PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions... Springing Toward Summer (Ete)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
03-20-2008, 07:26 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed the flight to Paris. You may now unbuckle and exit toward the front of the RV. Your hostess Mikki will help you orient yourself and give you directions to DLP.

Who brought the eclairs?

sorarail
03-20-2008, 07:35 AM
Very good pilot! A nice flight I must admit.
Sorry, no eclairs here, but I, once again, do have a very tasty pot of hot tea ready. Would anyone care for a cup?

and Happy Spring to all! :pick::mow::swing:

Caroleh
03-20-2008, 08:01 AM
Hey, Ken, nobody had any cookies for that flight. Do you think Alex stole them again?

How soon do we start the reno's on T & G's place?

:pick: Happy Spring, Everyone!!!:pick:

Hey, Pogo...:hug: (I thought I'd throw you off today!!!)

It's back to work for me today. I guess my supervisor has been at the store while I was gone rearranging some things that we had planned, but came into place just before I left. Have a great first day of spring everyone!!!

offwego
03-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi All..anyone need my starbucks map? I'm still :sick::ill: so hope spring is better for you all..

sorarail
03-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Hi All..anyone need my starbucks map? I'm still :sick::ill: so hope spring is better for you all..

Nat - here's some extra strength :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:
for you. :hug:

Does anyone else need some pixie dust or a hug? I have plenty to go around.:D

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Spring has sprung! Happy Spring everyone!

It's finally stopped raining here... minutes after I got home last night it actually turned to SNOW! A very heavy snowfall - didn't stick though, and lasted only 15 minutes before ending. Now we are in the dry up/clean up stage.

Nat - I sure hope those germs decide to vacate your body and leave your family alone!

Carol - have fun going back to work.

Ken - no eclairs here - but I did have a Cinnamon roll thingy from our vending machine.. do you want me to get you one?

disneydeb
03-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Smooth take off and landing , Ken.:thumbsup:

Mikki, what will we do first in Paris?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed the flight to Paris. You may now unbuckle and exit toward the front of the RV.:clappy: Thanks Ken! Isn't it a beautiful day?!!

Does anyone else need some pixie dust or a hug? I have plenty to go around.:DNot specifically, but I'll always accept either one!

Hi All..anyone need my starbucks map? I'm still :sick::ill: so hope spring is better for you all..:hug: and :pixie: Natalie! How are you gonna make dinner if you are all yukky?

Ken - no eclairs here - but I did have a Cinnamon roll thingy from our vending machine.. do you want me to get you one?
I still have some Chocolate Almond Toasts if anyone is interested (they are like biscotti). Nat -- a soda cracker perhaps???

Nascfan
03-20-2008, 09:29 AM
What's Ete? Is that anything like eat? And speaking of which, anybody got any cookies or Easter chocolate? My tumbly is rumbly already and I had some toast for breakfast.

Happy Spring everyone! Even though it will be much more like winter for Easter weekend around these parts.

Natalie, I hope you feel better soon. More get well :pixie: headed your way.

MissStyles
03-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Bonjour - good day....:mickey:

What's Ete? Is that anything like eat? And speaking of which, anybody got any cookies or Easter chocolate? My tumbly is rumbly already and I had some toast for breakfast.

Ete = Summer en Francais :)
Toast is surely not enough - I've got some Cadbury Mini Eggs - help yourself. :egg:

Page, I'll take a :hug: to get me through this day.

Uh oh - my boss just walked up behind me and saw me on INTERCOT. Do you think I'm in trouble???

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I still have some Chocolate Almond Toasts if anyone is interested (they are like biscotti). Nat -- a soda cracker perhaps???

I'll have a couple of those please.. if it's chocolate it has to be good! :D

And speaking of which, anybody got any cookies or Easter chocolate? My tumbly is rumbly already and I had some toast for breakfast.

Want me to get you something from our vending machine also? They've added Hershey DARK chocolate bars....

Uh oh - my boss just walked up behind me and saw me on INTERCOT. Do you think I'm in trouble???

I know I was when the VP of our company caught me on the internet...Good luck! Hope your boss is one of those laid back kind that really doesn't care as long as your work is done...

alpro2
03-20-2008, 10:41 AM
Paris? Why Paris? I don't want to go to Paris. How come I never get to pick the place?

I can't wait to snow ski again.....how many days until winter? :D

sorarail
03-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Page, I'll take a :hug: to get me through this day.

You may need this :hug: more than ever right now. I hope you haven't gotten in trouble. I keep Intercot minimized on my system almost all day at work so I can check in easily from time to time. My boss can't say anything to me because half of the time I catch her shopping on her computer. :D

drummerboy
03-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Toast is surely not enough - I've got some Cadbury Mini Eggs - help yourself. :egg:
Unless of course the toast is the :marg: variety.

We had a windy, rainy night last night, but not near as bad as they thought it would be. Right now it's clear and expected to go into the 70s. Good first day of spring, eh?

Has anybody found the road map to DLP yet? Where's Mikki? She's supposed to be guiding us.

offwego
03-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks guys...I'll try the cracker but no promises ok?

Jenn I think Matt will be making dinner. We were supposed to go to my Mom's but that's out.

I'll see you all around later.

Natazu
03-20-2008, 11:38 AM
Woo hoo! I made it onto the first page of a new JQ thread! Do I need to get a life? Yes I do.... yes I do

dlpmikki
03-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Smooth take off and landing , Ken.:thumbsup:

Mikki, what will we do first in Paris?
Why, head for Disney of course! What else is there to see? :thedolls:

Paris? Why Paris? I don't want to go to Paris. How come I never get to pick the place?

When you can manage to behave for more than one minute at a time you might, just might, be allowed to pick the place. Hey, who did pick Paris anyway? :D

Has anybody found the road map to DLP yet? Where's Mikki? She's supposed to be guiding us.

I'm here! Head out East and you can't miss it! Well, actually you can but I am sure the French have improved the road signage since I last drove there. Didn't you know the best way to get there is via London and then get the Eurostar Train straight to the gates of the park? :D

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 12:24 PM

275:freeze::winter::snowball: Meaning only 278 more shopping days until Christmas.

Didn't Nat say she had a map of Paris on her Starbuck's Cup? Or something like that...

Woo hoo! I made it onto the first page of a new JQ thread! Do I need to get a life? Yes I do.... yes I do

Welcome Jym! Small things amuse you - don't they...

When you can manage to behave for more than one minute at a time you might, just might, be allowed to pick the place. Hey, who did pick Paris anyway? :D

Jenn is the one that picked Paris... at least I think she did... since I don't speak french she may have been saying something about Paris Hilton...

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Jenn is the one that picked Paris... at least I think she did... since I don't speak french she may have been saying something about Paris Hilton...
Yes, I did....but then I said (in Spanish) that we could go to Spain, because I had never been to Spain. Regardless -- I am happy to be enjoying some good French coffee on such a beautiful Spring day! Here Di. Would you like a croissant??

Hey! Why did the cookie go to the doctor??

pogo
03-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey, Pogo...:hug: (I thought I'd throw you off today!!!)

And it worked ! :hug:

Where would you like to go ???

I would think your outfits would fit into gay Paris ! :D

275:freeze::winter::snowball: Meaning only 278 more shopping days until Christmas.

And that would make it only 265 days untill we are at WDW ! :D

Oh no.... not another one ! :faint:

Nascfan
03-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Ete = Summer en Francais :)

Thanks, and thanks! Yummies! Hope you didn't get in trouble with the boss.

Someone want to slap him?

Unless of course the toast is the :marg: variety.

Ah Ken, I just KNEW there was a reason I liked you!

I'll "bite". Why? :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2008, 01:17 PM

I'll "bite". Why? :D

That's the spirit Scott!

Because he felt crumb-y! :funny:

How does the Easter Bunny keep fit? :ebasket: :bunny: :egg:

drummerboy
03-20-2008, 01:29 PM
How does the Easter Bunny keep fit? :ebasket: :bunny: :egg:
Hopping down the bunny trail?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2008, 01:33 PM
Hopping down the bunny trail?
Naaaahhhhhhhhhh! Eggsercize! :egg: :funny:

Anyone remember my rabbit hole joke that got this all started last year?

What do you get when you pour hot water down a rabbit hole??

dlpmikki
03-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Hot cross bunnies?

Mickey'sGirl
03-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Hot cross bunnies?
:clappy:

Yay for Mikki!! Give her the giant 5 lb solid Bunny! Did you bring your double decker over for conducting this tour, or are you going to have Ken make the changes to the RV?

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Here Di. Would you like a croissant??

YUM! Thanks Jenn! Anyone have any chicken salad I can put on this croissant?

:( Not all of us...

Yay for Mikki!! Give her the giant 5 lb solid Bunny! Did you bring your double decker over for conducting this tour, or are you going to have Ken make the changes to the RV?

I've got a Bunny Big Ears in my deep freeze left over from last year.. would that do for her prize?

And would someone please make sure Ken knows which side is the right side to drive the RV on...

pogo
03-20-2008, 03:22 PM
:( Not all of us...

Poor baby........ I wish you could go too ! :(

Can't you have a garage sale or something ?? :D

alpro2
03-20-2008, 03:27 PM
That's because you are usually lurking about at 2:00 AM.

Where would you like to go ???

How about San Francisco? :D

disneydeb
03-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Are you asking what school teachers do on Spring Break?

We take online courses, plan future lessons and do our grown daughter's laundry. No I'm not complaining... I went to Disney and met some of my wonderful on line friends from Intercot during fall break. :mickey:

Jasper
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
And would someone please make sure Ken knows which side is the right side to drive the RV on...

What, and take all the fun out of life?

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Poor baby........ I wish you could go too ! :(

Can't you have a garage sale or something ?? :D

I don't have a garage to sell... :fresh:

I believe your outfits would fit right in in San Francisco also! :D

What, and take all the fun out of life?

Hmmm... does the RV come equipped with air bags? (:goodbad: to say it or not to say it....) ok.. I'll say it.. and I'm not referring to Alex and Pogo! :D

pogo
03-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Hmmm... does the RV come equipped with air bags? (:goodbad: to say it or not to say it....) ok.. I'll say it.. and I'm not referring to Alex and Pogo! :D
Sometimes you say the cutest things ! :blush:
That's not one of them. :shake:

What else can you come up with today ???? Is that it ???? :D

sorarail
03-20-2008, 04:07 PM
What's up with everyone this afternoon?
I'm sitting here at work and I don't feel like working. I think I have a major case of spring fever. :ill:
Oh, to be in Paris in the spring! Actually, it's quite nice right here. The sky is a beautiful shade of blue, trees are all turning green, the dogwoods are starting to bloom...I wanna go outside! NOW! :fit:
Oh well, I guess that's it for my rant.
Does any one have some dark chocolate to share? That might help calm me down. :D

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Sometimes you say the cutest things ! :blush:
That's not one of them. :shake:

What else can you come up with today ???? Is that it ???? :D

Hmm.. I thought it was pretty cute.. should we take a poll and see who else on here thought it was cute?

Ok.. all who thought my "Pogo and Alex as air bags" qoute was cute please raise your hands...

Dsnygirl
03-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Hi guys!! :party2: :pick: Happy Spring!! :pick: :party2: Wish it actually looked or felt like spring out there... :(... but it ought to soon, right???

I can't wait to snow ski again.....how many days until winter?
I'm not even going there.... :shake:

I keep Intercot minimized on my system almost all day at work so I can check in easily from time to time. My boss can't say anything to me because half of the time I catch her shopping on her computer.
It's always helpful to have dirt on the management!! :)

Right now it's clear and expected to go into the 70s. Good first day of spring, eh?

Sounds lovely!! I think I've got a few more weeks until those days start coming...

And that would make it only 265 days untill we are at WDW !

259 for me.... :joy:

So - how's everyone's Thursday? I'm feeling like I need the next 36 hours to stretch to 48 or more... I had to get up tres early for an appraisal on our house, now I have to prepare paperwork for a conv. with our mortgage guy... Julia & I have to make a bunch more crystals for her school project so they can grow while we're gone and of course, there's the new pile of laundry that needs to get done... I could use tomorrow to do all this stuff, but my mom has dr's appts she has to get to, so we'll be gone most of my day off. Anybody have a time-stretcher I could use???

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 04:13 PM
What's up with everyone this afternoon?
I'm sitting here at work and I don't feel like working. I think I have a major case of spring fever. :ill:
Oh, to be in Paris in the spring! Actually, it's quite nice right here. The sky is a beautiful shade of blue, trees are all turning green, the dogwoods are starting to bloom...I wanna go outside! NOW! :fit:
Oh well, I guess that's it for my rant.
Does any one have some dark chocolate to share? That might help calm me down. :D

I'm with you - I'm still sitting at work and I don't feel like working either. Spring fever must be contagious!

We have some Dark Chocolate Hershey bars in our vending machine. Do you want me to go get you one?

sorarail
03-20-2008, 04:25 PM
... I could use tomorrow to do all this stuff, but my mom has dr's appts she has to get to, so we'll be gone most of my day off. Anybody have a time-stretcher I could use???

Oh how well I understand your time situation. My mom lived with us for two years before she passed. Almost all of my free time was spent taking her to doctors appts or the emergency room. But, being the youngest, and the only daughter, what else could I do? My brothers were about as helpful as a couple of deflated air-bags.

Oops...I'm ranting again. Sorry....

I'm with you - I'm still sitting at work and I don't feel like working either. Spring fever must be contagious!

We have some Dark Chocolate Hershey bars in our vending machine. Do you want me to go get you one?

Would you please? That would be quite lovely and maybe I'll be able to regain my normally sunny disposition.:sun:

Jasper
03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Hmm.. I thought it was pretty cute.. should we take a poll and see who else on here thought it was cute?

Ok.. all who thought my "Pogo and Alex as air bags" qoute was cute please raise your hands...

So are they electronically controlled or do they only pop out when they hit something hard?

disneydrmr
03-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Would you please? That would be quite lovely and maybe I'll be able to regain my normally sunny disposition.:sun:

How about I get you two or three then?

So are they electronically controlled or do they only pop out when they hit something hard?

:funny:

Beast_fanatic
03-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Who wants to finish out my work day for me? Alex? You aren't busy, why don't you come pretend to be me for a little while? You can hand out as many :nono: 's as you want. :D

offwego
03-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Well that was my alternate suggestion you know. Can you imagine all that appreciation for my shoes? What's a girl to do.

What colour are you feeling for spring this year Alex? I had far too much blue and green last year I think. What about some white and black combo's? Or maybe an animal print? Hmm good shoe season..I can hardly wait.

do our grown daughter's laundry. Would you like to be my mom?

Who wants to finish out my work day for me? Alex? You aren't busy, why don't you come pretend to be me for a little while? You can hand out as many :nono: 's as you want. :D
Now there's a job offer..and you can get some :marg: after work..

Jasper
03-20-2008, 05:25 PM
What colour are you feeling for spring this year Alex? I had far too much blue and green last year I think. What about some white and black combo's? Or maybe an animal print? Hmm good shoe season..I can hardly wait.

I was thinking that with your fashion forward sense that you would set a new trend with a combination of neons, stripes and plaids.

Will you share the royalties if you make that combination work?

Oh wait, I just remembered, that is what was being worn in the '80's wasn't it?

offwego
03-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I was thinking that with your fashion forward sense that you would set a new trend with a combination of neons, stripes and plaids.
Oh wait, I just remembered, that is what was being worn in the '80's wasn't it?

Yeah pretty much..and the rule is if you wore a trend the first time you shouldn't do it again so I'm clear on the neon (was a little young for that part) but ruled inelgible on the plaids and stripes. Sigh..I actually liked the plaid stuff then. (but not now thank you)

How are you doing Jasper? Isn't your trip to Vegas really soon?

drummerboy
03-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Hey jasper, you should see the outfits DD came up with for Guys and Dolls. Maybe we can start another 40s trend. I think they wore shoes then, didn't they?

There's always one problem with playing in the pit band for a play--you don't get to see the play. I'll have to wait for the video.

Is everybody drying out yet?

Beast_fanatic
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM

Do we have people in rehab?

dlpmikki
03-20-2008, 06:08 PM
Didn't you know the forecast was for rain, wind, sleet and snow storms in europe for the next few days/week? I have to drive to Yorkshire on Saturday and the roads may not be passable (not that it takes much in the UK for that to be the case!!!!)

Please don't expect DLP to be like WDW. The weather is not the same, the CMs are not the same and the guests are European and they don't understand what lines are! It sure is a pretty park though and the Dragon is well worth visiting......

pogo
03-20-2008, 06:14 PM

Not many hands up ! :D

Now that's funny..... I don't care who you are..... that's funny right there.

Who's side are you on, costume boy ????? :D

Who wants to finish out my work day for me? Alex? You aren't busy, why don't you come pretend to be me for a little while? You can hand out as many :nono: 's as you want.
:shake: Bad choice !

Made me snort with that one, Rhonda ! :D

MauiMouse
03-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Please don't expect DLP to be like WDW. The weather is not the same, the CMs are not the same and the guests are European and they don't understand what lines are! It sure is a pretty park though and the Dragon is well worth visiting......

I'd would have to agree, but I'd also go back too if given a chance. Dragon is definitely worth visiting.

Drive safe Mikki. Watch out for those puddles. Do you have puddles?

We are suppose to leave out of Detroit tomorrow night and now they are predicting 2-4 inches of the white stuff. Just great. Trying to get on earlier flight tomorrow.

Caroleh
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM

I believe your outfits would fit right in in San Francisco also! :D

I was thinking the same thing!!! Is this scary that we we're all thinking the same thing?

Someone want to slap him?

Can we all slap him together? (I was also thinking the same thing, Scott)

Well, we are in Paris, but I thought it was Paris, France not Paris Hilton!!!!

I wasn't in the mood to work or be at work today. There is too much stuff to do here. Tomarrow I don't have to work but we need to get things done at the apartment so I still won't get anything done here.

Tink&Goofy
03-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Want me to get you something from our vending machine also? They've added Hershey DARK chocolate bars....

Did someone say Dark Chocolate? My favorite! They have those in our vending machine too - which fortunately is on another floor...

How many days until you go back to work?? :D

Don't we all?? :D

And that would make only 3 more days until we are in WDW!! :D

Who's side are you on, costume boy ????? :D

Is that the best you can do - balloon boy? :D

So whats for dinner? I figure since you guys have probably all eaten, maybe someone has a great idea for me for dinner tonight!

disneydeb
03-20-2008, 10:38 PM

Should we?

ElenitaB
03-20-2008, 10:44 PM
Happy spring, everyone! I'm taking solace in the fact that it shows on the calendar even though it doesn't feel like it outside.

Happy Spring everyone! Even though it will be much more like winter for Easter weekend around these parts.
I guess it will make it easier for the young'uns to find their Easter eggs against the white snow (you do dye them, don't you?)

Alex, darling... could you please lean in close to your monitor? That's good... a bit closer now... SMACK!

Head out East and you can't miss it! Well, actually you can but I am sure the French have improved the road signage since I last drove there. Didn't you know the best way to get there is via London and then get the Eurostar Train straight to the gates of the park?
There are bad road signs in France? They must have studied civil engineering in New Jersey then. The Eurostar trains go directly to DLP? That's a good tidbit to know. Thanks!

Yes, I did....but then I said (in Spanish) that we could go to Spain, because I had never been to Spain. Regardless -- I am happy to be enjoying some good French coffee on such a beautiful Spring day! Here Di. Would you like a croissant?? [/COLOR]
Can I get a pain au chocolat? And a nice cafe au lait? :cloud9: Actually double :cloud9: if we get to have them at an outdoor cafe.

YUM! Thanks Jenn! Anyone have any chicken salad I can put on this croissant?

I've got a Bunny Big Ears in my deep freeze left over from last year.. would that do for her prize?
Sorry I got here late, Di. I actually do have chicken salad in the fridge that I made. It has celery, dried cranberries and walnuts in it. Want some for lunch tomorrow? Or are you havng fish?

Good luck with your drive, Mikki. So you're saying the CMs are French? ;) Is the Dragon like the one in VMK?

We are suppose to leave out of Detroit tomorrow night and now they are predicting 2-4 inches of the white stuff. Just great. Trying to get on earlier flight tomorrow.
Good luck with that Mary! Wise move to change your flight for something earlier (says one who's had experience in that realm :( )

So whats for dinner? I figure since you guys have probably all eaten, maybe someone has a great idea for me for dinner tonight!
Chinese takeout? :blush:

Have a great night, everyone! Please send :pixie: and sleepy dust so I don't do my normal 3:00 am bedtime (thanks to my pre-meds). Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL! :hug:

Tink&Goofy
03-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Can I get a pain au chocolat?
Pain in the chocolate? :D

Sorry I got here late, Di. I actually do have chicken salad in the fridge that I made. It has celery, dried cranberries and walnuts in it.
That sounds yummy!!

Chinese takeout? :blush:
I had Chinese for lunch! :blush: We had a big retirement lunch for someone in our group that is retiring next week. I'm so jealous! So guess who gets to inherit her work? The only good part is it will require a trip to South Carolina in the near future - one state I have never been to!

Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL! :hug:
That is fantastic news Ellen!! We'll keep it coming, if you'll soak it all in! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

I guess I really should be packing...:blush:

disneydeb
03-20-2008, 10:59 PM
Alex, darling... could you please lean in close to your monitor? That's good... a bit closer now... SMACK!
Good One!

Have a great night, everyone! Please send :pixie: and sleepy dust so I don't do my normal 3:00 am bedtime (thanks to my pre-meds). Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL! :hug:

((((HUGS)))) That is great news!
When are you going back to vist MIckey, Minnie, Mikki and Andrew?:mickey:

drummerboy
03-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Drive safe Mikki. Watch out for those puddles. Do you have puddles?
It's the French that have the puddles. The English have bulldogs.

The only good part is it will require a trip to South Carolina in the near future - one state I have never been to!
Will it take you anywhere near Myrtle Beach?

disneydeb
03-20-2008, 11:25 PM

ROFL!!!

Would you believe I almost forgot my question??

Tink&Goofy
03-20-2008, 11:53 PM
It's the French that have the puddles. The English have bulldogs.?

Will it take you anywhere near Myrtle Beach?
Where's Myrtle Beach? (Seriously, I really don't know the area at all! :blush:) I really don't know a whole lot, since I just inherited it today. I know some time will be in Columbia. I'll know more after I return from vacation. BTW, this is not the trip I mentioned before - this was just sprung on me today. The other trip is still in limbo right now....

Well, the good news is that DD is feeling much better. Her cough is even better. The bad news? You guessed it - now DH is coughing and sneezing. I think one of us is sleeping on the couch tonight! :blush:

sorarail
03-21-2008, 08:20 AM
The only good part is it will require a trip to South Carolina in the near future - one state I have never been to!

Where's Myrtle Beach? (Seriously, I really don't know the area at all!) I really don't know a whole lot, since I just inherited it today. I know some time will be in Columbia.
Well, the good news is that DD is feeling much better. Her cough is even better. The bad news? You guessed it - now DH is coughing and sneezing. I think one of us is sleeping on the couch tonight!

Columbia? It's okay, but the coast is much prettier (and friendlier). I do believe Drummerboy would agree with me, won't you Ken?

Glad to hear DD is better. Here's some :pixie::pixie: for your DH. Please don't let him pass it on to you, okay?

We had a piddle puddle making poodle as a pet when I was a small child. I don't think it was French, however.

Anyone else glad it's Friday?

I have the day off, today, so I'm getting a head start on :laundry::laundry2::vacuum:and :mop:. If I get it all done today, I can play tomorrow when DH Bob also has the day off.

Happy Easter, ya'll!:easter:

Dsnygirl
03-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Oh, and good news - the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL!
I can't believe you put that at the end of your note as an "aside"!!! That is SO GREAT!!! :party2: Sending loads more pixie dust your way to keep up (down??) the good numbers!! :pixie::pixie:

Well, the good news is that DD is feeling much better. Her cough is even better. The bad news? You guessed it - now DH is coughing and sneezing. I think one of us is sleeping on the couch tonight! :blush:
Well, I'm glad to hear your DD is better.... and sending some healing :pixie: to your DH! Did the couch help him at all?? ;)

Just a quick zoop in for me this am... gotta go run errands and take my mom around to her dr's appts... then it's back home to finish packing, etc. Oh, and of course, the spring shoes that fit Julia a few months ago are super small on her, as of last night.... so we've got to find Easter shoes today, too!! Wish me luck.... :blush:

What does everybody have planned for this Easter wknd?? (okay, okay, all except Cindy --- we all know what her plans are, lucky girl....)

pogo
03-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Good morning all....... you've been real chatty since I've been on.

Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL!
Ellen..... I'm sittting here with the biggest smile on my face ! This is great news ! I wish I could give you a real hug right now ! But this will have to do.... :hug: You've made my day... you've made my week..... ah heck... you've made my YEAR ! :D

What does everybody have planned for this Easter wknd?? (okay, okay, all except Cindy --- we all know what her plans are, lucky girl....)

We have a very quiet Easter planned. We are staying at home with a couple of friends coming for dinner.

To everyone traveling.... please travel safe and enjoy your time at WDW.... or with family..... or with friends.

Have a blessed Easter weekend ! :D

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
I can't believe you put that at the end of your note as an "aside"!!! That is SO GREAT!!! :party2: Sending loads more pixie dust your way to keep up (down??) the good numbers!! :pixie::pixie:

Well, I'm glad to hear your DD is better.... and sending some healing :pixie: to your DH! Did the couch help him at all?? ;)

Just a quick zoop in for me this am... gotta go run errands and take my mom around to her dr's appts... then it's back home to finish packing, etc. Oh, and of course, the spring shoes that fit Julia a few months ago are super small on her, as of last night.... so we've got to find Easter shoes today, too!! Wish me luck.... :blush:

Good luck with the errands and shoe shopping ... and the packing! By the way.... Which suitcase do I get to hop in? :D

OUr plans, Dustin (Amy's almost fiance) is coming to spend the weekend with us.
So, I've been menu planning for the weekend:
grilled chicken for tonight
lasagna for tomorrow night
ham for Sunday after church

disneydrmr
03-21-2008, 09:10 AM
Morning everyone! Happy Friday! (wait, that's a different thread)...

Didn't you know the forecast was for rain, wind, sleet and snow storms in europe for the next few days/week? I have to drive to Yorkshire on Saturday and the roads may not be passable (not that it takes much in the UK for that to be the case!!!!)
[QUOTE]

Be careful driving! Stay safe!

[QUOTE=Tink&Goofy;1580764]Did someone say Dark Chocolate? My favorite! They have those in our vending machine too - which fortunately is on another floor...

Yeah, that means you work the calories off BEFORE you eat the chocolate! :D

Sorry I got here late, Di. I actually do have chicken salad in the fridge that I made. It has celery, dried cranberries and walnuts in it. Want some for lunch tomorrow? Or are you havng fish?

Have a great night, everyone! Please send and sleepy dust so I don't do my normal 3:00 am bedtime (thanks to my pre-meds). Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL!

Your chicken salad sounds wonderful! I would have some today for lunch but I am not gonna eat lunch today... I plan to fast until dinner. And I actually do have fish planned for dinner - tilapia baked with lemon butter and dill weed...

AWESOME news on your blood counts! I've been praying for you and will continue to do so!

I had Chinese for lunch!

Must've been a chinese type day yesterday... 5 of us in my office ordered in chinese. It was yummy!

Well, the good news is that DD is feeling much better. Her cough is even better. The bad news? You guessed it - now DH is coughing and sneezing. I think one of us is sleeping on the couch tonight!

Gee... I wonder which one that will be? :D

Anyone else glad it's Friday?

:here: Me me!!! And since I've requested a vacation day on Monday I get a long weekend! Yeah!

What does everybody have planned for this Easter wknd??

Let's see.. getting our taxes done... going to church.... eating some ham... sleeping in...and probably doing some spring cleaning! :vacuum::mop::laundry:

offwego
03-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Morning all, I've finally turned the corner on this thing and feel better. Must be some pixie dust.

Speaking of Pixie dust..Ellen that's just so amazing! Matt & William are also thrilled. (William in fact said "SWEEEET" which as I'm sure you know is reserved for only the coolest of news). We will of course continue to hold you in our prayers..considering Will made me a new rosary (pink and green of all things!) I might as well use it for some of my intercot friends...:dance::cheer::pixie::pixie::dance::chee r:

T & g that sounds good for your DD & bad for your DH. Hope he feels better soon.

Matt will be making prime rib instead of ham anyone want some? I think with a sweet potatoe puree & some sauted spinach and a rough mash of potato and parsnip. (the puree is more for me then anything as he' trying to tempt my tummy with some of my fave veggies).

I'll be around I'm sure off and on and wish you all a wonderful weekend with your families and safe travels. Mary if you haven't left yet what date are you thinking of flying out in Dec?

ElenitaB
03-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Thank you all so much for the renewed pixie dust. This morning I realized that the new number was actually from the test they made right before my third dose, so it was actually the result of only two weeks. So needless to say, I'm feeling quite blessed and thankful (for the everything!) but particularly for good friends, spring and a great medical team.

Pain in the chocolate?
Is that even possible? I think not! ;)

When are you going back to vist MIckey, Minnie, Mikki and Andrew?:mickey:
We fly in May 1... hopefully it won't snow that day.

Monitor cleaner, please!

So who has to work today, besides me?

Have a lovely Friday, all! See you later!

drummerboy
03-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Columbia? It's okay, but the coast is much prettier (and friendlier). I do believe Drummerboy would agree with me, won't you Ken?
Ever notice how Columbia almost always has the highest temperatures in the summer?

T&G, Myrtle Beach is pretty well known on the East Coast. It's in the far Northeastern part of South Carolina, just south of my NC county. Among other things, it's known as a golf mecca. They're about to open a Hard Rock theme park this summer.

Caroleh
03-21-2008, 09:21 AM

:funny:Did you smack him extra hard? Hit him again for me!!!

Have a great night, everyone! Please send and sleepy dust so I don't do my normal 3:00 am bedtime (thanks to my pre-meds). Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL!

That's great news!!! :hug::pixie::pixie::pixie: Here's another helping of pixie dust to keep those counts in order!!!

IWhat does everybody have planned for this Easter wknd??

I have to work Saturday, today and Sunday we're going to the apartment to do the really deep cleaning(they want everything scrubed, including the walls and windows), and if I have anytime left, unpacking and laundry. I've almost found my scrapbooking studio.

Good luck with finding shoes, Blythe!!

disneydrmr
03-21-2008, 09:28 AM
We have a very quiet Easter planned. We are staying at home with a couple of friends coming for dinner.

Have a blessed Easter weekend ! :D

You have a blessed Easter too Pogo! :hug:

OUr plans, Dustin (Amy's almost fiance) is coming to spend the weekend with us.

Sounds like a yummy weekend! Will you have leftovers to share next week? Lasagna sounds pretty good!

Morning all, I've finally turned the corner on this thing and feel better. Must be some pixie dust.

Matt will be making prime rib instead of ham anyone want some? I think with a sweet potatoe puree & some sauted spinach and a rough mash of potato and parsnip. (the puree is more for me then anything as he' trying to tempt my tummy with some of my fave veggies).

I'm happy to hear you are feeling better! Hope you continue to improve!

Prime Rib is one of my favorites! And I love sweet potatoes! I'll skip on the spinach and the parsnip stuff... Can you have that food here by 11am?

So who has to work today, besides me?

Have a lovely Friday, all! See you later!

I'm at work. Will be here until 5pm...who's gonna keep me company?

Caroleh
03-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Geesh, I was answering a post and as I was typing there were 6 new post!!!

Gee... I wonder which one that will be? :D

In our house it's usually me that ends up on the couch. That's because it's easier for me then Gilles.

Serious question, for once...for those of you going in December for the JQ meet, has anyone booked their rooms yet? I'm going to request the time off on Saturday and as soon as I get the okay book the trip.

Jasper
03-21-2008, 09:51 AM
How are you doing Jasper? Isn't your trip to Vegas really soon?

Thanks for asking. Our trip was actually this past weekend Arrived out there Saturday morning and returned late Tuesday evening. And in between? Well, let's just say that what happens in Vegas should definitely STAY in Vegas.

Saturday was OK but then on Sunday I started up with a lot of pain in my lower back but still managed to get in everything we intended. Then Sunday night happened! I went to sleep about 11:00 then about 3:00 in the morning my wife tried to wake me because I was making strange noises. After trying for about 15 minutes to wake me she finally called the EMT's.

To make a long story short, I didn't wake up until late Monday evening laying in a hospital bed. We still don't know for sure what happened but they think it was a combination of pneumonia, kidney stones, and dehydration, but they really aren't sure what it was.

Despite all that we did still make our flight home at 6:00pm on Tuesday. So needless to say it was not the best trip we have ever taken.

I know how I feel about all this stuff but it is my wife that gets the worst of it. I am laying there completely out of it and she is the one trying to pull all the pieces together.

I am still feeling pretty weak but am slowly getting over whatever it was. So, how many of our regulars are off work today/

offwego
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
I have to work Saturday, today and Sunday we're going to the apartment to do the really deep cleaning(they want everything scrubed, including the walls and windows), Why would you care what they want??

Prime Rib is one of my favorites! And I love sweet potatoes! I'll skip on the spinach and the parsnip stuff... Can you have that food here by 11am??
You must want it pretty rare then..it's 9:50 and not even in the oven. Since Matt is currently doing housework I'm not about to stop him to cook if you don't mind. (I know I know I'm the luckiest girl in the world and he's perfrect and no he has no brothers)

Serious question, for once...for those of you going in December for the JQ meet, has anyone booked their rooms yet? I'm going to request the time off on Saturday and as soon as I get the okay book the trip.
No we have not yet...still much debate as we are planning a "split stay" with 2 nights at a deluxe and are really struggling on which one. Part of this is to make sure we can have Ben and Will hang some around a pool which eliminated our first choice AKL & now we are debating WL & OKW..Matt will let me do what I want (see above post re perfect husband qualities but don't worry he does snore!) I just haven't made up my mind. For the first part we are doing ASM I think..both to save the $$ and because we are really planning a lot of park time at the begining.

Jasper I'm sorry to hear that..I know you were looking for this to be a fun break for you and your wife and it doesn't seem to have done that. Our thoughts are with you that you'll be feeling better soon.

alpro2
03-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Who wants to finish out my work day for me? Alex? You aren't busy, why don't you come pretend to be me for a little while? You can hand out as many :nono: 's as you want.
Nobody can do what you do, Rhonda! :D

Last year it was peep toes....what's in this year?

Didn't you know the forecast was for rain, wind...storms in europe for the next few days/week?

Isn't that your forecast 300 out of 365 days?

Can we all slap him together? (I was also thinking the same thing, Scott)

Are you going down my road, Patchwork Babe? :thedolls:

Oh, behaaave. ;)

Originally Posted by drummerboy
It's the French that have the puddles. The English have bulldogs

ROFL!!!

Don't you mean, "Ruff"?

JQ friends? What shall we bring?

Caroleh
03-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Why would you care what they want??

No we have not yet...still much debate as we are planning a "split stay" with 2 nights at a deluxe and are really struggling on which one. Part of this is to make sure we can have Ben and Will hang some around a pool which eliminated our first choice AKL & now we are debating WL & OKW..Matt will let me do what I want (see above post re perfect husband qualities but don't worry he does snore!) I just haven't made up my mind. For the first part we are doing ASM I think..both to save the $$ and because we are really planning a lot of park time at the begining.

The reason we care is because they gave us a list of what had to be done and a list of charges of what things would cost if they needed to do anything. For example, if they have to replace the carpet they would charge us $2200 or if they have to paint the place we'd get charged $35 per hour. After almost 10 years, these things need to be done anyway. I don't think we'll be scrubbing windows and walls, but we'll make sure the carpets are steamed(we have our own machine--they even tell you where to rent them from) and everything else is clean. We know they are planning to replace the whole kitchen, which needed to be done before we moved in there. We don't want to get hit with a big bill, even though we've decided that if they try to charge us with anything, we're taking it to our lawyer and the landlord/tenet tribunal. Most of the things that need to be replaced should be replaced after 10 years...including the appliances which look like they came from the 70's.

As for the Dec. trip, we know we want to stay at POFQ, but now we're trying to decide if we want the dining plan or not. For us, the dining plan was too much food, but we're thinking at eating at a few of the 2 TS meals. We have to go back to the Flying Fish Cafe and thinking about Jiko or Narcoossee's. We also want to eat at the Yak and Yeti.

Well, I better get going to go back to that yucky place. Everyone have a great day!!

Where is question jar?

offwego
03-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Carol do you have a camera that will time and date stamp? If you do I'd take pictures after your clean up to prove stuff just in case.

Alex this year it seems to be all about the wedge. (which is good cause they are very easy to walk in..)

Peep toe still in, but with the wedge heel vs a regular heel. Patent anything is very very hot as well.

pogo
03-21-2008, 10:54 AM
JQ friends? What shall we bring?Just bring Maria ! Don't you think that's enough ? :D

Alex this year it seems to be all about the wedge.
Would that be a 56 degree or 60 degree wedge ?:confused:

offwego
03-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Just bring Maria ! Don't you think that's enough ? :D

Would that be a 56 degree or 60 degree wedge ?:confused:

Well with a wedge style you don't often go that high on an angle as it will also be under the toe part as well. (Kinda like a platform but not as it angles but not sharply). More like a 45-40 I would say.

Do you want me to measure some of mine to find out? Are you wanting to make sure yours are still up to the latest fashions?

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 11:33 AM
Well, we are in Paris, but I thought it was Paris, France not Paris Hilton!!!!

It could also be Paris, Texas.

Oh, and good news: the pixie dust and the chemo are working. My blood counts are down 4 points in 4 weeks, and I'm back in the normal range. THANK YOU ALL! :hug:

Congrats on the great news! :congrats: And, as always, more :pixie: and :hug: coming your way!

Would you believe I almost forgot my question??

Yes. :yes:

You only eat one meal a day? :eek:

Nope, we haven't decided where we want to stay yet. I did get the time off approved though (as did DH, I think). He's so funny - he keeps asking me when we can really start planning (thinks like ADRs, etc.). It's so strange to have him actually excited over going to WDW!

To make a long story short, I didn't wake up until late Monday evening laying in a hospital bed. We still don't know for sure what happened but they think it was a combination of pneumonia, kidney stones, and dehydration, but they really aren't sure what it was.

Yikes! Glad to hear you're starting to feel better! Lots of :pixie: headed your way!

pogo
03-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Well with a wedge style you don't often go that high on an angle as it will also be under the toe part as well. (Kinda like a platform but not as it angles but not sharply). More like a 45-40 I would say.

Do you want me to measure some of mine to find out? Are you wanting to make sure yours are still up to the latest fashions?

That won't be necessary. But do me a favor ? Ask Scott, Alex, Dan, or maybe even Matt what I mean ! :D

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 11:35 AM
To those attend ing the JQ meet in December...

Are you all planning a dinner together- or something?

pogo
03-21-2008, 11:36 AM

Good question. I think either Blythe, Natalie, Ellen or Mikki is in charge. Can someone answer this ??? :D

offwego
03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
That won't be necessary. But do me a favor ? Ask Scott, Alex, Dan, or maybe even Matt what I mean ! :D Sure..but I didn't know they knew a great deal about shoes (aside from Alex that is).

No clue..we have swimming planned with Ben and that's it.

Good question. I think either Blythe, Natalie, Ellen or Mikki is in charge. Can someone answer this ??? :D I'm only in charge of shoes..

However I would imagine we will plan something..Perhaps a tea? Or an icecream meet? I've only ever done one meet so I'm hardly up to "planning" one..but with this many could we do it via a grandgathering thing even? They have some wicked options.

pogo
03-21-2008, 11:46 AM
As for the Dec. trip, we know we want to stay at POFQ, but now we're trying to decide if we want the dining plan or not. For us, the dining plan was too much food, but we're thinking at eating at a few of the 2 TS meals. We have to go back to the Flying Fish Cafe and thinking about Jiko or Narcoossee's. We also want to eat at the Yak and Yeti.
Patti and I are confirmed for POFQ, 12/11 to 12/17. We are NOT doing the dining plan as we can't eat that much food and we'll spend about half the price. But this time we bought Park Hoppers. :thumbsup: We are planning on doing the Fantasmic Package at the Brown Derby and The Candlelight Processional at Le Cellier. Maybe one evening we'll eat at Boatwrights. Other than that, we'll do burgers and such. What do you think about those plans ??

Nope, we haven't decided where we want to stay yet. I did get the time off approved though (as did DH, I think). He's so funny - he keeps asking me when we can really start planning (thinks like ADRs, etc.). It's so strange to have him actually excited over going to WDW!
Is he excited because he'll get to meet the world famous Caroleh and see her belly dance at Morocco ?? :confused:

Are we going to have fun or what ? :D

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 11:49 AM
I am dying to go! I asked Amy today is she would be OK with a 3 or 4 day trip, she said absolutely NOT! Now Dustin's bro and sis are not going- I figured I could spring for a 3 night stay at POFQ for the 3 ir 4 if us - but I can't be off work more than 3 days.
Let's get a list of who is going for sure....

POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & MAT & WILLIAM
MIKKI & ANDREW
MARY & ?

Who else? I've not met Pogo, Patti, Natalie, Carol and Gilles. I would LOVE to meet EVERYONE!!

offwego
03-21-2008, 11:51 AM
The Candlelight Processional at Le Cellier.

The Candlelight processional is high on our list this trip as well..perhaps this might be a meet option? (we wouldn't all have to do the same dinner at the same place to meet up in the resereved line if I understand how it works correctly)

It is an amazing show. Brownderby also sounds cool. For the first time we aren't going to do the dining plan (I think) but we are still planning a few special dining options. (Boma's, Crystal Palace, Jiko's or Cali grill for a full meal experience and or possiblely Cali for a sushi thing if we don't go there for dinner). Good thing we can yap about anything in this thread isn't it? :blush:

Deb..I would be with Dh (Matt) and DS (William 13 by then Yikes!)

disneydrmr
03-21-2008, 11:53 AM
POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & ?
MIKKI & ANDREW

Who else? I've not met Pogo, Patti, Natalie, Carol and Gilles. I would LOVE to meet EVERYONE!!

:sob::fit::sob: Not me... will I EVER get to meet any of you?

pogo
03-21-2008, 11:54 AM
I am dying to go! I asked Amy today is she would be OK with a 3 or 4 day trip, she said absolutely NOT! Now Dustin's bro and sis are not going- I figured I could spring for a 3 night stay at POFQ for the 3 ir 4 if us - but I can't be off work more than 3 days.
POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & ?
MIKKI & ANDREW

I'm not sure but I think Mauimouse too ! Maybe Ken and Mary, and tutu boy Alex, and Maria ? :confused:

Is Jerry coming ?

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM

Diane, I really would love to meet you too!
Are you possibly going?
I know Rhonda is possibly going.
How about Ken, Scott, Jasper, Page and Alex?
And anyone else of my home buddies? :D
I am trying to go, too.

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm not sure but I think Mauimouse too ! Maybe Ken and Mary, and tutu boy Alex, and Maria ? :confused:

Is Jerry coming ?

It depends if he uses up all his vacation in fishing tourneys....:D and if Gage is coming with me.

Did you know Gage got his first fishing pole?

pogo
03-21-2008, 12:01 PM
:sob::fit::sob: Not me... will I EVER get to meet any of you?Sure...... you can drive up here to the North coast any time. Do you need directions ?? :D

pogo
03-21-2008, 12:02 PM
It depends if he uses up all his vacation in fishing tourneys....:D and if Gage is coming with me.

Did you know Gage got his first fishing pole?
How cute......... got pictures ??? :confused:

Tell Jerry, if he comes, I will bring him something special that I know he will use ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2008, 12:05 PM
First and foremost.... TErrific news Ellen!!! More :pixie: and :hug: to keep this pace!!

It could also be Paris, Texas....or Paris, Ontario

:sob::fit::sob: Not me... will I EVER get to meet any of you?We won't be going either Di. I just can't swing it this year ... :( . We wont be back to WDW until July of 2009. If we have any short trips between now and then, it will be to New York -- Probably this time next year. Maybe everyone can meet at the Plaza for a drink next April? :D

Have a great weekend everyone! We have today off, so I'm doing house stuff. Harry is going to his friends for dinner and the night later on -- our foursome will become a threesome. We have no other plans for the weekend. Our parents are all away, and my sister's family is not well, and Brian's brother has yet to invite us for a glass of water let alone a holiday meal -- so we are laying low!

I hope you all find many many eggs!

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
How cute......... got pictures ??? :confused:

Tell Jerry, if he comes, I will bring him something special that I know he will use ! :D

I have pictures,but you all know I am a techno idiot and don't post pictures on Intercot. I'll try to send you one by Verizon... OK? This afternoon after Amy gets home and does it for me. :blush:

MauiMouse
03-21-2008, 12:20 PM
POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & ?
MIKKI & ANDREW

I'll be there with friends from Dec 10 - 13, 2008. We are doing the Deluxe Dining Plan since we got 30% off our room due to the mailer. We are staying at Pop Century.

Is Jerry coming ?

Yup, I am coming. I told my friends that I have to meet up with the group for a while, so they are all in the know. We are going to be doing the Christmas Party on the 11th, maybe we could all meet up then? What everyone thinks is fine with me. I'm a go with flow kind of gal in regards to meets.

If I could get some pixie dust for tonight that would be most appreciated. We are leaving for Detroit in about an hour, our flight doesn't leave until 9:30 but they are predicting a lot of snow in Detroit tonight. We actually have a room booked at the Airport just incase we don't get out. But I so want to be in Florida tonight. I know it's not a major deal but anything would help.

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 12:29 PM

What to do you mean "possibly"?

disneydrmr
03-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Are you possibly going?
And anyone else of my home buddies? :D
I am trying to go, too.

No, not even a possibly.. And I know Scott ain't gonna be going cause he and his family will be going in June to celebrate his 20th Wedding Anniversary...

Sure...... you can drive up here to the North coast any time. Do you need directions ?? :D

Directions... no. Gas money... yes!

...or Paris, Ontario

Have a great weekend everyone! We have today off, so I'm doing house stuff. Harry is going to his friends for dinner and the night later on -- our foursome will become a threesome. We have no other plans for the weekend. Our parents are all away, and my sister's family is not well, and Brian's brother has yet to invite us for a glass of water let alone a holiday meal -- so we are laying low!

Or Paris,Kentucky!

Have a great weekend yourself! You can come to my house for Easter if you like. I'll feed you much more than just a glass of water! Whatcha say?

If I could get some pixie dust for tonight that would be most appreciated. We are leaving for Detroit in about an hour, our flight doesn't leave until 9:30 but they are predicting a lot of snow in Detroit tonight. We actually have a room booked at the Airport just incase we don't get out. But I so want to be in Florida tonight. I know it's not a major deal but anything would help.

Pixie dust and good thoughts headed your way! Do you need a high powered fan to blow the snow storm a different direction? I'm positive Drummerboy's Discount Super Duper High Powered Fans can set you up with a real good deal!

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Now...

am dying to go!

POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & MAT & WILLIAM
RHONDA & EARFORCE 1
MIKKI & ANDREW
MARY & ?

Will you cut and paste as you know who is going for sure?

ok, I needed a question

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 12:47 PM
:pixie: to Mary for a safe flight to Florida tonight!

Can we also post dates of when people will be there?

POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16)
MIKKI & ANDREW
MARY & Friends (December 10-13)

Jared was hoping to get to come too, but I'm thinking he said it might be the 14th before he would arrive.

What should I have for lunch?

Jasper
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
Who's side are you on, costume boy ?????

Didn't you know, I am a charter member of EOTM? What is EOTM you ask? Glad you asked, EOTM is Equal Opportunity Trouble Makers!

We have had Bill Clinton working on drafting charter papers for us but he keeps getting better offers and so isn't getting much work done on it!!

offwego
03-21-2008, 12:54 PM
:pixie: to Mary for a safe flight to Florida tonight!

Can we also post dates of when people will be there?

POGO & PATTI
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-13th)
MIKKI & ANDREW

Jared was hoping to get to come too, but I'm thinking he said it might be the 14th before he would arrive.

What should I have for lunch?

Eggs? I updated our dates as well..but they are still a little tentative..the 11th is also the date we are thinking for the MVMCP.

And more good luck for you Mary as well!

Jasper
03-21-2008, 01:01 PM

Sorry I have been slow in catching up but this is just the greatest news!! Have you been doing anything to celebrate?

drummerboy
03-21-2008, 01:08 PM
We're still iffy, but if we get to go, we'll start on the Tuesday or Wednesday before the 14th and start back home the Tuesday or Wednesday after the 14th. We'd be staying in FW (Would you expect us to take anything but the RV?).
The iffy part depends on sale of the house, progress on building the new house, and whether the local real estate market picks up so we can do more closings at the office.

Ellen,great news. Sounds like most everyone else is on the mend too, but looks like we need to keep an eye on Jasper. Jasper, if you had kidney stones, I really feel for you--had one pass last year about this time.

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Or Paris,Kentucky?

or Paris, Tennessee?:D

Pogo,
Did you get it? :D

Jasper
03-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Ellen,great news. Sounds like most everyone else is on the mend too, but looks like we need to keep an eye on Jasper. Jasper, if you had kidney stones, I really feel for you--had one pass last year about this time.

Thanks to all of you for your concern it really is appreciated. As I have said before it is at the point where it feels like what else can happen? If you wrote a script for a soap opera it would seem more realistic than the bull that has been going on with me!

Sorry for missing the post where it was first mentioned but when in December were you all planning on getting together? My wife is determined that one way or another we are going to get to Disney World and have been seriously talking about the week before Thanksgiving or sometime in December. So, it just may work out for us to be there when y'all plan on getting together. My wife has made it clear that she and our youngest child will be going even if I can't.

Nascfan
03-21-2008, 01:31 PM
Jasper, you remain in my prayers and I'm sending truckloads of :pixie: for your health. I hope everything works out and as quickly as possible for you.

Definitely not us going in December, but we are only 84 days away from our June trip! Isn't that exciting? :mickey:

offwego
03-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Jasper, looking back a page it looks like most are thinking of between the 6th at the earliest and the 16th as the latest but lots of folks have not chimed in yet.

It would be neat if you could make it. Do you all suppose Ellen and Ben are off celebrating? I know I sure would be. Pogo I still haven't figured out the wedge thing you were getting at but saw some lovely cocktail dresses on line for our trip in December. (I'm not the only one who takes dresses for the nice restaurants am I?)

Jasper
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM
Jasper, looking back a page it looks like most are thinking of between the 6th at the earliest and the 16th as the latest but lots of folks have not chimed in yet.

It would be neat if you could make it. Do you all suppose Ellen and Ben are off celebrating? I know I sure would be. Pogo I still haven't figured out the wedge thing you were getting at but saw some lovely cocktail dresses on line for our trip in December. (I'm not the only one who takes dresses for the nice restaurants am I?)

Thanks, I saw those posts but thought I had missed some "official" pronouncement of a date. I thought about taking some dresses for the nice restaurants but I don't think my wife would appreciate that!

So how does anyone keep up with the latest in women's shoe fashions? I see them and hear people describe them as all kinds of different styles but they all look the same to me. Is this some kind of genetic thing that separates men from women?

offwego
03-21-2008, 02:32 PM
So how does anyone keep up with the latest in women's shoe fashions? I see them and hear people describe them as all kinds of different styles but they all look the same to me. Is this some kind of genetic thing that separates men from women?
Not sure if it's gentic but I highly doubt you suscribe to a lot of fashion magazines do you?

I subsribe to a couple of magazines that talk about it and buy Glamour and a few others for spring and fall (ie not each month but a few a year) plus watch shows on it. While I'd say being ultra fashionable isn't required in my job looking "current and professional" is and shoes and handbags are a part of that look. Plus buying classic suits (as opposed to say a lime green suit) with a fashion trendy blouse and shoes is cheaper then trendy suits and classic shoes. If it makes you feel better Jasper my mom couldn't tell you on a bet what was in. (My godmother however would put me to shame!)

drummerboy
03-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Pogo I still haven't figured out the wedge thing you were getting at but saw some lovely cocktail dresses on line for our trip in December. (I'm not the only one who takes dresses for the nice restaurants am I?)
Think sand wedge, Nat. And no, not beach sandals. :golf: (Not a peanut butter and jelly sandwedge either.)

Anybody want to join the band? We're starting the show again tonight through Sunday, then one more time next weekend.

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 02:45 PM
I found a few more date ranges by checking out signatures:

POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES
MIKKI & ANDREW (November 19 - December 15)

In response to someone's question earlier, I am at work today. Bet you couldn't tell though, could you? :blush:

offwego
03-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Think sand wedge, Nat. And no, not beach sandals. :golf: (Not a peanut butter and jelly sandwedge either.)

Anybody want to join the band? We're starting the show again tonight through Sunday, then one more time next weekend.

Oh that kinda wedge..I have one of those too. And a pitching wedge one too. And how come my dear golfing friends here never told me about golf sandals? I have got to get me a pair of those this year! Drat I almost forgot that season was coming. I need more golf shirts too. Blech.

Jasper
03-21-2008, 03:09 PM
TAnybody want to join the band? We're starting the show again tonight through Sunday, then one more time next weekend.

Sure, can you use a tuba player :tuba:who hasn't picked up the instrument for more than 25 years and who wasn't really that good to begin with?

In response to someone's question earlier, I am at work today. Bet you couldn't tell though, could you? :blush:

Sure we can tell you are at work (wink-wink, nudge-nudge.) I am at work as well but other than sending Easter Bunnies :bunny::bunny:out by the truck load it is pretty quiet around here today!

drummerboy
03-21-2008, 03:58 PM
Sure, can you use a tuba player :tuba:who hasn't picked up the instrument for more than 25 years and who wasn't really that good to begin with?
Why not? We could use you for the oompah band especially. Can you come down Monday week to practice?

Caroleh
03-21-2008, 04:08 PM

I'm thinking that since we go with DDA, we've ended up in Paris, Ontario. That would explain why I'm cold!!!

Is he excited because he'll get to meet the world famous Caroleh and see her belly dance at Morocco ?? :confused:

Are we going to have fun or what ? :D

Does this mean I have to bring my belly dance outfit? I guess I really better start practicing!!

We are going to have a blast!!!

POGO & PATTI (December 11-17) POFQ
ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN
CAROL & GILLES (December 10-15) POFQ

I've added our dates to the list. I've also added where we're planning to stay(I've also added Pogo, since I know we're planning to stay at the same place)

Anyone have any ideas where to meet? Should we check into a grand gathering some place?

Jasper
03-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Why not? We could use you for the oompah band especially. Can you come down Monday week to practice?

Sure what time should I be there. Oh and do you provide believable excuses for where I will be spending my time?

sorarail
03-21-2008, 05:11 PM
Are you possibly going?
And anyone else of my home buddies?
I am trying to go, too.

DH and I are going to WDW in November for our 25th wedding anniversary, so we won't be able to be there for the meet up in Dec. :(

I hope you do, too! :egg::egg: DH and I like laying low.

Didn't you know, I am a charter member of EOTM? What is EOTM you ask? Glad you asked, EOTM is Equal Opportunity Trouble Makers!

We have had Bill Clinton working on drafting charter papers for us but he keeps getting better offers and so isn't getting much work done on it!!

May I be a new member of EOTM? Please, Please, Please???? :yay:

or Paris, Tennessee?:

I've been there! What a metropolis....:sleepin:

Pogo I still haven't figured out the wedge thing you were getting at but saw some lovely cocktail dresses on line for our trip in December. (I'm not the only one who takes dresses for the nice restaurants am I?)

Are you dress shopping for Pogo????
(Nat, I clean up for the nice restaurants, too.)

Think sand wedge, Nat. And no, not beach sandals. (Not a peanut butter and jelly sandwedge either.)

I was thinking more in the line of locker room wedgies.:blush:

What kind of band? May I be a groupie?:shades:

I was successful! All of my domestic duties are completed. I now get to play for the rest of the weekend. Yippeee!!!!

Is anyone fixing anything unusual for Easter dinner? I'm fixing salsa baked pork chops. Can't get much more traditional than that, can you?:D

Mickey'sGirl
03-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Is anyone fixing anything unusual for Easter dinner? I'm fixing salsa baked pork chops. Can't get much more traditional than that, can you?:DI haven't got a clue what we're having yet..... I think our siblings are waiting on me to get it all together .... but my sister and I decided that we collectively wont be organizing anything. I am seriously considering chinese food!

We went out and bought some Easter chocolates just now ..... $47! It had better come with some kinda jewels! What's for dinner tonight? We're having curry.

MissStyles
03-21-2008, 05:56 PM

Going to the mall and looking at people's feet helps. You should try it sometime! :)

Intercotting is work, right? Do you ever use the term intercotting in real life? I'm intercotting right now. :blush:

Is anyone fixing anything unusual for Easter dinner? I'm fixing salsa baked pork chops. Can't get much more traditional than that, can you?:D

We're laying low as well. We don't have any family here so we started our own tradition last year - making pizza. We're having a hawaiian :papple: and one with roasted butternut squash/zucchini, thyme, sage, olive oil, goat cheese, parmesan and black pepper!!! :tasty:

We went out and bought some Easter chocolates just now ..... $47! It had better come with some kinda jewels! What's for dinner tonight? We're having curry.

...or a 14K gold wrapper!!!

Dinner tonight = peanut noodles with veggies and grilled chicken.

Everyone having a fun evening? It feels like it's way later than it really is...

Caroleh
03-21-2008, 06:32 PM
What's for dinner tonight?

I hoping I can convince Gilles to get some PAd Thai delivered from one of our new lists of places that deliver. We tried their food back and the 7th during the snow storm and they were extremely busy, so I think we might use them again!!

Does anyone want to work for me tomorrow?

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Tonight's dinner started out to be grilled chicken and ended as bar-b-qued chicken, corn-on-the -cob, fried potatoes and baked beans. Yum! Who's counting carbs?

pogo
03-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Pogo,
Did you get it?
Yep ! How cute ! I can see why your so proud of that young man. Was that his Daddy with him ?? :confused:

I think Friday (12/12) and Saturday (12/13) were the days under consideration for the meet ! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Tonight's dinner started out to be grilled chicken and ended as bar-b-qued chicken, corn-on-the -cob, fried potatoes and baked beans. Yum! Who's counting carbs?
That sounds mighty good. :D

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 09:10 PM
For dinner, I had a turkey melt with sweet potato chips and hubby had a cheddar and honey pepper bacon burger with chips.

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and picked up a very small ham, some sweet potatoes and some rolls for Easter dinner. We decided we'd eat lunch first and then go visit SiL and my Dad. They moved SiL out of the regular hospital yesterday and into a therapy type hospital.

Tomorrow, I think we're going to do some yardwork. Anyone want to come help?

Nascfan
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM

Tomorrow, I think we're going to do some yardwork. Anyone want to come help?

I'd LOVE to help! I'd much rather do yardwork with you than shovel the 6+ inches of snow we're getting right now. Will you come help me shovel first?

Beast_fanatic
03-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Wouldn't it be better to do my yardwork first? That way, it wouldn't be too hot while we worked here, and it could warm up a bit at your place before we shoveled. :D

disneydeb
03-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Yep ! How cute ! I can see why your so proud of that young man. Was that his Daddy with him ?? :confused:

I think Friday (12/12) and Saturday (12/13) were the days under consideration for the meet ! Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. :D

That sounds mighty good. :D

Thanks! Yes, that was his daddy at their house. My dd (his mom) took the picture and sent me originally.

Dustin and Amy are sitting here with me now. We are talking abut the December Disney trip. Jerry is even saying "maybe":thumbsup: We'll just have to wait and see how our economy pans out for a few more months. Did you find Jerry's picture on the PBF site? He is the one in the red hat.

Dsnygirl
03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Good grief!! For days, we could barely get a page done a day... now today -- almost 4 pages?? It took me forever to catch up!! What a yakky bunch you all are!! :blush:

Thank you all so much for the renewed pixie dust. This morning I realized that the new number was actually from the test they made right before my third dose, so it was actually the result of only two weeks. So needless to say, I'm feeling quite blessed and thankful (for the everything!) but particularly for good friends, spring and a great medical team.

Ellen, that is SO great... what a wonderful thing to discover. I'm so thrilled things are so positive -- and with all the pixie dust coming your way from this crew, I'll bet it's gonna get even better!! :hug:

Good luck with finding shoes, Blythe!!
Thanks!! It must have worked... found a pair she adores at Sears, on sale for $15!! :thumbsup:

Jasper, how scary -- I sure hope you're feeling better as each day goes by!!

That won't be necessary. But do me a favor ? Ask Scott, Alex, Dan, or maybe even Matt what I mean !
Ummm... I knew, too -- I seem to be learning an awful lot from my golf-missing husband!! We talk sand wedges, clubs, grips, shoes, loft angles and pitching wedges all the time... pretty scarey!! (okay, he talks, I listen... ask a few questions...)

Mary, even though you've already (hopefully) taken off -- sending pixie dust your way for a safe trip!! My BiL and SiL left Detroit area today for our rendezvous in Buffalo! (But they drove....)

ELLEN & BEN
BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14)
CAROL & GILLES

Added our dates, etc., to the list... if they change, you guys will be the first to hear of it!! (probably b/c I'll be :fit:)

And how come my dear golfing friends here never told me about golf sandals? I have got to get me a pair of those this year! Drat I almost forgot that season was coming. I need more golf shirts too. Blech.
Because they're not all that practical, from what I hear.... I need new shirts, too -- and some new shoes... gonna hit the sales around Memorial Day!! Yeah! (sorry, no blech from me... I'm actually looking forward to playing a little more than last year...)

Me -- have been for about 5 weeks now. Getting tired of it, but I've lost a fair amount, so I'm not quitting, even for all those yummy Peeps and chocolate bunnies! I'll have a few -- but not nearly as many as I would stuff - I mean politely put - in my mouth!! :blush:

Well, I'm signing off until after Easter, as we leave for Buffalo early in the morning. I hope you all have a blessed holiday and find lots of eggs and baskets and Peeps and chocolate :bunny:!! We'll be coloring eggs :egg: and having our Easter dinner at Dan's mom's house tomorrow night... then church Sunday with everyone, a yummy brunch and then back home. (after the prerequisite egg & basket hunt, of course!! :ebasket:

Have a WONDERFUL weekend, everyone!!

pogo
03-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks! Yes, that was his daddy at their house. My dd (his mom) took the picture and sent me originally.

Dustin and Amy are sitting here with me now. We are talking abut the December Disney trip. Jerry is even saying "maybe":thumbsup: We'll just have to wait and see how our economy pans out for a few more months. Did you find Jerry's picture on the PBF site? He is the one in the red hat.
Yes I did.... he's the old coot with the grey beard holding a nice LMB (or is it s spotted bass ?) and a very nice SMB, right ? I can't wait to meet the man ! Oh.... and you too ! :hug:

Well, I'm signing off until after Easter, as we leave for Buffalo early in the morning. I hope you all have a blessed holiday and find lots of eggs and baskets and Peeps and chocolate :bunny:!! We'll be coloring eggs :egg: and having our Easter dinner at Dan's mom's house tomorrow night... then church Sunday with everyone, a yummy brunch and then back home. (after the prerequisite egg & basket hunt, of course!! :ebasket:

Have a WONDERFUL weekend, everyone!!
I hope your time in Buffalo is wonderful. Drive safe and tell everyone we said Happy Easter. Give the girls a :hug: from us. :D

Tink&Goofy
03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Ever notice how Columbia almost always has the highest temperatures in the summer?

T&G, Myrtle Beach is pretty well known on the East Coast. It's in the far Northeastern part of South Carolina, just south of my NC county. Among other things, it's known as a golf mecca. They're about to open a Hard Rock theme park this summer.
Yep, I DID know it was on the BEACH, and I knew it was known for golf, even though I don't play. I would assume that Columbia is no where near Myrtle Beach?? Looks like it will likely be the end of April/beginning of May.

Or, believe it or not, Paris, Oregon? (Never been there, but apparently it exists.)

Good question. I think either Blythe, Natalie, Ellen or Mikki is in charge. Can someone answer this ??? :D
Typical man - leave the meal planning to the women...:D

Don't feel bad Di, doesn't look I will make it either!

I'll be there with friends from Dec 10 - 13, 2008.
Hey, wait a minute. You're going now AND again in December?? Thats not fair!!

So here I sit on the computer, when I have to "start" my packing. But hey, I have my lists!! I have my list of lists! And I have my stacks of things that need to go somewhere!! Anyone want to throw that load of laundry in the dryer and get another one started in the wash?

The Dr. said DDs ear is NOT infected - however he says it may be problems flying - so he wants her to use Afrin the night before we leave, and again in the morning. He thinks that should clear her up enough to be comfortable. Everyone else is healthy for the most part (knock on wood!).

So tomorrow is a busy day. Hoping to get the youngest to a local Easter egg hunt, since we won't be doing any hunting on Sunday morning. I'll check in tomorrow, but for any that I miss, Easter blessings!!

ElenitaB
03-22-2008, 01:16 AM
So should I call and find out what the requisites are for a Grand Gathering?

ELLEN & BEN & Jared (Dec 11 to 15) - WL or OKW
BETHANY
CAROL & GILLES

We won't be going either Di. I just can't swing it this year ... :( . We wont be back to WDW until July of 2009. If we have any short trips between now and then, it will be to New York -- Probably this time next year. Maybe everyone can meet at the Plaza for a drink next April? :D
Is that April 08 or April 09??? I'll join you at the Plaza for tea... you can always order a cocktail. :marg:

Hope your plane got out okay.

Sorry I have been slow in catching up but this is just the greatest news!! Have you been doing anything to celebrate?
Lots and lots of smiling.

Thanks to all of you for your concern it really is appreciated. As I have said before it is at the point where it feels like what else can happen? If you wrote a script for a soap opera it would seem more realistic than the bull that has been going on with me!
Jasper, we can combine your "stuff" with my "stuff" (y'all have no idea what I've been through since the DH passed away last June), and a soap opera would be far more believable.

I actually worked 14 hours today, and have a truckload of work to do tomorrow as well. And sometime in there I have to find some important papers or I just might end up without an apartment. :( And I do need to buy groceries or we're going to end up having Easter dinner at McDonalds or a diner.

Who wants pancakes in the morning? I'll even make you Mickey pancakes. :mickey:

Dsnygirl
03-22-2008, 06:54 AM
:sleepin: Coffee??? Anybody????? (literally... we're all out, guess we'll be stopping at DD on the way :blush:.... making do w/ Irish bkfst tea, which I love.... but need more caffeine!! )

I hope your time in Buffalo is wonderful. Drive safe and tell everyone we said Happy Easter. Give the girls a :hug: from us.
Thanks!! Hugs will be given when the little ones get up....

Hope things go well on your flight tomorrow, Cindy -- have a great trip, and hug a mouse for us, okay??? :D

Who wants pancakes in the morning? I'll even make you Mickey pancakes.
:here: Could you send someone to bring them to me on the Thruway?? THANKS!! You're the best....

Have a great weekend, folks - hugs to all!!

Caroleh
03-22-2008, 07:55 AM
Good morning, everyone!!

Blythe have a wonderful and safe trip!!

I've readded my dates:

BETHANY
CAROL & GILLES (Dec. 10-15) POFQ

:secret:..the scrapbook studio id looking great!!!

Cindy, could you give the Mouse a big hug from me? Have a safe wand magical trip.

disneydeb
03-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Yes I did.... he's the old coot with the grey beard holding a nice LMB (or is it s spotted bass ?) and a very nice SMB, right ? I can't wait to meet the man ! Oh.... and you too ! :hug:[Quote]

Here they are known as simply Big Mouth Bass.:D

Hey, wait a minute. You're going now AND again in December?? Thats not fair!!

So here I sit on the computer, when I have to "start" my packing. But hey, I have my lists!! I have my list of lists! And I have my stacks of things that need to go somewhere!! Anyone want to throw that load of laundry in the dryer and get another one started in the wash?

The Dr. said DDs ear is NOT infected - however he says it may be problems flying - so he wants her to use Afrin the night before we leave, and again in the morning. He thinks that should clear her up enough to be comfortable. Everyone else is healthy for the most part (knock on wood!).

So tomorrow is a busy day. Hoping to get the youngest to a local Easter egg hunt, since we won't be doing any hunting on Sunday morning. I'll check in tomorrow, but for any that I miss, Easter blessings!!

Have a wonderful trip and a Happy Easter - Give the girls a hug for me!

[QUOTE=Caroleh;1582062]Good morning, everyone!!

Blythe have a wonderful and safe trip!!

I've readded my dates:

POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)POFQ
BETHANY

:secret:..the scrapbook studio id looking great!!!
[QUOTE]
Carol , id your nose a little stuffy? :D

Huge HUGS to all!

Blythe have a great trip and HUGS for your girls!

Ellen, I haven't quit doing my happy dance in celebration of your great news! Good luck in finding those important papers!

Happy Easter to all!

Rhonda , Blythe, and Natalie - Do you want to add where you will be staying to your datesfor the December trip?

offwego
03-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Deb..my where is still unplanned.
ASM looks like the first chunk with the last two days at WL (we think).

What we are trying to do is stay where Ben & Ellen are so the guys can swim (if the weather works for that) or just hang out arcade etc. (you know 13 year old guy stuff). So until Ellen knows I really don't know.

We may change the value part if a real good deal comes out but I'm pretty sure that's our plan. I do know that William won't do POFQ. He's still bummed about the pink pool not looking like the video's. (they add in all these ballons and stuff to make it look better then it is). Sometimes you just have to listen to them don't you?

ElenitaB
03-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Bon jour, y'all! Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday. Crazy as it sounds, my little weather bug shows SNOW for today here in the NY Metro area. Blech! But Kissimee shows 64 and raining. I'll take that instead!

So how are you all doing today??? Ready for the imminent arrival of the Easter Bunny?

I've got some major scrapbooking to do today (actually a tribute book I'm doing for work), I need to unearth an important file before I lose my apartment, and clean up some around here. Laundry would be nice as well.

Later, gators!

MauiMouse
03-22-2008, 12:21 PM
Bon jour, y'all! Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday. Crazy as it sounds, my little weather bug shows SNOW for today here in the NY Metro area. Blech! But Kissimee shows 64 and raining. I'll take that instead!

So far no rain here just to the east of SeaWorld. It's trying to clear up, but mostly cloudy.

We made it! :D Can't believe we got out of Detroit last night. When we got down there at 3pm no snow at all, then it came and it came big time. When we left the hotel at 7pm (in case we got snowed in) we had 5 inches of that white stuff on the ground. We left late, had to de-ice and all that fun stuff that happens in the winter weather. Got here to the hotel at 2:30am.

Beautiful hotel if anyone is ever interested. I can see Spaceship Earth, the Contemporary and Space Mountain way off in the distance.

Have a great Easter and enjoy family and friends. :mickey:

See you Monday Tink & Goofy! :mickey:

Okay where is my question? It's got to be there somewhere.

Natazu
03-22-2008, 12:52 PM
:sleepin: Coffee??? Anybody????? (literally... we're all out, guess we'll be stopping at DD on the way :blush:.... making do w/ Irish bkfst tea
Irish breakfast tea, isn't that Jameson's 12yr old?

OK, December... If Rachel is feeling up to it and the inlaws will come to babysit, we'll come down for a few days. Don't add us to the list yet.

Blythe, how long before you can just leave 'em alone... like 2 or 3 right?

ElenitaB
03-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh. Mary... I'm so glad you made it down! It would have not been fun to spend the night at the airport... the Detroit airport that is. ;) I've heard very nice things about the JW Marrriot (my company has taken to having meetings there).

Cindy, you fly out tomorrow, right? We'll be thinking smooth flight thoughts for you.

The rest of us homebodies will just have to make ourselves happy by PLANNING our December trip. Who's up for a fireworks cruise? Grand gathering events? Afternoon tea? Golfing? Visiting the various and sundry lounges? Hmmmmmmm?

Tink&Goofy
03-22-2008, 01:39 PM
We made it! :D Can't believe we got out of Detroit last night. When we got down there at 3pm no snow at all, then it came and it came big time. When we left the hotel at 7pm (in case we got snowed in) we had 5 inches of that white stuff on the ground. We left late, had to de-ice and all that fun stuff that happens in the winter weather. Got here to the hotel at 2:30am.

See you Monday Tink & Goofy! :mickey:

So glad you made it!! I was really worried with all the snow reports!! Hopefully the weather in the south will be warm, sunny, and beautiful! See you Monday!

:funny::rotfl: OMG, I need some major monitor cleaner after that! The kids want to know whats so funny! First time parents...ya gotta love 'em. :D

Cindy, you fly out tomorrow, right? We'll be thinking smooth flight thoughts for you.

Yep - first thing in the morning! I checked in on line this morning. However, on the short jaunt to Seattle, they won't let me get seat assignments until we get to the airport. :mad: So we may all be split up on that short 40 minute flight. I already have seats together on the long haul to Orlando. With good weather, good luck and hopefully a good pilot, we will get into Orlando at 5:12pm. Dinner at Boma's at 8:20!

Took DD to the Easter egg hunt this morning. It was FREEZING! It was mid-30's, but the wind was just frigid! DD is adamant that her fingers have frost-bite. :D Its funny how much better they felt when they were opening up those eggs! (Although I will admit, the little thing of playdough she got was frozen when she opened it!)

Can someone tell the Easter bunny where we will be?

pogo
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Glad you made it safe and sound. Would you do me a favor please ???? Eat a :bar: for me ?

OK, December... If Rachel is feeling up to it and the inlaws will come to babysit, we'll come down for a few days. Don't add us to the list yet.
And can you explain why you can't bring the baby with you ??? :confused:

The rest of us homebodies will just have to make ourselves happy by PLANNING our December trip. Who's up for a fireworks cruise? Grand gathering events? Afternoon tea? Golfing? Visiting the various and sundry lounges? Hmmmmmmm?I'd prefer something like a lunch or dinner thing for Friday, December 12 for everyone. What do you have in mind ?? :confused:

first thing in the morning! I checked in on line this morning. However, on the short jaunt to Seattle, they won't let me get seat assignments until we get to the airport. :mad: So we may all be split up on that short 40 minute flight. I already have seats together on the long haul to Orlando. With good weather, good luck and hopefully a good pilot, we will get into Orlando at 5:12pm. Dinner at Boma's at 8:20!

Can someone tell the Easter bunny where we will be?
Safe flight, T&G and please have your DD5 eat a :bar: for me.

The Easter Bunny has been alerted and I'm sure he'll find you. :D

Nascfan
03-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Glad Mary made it out before the snow hit.

Cindy, have a great time!

The Easter Bunny better be a snowshoe bunny here. We got about 7 inches last night. Sigh.:snowball:

But, we're at 83 days! I can't wait for the warmth and Florida sunshine.

Who's got the cookies?

Natazu
03-22-2008, 02:45 PM
And can you explain why you can't bring the baby with you ??? :confused:
Oh, I was unclear. The baby and the in-laws would be coming with us. I just don't want to take the baby lounge-hopping. Capisca?

MauiMouse
03-22-2008, 04:28 PM
So glad you made it!! I was really worried with all the snow reports!! Hopefully the weather in the south will be warm, sunny, and beautiful! See you Monday!

Most definitely. Safe flights and I'll give you a :call:.

Glad you made it safe and sound. Would you do me a favor please ???? Eat a :bar: for me ?

Will do, today is just a relax day with no Disney for me. Tomorrow I get the rental car and then I'll off to where? Walt Disney World of course, to get my AP and see those beautiful flowers at Epcot. Can't wait.

Glad Mary made it out before the snow hit.

Thanks Scott.

offwego
03-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Pogo have you ever looked at some of the grand gathering things? We have way enough people to call it one and some of them are very fun. I'd wait till you see some of those options before you decide on a plain old dinner!

Dinner could possibly work but if I'm counting right that's getting to be a huge number isn't it?

Sides didn't you nominate us ladies to plan? You can't assign a job and then take it away before we have a chance to present our options to you. Do you want it in powerpoint?

Mary so glad your flight worked out.

trackbarroness
03-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Did you all forget to wake me on landing?
I've been stuck on the RV since landing.
What's been happening? :cool:

drummerboy
03-22-2008, 05:35 PM
We made it! :D

Yay!! Have a great time. Can't you just kind of hang out until December so the rest of us can join you?

I'd prefer something like a lunch or dinner thing for Friday, December 12 for everyone. What do you have in mind ??
Hey everybody, I think Pogo just said he's springing for dinner on the 12th for everybody. What a guy! :D

Hope everyone's Easter is going well. Put some boots and mittens out for the bunny if needed.

pogo
03-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Oh, I was unclear. The baby and the in-laws would be coming with us. I just don't want to take the baby lounge-hopping. Capisca?
OK... I get it now. :blush: How's Rachel and little pogo doing ??? :D

Will do, today is just a relax day with no Disney for me. Tomorrow I get the rental car and then I'll off to where? Walt Disney World of course, to get my AP and see those beautiful flowers at Epcot. Can't wait.
Have fun ! :D

Pogo have you ever looked at some of the grand gathering things? We have way enough people to call it one and some of them are very fun. I'd wait till you see some of those options before you decide on a plain old dinner!

Dinner could possibly work but if I'm counting right that's getting to be a huge number isn't it?

Sides didn't you nominate us ladies to plan? You can't assign a job and then take it away before we have a chance to present our options to you. Do you want it in powerpoint?

Mary so glad your flight worked out.
OK.... I'll be quiet. :secret: You guys plan and let me know who, what, why and where ! :D

Did you all forget to wake me on landing?
I've been stuck on the RV since landing.
What's been happening?
You are being invaded by people from the north. Two Intercotee's there now and another on the way ! If I was you, I'd hide ! :D

MauiMouse
03-22-2008, 05:50 PM
Yay!! Have a great time. Can't you just kind of hang out until December so the rest of us can join you?

That sounds like a grand plan. :thumbsup: Are you paying for me to stay until then?

You are being invaded by people from the north. Two Intercotee's there now and another on the way ! If I was you, I'd hide ! :D
Yup, we are here and we will invade very shortly! :D

Beast_fanatic
03-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Rhonda , Blythe, and Natalie - Do you want to add where you will be staying to your datesfor the December trip?

I'd be happy to! Do you know where we're staying? Because that would be a huge help, if someone would let me know. ;)

Glad you arrived safe and sound (even though it was quite late). :thumbsup:

Natazu
03-22-2008, 08:17 PM
OK... I get it now. :blush: How's Rachel and little pogo doing ??? :D
Actually, it's little Alex. Scary huh?
Rachel's doing fine. The 20wk ultrasound is Tuesday. We picked up the changing table today. The crib was to big to fit in the jeep or the cargo van so I have to find someone with a pickemup truck. Shouldn't be too hard around here.

sorarail
03-22-2008, 08:21 PM
I have to find someone with a pickemup truck. Shouldn't be too hard around here.

In east Tennessee??? :rotfl: The pickemup trucks around there all come with matching bass boats!

ElenitaB
03-22-2008, 08:52 PM
The crib was to big to fit in the jeep or the cargo van so I have to find someone with a pickemup truck. Shouldn't be too hard around here.
Please translate for us Yankees. What's a "pickemup truck"?

Caroleh
03-22-2008, 09:01 PM
Rachel's doing fine. The 20wk ultrasound is Tuesday. We picked up the changing table today. The crib was to big to fit in the jeep or the cargo van so I have to find someone with a pickemup truck. Shouldn't be too hard around here.

:shake: Jym, :shake: Jym, :shake: Jym Do you know what you've just done to Alex's head? Now we'll never hear the end of it...just like a possum!!!!;)

Are you telling me I need to get the sewing studio put together really soon?

If you guys are up to the trip in Dec., I'd love to meet you guys...plus you'll have to introduce your baby to all it's adopted aunts and uncles!!! Especially that Uncle Pogo...let him know where all the $$$ are at!!!:D

Ellen, pickemup truck is a pick-up.

Tink&Goofy
03-22-2008, 09:02 PM
Just a quick zoop in while a get a quick sit down break. What a crazy day! Just realized a short time ago that the youngest only had 4 pair of shorts that fit - soooo, off to the mall - and less than an hour later we return with 4 new short outfits, some socks, and a shirt for me. Not bad. The scary part? Not a single thing is in the suitcase yet (OK, except my "A" personality DD, who of course has had EVERYTHING ready to go for a week!
But I'm used to this pack at the last minute thing. Get to bed too late, get up waaaaay to early, and live in a fog all day!

So if I have a chance, I will stop by later, but its bound to be a crazy evening!
Easter blessing to all! :easter:

mouseaddict
03-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Hey all..I have been so busy for the last few days..I tried to catch up on the chatter but the words started to blur together!
Can I be added to the Dec. list? I would love to go down and meet all of you. If we can get a date together then I can hold my breath and try for DVC!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter..chocolate eggs for everyone!

Caroleh
03-22-2008, 09:15 PM
Just a quick zoop in while a get a quick sit down break. What a crazy day! Just realized a short time ago that the youngest only had 4 pair of shorts that fit - soooo, off to the mall - and less than an hour later we return with 4 new short outfits, some socks, and a shirt for me. Not bad. The scary part? Not a single thing is in the suitcase yet (OK, except my "A" personality DD, who of course has had EVERYTHING ready to go for a week!
But I'm used to this pack at the last minute thing. Get to bed too late, get up waaaaay to early, and live in a fog all day!

So if I have a chance, I will stop by later, but its bound to be a crazy evening!
Easter blessing to all! :easter:

Have a Hoppy Easter, T & G!!!! Have a great trip!!!

That goes for everyone else also..have a Hoppy Easter!!!!

Does everyone have great meals planned for tomorow, except for us?

We'd love to have you join us, Michelle!!!

offwego
03-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Have a Hoppy Easter, T & G!!!! Have a great trip!!!

That goes for everyone else also..have a Hoppy Easter!!!!

Does everyone have great meals planned for tomorow, except for us?

We'd love to have you join us, Michelle!!!

Does stew count? With apple pie?

I made ohana's bread pudding tonight complete with the banana's foster sauce..does anyone want some? I'm hiding on the computer now as the guys are watching I Am Legend..when we saw that in the theatre I told Matt he wouldn't be allowed to pick a theatre movie for 400 years. It's now down to about 100 but still! Yikes!

Rhonda, we are with you..except for the last weekend part I have no idea where to stay. (I know it will be value but other then that clueless). It's odd as we've always been so sure where to stay every other time and even have meals planned out.

Beast_fanatic
03-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Good luck with the packing, Cindy! And, have a magical :mickey: trip!

New list with Michelle added:

BETHANY
MICHELLE

Do you think it's going to rain?

offwego
03-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Now or in December?

Rhonda can you change my departure date out to the 14th for now? I mixed it up when I was doing it before...

disneydeb
03-22-2008, 09:41 PM
In east Tennessee??? :rotfl: The pickemup trucks around there all come with matching bass boats!

Oh Drat! I live in Middle Tennessee or I would VOLUNTEER
our pickemup truck and bass boat!:D

Who is expecting the Easter Bunny?

mouseaddict
03-22-2008, 09:46 PM
We had our Easter dinner today (my sister popped down from Montreal for a surprise visit and is leaving tomorrow at noon)
We made a glazed ham (red wine and maple syrup) scalloped potatoes, Mayport shrimp, boring old broccoli and I cheate and bought yeast rolls . Dessert was strawberry shortcake with "special" whipped cream (a little touch of rum!)
I am excited for December now...can we speed up the clock?

Beast_fanatic
03-22-2008, 09:51 PM
BETHANY
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-14th)
MICHELLE

All better?

pogo
03-22-2008, 10:28 PM

:faint:

In east Tennessee??? The pickemup trucks around there all come with matching bass boats!
And what's wrong with that ??? :blush:

If you guys are up to the trip in Dec., I'd love to meet you guys...plus you'll have to introduce your baby to all it's adopted aunts and uncles!!! Especially that Uncle Pogo...let him know where all the $$$ are at!!!
That would be Grandpa pogo.... not uncle. :D

Who is expecting the Easter Bunny?
I am.... I've got my 20 gauge loaded with #6 shot ! :D

:shake:
Please don't wish your life away. December will come soon enough. Enjoy and live each day as if it were your last and we'll party together in December. :D

BETHANY
MICHELLE

All better?

Looking good Rhonda.... looking good ! :D

offwego
03-22-2008, 10:40 PM
[QUOTE=pogo;1582641I am.... I've got my 20 gauge loaded with #6 shot ! [/QUOTE]

Your what loaded with what? I almost followed the pick up thing. (mighty popular here as well) But you lost me on this one Pogo.

Does anyone want some of that bread pudding? I'm not sure which six people it's supposed to feed...we have 3/4's left when we should have half. And we all had big bowls of it. (had a sandwich night with "rootin tootin ham sandwiches" from Williams Disney cookbook)

Does anyone else have the kid cookbook? It's really neat..we've made a bunch of stuff from it and William really enjoys it.

pogo
03-22-2008, 10:43 PM
Your what loaded with what? I almost followed the pick up thing. (mighty popular here as well) But you lost me on this one Pogo.

Does anyone else have the kid cookbook? It's really neat..we've made a bunch of stuff from it and William really enjoys it.

Does this cookbook have a recipe for rabbit stew ???????? :D

offwego
03-22-2008, 10:45 PM

nope..it does have some cookies though, smoothies, pancakes, pizza, tacos and some other stuff. No bunnies..

Did you really think kids would start to cook with an ingredient called rabbit in the list?

pogo
03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Did you really think kids would start to cook with an ingredient called rabbit in the list?
Sure....if they owned a 20 gauge, loaded with #6 shot. Get it yet ???? :D

offwego
03-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Sure....if they owned a 20 gauge, loaded with #6 shot. Get it yet ???? :D

no don't have one..won't be getting one. Canadian remember? We only have supermarkets and health care.

disneydeb
03-22-2008, 11:12 PM
Pogo, You are going to be sinlge handledly responsible for all the children in the world to not get their share of treats this year? Shamey on you!

pogo
03-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Pogo, You are going to be sinlge handledly responsible for all the children in the world to not get their share of treats this year? Shamey on you!
No silly...... don't you know the thing about rabbits ???? Where there's one there are another one hundred. Can't shoot them all ! :D

Going to bed folks..... getting up early to great the bunny.... have a blessed Easter.... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

disneydeb
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
Happy Easter to you all! Good night and God Bless.

Who willl be a sunrise service?

offwego
03-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Who willl be a sunrise service?

At one or be one?Nighty Nite to all of you as well...

Natazu
03-23-2008, 01:54 AM
What's with all the nighty-nite stuff? I just got up.

So, a comedian was doing a routine about this last week and then it happened to me. You ever come around a corner where there's a bum and you happen to be reaching into your pocket for something completely unrelated to him but he thinks your getting him some change so he holds his hand out and looks all appreciative? And I'm like "oh sorry dude, I just had my hand in my pocket to change the song I'm listening to on my $600 phone. Catcha on the rebound".

disneydeb
03-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Happy Easter!
That was one short night! I got up about a couple hours ago.... ham is in the oven, potatoes are ready to do in, so are the rolls. Corn is done just to be warmed, cake is done, eggs are dressed, green beans are in the crock pot and fruit salad is finished. I passed by the Easter Bunny as he ws placing filled baskets on the breakfast table awaiting to be discovered by those hungry for breakfast first thing in the morning. Have I left anything out?

OH, get ready for church and wake the others.....

See ya later

((((HUGS))))

Caroleh
03-23-2008, 10:01 AM

I don't have the kids one, but I do have 3 different Disney cookbooks.

That's the way to tell him, Deb, but somewhere in all that with Pogo, I have a feeling that Alex will be helping him, don't you?

ElenitaB
03-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Happy Easter!

:bunny: :easter: :bunny:

At least you weren't packing up your dirty laundry because you didn't have time to wash it first, like some people I know. :blush: Hope you guys have an awesome trip!

As you've already discovered, speeding up time is against the law around here! :nono:

If they've been properly trained at Whispering Canyon Cafe, they might be agreeable to a recipe using a certain wascally wabbit.

That's the way to tell him, Deb, but somewhere in all that with Pogo, I have a feeling that Alex will be helping him, don't you?
Carol, Alex would NOT be shooting poor innocent bunnies. He would be finding them hot pink tube tops to wear. ;)

Uh oh... I think a rabbit took my question down the rabbit hole! Where's Alice where you need her?

And now a word from our sponsor... No Peeps were harmed in the posting of this message.

BronxTigger
03-23-2008, 12:02 PM
Good luck with the packing, Cindy! And, have a magical :mickey: trip!

New list with Michelle added:

BETHANY
MICHELLE

Do you think it's going to rain?

I'm planning to fly down after work on the 11th and take that Friday off (I'm HOPING) and then fly out on the evening of Sunday the 14th.

If I can get that Friday (12th) off, I want to go to MVMCP that day. Who will come with me to the party?

I'm booked at All Star Sports. But, I might stay with Ellen at OKW or wherever she ends up. And I'm trying to convince Christine (cantgetenuff) to come along!

Happy Easter everybody!

offwego
03-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Happy easter all...No peeps here either.

Are we all in a candy coma?

ElenitaB
03-23-2008, 04:48 PM
No candy coma here. But panic is beginning to set in. I haven't done any major scrapbooking for a while and now I can't seem to find the cartridges for my Cricut (they might have gotten "put away" when the NY Times photographer came by :blush: ).

Anyone want to pray to St Anthony with me?

Caroleh
03-23-2008, 04:51 PM
At least you weren't packing up your dirty laundry because you didn't have time to wash it first, like some people I know. :blush:

Carol, Alex would NOT be shooting poor innocent bunnies. He would be finding them hot pink tube tops to wear. ;)

Oh, Ellen, I thought of you and Bethany last night as I was doing my laundry in my house!!! I feel SO sorry for you guys having to go to laundry rooms in apartment complexes or other places to your laundry.

I forgot about that...make sure we have him dressing the correct bunnies, not the ones that pose in a certain magazine!!! :D

We were at the apartment again today, cleaning it up. Hopefully next Saturday it'll be ready to hand the keys back over. I have a little bit of carpet to clean and the windows. It'll be so nice not to have to go back there ever again.

Does anyone have a spare question I can borrow?

MissStyles
03-23-2008, 05:30 PM
We had our Easter dinner today (my sister popped down from Montreal for a surprise visit and is leaving tomorrow at noon)
We made a glazed ham (red wine and maple syrup) scalloped potatoes, Mayport shrimp, boring old broccoli and I cheate and bought yeast rolls . Dessert was strawberry shortcake with "special" whipped cream (a little touch of rum!)

I'll be over for leftovers. You live at Kernan and Atlantic correct????? :)

Check out the cooking thread in the Water Cooler...

BETHANY
MICHELLE

All better?

Rhonda, can you add MissStyles and MamaStyles to list? I need to confirm with "Mama" but I think we'll be there the 12th-14th. We can be flexible with plans since we live fairly close to WDW. We'd love to meet up at some point :D

Happy Easter!
That was one short night! I got up about a couple hours ago.... ham is in the oven, potatoes are ready to do in, so are the rolls. Corn is done just to be warmed, cake is done, eggs are dressed, green beans are in the crock pot and fruit salad is finished. I passed by the Easter Bunny as he ws placing filled baskets on the breakfast table awaiting to be discovered by those hungry for breakfast first thing in the morning. Have I left anything out?

OH, get ready for church and wake the others.....

See ya later

((((HUGS))))

I'm sure you've already eaten and everything, but I'm just reading now and I must say I'm very impressed Deb - very impressed. Nice Job! :thumbsup:

Oh, Ellen, I thought of you and Bethany last night as I was doing my laundry in my house!!! I feel SO sorry for you guys having to go to laundry rooms in apartment complexes or other places to your laundry.
Will you feel sorry for me too???:confused: It is such a pain but I think the worst part is the quarters!!!

I hope you are all having a fabulous day. I've got cookies made to pass around - shortbread with raspberry jam and chocolate chip muesli.

My dear fiance is dragging me out the door to go plan our Santa Fe trip.

Aren't you just psyched to go back to work tomorrow???

offwego
03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Anyone want to pray to St Anthony with me?
Sure but does it help if I have no clue what we are looking for?

I forgot about that...make sure we have him dressing the correct bunnies, not the ones that pose in a certain magazine!!!
Ruh oh..now we know why Alex has been gone so long.

[QUOTE=MissStyles;1583101My dear fiance is dragging me out the door to go plan our Santa Fe trip. [/QUOTE]
That sounds like fun..When are you going?

Dsnygirl
03-23-2008, 07:44 PM
:rotfl: :funny: Ummm.... yeah, sure!! Sounds good!! :secret:

The rest of us homebodies will just have to make ourselves happy by PLANNING our December trip. Who's up for a fireworks cruise? Grand gathering events? Afternoon tea? Golfing? Visiting the various and sundry lounges? Hmmmmmmm?
Yes, yes, yes, yes and sounds great!! :blush:

With good weather, good luck and hopefully a good pilot, we will get into Orlando at 5:12pm. Dinner at Boma's at 8:20!

So.... you must be on your way to dinner.... hope you have and are having a GREAT trip so far!!

I made ohana's bread pudding tonight complete with the banana's foster sauce..does anyone want some?
Absolutely!! Am I too late??

BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14) CBR (we hope)
MICHELLE

All better?
Updated our resort.... hoping the specials let it work out!!

So -- how'd the Easter Bunny treat everyone?? We're back from our trip to Buffalo and feeling full and lazy... we had a big lunch yesterday afternoon with family & friends, our big Easter dinner last night and a big 'ole Easter Sunday brunch this morning after church!! Add to that a few dips into the kid's Easter candy... can you say I think I'm set for eating for the rest of the week?? We got home about 2:30 and I couldn't help myself... the sun was shining and our yard was crying out for help, so I raked for about a half hour -- that ought to have helped with some of those calories, right???

I hope you've all had a wonderful Easter -- I'll zoop in later to check in with you all!!

trackbarroness
03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Had a magical day at work :D
Now who's here and who's coming down?
You'll see more of us CM's with lanyards then before not just at the entrances to attractions any more. :D

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 08:35 PM
BETHANY (December 11 (late) to 14) - All Star Sports or OKW (with Ellen)
MICHELLE
MissStyles and MamaStyles (December 12-14)

Does that look right? :bunny:

Dsnygirl
03-23-2008, 08:42 PM
MICHELLE

Does that look right? :bunny:
It not only looks right, it looks awesome!! I can't believe we'll all be down there at the same time!! So -- who knows more about all this Grand Gathering stuff?? :)

Caroleh
03-23-2008, 08:52 PM
It not only looks right, it looks awesome!! I can't believe we'll all be down there at the same time!! So -- who knows more about all this Grand Gathering stuff?? :)

I was wondering the same thing!!! Do you think we could convince Alex to show up in his pink juicy shorts and neon green tube top?

I'm so excited!!! I just set up my sewing tables and sewing machines!!!! Now I just need to get a bunch of little things put away in both studios and I'm ready to go!!!! I'm feeling a need to be creative and done with all this packing and unpacking stuff!!

offwego
03-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I know Ellen's looking in to some of it (including the planning tools which I've never used) but I have done one of the four events.

The four options (for grand gathering exclusive events of course we could come up with our own ideas) are: in no order

1) Fireworks cruise of wishes MK, depart from the contempory after a meet & greet with Hook & Smee and a feast of treats (packaged cookies, trail mix, candy and mickey mouse rice krispie treats along with drinks). Your cruise is led by a "pirate" with trivia, songs etc. Music is piped in and after a photo op with Tink & Peter Pan himself. (cost is 39.99 for the adults & 19.99 for the under 10 set) Disclaimer we have done this and in december and it was a tad chilly out there on bay lake folks...but we did love it!

2) African Safari Dinner..private safari tour (aprox 20-25 minutes) with guide of course, dinner served family style at Tusker house along with music and normally a visit from Chip & Dale or other options from time to time. 59.99 for the adults and 19.99 for the under 10 set. Menu seems varied and includes african stews, roast beef etc.

3) Breakfast at Tony's complete with entertainment from Tony and a Minnie Mouse visit (often with Goofy) fastpass to Philarmagic is included. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy etc served family style. price is 39.99 for adults and 19.99 for under 10

4) Illuminations viewing and dinner, hosted by Aunt Roz & a DJ, buffet style dinner (various foods from around the world) along with desserts just prior to viewing, sep. vip viewing area, Minnie most often at this. price is 59.99 for adults & 19.99 for under 10

Sorry if someone put this stuff in already....
Any other questions?

Caroleh
03-23-2008, 09:29 PM
I know Ellen's looking in to some of it (including the planning tools which I've never used) but I have done one of the four events.

The four options (for grand gathering exclusive events of course we could come up with our own ideas) are: in no order

1) Fireworks cruise of wishes MK, depart from the contempory after a meet & greet with Hook & Smee and a feast of treats (packaged cookies, trail mix, candy and mickey mouse rice krispie treats along with drinks). Your cruise is led by a "pirate" with trivia, songs etc. Music is piped in and after a photo op with Tink & Peter Pan himself. (cost is 39.99 for the adults & 19.99 for the under 10 set) Disclaimer we have done this and in december and it was a tad chilly out there on bay lake folks...but we did love it!

2) African Safari Dinner..private safari tour (aprox 20-25 minutes) with guide of course, dinner served family style at Tusker house along with music and normally a visit from Chip & Dale or other options from time to time. 59.99 for the adults and 19.99 for the under 10 set. Menu seems varied and includes african stews, roast beef etc.

