PDA

View Full Version : What to hit???

Cinderellaluver
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
For dance we are taking a trip to Disney World during Memorial Weekend what rides should we make sure to hit and what rides is it ok if we skip??
Also we will be there for 3 days but part of that time we will be dancing.

:bowl::lift::fishbowl::dolphin:

BelleKP
03-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Question is . . . what parks are you going to? And roughly what time of day . . . that will factor into it as well! But the short list of must sees for me would be:
Magic Kingdom
1. Splash
2. Haunted Mansion
3. Buzz Lightyear
EPCOT
1. Soarin'
2. Test Track
3. Living with the Seas
(and all of World Showcase :blush: )
DHollywood Studios
1. Tower of Terror
2. Tower of Terror
3. Tower of Terror :D
Animal Kingdom
1. Expedition Everest
2. Kilimanjaro Sifaris
3. Festival of the Lion King/Nemo Musical
4. Dinosaur

Cinderellaluver
03-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the lists...by the way I forgot to add that some of my friends aren't the thrill ride type of people but some of us are so we would like rides in between.

Also we aren't sure what parks to hit yet.

:artist::music::fish::judge:

#1donaldfan
03-20-2008, 09:11 PM
With very limited time, I'd do:

MK.......splash, peter pan and HM
AK........EE, KRR
EC........MS, Soarin
MGM......RNR, ST, TOT

ASweetLov
03-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Magic Kingdom- Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mickey's Philharmagic
Epcot- All of World Showcase
AK- Dinosaur, It's Tough to be a Bug
MGM- Great Movie Ride, Beauty and the Beast live on stage, Fantasmic

Taja
03-21-2008, 12:42 PM
AK: Festival of the Lion King show

PetefromRI
03-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Are you with a High School group?When my kids were in H.S. they went with the marching band and they kept those kids pretty busy.There wasn't as much time to ride as they would have liked but they really had alot of fun.Good Luck!
P.S.-When they take you into the utilidors,close your eyes,my son said that it kind of blew it for him once he saw the "real" Disney.It couldn't have been that bad,at 20 he still begs us to take him back.

jpH/keD
03-21-2008, 12:57 PM
If you have never been to MGM(DHS) before Beauty and the beast is a MUST see show! I would be sad if I had ever skipped it! The rides are fun too but the show lasts longer! Have fun! :thumbsup:

bruin1344
03-21-2008, 01:31 PM
MK: The Mountains, Pirates, Haunted Mansion
Epcot: Mission Space, Test Track, Spaceship Earth
MGM: Rockin Rollercoast, Tower of Terror
AK: Expedition Everest, Safari, Rapids

The things to avoid are personal preference depending on age or opinion about particular disney movie (ex. i skip the pooh ride anytime i go but if you like winnie the pooh, then you'll want to go on it)

FenwayGirl
03-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Is your group dancing in MMD? My 11 year old just participated in that program with her dance team back in January.

Lots of fun

Cinderellaluver
03-22-2008, 11:49 AM
We aren't with a highschool group....but I will make sure to keep my eyes closed lol

Also Im not sure if we are dancing for magic music days or not. Either way I bet we will have fun.

What theme park should we make sure we hit and don't miss??

dumbo ears
03-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Magic Kingdom
1. all the mountains
2. mickey's philiharmagic, Haunted Mansionm and peter pan
3. jungle cruise, POTC, and buzzlightyear
stay away from
1. Stitch, hall of presidents, snow white, tiki room
Epcot
1. soarin and test track
2. anything with now wait
DHS
1. TOT and aerosmith, muppets
2. narnia- horrible
AK
1. Everest, kilimanjaro safaris, dinosaur, its tough to be a bug, primevil whirl
2. kali river rapids

KineGirl
03-24-2008, 01:22 AM
I dont know if my list is short enough but if I could only do so much this would be my plan ...

MK
see: Buzz Lightyear, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Small World (if u never seen), Laugh Factory, Splash Mtn, Thunder Mtn, WISHES!! Spectromagic
skip: Stitch, Snow White, Pooh, Astro Orbiter

Epcot
see: SOARIN', Figment, hit countries like Japan, Germany and Mexico, watch Dragon Legend Acrobats in China, the comedy troupe World Showcase players usually found around England (hilarious!!) and the trash can banging Jammitors (Check the schedule for times & places) & Spaceship Earth.. for your friends who do like thrill rides Test Track & Mission Space
miss: pretty much any of the countries rides

Hollywood Studios
see: the new Toy Story Mania, Block Party Bash Parade, Muppet Vision, Little Mermaid, Fantasmic, Lights Motor Action!, for thrill seekers Rock N Roller Coaster, ToT
skip: animation tours, Narnia, Backlot tour, Indiana Jones, Star Tours

Animal Kingdom
see: Safari, Kali River, Nemo, Lion King, Dinosaur, Tough to Be a Bug, watch the dancers in Africa outside of Tusker House, for thrill seeker Everest
skip: Camp Minnie, Primevel Whirl, Conservation Station, Bird show (tho its very cool if you like birds)

Have as much fun as you can!!! My best friend met up with us for 1 1/2 days in WDW and we raced thru all 4 parks hitting most of what we HAD to do but boy it was exhausting AND we didnt even have to dance in between :thumbsup: