PDA

View Full Version : Is this TOO much to plan for a day?

Princess2BsMom
03-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Getting ready to do our ADRs. I was just wondering if 2 TS is too much for one day. We are thinking breakfast and supper at a TS and then lunch at a CS. A lot of the ones we are going to try for are character meals. Our DD 4 will be with us and I think she will get a lot out of the character meals. I know that will be a lot of food, but I can start my diet when I get back home! :D

MMouse6937
03-20-2008, 03:37 PM
That sounds great to me!! :thumbsup:

I would plan every meal like that if DH didn't tell me to cool it!

With your little one having a character breakfast will be a great way to get her day off and going!

Have fun planning, it's my favorite part! :cloud9:

Hayden's Dad
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Only 2 per day? We are on the Deluxe Plan and are doing mostly 3 per day breakfast lunch and dinner:funny: Got to get our character meals in!!:thumbsup: I say make the most of it and have as much fun as you can.

Jared
03-20-2008, 03:50 PM
It would be too much for my family, but having two table service meals in a day is not unreasonable. We usually have a light breakfast at the resort, eat a counter service lunch and finish with a table service dinner. Even the regular Disney Dining Plan, with all its desserts and beverages, offers way too much food for me.

But if you space out the two meals, and you don't overeat, your schedule shouldn't take too much time. I recommend having a table service breakfast and dinner, and a light counter service lunch in the afternoon.

:tasty:

LauraF
03-20-2008, 04:32 PM
It's not unreasonable for my family either - but we tend to plan long trips (7+ days) so we can have time to see everything we want and eat three large meals a day. (When I was a teenager, the food schedule was almost as important as the WDW itself! :D)

CanadianFan
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
My kids loved the character meals -- all of us did! (Grandpa even got to flirt with Minnie!!) There was one day that we did a breakfast and a dinner -- but we only needed an afternoon snack, not a full CS. Just be cautious with your 4yo -- our DS4 LOVED the characters -- until they got within 5 feet of him! I was SOOOOO impressed by the characters, who were so sensitive to his fears! In Crystal Palace, they even posed so that we got photos of DS with the characters -- reflected in the mirror behind him :mickey:

Enjoy your time away -- I'm already in Disney withdrawals :(

luvdiznee
03-20-2008, 05:56 PM
:mickey:We are actually planning on doing this for one day on our upcoming trip. We will do SciFi for an early lunch, then a late dinner at 50's Prime. :mickey:

alaMode
03-20-2008, 06:58 PM
We have ADRs at the Akershus princess b'fast at 10:30am and ADRs for dinner at LeCellier at 6:00pm.
It was the only day I could fit both of those meals in...I don't think we'll need lunch!
Tess
Poly in eleven days!

wendy*darling
03-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I think 2 TS in one day is just fine.
We often do 2- and have on occasion done 3 in one day.

Since you are doing character meals- you can regulate how much you eat- or not. Make lighter choices- especially if it's a hot day. Enjoy the characters and eat only as much as is comfortable.
There is no rule that you have to overeat at a character meal! :D

Use the time to relax and re-energize for more park touring after the meal.

Hull-onian
03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
Well I am glad that you started this post. I went back and double checked my ADR's. I have a few days where I have two table service meals planned. But they are in such close proximity to our resort, that we are going to be fine travel time wise and the time to eat is going to work out good. :thanks: for a great post.:thumbsup:

MsMin
03-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I find the dining plan so much food. I think that having breakfast and dinner works well but you may want to make sure the kids don't eat a heavy lunch b/c they may not have room for dinner (only desert b/c there is always room for desert). I just always felt full on the DDP and that was with 1 TS a day.