3) Breakfast at Tony's complete with entertainment from Tony and a Minnie Mouse visit (often with Goofy) fastpass to Philarmagic is included. Scrambled eggs, biscuits, gravy etc served family style. price is 39.99 for adults and 19.99 for under 10

4) Illuminations viewing and dinner, hosted by Aunt Roz & a DJ, buffet style dinner (various foods from around the world) along with desserts just prior to viewing, sep. vip viewing area, Minnie most often at this. price is 59.99 for adults & 19.99 for under 10

Any other questions?

I like these ideas, but my biggest concern is the cost. Blythe, for example, has a family of 4 to pay for and it could get quite expensive for her. (Sorry, Bylthe, if I stepped on your toes. I was looking out for you..:blush:) You're looking at $160 for an evening. I know everything at WDW is expensive!!! Does anyone else thinks this is a little too steep? Just slap me and I'll keep my mouth closed...and no comments from you Pogo or Alex!!!

offwego
03-23-2008, 09:40 PM
Does anyone else thinks this is a little too steep? Just slap me and I'll keep my mouth closed...and no comments from you Pogo or Alex!!!

Hey I hear ya! And I don't suppose the pins I forgot would make it all better either? (you each get an exclusive to the event pin)

The only thing to consider is the meal included in everything but the fireworks one..but wanted to put them out there before we all didn't have time to debate it. Ellen was going to price out the fireworks cruise rental costs (as that's just split by person it may be cheaper with such a group). I think the min. is 8 for any of the above so "side meets" could be an option if anyone is really keen on any of the above. They are cheaper then a steak is at some of the restaurants!

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Based on preliminary research by just looking at the Grand Gathering stuff on Disney's site (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/magicalgatherings/ggLandingPage?id=GrandGatheringsLandingPage), we should definitely qualify as a Grand Gathering.

I do agree that the prices are somewhat steep though, so it may be best not to do any of the organized activities and just organize on our own instead. A couple of those prices are off though - for example, the breakfast is $29.99 for an adult, not $39.99 (per the Disney site).

But, we could still use some of the planning services (I haven't looked into those much).

Why do my bosses both return from vacation tomorrow? Don't they know that we've got planning to do?

Jared
03-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey, everyone! Rhonda and I were talking on AIM, and she mentioned you guys were discussing the December trip and suggested I head over here.

I agree about the price. I could never afford to pay $40 for one of those events. It just wouldn't make any sense considering my budget. Do we really need it? I think we find enough ways to entertain ourselves.

How is everybody, tonight?

offwego
03-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Sorry Rhonda..I got the pricing off allears and didn't also check Disney.

I think finding our own thing is a great idea Jared..and it's nice to see you here again!

What about a home made "scavenger hunt" using photo's as proof? Don't you think we could send people to some neat spots?

Anyone else tired of jelly beans yet? Or eggs?

Jared
03-23-2008, 09:52 PM
Natalie, Mikki wrote a really difficult scavenger hunt for the October meet that didn't seem to catch on. But I think that's a great idea worth revisiting.

It's nice to see you, too! How are you?

offwego
03-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Natalie, Mikki wrote a really difficult scavenger hunt for the October meet that didn't seem to catch on. But I think that's a great idea worth revisiting.

It's nice to see you, too! How are you?

I'm doing just fine (aside from the back to work thing on Monday!). I think a photo challenge might be fun. Perhaps if we make some of it very silly and some of it tough?

I think finding a CM from your "home town" would be a neat trick. (and to be fair you can only have one home town..not like say the 5 I could fake you all out with)

pogo
03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
MICHELLE

Wow.... do you believe how this is coming together ???? :D

It not only looks right, it looks awesome!! I can't believe we'll all be down there at the same time!! So -- who knows more about all this Grand Gathering stuff??
Not me.... I gave up my rights to planning. :blush:

Any other questions?
Interesting ! :confused:

Just slap me and I'll keep my mouth closed !I'll believe it when I see it.... but here goes !

:boxing:

I do agree that the prices are somewhat steep though, so it may be best not to do any of the organized activities and just organize on our own instead.
As far as we are concerned, we don't need anything fancy. I just want to meet you all and get a :hug: ! Is tht so bad ???? :D

BronxTigger
03-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm doing just fine (aside from the back to work thing on Monday!). I think a photo challenge might be fun. Perhaps if we make some of it very silly and some of it tough?

I think finding a CM from your "home town" would be a neat trick. (and to be fair you can only have one home town..not like say the 5 I could fake you all out with)

Ooooh...I just hope the Bronxite I found on the last trip is still there then! She rides the Harambe train.

Today I was walking home and I walked past a trash can. I could hear noise in it and I suspected it was a rat or something, but I did NOT expect a squirrel to JUMP out of it right as I walked past! And he jumped really high too! I went "eek!" and looked over at the trash can only to see this squirrel hanging on to the outer edge of the trash can just staring at me with his huge beady eyes! Would you say "eek!" too? Or something else? ;)

offwego
03-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Would you say "eek!" too? Or something else? ;)

Shouldn't that be "squeak squeaker squeak"? Or "Hey is that you Pip?"

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Would you say "eek!" too? Or something else? ;)

I'm thinking that I would say something else, and it probably wouldn't be fit to print on the boards. :blush:

Who wants cheese?

pogo
03-23-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm thinking that I would say something else, and it probably wouldn't be fit to print on the boards.
What ??? You ???? Oh my ! :blush:

Beast_fanatic
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I know. Shocking, isn't it? :secret:

offwego
03-23-2008, 10:24 PM
I know. Shocking, isn't it? :secret:

Have you all seen Enchanted yet? There are a few "woodland friends" there that might make me use an extra adjective or two if they showed up in my house!

Dsnygirl
03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Shouldn't that be "squeak squeaker squeak"? Or "Hey is that you Pip?"
:laughing: And I thought I was the only one that got a kick out of Kronk!!! (Boy, that sounded weird.... )

All the Grand Gathering ideas sound wonderful - I esp. like the fireworks cruise idea. But I also agree about the price for the ones that include a dinner - we're unsure of whether or not we'll do the Dining Plan, so I wouldn't want to add an even pricier meal in. But that doesn't mean if a bunch of folks wanted to that we'd mind -- we'd just meet up with you guys at a different venue! :) I'm sure we can find a few places to meet for a drink or meal or ride... I'm guessing most of our "get-togethers" will be smaller groups, anyway, as most everyone will kind-of have their own plans to follow? It'd be great to have one or two big ones, of some sort... but it will also be so cool knowing you're all down there and that we could run into you at any point in time, not just when we have a plan to -- that was one thing I loved about the I'cot meet. It was cool to catch up with folks once in awhile -- and terrificly (is that a word???) cool just to know everyone was around somewhere! :D

Well, we're off to bed... hope everyone has a wonderful sleep, and I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!! Shall I put coffee on??

Caroleh
03-23-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking that I would say something else, and it probably wouldn't be fit to print on the boards. :blush:

I was going to say the same thing, Rhonda!!! I have been known to talk to squirrels and other wild animals...especially the ones by the name of Pogo.

I think getting together to see Illuminations or Wishes would be really fun. Those two firework shows are really special the way they are, but sharing them with a group of friends that are like family would make them all the more special. Am I getting sappy enough?

Hey, Buddy.......:archer:

ElenitaB
03-23-2008, 11:00 PM
Today I was walking home and I walked past a trash can. I could hear noise in it and I suspected it was a rat or something, but I did NOT expect a squirrel to JUMP out of it right as I walked past! And he jumped really high too! I went "eek!" and looked over at the trash can only to see this squirrel hanging on to the outer edge of the trash can just staring at me with his huge beady eyes! Would you say "eek!" too? Or something else? ;)
Are you sure it was a squirrel or was it maybe a different type of small animal with a long tail that was having a bad hair day? Someone did ask about cheese...

I agree that some of the events are pricey. We could definitely arrange for group dining, BUT we need to all be there on time. Can we do that? With cost in mind, breakfast just might be our best choice (but it has to be within the first 40 minutes after the restaurant has opened, if I remember correct). Also, there will be an MNSSHP on Friday, the 12th. That sounds like something we could do together as a group... maybe eating together at a CS. Even if we only decide on doing one GG event, it would be great to access their online group planning tools. :geek:

I found the cartridges (yeah) and have been cutting, printing, trimming, etc. It's going to be a busy night! Later, gators!

BronxTigger
03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Are you sure it was a squirrel or was it maybe a different type of small animal with a long tail that was having a bad hair day? Someone did ask about cheese...

Haha. No, it was a squirrel. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the same one I usually see in that immediate area. Every time I walk past that one spot I see a squirrel and he always stops and stares at me. Odd, right?

At least I know it wasn't the same one that followed me down 23rd Street for a full block one time in Manhattan. Or the one that sat right next to me and stared at me as I waited to cross a major street in the Bronx, and then after I crossed the street he was still sitting there and I could tell he was STILL looking at me! :squirrel:

Natazu
03-23-2008, 11:14 PM
You know what I want to see? the look on the Illuminations Cruise skipper's face when he starts his "does anyone know how big the property is" and "can anybody name all the countries" stuff. He'll be taking notes by the end of the cruise.

drummerboy
03-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Haha. No, it was a squirrel. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the same one I usually see in that immediate area. Every time I walk past that one spot I see a squirrel and he always stops and stares at me. Odd, right?

At least I know it wasn't the same one that followed me down 23rd Street for a full block one time in Manhattan. Or the one that sat right next to me and stared at me as I waited to cross a major street in the Bronx, and then after I crossed the street he was still sitting there and I could tell he was STILL looking at me! :squirrel:
[Ponders whether to say anything about squirrels recognizing a nut when they see one...:goodbad: ]

Gotta zoop. Busy day today with Easter service and the play and going out to eat with friends. Hope everybody had a joyous Easter.

Can you believe tomorrow's Monday already?

trackbarroness
03-24-2008, 03:58 AM
Now to talk PirateGal into a stay during that time.
Any suggestions? :D :mickey::cool:

pogo
03-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Good morning all and......

Happy Monday !
Time to get back into the old work harness and start pulling your weight at work ! Is everybody happy ?? I know Diane is.... :fresh:

You know what I want to see? the look on the Illuminations Cruise skipper's face when he starts his "does anyone know how big the property is" and "can anybody name all the countries" stuff. He'll be taking notes by the end of the cruise.
Are you suggesting he would be attending "JQ" University ?? :D

[Ponders whether to say anything about squirrels recognizing a nut when they see one...:goodbad: ]

You took the words right out of my mouth ! :D

Now to talk PirateGal into a stay during that time.
Any suggestions?
Yep.... how about.... "Hey PirateGal.... we need to stay at SSR for the weekend of December 12, 13 & 14.:

That ought to work ! :D

alpro2
03-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Good morning all! Did everyone have a nice Easter weekend?

Is this the JQ thread, or is it Disney Meets thread? :D

First day back to work....Let's see, I have a doctors appt at 11:00 and a physical therapy appt at 1:00. :D

Have a great day all!

offwego
03-24-2008, 07:46 AM
Morning all! Ellen do you mean the MVMCP? cause if they are doing the halloween one in December that just seems unusual..:secret:

Happy Monday to all of you.

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I could hear noise in it and I suspected it was a rat or something, but I did NOT expect a squirrel to JUMP out of it right as I walked past! And he jumped really high too!
Bethany -- squirrels are EVIL :thedolls: . Did I ever tell you guys that I was attacked by squirrels while walking through Queen's Park on my way to class when I was at University? Squirrels are EVIL.

First day back to work....Let's see, I have a doctors appt at 11:00 and a physical therapy appt at 1:00. Isn't that always the way??? Good luck with everything Alex! :hug: Don't overdo it!!

Happy Monday to all of you.Glad to see you. I read about the crazy car slamming into a group of people in Leamington over the weekend. I didn't hear if it was at a Starbuck's or not, so I couldn't rest easy until now! ;)

Happy Monday!

disneydeb
03-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Morning All!

This is my last week of Spring Break. After this weekends discussion, I think if we go ,we sill stay at POP.I've got to speak with my principle and see if she will let me take a few days off WO pay. The grand gathering activities we create of our own sound good.
Did you know squirrels could have rabies?
Be careful out there if you live n an urban jungle!

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Did you know squirrels could have rabies?
That was initially my doctor's fear when I was bitten, but then he said... "Squirrels are so small, they would have likely been killed by a rabid animal rather than simply infected by one.....We'll know in about 3 weeks if you are foaming at the mouth." :confused: Way to be non-challant with my health!

Any plans for this week Deb?

offwego
03-24-2008, 09:24 AM
I read about the crazy car slamming into a group of people in Leamington over the weekend. I didn't hear if it was at a Starbuck's or not, so I couldn't rest easy until now! I live here and didn't hear about this..must go look.

Be careful out there if you live n an urban jungle!
My Mom buys my dog squirell plushies in an effort to train him to attack the real deal..so far with limited visble impact. My dog is so laid back it's not funny.

So aside from Alex is everyone else having a good day?

disneydeb
03-24-2008, 09:40 AM
That was initially my doctor's fear when I was bitten, but then he said... "Squirrels are so small, they would have likely been killed by a rabid animal rather than simply infected by one.....We'll know in about 3 weeks if you are foaming at the mouth." :confused: Way to be non-challant with my health!

Any plans for this week Deb?

Continue cleaning ... I've let everything go.

Does everyone like the MVMCP on the 12th?

offwego
03-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Continue cleaning ... I've let everything go.

Does everyone like the MVMCP on the 12th?

I know we were planning the 11th but I think we could flip it around.

dlpmikki
03-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Coming late to the party again - some tour guide huh? Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. He had been ill for some time but was thankfully at home with his wife when slipped away. He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him. :(

Pitching in to the December discussions - wow what a great bunch of people going. Like the idea of a meet up (or three). Party is OK if folks want to go but the 11th would be a less crowded date if most people could make it. The pirates wishes cruise could be great fun but would cost as much as the party. We will be staying at OKW. I don't know why Jared thought my little treasure hunt was difficult - Figaro knew all the answers ;). Some sort of scavenger hunt could be fun.

offwego
03-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Coming late to the party again - some tour guide huh? Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. He had been ill for some time but was thankfully at home with his wife when slipped away. He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him. :(

Mikki, my thoughts and prayers will be with you as you cope with your loss. I was wondering on the weekend if that was why you were not around.

A flippant question always seems odd under these circumstances. Is there anything we can do for you?

On the other note you mentioned..I was wondering about the Friday crowds but I guess that will depend on folks and their schedules as we draw nearer.

Natazu
03-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Are you suggesting he would be attending "JQ" University ?? :D
Hmm, JQU. The Fighting Possums. I think that could be a new thing.

That was initially my doctor's fear when I was bitten, but then he said... "Squirrels are so small, they would have likely been killed by a rabid animal rather than simply infected by one.....We'll know in about 3 weeks if you are foaming at the mouth." :confused: Way to be non-challant with my health! A moose once bit my sister... No reali! she was caving her initials into the moose when suddenly... oh, you've heard this? nevermind.

offwego
03-24-2008, 12:24 PM
A moose once bit my sister... No reali! she was caving her initials into the moose when suddenly... oh, you've heard this? nevermind.

Jenn do you want this one or should I take it?

But it did remind me of all the "moose statues" in TO a few years back...

pogo
03-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Coming late to the party again - some tour guide huh? Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. He had been ill for some time but was thankfully at home with his wife when slipped away. He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him.
Mikki.... our condolences to you and Andrew. :(

I bet I can get Shari to make a shirt for everyone ! Want me to ask her ???? :D

Airtran :plane: is running a sale on flights and I'm seriously thinking of buying now. $358 R/T for us in December.
What do you think..... too soon ??? :confused:

Jasper
03-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Coming late to the party again - some tour guide huh? Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. He had been ill for some time but was thankfully at home with his wife when slipped away. He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him.
So sorry to hear about your loss. Wonderful in-laws are certainly a blessing! I am sending some :pixie::pixie: your way to help you get through the funeral and all that is to come.

On a different topic, does anyone want to help my wife and I with laundry? A local elementary school had a multi-cultural program last week which means about 125 costumes to launder. Plus I had a local high school that did "The King and I" the previous weekend and they returned their garments last Thursday which is about 60 more garments to launder. And then there are the 20 Easter Bunnie costumes from this past weekend that need laundering! Needless to say I know what we will be doing when my wife's costume store is not open this week!

I was hoping that my wife and I would get a lot of the laundry done on Saturday but we had friends from Chicago show up and we spent most of the day with them. Of course Sunday was Easter and we were with family so nothing got done that day either.

