PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions... Springing Toward Summer (Ete)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Tink&Goofy
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
SiL got released from the hospital today.

That is fantastic news Rhonda!! She will remain in my prayers for continued recovery!

So, who wants to come to my house this weekend to spread dirt and put down sod? Sounds like fun, huh?

Rachel says she's on the way
That woman has to be a Saint to put up with you! By the way, I haven't seen her on the boards much, are you hogging the loaner laptop?:D

The Landmark is a Beach front resort and we reserved an Ocean front Suite. :D

That sounds lovely! We will at least be on the same side of the country this year - I think I will be in Seattle. DH has family in the area, so maybe we can pawn the kids off on them for a day or so?

Beast_fanatic
04-03-2008, 10:54 PM
I totallly forgot to say

Happy Anniversary Deb & Jerry! :fworks:

You've got about 4 years and 2 days on me and Robert. :thumbsup:

So, how much do you think a speeding ticket for 20 mph over the speed limit will cost? And, no, it wasn't me that got ticketed, but it was someone in my house.

pogo
04-03-2008, 11:01 PM
That sounds lovely! We will at least be on the same side of the country this year - I think I will be in Seattle. DH has family in the area, so maybe we can pawn the kids off on them for a day or so?
Do you think it might work ??? :confused: I hope so !

By the way... I posted a pre-trip report over in Vacation Planning other than Disney. Check it out ! :D

I totallly forgot to say

Happy Anniversary Deb & Jerry! :fworks:

You've got about 4 years and 2 days on me and Robert. :thumbsup:

So, how much do you think a speeding ticket for 20 mph over the speed limit will cost? And, no, it wasn't me that got ticketed, but it was someone in my house.

In New York it is worth $60 for the ticket, 6 points on your license, and a $300 surcharge !

I haven't got a clue about Texas.

Have you finally quit nagging at him yet ????? :blush:

Going to bed..... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

Natazu
04-03-2008, 11:14 PM
That woman has to be a Saint to put up with you! By the way, I haven't seen her on the boards much, are you hogging the loaner laptop?:D
She has her own PC thank you very much. I don't use it. It has a track ball mouse and I can't stand it. If I want to play Missle Comand (Atari 1980), I'll dig out the track ball. Until then, I'll stick with an optical mouse. In fact, you want to buy one?

Tink&Goofy
04-03-2008, 11:25 PM
She has her own PC thank you very much. I don't use it. It has a track ball mouse and I can't stand it. If I want to play Missle Comand (Atari 1980), I'll dig out the track ball. Until then, I'll stick with an optical mouse. In fact, you want to buy one?
So you still have an Atari? What about Pong? :D

BriarRose0708
04-03-2008, 11:28 PM
So,
Anyone want to hear the continuing saga of the not-so-broken laptop?
If not, skip to next post cause here it comes:
About 7 weeks ago, actually exactly 7 weeks ago, I decided to bring may laptop (Gateway 17" centrino 2.6) in to Best Buy so they can send it off to repair the headphone jack because it had a minor electrical short. We have a bumper to bumper warranty for three years and it's about to expire. About five weeks ago, the computer comes back with a working headphone jack but a bad motherboard and no OS. At this point I've been without the laptop for two weeks and wasn't willing to wait another two weeks. I talked the manager into giving me a loaner laptop, at Gateway 14" 1.6... like the short-bus version of mine, but with no 10-key. Oh, and VISTA, so needless to say I was ready to throw in front of a A-380 within about an hour. Anyway, last week, it comes back with a new motherboard, processor, RAM, and hard drive. The only thing they didn't replace was the case. Now, remember, the only thing wrong with it when I gave it to them was the headphone jack. I boot it up, check the settings, and now the mouse (part of the case) won't right-click. The manager comes out, shakes his head and says, "well send it in and I'll write a note telling them to junk it then we can give you a new laptop". I'm ok with this since the newer technology is a little faster. Today, they call me to come over and pick out my new notebook. I settle on a Gateway P-171XLFX, the Chuck Norris of laptops. About 10 minutes goes by and the Geek comes out and says "sorry, we're sold out. It's going to be like a week before we get more. Do you want to get the HP instead?" Meanwhile, Rachel has been "looking at DVDs" and has picked out more than the laptop is worth. I figured I'd better cut my losses and hit the road but alas, no HP in stock either. How does this place ever sell anything? Oh, and then the guy is like "you can just keep the loaner." I'm like "dude, the FX has a fingerprint scanner, I'll wait". So, I go back to my short-bus loaner laptop and start moving files for the third time and I wait.
This is why I use a Mac.

It's almost Friday!!! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Natazu
04-03-2008, 11:53 PM
This is why I use a Mac.I'll get a Mac one day. Just as soon as I get rid of all but 3% of my software. :D
Actually, I want one of those new ones that the 30" monitor is the whole computer. The MacDaddy or something.

So you still have an Atari? What about Pong? :DYou know how some people collect stamps, or stuffed animals, or scrapbooking paraphernalia? I collect game systems. In fact, I just finished playing some Uno online.

disneydeb
04-04-2008, 06:39 AM
Rhonda, thanks and your annuversary must tommorrow? Great news about yout SIL! I could help dish some dirt!:dighole:

Pogo, A drumset soumds like a gift the mom would make sure you keep at YOUR house for when they come to play. What are you giving him for Christmas? A bubblegum machine?:D
Jerry is getting Gage his permanent hunting and fishing license for his birthday.
I think I'll give him his first car!:D:car:

T&G, Have you not spoiled the girls for 1st class now?:D

Ellen, That is the line I remember from Bambi too!:thumbsup:

Ya'll have a great Friday!

pogo
04-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Pogo, A drumset soumds like a gift the mom would make sure you keep at YOUR house for when they come to play.

His Mom will understand and love the drum set at their house. It will keep him off his fathers drums. :drum:

Did you know he will be a third generation of Henry drummers ???? :D

alpro2
04-04-2008, 07:18 AM
Good morning! Where have you all been? :D

Just got back from my first road trip. I had to go to Orlando for a sales meeting. :thedolls: We stayed directly across from Sea World (which I did not go to). I did manage to sneak away and hit EPCOT for an afternoon. I also went to Downtown Disney yesterday before I heading to the airport.

So what did I miss?

pogo
04-04-2008, 07:25 AM

Just got back from my first road trip. I had to go to Orlando for a sales meeting. :thedolls: We stayed directly across from Sea World (which I did not go to). I did manage to sneak away and hit EPCOT for an afternoon. I also went to Downtown Disney yesterday before I heading to the airport.

So what did I miss?
Sounds like you missed MK, DS and AK !

Did you have fun at Epcot ???? When are you posting a trip report ???? :D

offwego
04-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Hey Alex, you missed the chance to win one of these :marg: from Pogo does that count?

That's great news Rhonda!

Natazu
04-04-2008, 07:54 AM
So what did I miss?
We've settled on Alex James. She wouldn't go for Alex Luthor (Lex for short). Did I mention we're registered at Babies-R-Us? Void in Canada.

alpro2
04-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Sounds like you missed MK, DS and AK !

Did you have fun at Epcot ???? When are you posting a trip report ???? :D
Unfortunately there wasn't much time to play. EPCOT was great (as usual). Rode the "new and improved" Spaceship Earth. Started out good, but in my opinion, ended like a dud.

We've settled on Alex James. She wouldn't go for Alex Luthor (Lex for short). Did I mention we're registered at Babies-R-Us? Void in Canada.
Cool! :cool: Almost like his uncle Alex's name...Alex Joseph. BTW....I retraced the steps on that fateful night in DD! Do you remember? It brought a smile to my face. :D

Caroleh
04-04-2008, 08:03 AM
You spread dirt about me every weekend. What's the diference ???? :D

It's a different weekend? :D Hey, Buddy, :hug:

And yes.... Patti is younger than me ! I'm not completely stupid ! :D Shut up Carol !

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist....does anyone have a shiny thing to distract me?

Deb, congratulations on 26 yrs!!!

Blythe, :pixie::pixie: to help everything to get better for you.

Alex, welcome back. Can you believe I actually missed you? I was thinking of you when I was painting the sewing studio and the primer was pink...I was thinking where is Alex!!!! :D

Caroleh
04-04-2008, 08:06 AM
BTW....I retraced the steps on that fateful night in DD! Do you remember? It brought a smile to my face. :D

You could join us in Dec. and relive that night. Isn't that a good idea?

Alex, congratulations on 10K!!!!

offwego
04-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Wow Alex 10K..you and Mikki have quite a bit in common.

Anyoen need coffee this morning? It's rainy here so it's a good day for it. That and I'm off today. Unless one coutns a business awards dinner tonight. DH says that's not very vacation like.

Mickey'sGirl
04-04-2008, 08:53 AM
Jerry and I are celebrating 26 years together. Have a glass of :wine: or a :bar: with us to celebrate!Congrats Deb!

Patti and I will be celebrating 6 years in a couple of weeks. Congrats Cousin!

Brian and I are celebrating 15 years in 2 weeks...

What movies did the baby need?Baby Einstein -- There's one with Marlee Matlin teaching signs -- Euan signed some things before he ever said them .... Like refridgerator. BABY EINSTEINS NOT CONAN!

The Landmark is a Beach front resort and we reserved an Ocean front Suite. :DKnow what we're gonna do this year? We're going to have dinner atop the CN Tower .... with our children. Not uber romantic, but it's what we want to do. Next year I hope to be in NYC for it!

We stayed directly across from Sea World (which I did not go to). Were you at the Loewes Anatole? We stayed there in '97 and it was beautiful.

We've settled on Alex James. She wouldn't go for Alex Luthor (Lex for short). Did I mention we're registered at Babies-R-Us? Void in Canada.What about Alex Darth? or Alex Mace? How cool are those names, eh????

Congrats on 10,000 Mikki and Alex. Holy Cow can you guys yap!!

Happy Friday everyone!

:pixie: and :hug: to you Blythe. I hope you are back to yourself soon.

disneydrmr
04-04-2008, 08:55 AM
Morning all! Deb's test went well and we made it home in one piece! Wish me luck - tomorrow AM I'll be audtioning to be on Deal or No Deal!!!! If I get on.. and if I win enough money I just might be able to join you all in December! And I'll even buy you all a round of drinks! (a round of waters can't cost that much - right? :D)

offwego
04-04-2008, 08:59 AM
Morning all! Deb's test went well and we made it home in one piece! Wish me luck - tomorrow AM I'll be audtioning to be on Deal or No Deal!!!! If I get on.. and if I win enough money I just might be able to join you all in December! And I'll even buy you all a round of drinks! (a round of waters can't cost that much - right? :D)

Good luck! Have you ever priced out Evian water? :marg: might be cheaper. At least you don't have to wear the dresses!

dlpmikki
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Congrats on 10,000 Mikki and Alex. Holy Cow can you guys yap!!

Congrats Alex! In my defence I did join the site five years before Alex. It's only since I found the games forum that my count has been shooting up :blush:

Good luck! At least you won't have Noel Edmonds as the host over there.... Do you know who he is?

offwego
04-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Mikki have you been missing Rhonda?

dlpmikki
04-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Mikki have you been missing Rhonda?

Now why would you ask that? ;)

Did I tell you guys that the Mega Mouse Meet is happening the same weekend as the JQ meet? Could be some opportunities for us there! :D

BriarRose0708
04-04-2008, 10:20 AM
I'll get a Mac one day. Just as soon as I get rid of all but 3% of my software. :D
Actually, I want one of those new ones that the 30" monitor is the whole computer. The MacDaddy or something.

The iMac? Those are pretty sweet.

Will you call him A.J.?

Good morning! Who had cookies for breakfast? Certainly not me :blush:

pogo
04-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Hey Alex, you missed the chance to win one of these :marg: from Pogo does that count?
I would have had to exclude him from the competition.

:shake:

Not fair..... I got knocked out of the running for middle name too ? :faint:

I must resist, I must resist, I must resist....does anyone have a shiny thing to distract me?
Is that all it takes ? :D

Congrats Cousin!

Brian and I are celebrating 15 years in 2 weeks...
Thanks Cousin :hug: Same to you.

Morning all! Deb's test went well and we made it home in one piece! Wish me luck - tomorrow AM I'll be audtioning to be on Deal or No Deal!!!! If I get on.. and if I win enough money I just might be able to join you all in December! And I'll even buy you all a round of drinks! (a round of waters can't cost that much - right? )
I answered your email. :fresh:

Did Deb study for this test ?

Did I tell you guys that the Mega Mouse Meet is happening the same weekend as the JQ meet? Could be some opportunities for us there!

I read about that on another "Mouse" site. It would be nice to meet others, but I hope it doesn't interfere with our "JQ" meet ! I so want a :hug: from you ! :D

MauiMouse
04-04-2008, 12:11 PM

Rhonda, that is excellent news! :thumbsup:

Alex, did you stay at the Renaissance SeaWorld Orlando? If so I stayed there a week ago Thursday night.

Happy Anniversary Deb & Jerry! :party:

Jasper
04-04-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey all, how's it going? Does everyone have your hip waders on? We have had about 4 inches of rain overnight and they are saying that by the time it all ends early tomorrow that we will likely see another 3-6 inches of rain! Naturally since the ground is still saturated from previous rains it isn't taking much to get all the low ground flooded again.

What really slays me about all this water is how dumb some people insist on being about it. Almost every day for the past month or so there was one story after the next about people driving into the flood waters and getting stuck. Fortunately all of the truly local ones have ended without any serious injury or death. But yet, I was just now listening to the local news and again they reported on two more people that drove into the waters this morning! When are people going to learn and start using their heads for something other than a hat rack?

pogo
04-04-2008, 01:05 PM
Hey all, how's it going? Does everyone have your hip waders on? We have had about 4 inches of rain overnight and they are saying that by the time it all ends early tomorrow that we will likely see another 3-6 inches of rain! Naturally since the ground is still saturated from previous rains it isn't taking much to get all the low ground flooded again.

What really slays me about all this water is how dumb some people insist on being about it. Almost every day for the past month or so there was one story after the next about people driving into the flood waters and getting stuck. Fortunately all of the truly local ones have ended without any serious injury or death. But yet, I was just now listening to the local news and again they reported on two more people that drove into the waters this morning! When are people going to learn and start using their heads for something other than a hat rack?

Hey..... I know what you mean !

How many times have you gotten stuck in the high water ????? :D

Jasper
04-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Hey..... I know what you mean !

How many times have you gotten stuck in the high water ????? :D

I have gotten myself hip deep in other things but have never driven into standing water!

Anyone want a fudge graham cookie?

alpro2
04-04-2008, 02:28 PM
Alex, welcome back. Can you believe I actually missed you? I was thinking of you when I was painting the sewing studio and the primer was pink...I was thinking where is Alex!!!! :D
Awe shucks!

You could join us in Dec. and relive that night. Isn't that a good idea?

Alex, congratulations on 10K!!!!
We'll see.

Congrats Alex! In my defence I did join the site five years before Alex. It's only since I found the games forum that my count has been shooting up :blush:

Congrats Mikki!:marg:

Alex, did you stay at the Renaissance SeaWorld Orlando? If so I stayed there a week ago Thursday night.

Yes, that is where I stayed. Nice place, isn't it?

ElenitaB
04-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Awesome news, Rhonda. :thumbsup: I bet she's really happy to be home.

So, who wants to come to my house this weekend to spread dirt and put down sod? Sounds like fun, huh?
If you want it spread IN the house, you can count on us... we haven't done a house rehab in a while now. :D BTW, congrats on 10K!

Just got back from my first road trip. I had to go to Orlando for a sales meeting. :thedolls: We stayed directly across from Sea World (which I did not go to). I did manage to sneak away and hit EPCOT for an afternoon. I also went to Downtown Disney yesterday.
Now that's the way to go back to work! Did you plan your re-entry for right before this meeting on purpose??

So we look for Jym and Rachel Natazu??

Know what we're gonna do this year? We're going to have dinner atop the CN Tower .... with our children. Not uber romantic, but it's what we want to do. Next year I hope to be in NYC for it!
I volunteer me or Bethany to watch the boys one night so that you and Brian can go someplace romantic here in the City for next year's anniversary.

Glad that Deb's test went well. Did she get the results already? Good luck at the audition.

Did I tell you guys that the Mega Mouse Meet is happening the same weekend as the JQ meet? Could be some opportunities for us there! :D
Opportunities for what? I don't take that as good news at all... the place will be really crowded.

Anyone want a fudge graham cookie?
Are you trying to distract us? :D

Jasper
04-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Are you trying to distract us? :D

Is it working?:D

I have been feeling :ack: most of the week so I am actually trying to distract myself right now more than you!

By the way, I mentioned a couple of days ago how I always found a way to be someplace else when the kids would :ack:, leaving DW to handle the mess. Well, as you can imagine I am being punished for making such a statement!

About 4am this morning I heard the pitter patter of feet across the floor above us as my 11 year old ran for the bathroom! Since my wife had to be at work by 6 am today to prepare for a meeting guess who got to deal with :ack:? All I can say is I am thankful that all my young'ens are old enough that we don't have to deal with mess on the floor or in the bed.

I knew he was genuinely feeling bad today because before I left to come to my wife's store I offered to let DS watch some television and he turned it down in favor of going back to bed! As I was leaving he was carrying his new puppy up to his bedroom to keep him company!

Dsnygirl
04-04-2008, 03:54 PM
Quick zoop...

Rhonda & Mikki -- congrats on 10K!! :party: Wow!! :party:

Alex, glad to hear work is going so well that you're able to spend a little time vacationing and relaxing again... do they have any positions available??? :D

Thanks to everyone for all the pixie dust... it's helping to ease my mind and I'm trying to just relax and wait for my dr's appt. (It's Monday, but then I'm sure all the tests will start. :ack:)

Okay, gotta zoop back out.... J's got riding lessons and afterwards, Dan and I are going out for a date night. I'll try to catch up with you all tomorrow - not a lot going on, but we've got a date with the girls for a "family fun night", and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Hope all is well and nobody's getting too wet -- it's VERY wet here!! But, it's warmer, so that's good!! :thumbsup:

Jasper
04-04-2008, 04:13 PM
Okay, gotta zoop back out.... J's got riding lessons and afterwards, Dan and I are going out for a date night. I'll try to catch up with you all tomorrow - not a lot going on, but we've got a date with the girls for a "family fun night", and I'm looking forward to it. :)

Enjoy your weekend Blythe! Whenever I have my health issues on my mind I find it is helpful to stay busy with the kids and whatever else is going on. Try to focus on the positives and things will work out for the best.

OK, who stole my question? I know I had one here someplace.

MissStyles
04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
:party: Happy Friday Guys and Gals!!! :party:

Morning all! Deb's test went well and we made it home in one piece! Wish me luck - tomorrow AM I'll be audtioning to be on Deal or No Deal!!!!

Too cool..what do you have to do for the audition? Goodluck!

Who had cookies for breakfast? Certainly not me :blush:

As lead baker I must know - what kind?

By the way, I mentioned a couple of days ago how I always found a way to be someplace else when the kids would :ack:, leaving DW to handle the mess. Well, as you can imagine I am being punished for making such a statement!

Yikes...I hope he's feeling better...

Thanks to everyone for all the pixie dust... it's helping to ease my mind and I'm trying to just relax and wait for my dr's appt. (It's Monday, but then I'm sure all the tests will start. :ack:

:pixie: for a clear mind this weekend Blythe. I know how much your mind can end up freaking you out more than your body....We're here for you though!! :hug:

Are we all having a great start to the weekend???

We took the day off here just because.

And I'm going shopping tonight. So to answer my own question? Yes I'm having a great start to the weekend and I hope you all are too. :yes:

disneydeb
04-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Unfortunately there wasn't much time to play. EPCOT was great (as usual). Rode the "new and improved" Spaceship Earth. Started out good, but in my opinion, ended like a dud.

Cool! :cool: Almost like his uncle Alex's name...Alex Joseph. BTW....I retraced the steps on that fateful night in DD! Do you remember? It brought a smile to my face. :D

The night that started by the water in DTD and ended at Pleasure Island at Adventurer's Club?

disneydeb
04-04-2008, 04:47 PM

Get in line early, wear bright colors and be as entertaining (even in line as you can be) Good Luck!

Now why would you ask that? ;)

Did I tell you guys that the Mega Mouse Meet is happening the same weekend as the JQ meet? Could be some opportunities for us there! :D What is a Mega Mouse?

Is it working?:D

I have been feeling :ack: most of the week so I am actually trying to distract myself right now more than you!

About 4am this morning I heard the pitter patter of feet across the floor above us as my 11 year old ran for the bathroom! Since my wife had to be at work by 6 am today to prepare for a meeting guess who got to deal with :ack:? All I can say is I am thankful that all my young'ens are old enough that we don't have to deal with mess on the floor or in the bed.

I knew he was genuinely feeling bad today because before I left to come to my wife's store I offered to let DS watch some television and he turned it down in favor of going back to bed! As I was leaving he was carrying his new puppy up to his bedroom to keep him company!

Bless his heart!

Jasper
04-04-2008, 04:56 PM
ust got back from my first road trip. I had to go to Orlando for a sales meeting. :thedolls: We stayed directly across from Sea World (which I did not go to). I did manage to sneak away and hit EPCOT for an afternoon. I also went to Downtown Disney yesterday before I heading to the airport.

You know, I realize everyone is going to tease you about being so close and not doing more but I can understand how difficult a position you were in.

Several years ago just after California Adventure and Down Town Disney were built at Disneyland out in California I was sent to Anaheim for a week to learn a new computer system. While we were there we went to Downtown Disney to eat on two different occasions and yet time never did allow us to get to either of the parks! Needless to say it was killing me being that close and not being able to go! And to make it even worse I still have not been to either of the two Disneyland parks! Of course, if I had gone to the parks I would have been dead anyway because my wife threatened my very life if I went without her!:D

So if anyone gives you grief just remind them of how hard it was on you being so close and only getting a small taste! :D:D

Do you think the others will feel your pain?

BriarRose0708
04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
As lead baker I must know - what kind?

And I'm going shopping tonight. So to answer my own question? Yes I'm having a great start to the weekend and I hope you all are too. :yes:

I only had one left from the bakery, it was chocolate walnut chip half dipped in chocolate:cloud9: Do you think I was in need of a chocolate fix?

What are you going shopping for?:shop:

Natazu
04-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Cool! :cool: Almost like his uncle Alex's name...Alex Joseph. BTW....I retraced the steps on that fateful night in DD! Do you remember? It brought a smile to my face. :DWhat a fun night that was. Whenever I'm down and need pick-me-up, I dig out the pics of Maria.

Anyoen need coffee this morning? It's rainy here so it's a good day for it. That and I'm off today. Unless one coutns a business awards dinner tonight. DH says that's not very vacation like.What's a coutns award? Is that like an Emmy?

Brian and I are celebrating 15 years in 2 weeks....That's wonderful, and here's to 50 more.

The iMac? Those are pretty sweet.

Will you call him A.J.?I was thinking about that today. What do you think?

Not fair..... I got knocked out of the running for middle name too ? :faint:
Thomas was eliminated at the second elimination challenge when Brian and James had immunity, sorry.

So we look for Jym and Rachel Natazu??
Resciniti

OK, who stole my question? I know I had one here someplace.I sent a PM to SgtTigger and asked him to put out an APB

ElenitaB
04-04-2008, 10:02 PM
So, Jym, when's your new puter arriving? I got an HP laptop a few weeks ago and am really pleased with it. It's not the MacBook Pro I wanted but then again, I just didn't have the cash or the desire to rebuy all my software either.

Rhonda & Mikki -- congrats on 10K!! :party: Wow!! :party:
Ooooh, you're in trouble :nono: ... lucky for you, the offended party can easily be bought for cookies and he's recovering from surgery so I don't think he can run too fast.

Jasper, here's some :pixie: and :hug: for you... just in general.

Hope everyone else's Friday night is better than mine. I'm sitting here editing some pretty dense text.

Later!

Tink&Goofy
04-04-2008, 11:14 PM
T&G, Have you not spoiled the girls for 1st class now?:D

Yep - but I already told them not to get too used to it! :D The problem? I LOVED it - I mean for a cross country trip, it was wonderful! Now I am going to want to go this way every time! :blush:

So what did I miss?
So the slacker finally has to work for a living! Welcome back to the real world! (literally, I guess! :D). I take it the back is doing well?

Blythe - relax and enjoy your weekend!!
Di - Well - how did the audition go??
Rhonda - Happy Anniversary! (a bit early, I know)

I just have one thing more to say...
Its the WEEKEND!!! :woohoo:

Natazu
04-04-2008, 11:34 PM
So, Jym, when's your new puter arriving? I got an HP laptop a few weeks ago and am really pleased with it. It's not the MacBook Pro I wanted but then again, I just didn't have the cash or the desire to rebuy all my software either.They're supposed to call me. They don't have any in the warehouse so at least a week. Anybody know a good XP emulator so I can run my old software?

Beast_fanatic
04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Congrats on 10,000 posts, Alex! :party:

In New York it is worth $60 for the ticket, 6 points on your license, and a $300 surcharge !

I haven't got a clue about Texas.

Have you finally quit nagging at him yet ?????

Who me? ;) He found out today that it's $112 if he takes defensive driving or $219 if he doesn't.

Rhonda, thanks and your annuversary must tommorrow?

Yep. 22 years and I haven't killed him yet. :thumbsup:

Morning all! Deb's test went well and we made it home in one piece! Wish me luck - tomorrow AM I'll be audtioning to be on Deal or No Deal!!!! If I get on.. and if I win enough money I just might be able to join you all in December! And I'll even buy you all a round of drinks! (a round of waters can't cost that much - right? )

Glad to hear the tests went well, but did they find anything out?

Good luck tomorrow! Here's some :pixie: too! If you get selected, will you take us along as your support system? :blush:

Awesome news, Rhonda. I bet she's really happy to be home.

She actually went to a friend's house instead of home. She's more than a little perturbed at her waste of space of a husband.

Opportunities for what? I don't take that as good news at all... the place will be really crowded.

I've been at the same time as the Mega Mouse Meet (in response to someone else's question, it's a gathering put on by a couple of other vacation planning web-sites) in the past and didn't find the crowds to be all that bad.

Rhonda & Mikki -- congrats on 10K!! Wow!!

Well, you got half of it right, but I don't need congrats for 10,000 as that happened some time ago. :shrug:

By the way, the sod arrived today, but not the soil. :mad: They said it was basically mud from all the rain we had last night, so they didn't deliver it. I sure hope they get here with it bright and early tomorrow so we can get this job done before we have our 80 degree day on Sunday!

trackbarroness
04-05-2008, 03:22 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers can't wait for the JQ meet in December. Even if PirateGal and I don't reseve a room for then we'll be here anyway. :D
There's a fresh pot of coffee on along with a pot of water for those who prefer tea or hot chocolate(coca). And some of those breakfast sandwiches. So who's ready for 80 degree weather with a few pinches of rain thrown in? :D From what I've seen of the weather for the WDW area the highs will be in the 80's with chances of rain with scattered t-storms.

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 06:40 AM
Congratulations and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY :marg: to Rhonda and Robert !

And to those celebrating 5 digits!:marg:

Jerry is fishig again today! Not a pro thing though, just some local thing!

Good luck to Diane!

Thanks Sandy for the coffee and breakfast sandwiches!
Did I wake up too early for a Saturday?

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 08:59 AM
Who me? ;) He found out today that it's $112 if he takes defensive driving or $219 if he doesn't.

Yep. 22 years and I haven't killed him yet. :thumbsup:

So I take it he's going to be taking a defensive driving course? :D

Happy Annivesary!!! :party: Your laying sod and spreading dirt for your 22nd anniversary? That sounds about as romantic as my DB and SIL 30th anniversary, they were siding the house. At least all the kids came and helped so the SIL could watch them work and she watched the granddaughter.

Did I wake up too early for a Saturday?

I think I'm there with you Deb. I was up at 7, I finished touching up the paint in the sewing studio, I've done a load of laundry(getting ready to put another load in) and started to put the sewing studio back together. That was all before 8:30, do you think I have WAY too much ambition for a Saturday?

Today when I was touching up my paint I was thinking(I know that's dangerous) about who imspired me the most when I was growing up outside a family member. I had this high school language arts teacher that was fantastic. This teacher was exceptional that way it was. If a student needed help he would stay at the school after hours, even if it was until 9:00 at night. He said it was his job to teach and that he wanted to make sure all his students were learning, if you didn't want to learn then don't take his class. He took a shy, bashful, quiet person and started to develop her into what she is today. Growing up I was really, really shy. If anyone spoke to me I would cry. He convinced me to participate in speech competitions. I never did very well, but for him it was an accomplishemnt for him that I was there trying. After high school, we'd run into each other evry now and then and we could talk for the longest time.

Was there anyone in your life that inspired you that wasn't a family member? I know Walt Disney inspired all of us, right?

How's that for being sappy on a Saturday morning?

offwego
04-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Carol that's such a neat story..I can't think of one nearly that good but I'm only a slurp into my second cup of coffee..

I'd have to say that it's more likely to family then not. Is it warming up anywhere else?

Have a great Saturday morning everyone.

pogo
04-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Good morning all...... nice day on the North Coast today. We are heading to our DGS 2nd birthday :party: today and we'll be gone until around midnight.

I hope you all have a great day ! :D

Today when I was touching up my paint I was thinking(I know that's dangerous) about who imspired me the most when I was growing up outside a family member. I had this high school language arts teacher that was fantastic. This teacher was exceptional that way it was. If a student needed help he would stay at the school after hours, even if it was until 9:00 at night. He said it was his job to teach and that he wanted to make sure all his students were learning, if you didn't want to learn then don't take his class. He took a shy, bashful, quiet person and started to develop her into what she is today. Growing up I was really, really shy. If anyone spoke to me I would cry. He convinced me to participate in speech competitions. I never did very well, but for him it was an accomplishemnt for him that I was there trying. After high school, we'd run into each other evry now and then and we could talk for the longest time.

I was so touched by this revelation of your soul ! Thankyou for sharing such a personal detail of your life.

So what's the name of this guy that's too blame for all your :blah: now ???? I'd like to have a word with him. :mad: Jut kidding, Buddy ! :hug:

alpro2
04-05-2008, 10:04 AM
What a fun night that was. Whenever I'm down and need pick-me-up, I dig out the pics of Maria.

Jym - this is Maria.....
Pictures.....What pictures?????? If I didn't know better I would think that someone slipped a "micky" :mickey: into my drink!!

Hi all.
How's everybody doing? Hope you are all well and enjoying the recent glimpse of Spring.
Maria

Natazu
04-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Today when I was touching up my paint I was thinking(I know that's dangerous) about who imspired me the most when I was growing up outside a family member. I had this high school language arts teacher that was fantastic.
Language Arts? What is that? Sounds like somebody didn't specialize.
"So, Miss Brown. Would you like to teach English?"
"Gosh, I really don't have the background for that. How about something like Language or maybe Talkin'?"

Jared
04-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I woke up before 10 this morning! Is anybody proud?

ElenitaB
04-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Jared, what's wrong? Was there a pea under the mattress or something? ;) You're not coming down to the Jersey meet tomorrow, are you?

Good morning to everyone! Don't anyone rat me out... I should be working but I'm here instead. :secret:

Sandy, thanks for the sammies. :tasty: Glad to hear that you're coming in December. Do you work on Fridays? I plan on being around the MK on Friday, May 1.

Rhonda, happy anniversary! :wine:

Well, off to the races! Later!

Tink&Goofy
04-05-2008, 11:09 AM
Mornin' all!
I told my DH this morning it was sad that I had to come BACK from vacation to get a day to sleep in! :D Even then, I was up by 7:30.

So whats on the plate today? My favorite little clothes shop is having a huge sale, so I will be on my way shortly. Gotta spend whatever we didn't spend on vacation! :spend::spend:

ElenitaB
04-05-2008, 11:18 AM
T&G, glad to see that you're doing your patriotic duty to keep the economy healthy. :thumbsup: Anyone else? We're probably going to the movies later... with the price of tickets and popcorn, we'll certainly be making our contribution.

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Language Arts? What is that? Sounds like somebody didn't specialize.

I was being PC, in my day he was called an English teacher..:D

T&G, glad to see that you're doing your patriotic duty to keep the economy healthy. :thumbsup: Anyone else?

I think I've done my part lately with the house and everything I've bought for it!!! Today I have a meeting to go to and I'm putting together my sewing studio. So far I've built my CD stand and a cubical to hold fabric. Now to sort out all my fabric, anyone want to help? There's at least 7 boxes to go through!!! (I think I need more cubicals or something else to store stuff in...:()

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 11:35 AM
POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)POFQ
ELLEN & BEN & JARED (Dec 11 to 15) arriving late on the 11th - WL or OKW
BETHANY (December 11 (late) to 14) - All Star Sports or OKW (with Ellen)
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14) CBR (we hope)
CAROL & GILLES (Dec. 10-15) POFQ
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-14th) WL or OKW
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16)
MIKKI & ANDREW (November 19 - December 15)
MARY & Friends (December 10-13)
MICHELLE
MISSSTYLES& & MOMMA STYLES (December 12-14)
DEB &JERRY & AMY & DUSTIN (December 10-14)
SANDY & HER MOM - PIRATEGAL

Sandy does your mom have a name otther than Pirategal?

Did I leave anyone off the list?

ElenitaB
04-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Not that I know of, but could you please add in that Ellen and Ben will be arriving LATE on the 11th? We'll be catching a flight after Ben gets out of school at 3:00.

So I thought it appropriate that we have a picture of the anniversary couple (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/210691011_zeGGy-L.jpg) (together with our very own fairy godmother). So when you raise a glass to them today, you know to whom you're toasting. :D (Rhonda, hope you don't mind.)

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 12:45 PM
Not that I know of, but could you please add in that Ellen and Ben will be arriving LATE on the 11th? We'll be catching a flight after Ben gets out of school at 3:00.

So I thought it appropriate that we have a picture of the anniversary couple (http://benellen.smugmug.com/photos/210691011_zeGGy-L.jpg) (together with our very own fairy godmother). So when you raise a glass to them today, you know to whom you're toasting. :D (Rhonda, hope you don't mind.)
Will that do for the time thing?
Why didn't you crop me out?;)

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Did someone ask about superfoods? Well, if not, I decided I love my family so much I would give you a list. Eat well!

Beans: A great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your weight and your blood sugar.
Blueberries: The best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature.
Broccoli: The best food on the planet to prevent cancer.
Oats: A sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol.
Oranges: The most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer.
Pumpkin: Loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent damage from sunlight.
Wild salmon: A guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death.
Soy: The only complete vegetarian source of protein.
Spinach: The best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision.
Tea -- green or black: The easiest and cheapest no-calorie way to avoid heart disease and cancer.
Tomatoes: One of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products.
Skinless turkey breast: The leanest meat source of protein on the planet.
Walnuts: Consuming walnuts is an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Yogurt: A tasty, easy way to boost your immune system.

:thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Zoooooooop.

We didn't sign up for the wi-fi at the campground, but we're home for a few minutes before we go off to the auction. Back to the campground tomorrow though.

I've caught up with the several thousand posts since Thursday but don't have time to comment.

Later.

Can I take a bye on the question?

Jared
04-05-2008, 03:04 PM
Jared, what's wrong? Was there a pea under the mattress or something? ;) You're not coming down to the Jersey meet tomorrow, are you?
No, I'm sticking around up here tomorrow. It's just too far of a drive coming from Syracuse. If I were home, I'd be there.

Can I still take an earlier flight even if you guys are arriving late? Perhaps I can meet up with Mikki or pogo before you guys get down there?

Natazu
04-05-2008, 03:07 PM
I woke up before 10 this morning! Lightweight

Jym - this is Maria.....
Pictures.....What pictures?????? If I didn't know better I would think that someone slipped a "micky" :mickey: into my drink!! The hard part would be figuring out which drink ;)

No byes after March Madness. You can play Texas A&M, that's like a bye.
Everybody got their Final Four tickets?

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 03:12 PM
No, I'm sticking around up here tomorrow. It's just too far of a drive coming from Syracuse. If I were home, I'd be there.

Can I still take an earlier flight even if you guys are arriving late? Perhaps I can meet up with Mikki or pogo before you guys get down there?

You can meet up with Jerry and me! I may need another "tutorial" on Buzz, right?

Or we may be doing AK that day!:D:thumbsup:

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Zoooooooop.

We didn't sign up for the wi-fi at the campground, but we're home for a few minutes before we go off to the auction. Back to the campground tomorrow though.

I've caught up with the several thousand posts since Thursday but don't have time to comment.

Later.

Does this mean you got in at the campground in December?:mickey:

offwego
04-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Jared what am I chopped liver? Besides we plan on bieng at the same resort as Ellen so that way you could toss stuff in our room if you needed to or something.

So that was a neat list Deb. Whats for dinner? We are having bruschetta and LeCellier's cheddar soup. Then a bumbleberry crisp.

It's movie night in house around here.

Tink&Goofy
04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
T&G, glad to see that you're doing your patriotic duty to keep the economy healthy. :thumbsup: .
I'm back, and you'll be glad to know the economy is doing very well, thank you very much, and my spring wardrobe is doing better! :D

Did I leave anyone off the list?
:cry: Me! But don't think it will happen this time. We are upgrading DD13's hearing equipment at a cost of $7,500 - and hoping that insurance will pay some. If not, then likely it will be a very simple vacation this summer.

So who wants to do my taxes for me? I am just not motivated - but I need to get them done this weekend.

trackbarroness
04-05-2008, 04:00 PM
PirateGal's name is Gale and umm
who likes t-storms?

disneydeb
04-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Jared what am I chopped liver? Besides we plan on bieng at the same resort as Ellen so that way you could toss stuff in our room if you needed to or something.

So that was a neat list Deb. Whats for dinner? We are having bruschetta and LeCellier's cheddar soup. Then a bumbleberry crisp.

It's movie night in house around here.

I had a spinach salad with blueberries and Disney Grape tomatoes for lunch.:thumbsup:
I'll probably have beans , cornbread and turnip greens for supper. I'm trying NOT to spend ANY money, eat only what we have on hand and save as much as possible to go to Disney in December. That means I'm not having my nails done and my wardrobe will be a rerun of last year. :drama: Such sacriifices I do to afford the world, right?

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 05:32 PM
:joy::joy: The sewing studio is put together except for the curtains!!! I unpacked all 7 boxes and put them away, so I had a great day. I think I counted 10 boxes yet to unpack then I'll be done.

Gilles isn't feeling well, so to avoid his whining I guess I'll go down and finish putting together the computer hutch he never finished.

Does anyone have any spare questions? I think mine got put away with the fabric!!!

ElenitaB
04-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Does anyone have any spare questions? I think mine got put away with the fabric!!!
Yeah, can you spare me some energy? Mine seems to have gone away this afternoon.

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the anniversary congrats. Ellen, I didn't mind you posting that picture as I don't think I look too bad in it (as opposed to many). ;)

The soil didn't show up until noon, so we've still got about half of it to spread and then we still have to put the sod down. Why didn't any of you show up to help?

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Yeah, can you spare me some energy? Mine seems to have gone away this afternoon.

I'd love to give you some!!! I woke up at 7 this morning raring to go and I haven't stopped except to occasionally check in here. I'm hoping it'll carry on tomorrow, since I still have things to finish.

What's for dinner? Gilles doesn't want to eat and I'm on my own. I think I better eat since I forgot to eat lunch and breakfast!!

trackbarroness
04-05-2008, 06:09 PM
has someone been doing major rain dancing recently? There are T-storms dancing around where i live. Okay who called in these storms?

Caroleh
04-05-2008, 06:45 PM
has someone been doing major rain dancing recently? There are T-storms dancing around where i live. Okay who called in these storms?

Do you think it was Pogo or Alex?

BronxTigger
04-05-2008, 06:57 PM

What IS it today? The weather? Because I am having the same problem. I'm totally wiped out but all I've done today is write papers, zoop into here (and a couple other sites "looking for Piglet") and work out a bit. Not sure how I ended up taking a 3+ hour nap! :confused:

trackbarroness
04-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Do you think it was Pogo or Alex?

Could have been, so where have these 2 been hiding? I think the last Severe T-storm warning has expired or is about to expired.
Me thinks if these 2 don't stop the rain dancing no more mickey ice cream bars for them.
Did I tell you it's raining again?

offwego
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Hey all. Who wants soup?

Beast_fanatic
04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
No soup for me. I am stuffed! For our anniversary, we went out for a nice steak dinner and afterwards, we went to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. I did indulge, and it was delicious. I had coconut almond fudge (which was very good), but I had a taste of cinnamon buns and it was exceptional. Maybe next year.

I have energy, but it's dark outside now and I would be sure to hurt myself if I tried to continue working on the yard in the dark. So, what time should I expect everyone tomorrow? Would Mickey pancakes entice you?

ElenitaB
04-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Sorry about your storms, Sandy.

Congrats again, Rhonda. I appreciate the effort to entice us, but I have an I'COT meet to go to tomorrow. :D If I go help you, will you go for me to New Joisey?

Carol, when can I expect the energy to arrive? I did my taxes tonight and worked some 5 hours, but the trade-off was not making dinner ... so we had Domino's for dinner, and vegetable soup I had made earlier today

Anyone have some spare dessert? I must confess that I really, really, really miss room service. :blush:

Tink&Goofy
04-06-2008, 01:03 AM
I have energy, but it's dark outside now and I would be sure to hurt myself if I tried to continue working on the yard in the dark. So, what time should I expect everyone tomorrow? Would Mickey pancakes entice you?
I'll help you with the sod, if you'll do my laundry and clean the house. Oh, and do my taxes too! :D

I did my taxes tonight and worked some 5 hours, but the trade-off was not making dinner ... so we had Domino's for dinner, and vegetable soup I had made earlier today

Thats tomorrows job - to do our taxes - and the girls taxes. Yes, even I can't stand to do them....
I really need to finish getting resettled after getting back. DD has a state bowling tournament, so they will be gone a chunk of the day, so I really have no excuse. But give me time, I will think of something. :blush:

So could someone have some extra milk ready to go in the morning? We are almost out, and I didn't want to make another trip tonight. Goodnight all.

drummerboy
04-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Does this mean you got in at the campground in December?:mickey:
Unfortunately no. We're staying at Myrtle Beach this time. Just got back home from the auction and I'm trying to wind down so I can go to sleep, then it's back to the campground in the morning. Meeting with my mother at a nearby Crackerbarrel at 2 for lunch then we crash back on the site.

Anybody got some spare sleep they can lend me?

Natazu
04-06-2008, 02:52 AM
Did someone ask about superfoods? Well, if not, I decided I love my family so much I would give you a list. Eat well!

Beans: A great low-fat, low-calorie source of protein and an easy way to help control your weight and your blood sugar.
Blueberries: The best food on the planet to preserve a young brain as we mature.
Broccoli: The best food on the planet to prevent cancer.
Oats: A sure-fire way to lower your cholesterol.
Oranges: The most readily available source of vitamin C, which in turn lowers the rate of most causes of death in this country, for example, heart disease and cancer.
Pumpkin: Loaded with phytonutrients, which keep our skin young and help prevent damage from sunlight.
Wild salmon: A guaranteed way to lower your risk for cardiac-related death.
Soy: The only complete vegetarian source of protein.
Spinach: The best food on the planet to prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, thus ensuring a lifetime of good vision.
Tea -- green or black: The easiest and cheapest no-calorie way to avoid heart disease and cancer.
Tomatoes: One of the easiest ways for men to avoid prostate cancer is the consumption of tomatoes and tomato-based products.
Skinless turkey breast: The leanest meat source of protein on the planet.
Walnuts: Consuming walnuts is an easy, tasty way to lower your risk of cardiovascular disease.
Yogurt: A tasty, easy way to boost your immune system. There's something missing...

Hey all. Who wants soup?I like soup.

Anyone have some spare dessert? I must confess that I really, really, really miss room service. :blush:I made a smores pie. There are a couple of pieces left. Shall I send one over?

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 03:21 AM

Mickey pancakes would entice me, but not to want to play in the dirt. I think I will stay here and do laundry, clean bathrooms and vaccum.

I'll help you with the sod, if you'll do my laundry and clean the house. Oh, and do my taxes too! :D

Thats tomorrows job - to do our taxes - and the girls taxes. Yes, even I can't stand to do them....
I really need to finish getting resettled after getting back. DD has a state bowling tournament, so they will be gone a chunk of the day, so I really have no excuse. But give me time, I will think of something. :blush:

So could someone have some extra milk ready to go in the morning? We are almost out, and I didn't want to make another trip tonight. Goodnight all.

:pixie:There should be milk in your fridge now.;)

And Jym, what would you add to the list?

trackbarroness
04-06-2008, 03:39 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers coffee is on along with water for tea hot chocolate for those who don't like/won't drink coffee. Did someone order up more rain for today and I think for the next couple of days for WDW area?
Mickey shaped pancakes would definetly entice me to come on over. Even if it's to play err I mean work in the dirt. :D Hey i don't get to play err I mean work in the dirt at work. :D
the next time I'll be posting will either be some time tomorrow night or the next day or so. Because i picked up a party shift for tonight and for Friday. So did anyone invent those eye toothpicks yet/ :D lololol
To top it off it's suppose to rain again today.
There's suppose to be a cold front moving slowly this way, and yet the tempts don't show a drop after it passes. When ever that will be. :D
Have a magical day

Natazu
04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
And Jym, what would you add to the list?
Do you really have to ask?
Possum: rich in protein and vitamin B, provides and excellent source of Omega-3s, especially when fried in canola oil or walnut oil and topped with diced tomatoes, served over lentils.

Caroleh
04-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Possum: rich in protein and vitamin B, provides and excellent source of Omega-3s, especially when fried in canola oil or walnut oil and topped with diced tomatoes, served over lentils.

Just remember, you did it this time!! :D

Rhonda, Mickey pancakes sound wonderful, but not enough to play in dirt. Now if you want to come here and get my sewing done or boxes unpacked, I'd be happy!!

Well, I'm off to try and get a couple of things sewn today and then off to my bellydance recital practice. My recital is the evening of May 31 and I'm thinking about having my housewarming on June 1, anyone want to come to both?:D

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers coffee is on along with water for tea hot chocolate for those who don't like/won't drink coffee. Did someone order up more rain for today and I think for the next couple of days for WDW area?
Mickey shaped pancakes would definetly entice me to come on over. Even if it's to play err I mean work in the dirt. Hey i don't get to play err I mean work in the dirt at work.
the next time I'll be posting will either be some time tomorrow night or the next day or so. Because i picked up a party shift for tonight and for Friday. So did anyone invent those eye toothpicks yet/
To top it off it's suppose to rain again today.
There's suppose to be a cold front moving slowly this way, and yet the tempts don't show a drop after it passes. When ever that will be.
Have a magical day

Can you let us (the JQU crew ) in for a night party this December? :party:

We usually just stew it up with onions, potatoes and carrots.:confused::D

[CENTER]:shake:

Just remember, you did it this time!! :D

Rhonda, Mickey pancakes sound wonderful, but not enough to play in dirt. Now if you want to come here and get my sewing done or boxes unpacked, I'd be happy!!

Well, I'm off to try and get a couple of things sewn today and then off to my bellydance recital practice. My recital is the evening of May 31 and I'm thinking about having my housewarming on June 1, anyone want to come to both?

I'd love to but I have to be at school June 2. bummer:(

pogo
04-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Good morning all....... a beautiful day here today....... :sun: and 60 is the forcast. Is everybody going to church today ??

We had a wonderfull day yesterday playing with the Grandkids. And Joshua really, really loved his drum set. See him playing his first drum solo here. (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2399234020092087367nMIvTR)See you all later ! :D

MissStyles
04-06-2008, 09:01 AM
:drama: Such sacriifices I do to afford the world, right?

We're worth it though, right? :)

We had 'em up here....quite fierce too.

we went to Ben & Jerry's for ice cream. I did indulge, and it was delicious. I had coconut almond fudge (which was very good), but I had a taste of cinnamon buns and it was exceptional. Maybe next year.

YUM - that's my favorite flavor and I've always wanted to try the cinnamon buns. Glad you had a nice anniversary dinner :thumbsup:

Congrats again, Rhonda. I appreciate the effort to entice us, but I have an I'COT meet to go to tomorrow. :D

Have fun today at the meet and be sure to report back on it!

Well, I'm off to try and get a couple of things sewn today and then off to my bellydance recital practice. My recital is the evening of May 31 and I'm thinking about having my housewarming on June 1, anyone want to come to both?:D[/LEFT]

Wish I could see it - goodluck @ the rehearsal. *inserts bellydancing smiley*

We had a wonderfull day yesterday playing with the Grandkids. And Joshua really, really loved his drum set. See him playing his first drum solo here. (http://family.webshots.com/photo/2399234020092087367nMIvTR)See you all later ! :D

Absolutely adorable. He's really rockin' out huh? :drum:

offwego
04-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Hey all, Jym it's the cheddar cheese soup from LeCellier..seeing as how I can get both Canadian Cheddar & Canadian Beer with little problem.

Rhonda that sounds like fun except for the dirt bit. Mind you I'm itching to get at my garden soon. (Carol what does gardening count as? Is it crafty at all?)

Speaking of/to Carol..what day of the week is June 1st? I don't have a calender anywhere down in the games room where my computer is. DH is keen to meet you and Gilles and hopefully Jenn & Brian could make it as well.

So T & G did you find magical milk? Ellen would fruit cobbler work? It's got blackberries & Deb's suggested blueberries & two kinds of apples. If not I'm making choc. mousse later if that's more appealing.

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Good morning all....... a beautiful day here today....... :sun: and 60 is the forcast. Is everybody going to church today ??

Just look at that cutie! Grandpa, did you do good or what? :thumbsup: :D

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey all, Jym it's the cheddar cheese soup from LeCellier..seeing as how I can get both Canadian Cheddar & Canadian Beer with little problem.

Rhonda that sounds like fun except for the dirt bit. Mind you I'm itching to get at my garden soon. (Carol what does gardening count as? Is it crafty at all?)

Speaking of/to Carol..what day of the week is June 1st? I don't have a calender anywhere down in the games room where my computer is. DH is keen to meet you and Gilles and hopefully Jenn & Brian could make it as well.

So T & G did you find magical milk? Ellen would fruit cobbler work? It's got blackberries & Deb's suggested blueberries & two kinds of apples. If not I'm making choc. mousse later if that's more appealing.

That cobbler sounds yummy and pretty good for you!
Anybody wanting to meet Jerry and me? :D Nevermind, I just saw the June 1 thingy.

Caroleh
04-06-2008, 10:51 AM

He's a little cutie!!! Takes after his mom, eh?

It's a hobby, not a craft...it's something I can't do!!!:D I'm doing pretty good at trying to keep my 4 houseplants alive!!

It's a Sunday. I know it's a bad day to have people from out of town come with church and everything, I really wanted it on a Saturday, but with my recital on the 31st, tht was out. My assistant manager wanted the Saturday before that off, which was going to be the orginal date for the housewarming. Gilles suggested July, but that's when we have inventory and I'll be totally stressed until thats over with. Blythe, Natalie, Jenn and Pogo, if that date works out for you let me know. I can always make a date for my JQ friends!!!!

offwego
04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Are you thinking day time or night time? It's about a 4 hour drive give or take so that might be a factor with it being on Sunday. William still has school and stuff so we need to be home by at least 10ish.

I can always come up the night before and visit with my brother etc so that's not a big problem..Just let me know.

Caroleh
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Are you thinking day time or night time? It's about a 4 hour drive give or take so that might be a factor with it being on Sunday. William still has school and stuff so we need to be home by at least 10ish.

I can always come up the night before and visit with my brother etc so that's not a big problem..Just let me know.

It would be an afternoon thing, I was thinking 1-6ish. My staff wants to see the house also, so that's another reason for Sunday that way the store is closed. I just need to figure out how to have some staff members not bring their DH's. One has a DH that is obnoxious and knows everything about everything and you can't tell him any different. One time he was telling me what my heritage was, and he wouldn't believe me. I really don't want this man in my house!!!

Does anyone have a question for me? I gotta run and get ready for practice!!!

BriarRose0708
04-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Natalie- Got any soup left?

Hope everyone's having a great day! I'm going out to lunch and then enjoying the awesome weather!

ps- where's Christine been? I miss her!

grego77
04-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Hey everyone.

Sorry I haven't been talking. Too many interviews for JQU I guess! Weather has been "un-magical" for the past 3 days now...totally affecting my mood around here. Lots of classwork to do, as it is "crunch time". The light at the end of the tunnel is Disneyland (May 1-5)...and it can't come soon enough!!!

I definitely need a pick-me-up. Maybe I'll watch a Disney movie! Any suggestions?

Happy Anniversary Rhonda! :thumbsup:

Happy Sunday everyone! :mickey:

offwego
04-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey Greg..what about Atlantis? It's funny and likely not one you've seen in a while. Two for flinching anyone?

Nikki you asked just as it was getting warm, and I made mini cornmeal, thyme, pepper biscuits to go with.

Carol, that could kinda work, but we'd likely only pop in for a bit so we could be on the road if that's ok with you..let me know when you have it firmed up. And not to worry about Mr. Know it all..I'm fairly good with that type.

grego77
04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey Greg..what about Atlantis? It's funny and likely not one you've seen in a while. Two for flinching anyone?

...Great idea. Will do. Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am also excited to see that we in MA are going to have SUN and WARMTH all week this week supposedly. YAY! :mickey:

When is dinner being served Emily? I am Huuuunnngryy!! :D

disneydeb
04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey everybody, come on down! Did someone ask what's for supper?

Well, anyway, we are having ham slices, corn fritters stewed cabbage, carrots and blueberry cobbler for desert. Whoever brings vanilla bean ice cream or a smiling face is welcome to stay for supper.

MissStyles
04-06-2008, 08:08 PM
When is dinner being served Emily? I am Huuuunnngryy!! :D

Order up! We've got roasted veggie macaroni and cheese and salad with arugula, grapefruit, orange, green onion and olive oil.

Cookies are being prepped for the week. Stay tuned.

Is it Sunday night already? :(

grego77
04-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Dinner was amazing Emily...thank you very much.

Wow...we go from chatty Kathys to absolute stagnance...haha! Talk people...talk!!!! :mickey:

Any special plans going on this week for anyone? I'm SO excited to be going down to NYC this weekend to see Spamalot and meet up with friends from my Israel trip a couple weeks ago. Then on Monday is my Disney audition for The Voices of Liberty! YAY! :D

Caroleh
04-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Dinner was amazing Emily...thank you very much.

Wow...we go from chatty Kathys to absolute stagnance...haha! Talk people...talk!!!! :mickey:

Any special plans going on this week for anyone? I'm SO excited to be going down to NYC this weekend to see Spamalot and meet up with friends from my Israel trip a couple weeks ago. Then on Monday is my Disney audition for The Voices of Liberty! YAY! :D

Can you tell Ken, Pogo and Alex were missing? They are the talkitive ones!!!:D

Good luck on monday, Greg!!!

disneydeb
04-07-2008, 06:05 AM
KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK
:huh::hide::hide2::truck::spy:

Is everybody hiding from me?:confused:

Where did everybody go?

Anybody wanna play?:(

pogo
04-07-2008, 07:12 AM
Good morning all... a great weekend weather here and it's going to continue for a couple more days. :cloud9:

Just look at that cutie! Grandpa, did you do good or what?
We walked in the door, I threw my arms around my DDIL and said, "I love you Jesse" ! She said, "OK.... what's in the big Disney bag" ?

Joshua was already trying to open the bag so we just let him go and when my son saw what was inside he smiled and said to Jesse, "I knew it" ! The photo was taken as we were setting it up for him ! Look out world..... another drummer has entered the world ! :D

Well, anyway, we are having ham slices, corn fritters stewed cabbage, carrots and blueberry cobbler for desert. Whoever brings vanilla bean ice cream or a smiling face is welcome to stay for supper.
I've never had a carrot and blueberry cobbler before..... how does it taste ??? :confused:

Then on Monday is my Disney audition for The Voices of Liberty! YAY!
Good luck Greg ! We are all pulling for you ! :D

offwego
04-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Good Luck Greg! And Pogo sounds like you had a nice visit.

Coffee anyone?

sorarail
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
I'm SO excited to be going down to NYC this weekend to see Spamalot and meet up with friends from my Israel trip a couple weeks ago. Then on Monday is my Disney audition for The Voices of Liberty! YAY! :D

Ni! Good luck today Grego! Is there a specific roll you are going for or is this a cattle call? Either way, break a leg!

Coffee anyone?

Good morning, Nat. Thank you, but no coffee for me. Would anyone care for a cup of green jasmine tea?

Spring really sprang over the weekend! It's amazing what 70+ degree temps and a couple of inches of rain will do. Everything is green, green, green! Yippee!!! How's spring progressing for everyone else? :pick:

offwego
04-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey Page, we were wondering where you and your tea had gone too.

It's geting greener here and the birds are out and about. A few signs of life in the garden, but it's still to wet to go poking too much.

What about muffins since the coffee wasn't good? I have pear/apple ginger muffins.

Caroleh
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
What about muffins since the coffee wasn't good? I have pear/apple ginger muffins.

The muffins sounds great, Natalie!!!! I'm debating weather or not to make muffins for breakfast. I'm getting tired of English muffins everyday.

Does anyone have anything for a scratchy throat? Gilles has a really bad cold and I've been trying to avoid getting it since the next 2 weeks I'm going to be short staffed. I have an employee that will be off work for about a week and a half because she's having cataract surgery. The joys of being the boss...you can't take off work when your sick!!!

Has anyone seen Blythe lately?

sorarail
04-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Hey Page, we were wondering where you and your tea had gone too.

It's geting greener here and the birds are out and about. A few signs of life in the garden, but it's still to wet to go poking too much.

Hi Nat!:wave:
I've been busy, busy, busy - weekend before this most recent, DH and I went to a native plant symposium. This last weekend, Sat. at least, I was at an investing seminar. Yesterday was spent pulling most of the weeds that the warm temps and rain have caused to sprout. ;)And work has been crazy busy, so I haven't had enough time to log in and join in with Just Q's.
Whew..

I can't drink coffee anymore - but an apple, ginger muffin would be quite tasty, thank you. I think I have some freshed whipped cream around here. Would you like a dollop for your coffee and/or your muffin?

Mickey'sGirl
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
Hey Greg..what about Atlantis? It's funny and likely not one you've seen in a while. Two for flinching anyone?I was sure we were the only ones who loved this movie....Do you like Hercules too? We do.

Then on Monday is my Disney audition for The Voices of Liberty! YAY! :DGood luck Greg! :pixie:

Spring really sprang over the weekend! It's amazing what 70+ degree temps and a couple of inches of rain will do. Everything is green, green, green! Yippee!!! How's spring progressing for everyone else? :pick:Spring sprung here over the weekend too. It was really lovely -- went up to my BinL where they were making maple syrup. It's a pretty cool process!

Happy Monday everyone! :mickey:

sorarail
04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I\Spring sprung here over the weekend too. It was really lovely -- went up to my BinL where they were making maple syrup. It's a pretty cool process!

Happy Monday everyone! :mickey:

I LOVE fresh maple syrup! Did they make enough to share?

And Happy Monday, to you, too!

offwego
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
No whipped cream for me thanks, I'm not a big fan of that with my coffee. And yes Jenn we like Hercules as well. How about Treasure Planet for your house?

BriarRose0708
04-07-2008, 10:23 AM
Does anyone have anything for a scratchy throat? Gilles has a really bad cold and I've been trying to avoid getting it since the next 2 weeks I'm going to be short staffed. I have an employee that will be off work for about a week and a half because she's having cataract surgery. The joys of being the boss...you can't take off work when your sick!!!

Me :ill:
I noticed I had a little bit of a runny nose last night, and this morning my throat is dry and cratchy and I have a headache. Great. Anyone have some Zicam?

grego77
04-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Good luck today Grego! Is there a specific roll you are going for or is this a cattle call? Either way, break a leg!

Thanks for the kind wishes everyone...but you can put them on hold for NEXT Monday! :thumbsup: I am going down to NYC this coming weekend, and the 14th (a week from today) is the audition! I expect many a pixie dust posts (hahaha!) :party:

Hope you feel better soon Nikki...stay away from the germy freshmen! :mickey:

Anyone wanna come to Boston the 22nd to see Sara Bareilles in concert???!?? :cloud9:

Beast_fanatic
04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
I was too tired to think up any questions last night. We managed to finish the yardwork! And, work it was too! We rented one of those rollers that you use to flatten out dirt and/or grass (it's a manual thing, not like a steam roller), and I managed to roll it over my big toe. :blush: It's a lovely shade of purple today. Fortunately, it wasn't the big toe that I've had all the issues with.

Anyone else off today? :D

MissStyles
04-07-2008, 11:34 AM
Rhonda - I wish .... but atleast we're almost halfway through the work day.

Greg - That rules about the audition. You better darn well give us a full detailed report on it. And I will save my break a leg for you until the weekend :thumbsup:

Page - Welcome back!!!! We were starting to get worried. Glad you've been keeping yourself busy. Sometimes it's nice to take a break from the internet.

Jenn - That maple syrup tour sounds like a lot of fun. I refuse to eat anything other than the pure stuff!

Nikki - feel better. I have a spare Zicam in my medicine cabinet at home just for you!

I can't remember my question, anyone know where it went?

Jasper
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I was too tired to think up any questions last night. We managed to finish the yardwork! And, work it was too! We rented one of those rollers that you use to flatten out dirt and/or grass (it's a manual thing, not like a steam roller), and I managed to roll it over my big toe. :blush: It's a lovely shade of purple today.

Sounds like you need some :pixie: for your big toe!! So did you get the yard work done before it got too painful to walk on? The few times we have needed to use a roller in the past I always rigged up a way to hook it up behind my riding lawn mower or borrowed an ATV from friends to do the same thing. It sure saves on the back and in your case the toes to do it that way!

Jared
04-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey, everyone! How is everybody doing this lovely Monday afternoon?

I'm sitting in a classroom right now playing on the boards until 2:15 when class starts, and there is this girl behind me screaming into her cell phone. Has anyone else been in this situation? There are a couple other kids talking quietly or typing on their laptops, and then there is this one girl who has been actually yelling into her phone for the last 15 minutes.

Has anyone else been in a similar situation?

offwego
04-07-2008, 03:03 PM

Ever or right now?

I'd slip her a note reminder her that whatever she's talking about isn't anything that she wants everyone else to hear.

Jasper
04-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Hey, everyone! How is everybody doing this lovely Monday afternoon?

I'm sitting in a classroom right now playing on the boards until 2:15 when class starts, and there is this girl behind me screaming into her cell phone. Has anyone else been in this situation? There are a couple other kids talking quietly or typing on their laptops, and then there is this one girl who has been actually yelling into her phone for the last 15 minutes.

Frustrating isn't it? Some folks just don't seem to understand that the whole world doesn't want to know what is going on in their life.

Personally I think that cell phones are another anchor that is dragging civility down to its death!

offwego
04-07-2008, 03:30 PM
Personally I think that cell phones are another anchor that is dragging civility down to its death!

Your likely right but I think I'd lose my mind without mine. Or maybe I already did?

Jasper
04-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Your likely right but I think I'd lose my mind without mine. Or maybe I already did?

And what frustrates me even more is that I find myself being sucked into using one as well because they make it so easy. When my wife bought her costume store a couple of years ago we looked at long distance prices and the cell phone was so much cheaper than the land line. And, since I am normally the one who handles her ordering and all that sort of thing she insists that I carry one.

But I do find a way to uphold at least a little principal because I refuse to carry it anyplace other than at the store. Can you imagine how much that thrills my wife? (OK, I know that one was a real stretch for a question!)

grego77
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM

Practically every day! It is rediculous and quite annoying. If they can't hear you, then go out of the room and find a place where they can...or just get a better phone. Oh the joys of technology!

When I was at MK last week, I was enjoying Small World (yes I enjoy it!) and some person behind me in the boat was taking a business call!!! :mad::mad: I couldn't believe it! With that music in the background, he was talking about some real estate something-or-other. It was TRULY un-magical. Keep the phones off while on rides!!!

What's for dinner tonite? :mickey:

Jasper
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
When I was at MK last week, I was enjoying Small World (yes I enjoy it!) and some person behind me in the boat was taking a business call!!! :y:

Those kind of people have absolutely no consideration for others. Your story reminded me of one that happened Last Christmas at 9:00 mass on Christmas morning. A woman sitting a few pews in front us had her phone ring during a very quiet moment in the mass so everyone in the church heard it. And then to everyone's astonishment the woman actually took the call which definitely sounded like business and not pleasure!! I was so proud of our priest because he stopped what he was doing and asked for the lady to please go outside and come back after she was finished with her call!! Our church seats about 900 people when full and as you could imagine it was packed on Christmas morning. While I didn't happen to know this woman I am sure there are others who did. Can you say embarrassing?

Jared
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
What an intense comment! I'm still young! Am I doomed? Is my entire generation destined to die in a cell phone-induce fiery inferno? Don't scare me!

Ever or right now?

I'd slip her a note reminder her that whatever she's talking about isn't anything that she wants everyone else to hear.
I should have done that, but I did flash her some dirty looks. Surprised they didn't seem to do anything?

Unfortunately, in the journalism world, I'm not sure it's possible to live anymore without a cell phone. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it?

I found a class for next semester called Walt Disney and Pop Culture. I better get in. It sounds perfect for me.

BriarRose0708
04-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I found a class for next semester called Walt Disney and Pop Culture. I better get in. It sounds perfect for me.

Nice! :thumbsup: Wasn't it also at 'Cuse a professor offered a class about 'Lil Kim and hip hop/rap culture? I think she came to the class and spoke, too.

disneydeb
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
What an intense comment! I'm still young! Am I doomed? Is my entire generation destined to die in a cell phone-induce fiery inferno? Don't scare me!

I should have done that, but I did flash her some dirty looks. Surprised they didn't seem to do anything?

Unfortunately, in the journalism world, I'm not sure it's possible to live anymore without a cell phone. It's a vicious cycle, isn't it?

Nice! :thumbsup: Wasn't it also at 'Cuse a professor offered a class about 'Lil Kim and hip hop/rap culture? I think she came to the class and spoke, too.

Wouldn't it be cool if .... no I won't even go there!

Pogo, are you dissing my cobbler?:sob:

grego77
04-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Sounds perfect for me too! Can I delay the real-world one more semester and take that class??!

Hey I just realized that TODAY is my 1-year anniversary of joining Intercot! :party: Wow! It's been a great year! Emily, how about a nice sheet cake to celebrate??? :thumbsup:

drummerboy
04-07-2008, 09:35 PM
We're hoooooome. How can one spend so much time lazing around and still feel tired when you get home? Anyway, we needed the down time.

Look out world..... another drummer has entered the world ! :D

Is the world prepared for this? Is Myrtle Beach prepared for two of us in the same place? (I've put all thier emergency systems on standby this weekend, so maybe they'll be ready.)

this morning my throat is dry and cratchy and I have a headache.
I just hate that cratchy throat thing.

Oh, whine, whine, whine. Just bring some marshmallows and enjoy it. :thedolls: Besides, judging from a news report I saw the other night, it might be the ipods that induce the fiery inferno.

Then again, the high winds coming out of this thread might put the fires out pretty quickly anyway, knowwhatImean?

Speaking of fiery infernos, did I mention the burned out hulk that was at the ocean end of one of the rows of RVs at the campground? Happened before we got there, but it's pretty creepy looking. Best I know, no one was hurt. Looks like it was about a 40' bus camper (Class A for those that know their campers). You could even see the burned-up food in the burned-up pantry.

pogo
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
Boy you guys talked a lot today... no time to reply to it all.

I had a busy day and tomorrow is more of the same.

Is the world prepared for this? Is Myrtle Beach prepared for two of us in the same place? (I've put all thier emergency systems on standby this weekend, so maybe they'll be ready.)

As well you should have. Did you order a little extra Geritol ?????? :confused:

Patti and I party until around 10:00 PM now a days ! Think you can keep up ???? :D

BriarRose0708
04-07-2008, 10:28 PM
I just hate that cratchy throat thing.

Yeah, a cratchy throat is worse than a scratchy throat.

Who wants to guess the cause of our latest fire alarm????

BronxTigger
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
My friend dropped her cell phone today into the kitchen sink. It's a goner. Now, she has to wait a WHOLE WEEK for her new phone to come in the mail. She does not know what she is going to do. AND, she lost ALL her phone numbers. WHAT is she going to do?

So today, I'm at CVS looking at the Mother's Day cards and they now sell a "value pack". There were 6 identical cards! Who has 6 mothers? :confused:

Granted, I know many people send Mother's Day cards to aunts, grandmas, etc, but the SAME card? Too generic!

drummerboy
04-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Patti and I party until around 10:00 PM now a days ! Think you can keep up ???? :D
Hey, a good slug of Geritol, an extra 14-16 hours of sleep the day before, and I'm ready for anything.

Has anybody seen the email that's been making the rounds showing the husband/wife ballet team? Unbelievable. Even the music is incredible.

disneydeb
04-07-2008, 10:35 PM
My friend dropped her cell phone today into the kitchen sink. It's a goner. Now, she has to wait a WHOLE WEEK for her new phone to come in the mail. She does not know what she is going to do. AND, she lost ALL her phone numbers. WHAT is she going to do?

So today, I'm at CVS looking at the Mother's Day cards and they now sell a "value pack". There were 6 identical cards! Who has 6 mothers? :confused:
[/SIZE]

Those cards were supposed to go to litters of kittens or puppies.

or

It is a sad statement of the world as it is today.

but

Who is to question it?

Caroleh
04-07-2008, 11:16 PM

Is that suppose to be for Jon and Kate + 8? The kids give all the same card to their mother, so no one is buttering up.

Hey, Pogo, do you guys need someone there to record this meeting, so when people are having trouble sleeping, they can watch it? We'll market it and sell as a Drummerboy Discount Sleep Aid. :D

pogo
04-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Hey, Pogo, do you guys need someone there to record this meeting, so when people are having trouble sleeping, they can watch it? We'll market it and sell as a Drummerboy Discount Sleep Aid.

Oh ..... you are just jealous....:mad: ..... admit it !

Why would we want somebody else there ???? We'll have our DW's. What more do we need. :D

Hey ............ has anybody seen Diane ???

Just in case she checks in.... this :fresh: is for her.

Hey Diane..... Deal.... or ...No... Deal ???? :confused:

drummerboy
04-08-2008, 12:16 AM
1. Oh ..... you are just jealous....:mad: ..... admit it !

2. Why would we want somebody else there ???? We'll have our DW's. What more do we need. :D
1. She so wishes she could meet the President and CEO of DDUI and the Head Possumator.

2. Will you and I even need to do any talking?

Why didn't somebody tell me that VMK is shutting down in May? Now I'll acutally have to work at work.

BronxTigger
04-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Why didn't somebody tell me that VMK is shutting down in May? Now I'll acutally have to work at work.

Wait....WHAT?!?!

disneydeb
04-08-2008, 06:46 AM
Morning all! This is achievement test week.:thedolls:

Wish me luck, OK?

Make it a good one!

pogo
04-08-2008, 07:08 AM
1. She so wishes she could meet the President and CEO of DDUI and the Head Possumator.

2. Will you and I even need to do any talking?

I'm sure the wives will talk enough for both of us. We can just sit there and sip our drink. ;)

Morning all! This is achievement test week.

Wish me luck, OK?

Make it a good one!
Did you study for this ?????? :D

offwego
04-08-2008, 07:24 AM
Morning all, Tea and or Coffee is up. Has anyone seen Ellen or heard from T & G..I hope all is ok with both of them.

Jared, that class sounds cool & if it makes you feel better my phone is on in pretty much everything but church. (and yes it rings when I'm not working all the time.) When will you know if you got that class?

Caroleh
04-08-2008, 07:51 AM

2. Why didn't somebody tell me that VMK is shutting down in May? Now I'll acutally have to work at work.

1. You got it, Ken!!! It's not that I want to see Pogo again, I want to meet you!!! Hey Buddy...:hug:

2. I read that yesterday about VMK. You'll have to figure out something more to do. Find more stuff for Cameron to do!!!

Morning all, Tea and or Coffee is up. Has anyone seen Ellen or heard from T & G..I hope all is ok with both of them.

I haven't heard from them or Blythe. Has anyone heard how her tests turned out? I hope she's okay.

MissStyles
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Good morning - everybody ready to tackle this tubular Tuesday?

Hey I just realized that TODAY is my 1-year anniversary of joining Intercot! :party: Wow! It's been a great year! Emily, how about a nice sheet cake to celebrate??? :thumbsup:

Happy Anniversary! You're still a youngin' but we're glad you made it through an entire year. Aint it fun being addicted? I hope you like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Mickey'sGirl
04-08-2008, 08:32 AM
When I was at MK last week, I was enjoying Small World (yes I enjoy it!) and some person behind me in the boat was taking a business call!!! When we were loading into the stretching room at the HM in March, there was a guy doing the same thing.... mind boggling isn't it?

Is the world prepared for this? Is Myrtle Beach prepared for two of us in the same place?I can see the swirling black clouds from here! :hide2:

So today, I'm at CVS looking at the Mother's Day cards and they now sell a "value pack". There were 6 identical cards! Who has 6 mothers? :confused:I laughed out loud..... nothing says I thought long and hard about which card to purchase for my dear mom like a box of identical cards!

Morning all, Tea and or Coffee is up. Coffee please.... and a gingersnap if you have one....

Happy Tuesday -- we're going to the ballgame with my parents tonight.... Wish us luck!

drummerboy
04-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Wait....WHAT?!?!

Yup. Yavn (guess he's the head kingdomator) has a long explanation on the announcement board about how VMK was just a promotional event for DL's 50th, etc. and it's time to shut it down. May 21 will be the last day (and it will probably be impossible to get on that day).

Anybody want to go in to work for me today? Sure is hard to go back, even after a mini vacation.

BriarRose0708
04-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Has anybody seen the email that's been making the rounds showing the husband/wife ballet team? Unbelievable. Even the music is incredible.

No, but I would love to! if I sent my e-mail to you in a pm would you forward it to me?

drummerboy
04-08-2008, 10:45 AM
No, but I would love to! if I sent my e-mail to you in a pm would you forward it to me?
Sure (assuming DW hasn't deleted it).

Is it time for lunch yet?

pogo
04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Wow.... I come on for a quick zoop at lunch and there's nobody to play with.

Where did everybody go ???? :(

Nascfan
04-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Yup. Yavn (guess he's the head kingdomator) has a long explanation on the announcement board about how VMK was just a promotional event for DL's 50th, etc. and it's time to shut it down. May 21 will be the last day (and it will probably be impossible to get on that day).

Well that stinks! My daughter just found it not too long ago and has been enjoying the Disney fix she gets.

Speaking of daughter, she got out on the course for the first time this year yesterday. Oh, she's going to like her new clubs!

Are there any cookies left?

Caroleh
04-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I've decided that I must work for a real intelligent company.:confused: Two buildings away from us had a fire, a gas fire, in which they couldn't shut off the gas valve. The police shut off the street that went in front of our store and attached police tape to the front door.The police told me that they didn't know how long it would take to get the fire out because of the gas. My supervisor is gone on vacation, so I called our head office and told them the situation. When I told them that the road was closed and nobody could get to the store, including my assistant manager, so at 1:30 I would be by myself. They expected me to stay open except they didn't like the idea of me by myself. Excuse me, gas fire, explosion, no way. I told them the police didn't know how long it would take, so they slowly decided I could close. It's pretty bad when the bottom line is staying opening just in case 1 customer gets through the police tape. Meanwhile they want to pay me to stay in the store by myself with no customers..:confused:

When I left the store the police told me the fire was pretty much out, but it would be quite awhile before they opened the street. So why am I feeling guilty that it's a beautiful day outside and I'm at home?

offwego
04-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Carol, would it make you feel better I've I had to work with no power? I'm not sure what good a bank is with no computer but I guess we keep trying to find out..the difference is one is supposed to lock the doors and let each client in and out one at a time. How bizzare would that be?

disneydeb
04-08-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes , Pogo. I have been giving this sort of test for 30 years now, but there is always something different about it. I ago over the test prep before each test.

Should we say something about the December meet over in the Meet Section?

Caroleh
04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Carol, would it make you feel better I've I had to work with no power? I'm not sure what good a bank is with no computer but I guess we keep trying to find out..the difference is one is supposed to lock the doors and let each client in and out one at a time. How bizzare would that be?

We're lucky that if we lose power, we chase all the customers out, lock the doors, wait for 45 minutes and if the power doesn't come back on then we can leave. But I can't understand what they didn't understand about there's a fire and they can't get to the main gas valve to shut it off. Also the fact that there was police tape blocking the entrance to the store and nobody could get even near the store. The police had the road blocked off 2 blocks to the west of us and even further down to the east of us. I'm off until Thursday now, but I've had a headache shortly after the fire began and it's slowly getting better, do you think it could be because of fumes? I'm going to let our head office know..that way it was a major safety issue for my staff and myself. The police had actually told the business in the building next to us to close down...the people that worked there was concerned for us also.

Don't you wonder sometimes what people are thinking when it comes to running a business? What I thought was kinda funny is we had 2 people in the store shopping. I had told them what was going on and that we were closing at 1:30. They were more worried if they could continue to shop and if they could leave when they were finished more then they worried if they'd all go boom!!! :confused:

Sorry about my rant!!!:blush:

Jasper
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Speaking of fiery infernos, did I mention the burned out hulk that was at the ocean end of one of the rows of RVs at the campground? Happened before we got there, but it's pretty creepy looking. Best I know, no one was hurt. Looks like it was about a 40' bus camper (Class A for those that know their campers). You could even see the burned-up food in the burned-up pantry.

Isn't that a weird thing to see? We have some friends who bought a brand new pull behind travel trailer a couple of years ago and about 6 months after they purchased it the wiring in the walls shorted out and burned about half the trailer before it was put out. Fortunately they were at home with the trailer parked in the driveway so no one was in it when it happened.

The even crazier thing is that even after the insurance company and the fire examiner both decided that it was electrical in nature our friends still had a major fight on their hands with the manufacturer to get it covered under their warranty!

Actually you would be amazed at how many mothers some kids have now. My wife works for the county health department taking care of birth and death records. With all the divorces, marriages, and single parents later getting married she is constantly having people come in and want to change the name of the parents on birth certificates. The world we live in is very much a yours, mine, and ours situation with kids.

I've decided that I must work for a real intelligent company.:confused: Two buildings away from us had a fire, a gas fire, in which they couldn't shut off the gas valve. The police shut off the street that went in front of our store and attached police tape to the front door.The police told me that they didn't know how long it would take to get the fire out because of the gas. My supervisor is gone on vacation, so I called our head office and told them the situation. When I told them that the road was closed and nobody could get to the store, including my assistant manager, so at 1:30 I would be by myself. They expected me to stay open except they didn't like the idea of me by myself. Excuse me, gas fire, explosion, no way. I told them the police didn't know how long it would take, so they slowly decided I could close. It's pretty bad when the bottom line is staying opening just in case 1 customer gets through the police tape. Meanwhile they want to pay me to stay in the store by myself with no customers..:confused:

When I left the store the police told me the fire was pretty much out, but it would be quite awhile before they opened the street. So why am I feeling guilty that it's a beautiful day outside and I'm at home?

Glad to hear you got out safely and that they managed to contain the fire. It is amazing how times like this show you what your companies values really are!

offwego
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Carol the customers wanted to stay? That's pretty odd as well. (I mean I can almost understand wanting cash money but emergency fabric?)

The headache is way more likley to be stress then the gas, I'm sure glad your feeling better though. I hope your head office gets a better understanding of it after you talk to it as that just sounds bizzare!)

So anyone else with anything weird happening or is Carol are star newstory?

And Jasper if it makes you feel better my son was about 8-9 before he realized having two grandpa's on mom's side might be a bit more then most folks got. It hardly phased him at all.

Tink&Goofy
04-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Frustrating isn't it? Some folks just don't seem to understand that the whole world doesn't want to know what is going on in their life.

