PDA

View Full Version : large "faux" engagement rings

Laughin' place
03-20-2008, 01:22 PM
I read somewhere that large, almost cartoonish, engagement rings were being sold at the park. We are already married, but I think my Disney princess woulndt mind if I popped the question to her one more time....
Any leads ?:bride::groom:

Quasimodo
03-20-2008, 02:41 PM
I know that the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at The World of Disney in Downtown Disney had some large costume jewelry rings at the register at one time. I don't know if they have any that are clear. I bought a blue one for my daughter after she had her makeover. The girl's costume section at The World of Disney may have some too.

Jasper
03-20-2008, 02:54 PM
As was already mentioned check anyplace at the parks that sells "royal" types of things. Also, while it is not at the parks, check with your local costume retailer and it is likely they will have them as well. My wife owns just such a shop and she sells the kind of ring you are talking about all the time. They are a lot of fun and some of them are very realistic until you stop and think about what such a real stone would cost.

biodtl
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't know about getting them in the parks, but I have seen them at party stores - you could get one there (probably cheaper) and go prepared.

brewcrew26
03-20-2008, 07:56 PM
For my bridal shower or bachelorette party, I can't remember which...my Maid of Honor got me a huge fake ring at a party store in the area. It lights up and everything. Very blingy! I'd recommend something like Michaels, Joann's, or Factory Card Outlet if you want to get it before you leave. You may also want to try one of those mall chain jewelry stores like Claire's or the Icing in the kiddie jewelry section.

Good luck! That's such a cute idea!!!

tinkerbell04
04-03-2008, 04:27 PM
For my bridal shower or bachelorette party, I can't remember which...my Maid of Honor got me a huge fake ring at a party store in the area. It lights up and everything. Very blingy! I'd recommend something like Michaels, Joann's, or Factory Card Outlet if you want to get it before you leave. You may also want to try one of those mall chain jewelry stores like Claire's or the Icing in the kiddie jewelry section.

I was going to mention that also. My sister was married last year and for her bachelorette party, I got her one from the factory card outlet and it lit up and blinked. Good luck!

Laughin' place
04-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Thanks for your help everyone ! This is our first trip as a new family (lovely wife, and our four sons). My "bride" and I are sleeping on the Murphy bed in the FtW cabins, while the four boys get the bedroom. Needless to say, not a lot of privacy this time, but want to make the trip as romantic as possible:cool:

mickeys_princess_mom
04-07-2008, 10:12 PM
You sound like a real sweetheart. Lucky bride.:mickey:

Laughin' place
04-09-2008, 01:36 PM
thanks, thats very nice of you to say. But I am the lucky one -- she saw beyond the Beast and made me a very happy man:blush:

cloud9
04-13-2008, 08:28 PM
That's one of the most romantic things I've ever heard! I even dropped a hint to my DH for our May trip... Have a great time with your disney princess!

phillydan
04-14-2008, 07:03 PM
The gift shop at the exit of Tower Of Terror has a huge assortment of faux cocktail rings - my wife buys one every time.

Laughin' place
04-16-2008, 04:02 PM
That may be the ticket phillydan -- thanks for the info ! Now, if we could just sneak into that beautiful wedding pavillion -- just the two of us :thumbsup: