PDA

View Full Version : Huge delima??

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-20-2008, 01:53 PM
We are going in september and reached our 180 day mark a week ago.

Myself, dh, dd, dsil, and 3dgd are booked to go. Due to recent cutbacks my daughter and son in law may not be able to go.:(

My question is my reservations are for 7 people. We would still be able to take the oldest granddaughter, 4, but that will leave 3 of us on a 7 person reservation.
We will not know until late summer if they will be able to go. (We are thinking positivly right now) Can i reduce the number of people in the reservation once we get there? i have great places booked and i am afraid if i wait until summer I won't be able to get what we really want.
Any suggestions?

WriteDisney
03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
I have first hand experience with this! I was planning on going on a trip with DBF and his family in March (actually this weekend) but had to cut back and moved our trip to September instead. So we just called up Disney Dining and changed all of our table serve ADR's to less people (From 6 to 4). Disney Dining was very helpful, they went through each day and changed the ADR's to 4 (for his fam's trip). It worked out just fine!

Be forewarned that since teh party will be smaller they have to move to another table. All of our reservations except one were just fine and tehy had no prob keeping that exact time, but they had to adjust one of our ADR's to a slightly different time to accomodate that number of people.. it was fine.. only 15 minute difference. :thumbsup:

Edit: I didn't realize that you were going to change it once there.. I don't know about that.. we called a month before and changed the number with no problem. But if you wait too long, like I said, they might have to move your party. And I don't know that I would recommend not telling Disney Dining about your party's change until you arrive, since they might end up giving your table away. To be safe I would let them know at least a month out, that way you get the table you want! :thumbsup:

Duchess99
03-20-2008, 02:09 PM
When you know for sure if they are coming or not, I would call WDW Dining and see what they say. It doesn't hurt to ask and you won't be losing your reservation.
My thoughts would be that for most places a table for 7 is 2 tables together. So cutting back may not be a problem as it's just a matter of splitting up the 2 tables.
If they can't switch your ADRs, then just keep the ressies for 7 and let them know the day of that some of your party couldn't make it. I'm sure they will be accommodating...it is Disney afterall :mickey:

pox24
03-20-2008, 02:12 PM
I beleieve you can cancel as late as 5 days out without penalty for the hotel. On special events like dinner shows, park parties etc., I'm not sure. ADR's reduced to 3 from 7 may not be an issue to change because Sept. is a less crowded period at WDW.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-20-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't know if i should make secondary reservations now, for just 3 then cancell the ones we dont need. We have CRT, Chef Mickey, Ohana's, askersus, 1900 park fare, and others we have been dying to try. :cloud9: It would be disappointing after sooooo many months of planning and calling at exactly 180 days out, to not get the same reservations we have now. :(
If i wait until August will i still get these reservations?

florida girl
03-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I would probably go ahead and make second reservations for a party of 3. Like mentioned before you will need to move to a different table and while you think it may not be a problem, at these popular restaurants you never know:) Then just cancel the ones you don't need as soon as you find out your party size so others can book them.

Deesdisney
03-20-2008, 04:52 PM
I had the same problem back in Feb. We were a party of 7 and went to a party of 4. I called and changed it 2 months before we went and the first ADR we went to they still had us down for 7. So I called again while I was there and changed them again. But every ADR made still had us as 7. I explained to the hostess but it did not upset them. In fact 4 times there were happy due to a large group that came in.