PDA

View Full Version : My(Our) Most Magical Trip Ever!(Day 3)

jenperich
03-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Cast: Me-Jen, age 26, and Fiance-Jon, age 25

Our second day was just an wonderful as our first. We started off the day early at Animal Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours. We headed straight for Expedition Everest. I had heard so much about it that I couldn't wait lay my eyes on it. It was spectacular! We were lucky enough to get there when there was no line. We got right on. What a thrill! That yeti was truly frightening! As a then-25 yr. old, I screamed my head off! It was really fun though. We ended up riding this ride two more times right after another. We figured there was still no line, so ride it now! And we did! We ate breakfast at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop & Bakery. I love this place. I love getting the food and just eating it in that little African marketplace with all the music and dancing. We spent the rest of the morning going on the safari, which is always an experience; and meeting all of the other animals.

For lunch we ate at the Flame Tree BBQ, which was delicious! I was a little surprised, but it was really good. then we went into DinoLand, USA. It's always a good time there. We ended our day at AK with a ride on Kali River Rapids. We didn't want to be wet all day, so we were drenched for our ride back to POR.

After showering and getting ready for the night, we went over to Wilderness Lodge. I think this hotel remains one of my most favorite Disney hotels. I've never stayed there, but the feeling of warmth when you walk in just makes it feel like home. It's such a magical feeling. We ate dinner at Artist Point. What a fantastic restaurant this is. I was so impressed. Our waiter, Jim, was absolutely the best we had all week. He was just amazing. He really knew his stuff. I had the halibut and berry cobbler, while Jon had the buffalo steak and some chocolate dessert. It was great food. We will definitely eat there again.

After dinner we took the boat over to Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. This was our first ride(of the trip) on Space Mountain. It was a great time! Truly a classic ride and one that will remain for the ages. Also, the castle for Christmas was a spectacle that I am so glad I didn't miss. I was stunning! And the show they put on before they light the castle is so magical. We really just had fun that night walking onto every ride. No lines, no waiting. :-)

tinkerbell04
03-20-2008, 12:19 PM
You are really having a great trip and getting to do so much. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

gauvin4
03-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the report. I have not had a chance to check out Wilderness Lodge yet, but it is on my "to do" list for my Oct. trip. :mickey: I look forward to hearing more about your trip!

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 03:31 PM
This is really sounding like a trip full of magic! No waits, good meals... wow! I love Wilderness Lodge also and hope to stay there someday!

faline
03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Sounds like you'll need to plan a trip where you stay at Wilderness Lodge!

pdrlkr
03-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

BriarRose0708
03-21-2008, 02:06 PM
You sure are eating well on this trip! I am a fan of Space Mountain, too, it was my first ride ever at WDW. And I love the queues, it's definately a classic. I'm off to read more about your magical trip!

BluewaterBrad
03-22-2008, 01:58 PM
We were really impressed by the castle lights this past year!!:mickey:

wdwgrl377
03-22-2008, 08:47 PM
Your trip sounds so great so far! Glad you didn't wait long for rides, etc! :thumbsup:

The Wilderness Lodge is just awesome all together! Glad you enjoyed Artist Point! :mickey:

wilshade
03-23-2008, 08:37 AM
Flame Tree is my favorite CS. You are right. It s surprisingly good there. Artist Point is my favorite TS. And, I dont think I have ever seen the castle as beautiful as it was at Christmas.

Thanks for the report!

kaerbear178
03-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the report! I'm glad you are enjoying all of your meals!

Bethis26fan
03-26-2008, 03:10 PM
:mickey:Sounds like another great day, Thanks for sharing.

brewcrew26
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear you liked Artist Point. We're eating their our last night and haven't been there before. DH is dying to try the buffalo steak like your fiance. Sounds like you both had a ball!