We usually use our Wind star van to take the clothes to the laundry because it gives us plenty of room to get everything in. On Friday we took the seats out of the van in order to get the laundry in. After putting the costumes from the two schools in the van it is already full! Me-thinks we will have to make multiple trips to finish everything!!

Jasper
03-24-2008, 01:14 PM

A moose once bit my sister... No reali! she was caving her initials into the moose when suddenly... oh, you've heard this? nevermind.

Jenn do you want this one or should I take it?

OK, I realize I am about to show my ignorance or will feel really stupid because I forgot, but could one of you fill me in on the whole moose thing?

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. I am so sorry for your loss Mikki. I will be thinking about you and Andrew. :hug:

Jym.... Jym .... speaking of mooses... Did you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Canadian to deal with Toys R US in the US whether on line or in person at a US location?????? Wait -- Geoffrey's a giraffe isn't he?

But it did remind me of all the "moose statues" in TO a few years back...I love those statues...there are still several around.

Airtran :plane: is running a sale on flights and I'm seriously thinking of buying now. $358 R/T for us in December.
What do you think..... too soon ??? :confused:GFI cousin! I looked at December, and the four of us could fly for about $950 -- too bad Brian is out of holidays for the year, and well..... I'm out of funds!

On a different topic, does anyone want to help my wife and I with laundry? !I would Jasper. I have never minded doing the laundry (I LOVE the smell of clean clothes!). Unfortunately, I don't think I am your best answer.......

Mickey'sGirl
03-24-2008, 01:21 PM
OK, I realize I am about to show my ignorance or will feel really stupid because I forgot, but could one of you fill me in on the whole moose thing?Nahhhh..... It's a line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Beautiful absurdist comedy at its best!

Always look on the bright side of life!

Have you ever seen any Monty Python movies? Hilarious. :thumbsup:

Jasper
03-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Nahhhh..... It's a line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Beautiful absurdist comedy at its best!

I told you I would feel silly for forgetting where that reference came from didn't I? I have seen the Holy Grail but don't remember that line. Of course, I have only seen Holy Grail once and I had been imbibing a bit before, during, and after watching it! And yes, I do enjoy the Monty Python stuff, it is a real hoot!

sorarail
03-24-2008, 02:41 PM

[QUOTE=offwego;1583792]OK, I realize I am about to show my ignorance or will feel really stupid because I forgot, but could one of you fill me in on the whole moose thing?

Nahhhh..... It's a line from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Beautiful absurdist comedy at its best!

I told you I would feel silly for forgetting where that reference came from didn't I? I have seen the Holy Grail but don't remember that line. Of course, I have only seen Holy Grail once and I had been imbibing a bit before, during, and after watching it! And yes, I do enjoy the Monty Python stuff, it is a real hoot!

I love Monty Python - Alway Looks on the Bright Side of Life is the ring tone on my cell phone.
The moose line is in the credits...before they degrade to the dancing llamas.

Anyone up for a Monty Python screening party?

Beast_fanatic
03-24-2008, 02:53 PM
I recently got the collector's edition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail for only $10. When I got home with it, I sat down to watch it right away, and I fell asleep! Can you believe it?

pogo
03-24-2008, 03:06 PM
GFI cousin! I looked at December, and the four of us could fly for about $950 -- too bad Brian is out of holidays for the year, and well..... I'm out of funds!
Leave Brian home.... use his funds and bring Harry and Euan ! :thumbsup: (sorry Brian..... just kidding.)

Already booked.... non stop leave ROC 12/11 @ 9:05 AM arrive MCO @ 11:43 AM.... Depart MCO 12/17 @ 6:17 PM arrive ROC @ 8:51 PM.

I recently got the collector's edition of Monty Python and the Holy Grail for only $10. When I got home with it, I sat down to watch it right away, and I fell asleep! Can you believe it?
Yep ! Isn't it called old age ??? :D (sorry... needed a question) :funny:

Jasper
03-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Yep ! Isn't it called old age ??? :D (sorry... needed a question)

Are you stealing my questions again? sorry. . . needed a question. Now where did I hear THAT before?

WHAT? I never did claim to be original did I? I'll just blame it on getting late in the afternoon and my brain starting to fade out.

disneydeb
03-24-2008, 03:29 PM

Pitching in to the December discussions - wow what a great bunch of people going. Like the idea of a meet up (or three). Party is OK if folks want to go but the 11th would be a less crowded date if most people could make it. The pirates wishes cruise could be great fun but would cost as much as the party. We will be staying at OKW. I don't know why Jared thought my little treasure hunt was difficult - Figaro knew all the answers ;). Some sort of scavenger hunt could be fun.

Mikki, I am so sorry to her of the loss of your Father in law. Please accept a sympathetic hug and pass one to your dear Andrew.:hug::hug:

I like the idea of the pirate cruise... it sounds fun! Does anyone want to come witness a proposal in front of the castle? It could happen then ... and Dustin says all my buddies are welcome, if it does.:D

Natazu
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
OK, I realize I am about to show my ignorance or will feel really stupid because I forgot, but could one of you fill me in on the whole moose thing?Do a google search for holy grail credits and click in the imdb link. It will list subtext for the opening credits

I bet I can get Shari to make a shirt for everyone ! Want me to ask her ???? I'd wear it

Jym.... Jym .... speaking of mooses... Did you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE for a Canadian to deal with Toys R US in the US whether on line or in person at a US location??????Have you tried calling from a Fisher Price phone?

Anyone up for a Monty Python screening party?Oh yeah. We're in.

Dsnygirl
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Sorry to say I have been absent because dear FiL passed away on Good Friday. He had been ill for some time but was thankfully at home with his wife when slipped away. He was a wonderful man and we will all miss him. :(

Mikki, I'm so sorry to hear about you FiL... :hug:'s to you as you go through this.

As far as dates for MVMCP, we were leaning towards the 11th as well, mostly b/c we can buy the advance sale tickets at a discount for that night, and we'd heard Fridays were pretty busy. Plus, if we change our dates, the 11th pretty much guarantees we'll be there for it.

On a different topic, does anyone want to help my wife and I with laundry?
Sure!! Can I add ours in??? (oh.... that's not what you meant, is it??? :blush:)

Already booked.... non stop leave ROC 12/11 @ 9:05 AM arrive MCO @ 11:43 AM.... Depart MCO 12/17 @ 6:17 PM arrive ROC @ 8:51 PM.

Cool!! I actually went to their website after I read this post -- we'd prefer to fly Jet Blue, as this next reservation will get me my free flight for January.... but AirTran's prices are so good right now, I was able to find a flight we'd like roundtrip for $716 - for all four of us!! Pretty amazing, considering what we've paid before. That's what we're hoping we'll get through Jet Blue (essentially $79 each way) and seeing as I have to wait until we close to make any decisions, I'll just have to hope that one of these two airlines has these fares later in the year!! (Plus, I'd rather not have to drive to fly out, although I will, if the $$$ is good!)

Any idea how long this special will last?? (And I even signed up on their website for their e-mail alerts...)

So - quick zoop for me... we had to go run unexpected errands today, and I'm a little behind. Plus, our computer/phone/TV went down for about 6 hours while Time Warner fixed or updated things -- so now, I've got to do all my calls and online stuff. :(

Hope you're all having a good Monday - I'll zoop back in later!

pogo
03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Any idea how long this special will last?? (And I even signed up on their website for their e-mail alerts...)

I'm not sure how long the sale will last but I wouldn't wait too long. I think they are trying to generate some cash flow right now !

It's the end of the business quarter and we're all trying to get our numbers up by the end of March. Anyone want to help ??? :D

sorarail
03-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Do a google search for holy grail credits and click in the imdb link. It will list subtext for the opening credits

:funny: Thanks for the suggestion! I just went and read them.
And, by the way, what is your quest?

Jasper
03-24-2008, 04:09 PM
Do a google search for holy grail credits and click in the imdb link. It will list subtext for the opening credits

Thanks, I'll give it a try. I can always depend on all of you to come to my aid when I show my stupidity or my lousy memory.

Did you all hear that housing starts were up in the month of February? Yes, you're right, I did really stretch for a question on that one. Thank goodness that the news came on the radio as I sat here trying to come up with a question!

offwego
03-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Did you all hear that housing starts were up in the month of February?

Jasper I'm so much better at economic indicators instead of Monty Python. (or laundry) Any others you'd like to discuss? Adjusted for inflation gas costs? Wheat increases and the impact of ethonol fuel on overall cost of living? Construction impact of the demand for cranes in China?

dlpmikki
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Mikki, I am so sorry to her of the loss of your Father in law. Please accept a sympathetic hug and pass one to your dear Andrew.:hug::hug:

I like the idea of the pirate cruise... it sounds fun! Does anyone want to come witness a proposal in front of the castle? It could happen then ... and Dustin says all my buddies are welcome, if it does.:D

Thanks Deb and everyone else for their thoughts :grouphug:

You bet we want to have a meet for a proposal in front of the castle! :D

I am so jealous of your airfares - I am paying something around $3000 for the two of us (now you know why we come for a long time each time - it's the cost of getting there!). Admittedly that is for a marginally more comfy seat but it is 9 hours or so and maybe $500 more so it seemed worth it. But hey, come and visit England (or Paris or DLP) and you will think WDW is very cheap! :D

Dsnygirl
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Did you all hear that housing starts were up in the month of February? Yes, you're right, I did really stretch for a question on that one. Thank goodness that the news came on the radio as I sat here trying to come up with a question!
That is music to my ears... I'll have to go Google the info for Dan. Things are going well so far at his company, only a small downturn over the last few months -- but it'd be great if it was shorter rather than longer!!

So - how's the workday ending for everyone? Any good plans for dinner? Nothing special here, just pasta... but at least I don't have to rush, as I don't go in until 11pm tonight. (Overtime shift :D) Unfort., though, I'm not sure there will be much downtime beforehand -- too much paper to push around here as we deal with the house closing. :ack:

Wow - can you guys believe that a week from tomorrow, it'll be April??? :)

Beast_fanatic
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks Deb and everyone else for their thoughts :grouphug:

You bet we want to have a meet for a proposal in front of the castle! :D

I am so jealous of your airfares - I am paying something around $3000 for the two of us (now you know why we come for a long time each time - it's the cost of getting there!). Admittedly that is for a marginally more comfy seat but it is 9 hours or so and maybe $500 more so it seemed worth it. But hey, come and visit England (or Paris or DLP) and you will think WDW is very cheap! :D

Mikki, have I ever had to give you one of these :nono: before?

dlpmikki
03-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Mikki, have I ever had to give you one of these :nono: before?

Surely not? Actually, yes you have :blush:

dlpmikki
03-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Hmmmm - I've just seen that the AP and DVC discount for MVMCP is only available on the 11th. It's over $5 a head difference for adults! Not sure how many tickets DVC members are allowed to buy but I suspect we have enough members to get the discount for everyone who wanted to come. What do you think?

Caroleh
03-24-2008, 06:29 PM

Pitching in to the December discussions - wow what a great bunch of people going. Like the idea of a meet up (or three). Party is OK if folks want to go but the 11th would be a less crowded date if most people could make it. Some sort of scavenger hunt could be fun.

Mikki, sorry to hear about your FIL. :hug:

I just wanted to add my :twocents:. When we went to MMVCP on the 4th, which was a Tuesday, it was PACKED. Is it possible for WDW to help do a Grand Gathering at a party? It was pretty easy to get on rides, but the around the castle and main street was wall to wall people. For counter service meals, I can't remember if Peco's Bills was open, I know Cosmic Ray's was and Columbia House was closed because it was one of the places to get hot chocolate and cookies.

Are you sure it wasn't a duck that says "AFLAC"?

BronxTigger
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
There is very little possible way for me to go to MVMCP on the 11th. I really don't think I'll be able to get 2 days off (Th and F...I'm just hoping I can get ONE day off!) and I can't teleport, so I won't be able to be in WDW by 7pm.

However, with the discounts and most people being able to do the 11th, then I suppose the group should do that day. I'll either go on the 12th or not go.

At my current school I don't even know if I can get 1 day off, but I'm hoping to transfer. Does anyone know what the new principal might be like?

Dsnygirl
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Hmmmm - I've just seen that the AP and DVC discount for MVMCP is only available on the 11th.
Mikki, where did you see that? I was on Disney's site today to see if the discounted days were out, but didn't see any info. Is it only posted for AP/DVC folks in a special spot? I may or may not be an AP holder, so we'll see.

I just wanted to add my :twocents:. When we went to MMVCP on the 4th, which was a Tuesday, it was PACKED.
I've heard the same thing about discounted nights -- but then, I've also heard Fridays are crazy, too. So, that would only leave Sunday night - and we may or may not be there over a Sunday -- all depends on flight prices. (I honestly think I'm not going to book our room until I buy airfare -- that seems to be the most labile part of our budget!! :crazy:)

My take on the whole "group meet" schedule for us is pretty much that we'll just fit into whatever we can... I wouldn't want anyone to do or not do something b/c we couldn't do it at a particular time or on a particular day. You guys who know your days in stone go ahead and work things out -- we'll just add ourselves to something on the fringes (that can be added to, of course) and/or just meet folks for a meal or show. Having never been to Disney for Christmas before, I know we'll be trying to catch a lot of displays and events we won't be back for for a few years, and we may not be available for everything, anyway. So - certainly keep us in mind, but don't worry about us if our dates don't gel! :)

So - is anybody else besides me wondering where Monday went???

offwego
03-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Hey all...how's Monday night behaving?

Carol we've been on a 6th and two other times one a weeknight and one a friday. The friday was much busier but all of them are very crowded around the castle until after the first parade at least. (we had dinner normaly before we really started at Tony's once and I think Ohana's the other time but either way we really just wanted the cookies..:blush:)

There's a discount? Besides the advance purchase thing? Wow I really need to spend more time on the actual web site don't I?

Blythe do you have a house closing countdown yet? And if you want to PM me your email address I can hook you up with alerts on housing starts and any other aspects of the housing industry you'd like (free no worries I have a large monthly supcription list to that stuff I maintain for all kinds of clients, coi's etc..more the merrier!)

Caroleh
03-24-2008, 09:43 PM
Carol we've been on a 6th and two other times one a weeknight and one a friday. The friday was much busier but all of them are very crowded around the castle until after the first parade at least. (we had dinner normaly before we really started at Tony's once and I think Ohana's the other time but either way we really just wanted the cookies..:blush:)

I know some of the CM's and guests we talked to said that it was one of the busiest times during the week they had seen, but that is what they were saying for the whole week. Maybe the second week will be a little slower.

Deb, we'd love to be part of a proposel...hey, maybe that could be what our grand gathering can be!!! How is Gage doing? My niece sent me pictures of her daughter at WDW!!!

ElenitaB
03-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey, everyone. Happy Monday evening! I turned in the scrapbook today and it was deemed "beautiful." I'm hoping to hear about the recipient's reaction tomorrow morning.

Mikki, once again our :hug: to you and Andrew. Are you home yet? How's your MIL doing?

I can see moose in TO... we had cows here in NYC and I really couldn't see the connection (bulls or squirrels maybe. but cows??). :confused:

Leave Brian home.... use his funds and bring Harry and Euan ! :thumbsup: (sorry Brian..... just kidding.)
Or were you?

As far as dates for MVMCP, we were leaning towards the 11th as well, mostly b/c we can buy the advance sale tickets at a discount for that night, and we'd heard Fridays were pretty busy. Plus, if we change our dates, the 11th pretty much guarantees we'll be there for it.

So - quick zoop for me... we had to go run unexpected errands today, and I'm a little behind. Plus, our computer/phone/TV went down for about 6 hours while Time Warner fixed or updated things -- so now, I've got to do all my calls and online stuff.
We won't arrive until late Thursday night as Ben can't miss school too much.

Blythe, that's exactly why I'm so reticent about getting VOIP. I hate when my internet goes down but I'd be really annoyed if it were internet AND the phone too.

Jym... love the idea of JQU! Go, Fighting Possums! :cheer: What should our school colors be?

offwego
03-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Jym... love the idea of JQU! Go, Fighting Possums! :cheer: What should our school colors be?

well I'd think we'd need hot pink for sure don't you think? And maybe brown. (you know the colour of coffee)

So how does one get started scrapbooking? Is there a book or something?

disneydeb
03-24-2008, 10:05 PM
well I'd think we'd need hot pink for sure don't you think? And maybe brown. (you know the colour of coffee)

So how does one get started scrapbooking? Is there a book or something?

I too love the idea of JQU!

Pink and brown, the colors of tube tops and chocolate chips and coffee! Go Possums!

What could be our fight song?