A coworker of mine was on the crowded city bus one evening when the guy next to her was on the phone apparently making a stock trade or transfer or something. He proceeded to give his name, his account number, and even the last 4 digits of his social security number. When he was done, my coworker said "excuse me, I missed the last 2 digits of the account number, could you repeat them?":laughing:. He said "That was a private conversation!!". All the people around him burst out laughing.:funny: He then continued, saying "how dare you listen in....:mad:". She said "did we have any choice?":high5:

I've decided that I must work for a real intelligent company.:confused: Two buildings away from us had a fire, a gas fire, in which they couldn't shut off the gas valve.
I can beat that one. I work in a 17 story building. When the fire alarm goes off, we hear a recording "There has been a fire reported in the building, while this report is being verified, the building manager asks that you stay in your work area". Excuse me, but isn't that why we have fire alarms???:confused:

When I worked at a bank years ago, we would close when the power went out, since we would have no alarm system, or security cameras.

Very busy day today made worse by not feeling my best. The stress of the news Sunday, and having plugged ears since my return, have caught up with me. Today I took DD16 to early choir, then DD5 to Kindergarten, then DD13 to the orthodontist to get her braces off (yeah!), registered the youngest for 1st grade, picked up the now brace free DD, and took her to school, all before 9:00!! Made it to work, where thankfully I had a 'Lunch & Learn" training, or I never would have eaten. Left early to pick up DD16 after a choir competition. Now home long enought to eat, then she has to be somewhere by 7:00. Wow....

I think I will need another Starbucks to get through the evening. Anyone have any?

offwego
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I think I will need another Starbucks to get through the evening. Anyone have any?

I can make you a chai latte would that help? T & G I'm so glad to see you around I've been thinking of you.

Hope your day tommorow is easier and we've missed you!

alpro2
04-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Zoop!

How is everyone? :D

drummerboy
04-08-2008, 10:23 PM
And Jasper if it makes you feel better my son was about 8-9 before he realized having two grandpa's on mom's side might be a bit more then most folks got. It hardly phased him at all.
At DD2's wedding rehearsal, the preacher called for the family members to gather in front of the rail for a picture. A huge passel of people started to come and he said, "This is just for immediate family." Everybody said, "We know," and kept on coming. Sometimes I say that our family has more steps than the Washington Monument.

Hey Alex, 'sup?

pogo
04-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I can beat that one.
Why do you always try to beat up everybody ???? :D

Where have you been ????? :confused:

Zoop!

How is everyone?
Just fine, thank you ! :D And you ????

At DD2's wedding rehearsal, the preacher called for the family members to gather in front of the rail for a picture. A huge passel of people started to come and he said, "This is just for immediate family." Everybody said, "We know," and kept on coming. Sometimes I say that our family has more steps than the Washington Monument.

The Campbells are a fertile bunch, huh ??? :D

Tink&Goofy
04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
Should we say something about the December meet over in the Meet Section?
Why? I thought it was a "JQ" meet? Doesn't that mean that ALL JQ people MUST attend??

I can make you a chai latte would that help? T & G I'm so glad to see you around I've been thinking of you.

Thanks. I'll pass on the chai though. Not feeling great, and I'm sure stress is only making it worse. :( Not a very good end to the weekend. But I'm still determined to try to get my trip reports done! (I'll have to do it soon, or the details start to fade :blush:).

pogo
04-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks. I'll pass on the chai though. Not feeling great, and I'm sure stress is only making it worse. :( Not a very good end to the weekend. But I'm still determined to try to get my trip reports done! (I'll have to do it soon, or the details start to fade :blush:).
What happened ????? ....... I missed it. :blush:

Caroleh
04-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Very busy day today made worse by not feeling my best. The stress of the news Sunday, and having plugged ears since my return, have caught up with me.

Hi T & G, hope you get to feeling better soon!! I received your card today. Thank you so very much!!!!

Zoop!

How is everyone? :D

Hi there, Stranger!! Where have you been hiding?

I got great news tonight!! I became a great aunt again today!!! My niece had another little girl. They named her Emma Marie. I guess Emma's big sister, Jaden was really happy that she has a new little sister. I think this means I'll have another Disney fan on my hands!!! My niece is a Disney fan and Jaden loves Mickey and Princesses. Can you see me bouncing?:mjump:

Where's Blythe been?

Tink&Goofy
04-08-2008, 11:06 PM
What happened ????? ....... I missed it. :blush:
Its posted in the water cooler :(

Hi T & G, hope you get to feeling better soon!! I received your card today. Thank you so very much!!!!

Where's Blythe been?

You're welcome. I can't believe it took a week and a half to get to you!
Congrats on the great niece!!

Anyone heard from Blythe??

I'm still working on trip reports.....

Beast_fanatic
04-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Sounds like you need some :pixie: for your big toe!! So did you get the yard work done before it got too painful to walk on? The few times we have needed to use a roller in the past I always rigged up a way to hook it up behind my riding lawn mower or borrowed an ATV from friends to do the same thing. It sure saves on the back and in your case the toes to do it that way!

Thanks for the pixie dust! Yes, we got the yardwork done. After I doctored it and put 3 bandaids on it, I managed to get my tennis shoe back on, and as long as I didn't move it wrong, it wasn't too bad. All 3 bandaids had blood on them when I took them off a couple of hours later, but it wasn't bleeding any more at that point. It's quite a bit better now. Still sensitive if I touch it or whack it, and still quite purple, but no longer oozing and it doesn't seem swollen or anything.

We don't have a riding lawn mower, so that plan wouldn't have worked for us. We have a relatively small yard, and the next door neighbor mows it for us. In return, his kids and wife use our pool in the summer.

I hope you like carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

With or without raisins?

I ago over the test prep before each test.

Huh? Do you think that maybe you are the one that should be taking the test? ;)

BriarRose0708
04-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Anyone want some pancakes? My students held a fundraiser tonight for our Relay for Life team by holding a late night breakfast. We raised over $50, which is good for a building of freshmen who have no money!

I hope everything's ok with Blythe, I know she was waiting to hear from her doctor about some tests. Lots of prayers and good thoughts for her!

If I brought Starbucks tomorrow, would that lure Christine out of wherever she's been hiding?:search:

disneydeb
04-09-2008, 06:45 AM
:Rhonda, When I posted I ago over the test directions....

The [B]a[B] on ago was a left hand typo, probably due to a stroke a few years ago.. I try to clean up my posts before they are posted, but I miss a lot of them - sorry:blush:

My DD Amy downloaded a lot of Disney ringtones to my phone last night. Yippee!!

Go Lady VOLS!:basket:

What will we put in everybody's gift basket today?:mickey:

offwego
04-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Morning all, Does anyone want some oatmeal? Or apples? Not much of the fun stuff hanging about this am.

Hope your all having a good day..

pogo
04-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Good morning all..... the weather has been pretty good around here. Yesterday it got up to 73 F and lots of :sun: ! Patti and I have been out walking every day after work.... that is if we haven't been working in the yard. Have you got your yard work done ??? :D

Anyone heard from Blythe??

I hope everything's ok with Blythe, I know she was waiting to hear from her doctor about some tests. Lots of prayers and good thoughts for her!
I've been hounding her and she replied that the trip to the Doctor went well with some tests scheduled for Thursday. She said she was busy doing yard work over the weekend. (I think she has been lurking, but with all the :blah: she hasn't posted.) Lets send her a :grouphug:

Go Lady VOLS!:basket:

What will we put in everybody's gift basket today?

How about a National Championship ! Number 8 !:D

sorarail
04-09-2008, 07:45 AM
How is everyone on this fine morning? I have my usual pot of tea ready. Would anyone care for a cup?

Good morning all..... the weather has been pretty good around here. Yesterday it got up to 73 F and lots of :sun: ! Patti and I have been out walking every day after work.... that is if we haven't been working in the yard. Have you got your yard work done ???

As a matter of fact, yes, for now - DH and I weeded most of the flower beds over the weekend and we finished the azalea bed last night after work. Whew - we get to wait a couple of weeks and then the weeding will start all over again. :)

How about a National Championship ! Number 8 !:D

How about it? Pat Head Summit rocks!

Hope ya'll have a grand day!

MissStyles
04-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Why? I thought it was a "JQ" meet? Doesn't that mean that ALL JQ people MUST attend??

Yes mandatory attendance is required. So we'll see you December then? :mickey:

I got great news tonight!! I became a great aunt again today!!!

Congratulations!!!! :hug:

With or without raisins?

Sans raisins.......there's some left if you'd like a slice!

Morning all, Does anyone want some oatmeal? Or apples? Not much of the fun stuff hanging about this am.

I've got the same here...along with broccoli and hummus. Everyone at work thinks I'm so healthy....if they only knew the amount of cookies I consume at home and at JQU. :blush:

Good morning all..... the weather has been pretty good around here. Yesterday it got up to 73 F and lots of :sun: ! Patti and I have been out walking every day after work.... that is if we haven't been working in the yard. Have you got your yard work done ??? :D

What's yard work?

drummerboy
04-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Its posted in the water cooler :(
I don't know how I missed that before, but I'm sorry to hear about it.

The [B]a[B] on ago was a left hand typo, probably due to a stroke a few years ago.. I try to clean up my posts before they are posted, but I miss a lot of them - sorry:blush:

Well, sinc non of the reest of us mak typos... :D Part of the fun of this thread is catching the unintentional puns, etc. that come out of each others' typos.

Pogo, at the moment you're having better weather than we are in the sunny south. It should be pretty nice by the time you get here though.

Anybody got some zip they can lend me today?

Caroleh
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Have you got your yard work done ??? :D

Lets send her a :grouphug:

I'm still waiting for my yard!!! Right now it's all dirt and junk from the construction crew. I notice the guys are out cleaning up some of the yards, but not ours yet. Plus we have a mound of dirt between our house and the neighbors. I've been out on the belcony a few times, trying to convince Mittens that it is okay to go out there. Now I need to convince Gilles we need a grill and a couple of small chairs!!! I guess I should finish the inside of the house before worrying about the outside!!!

Blythe....:hug:

T & G...it never surprises me about how long things take to get across the border with customs. One time it took 2 months for some pictures my niece sent me of Jaden. After that we decided to have her just email me pictures if possible.

Did I mention I was a great auntie again? Can you tell I'm excited and live through my niece and nephews because the DD doesn't want children?:D

pogo
04-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Pogo, at the moment you're having better weather than we are in the sunny south. It should be pretty nice by the time you get here though.

OK.... you come here this weekend and we'll come down there next weekend !

Does that work for you ???? :D

As a matter of fact, yes, for now - DH and I weeded most of the flower beds over the weekend and we finished the azalea bed last night after work. Whew - we get to wait a couple of weeks and then the weeding will start all over again.

I'd offer to help you when you start again in a couple of weeks but we'll be too busy being on vacation ! I hope the azalea's will be in bloom when we visit Brookgreen Gardens on the 21st.

Any chance of that ??? :D

Jasper
04-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Hey all! Just zooping in for a moment to see how everyone is doing. We are watching it rain here again. However it is in the 60's so we can't complain about that. However we just got the rivers going down again from last week's rain so they are shooting right back up again. They are also saying that there is a chance of severe weather overnight tonight. They have not really defined it any more than that so I am hoping it is just a chance and not a certainty.

Anyway, I will probably not be on much again before next week because I have a ton of things to get done before I have my thyroid surgery on Friday. Can you say major procrastinator?

Hope everyone has a great end of the week and weekend.

trackbarroness
04-09-2008, 01:46 PM
how's everyones' day going so far?
Today is my Saturday and it's turned out to be a beautiful day. Someone forgot to turn on the coffee this morning, was it me that was suppose to make the beverages? I forget. :D lololol

Nascfan
04-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Sandy! In 65 days we're coming to see you! Are you ready for us? :mickey: Actually, it will be 68 days from now before we get to the Magic Kingdom, but still, we'll be at WDW.

How's everyone doing? Just time for a quick zoop. It's windy but pretty nice out here today.

disneydeb
04-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Pixie Dust:pixie::pixie: and a large:grouphug: for Ellen and Blythe as they go have proceedures tomorrow.

Are there any others going to the Docs tomorrow?

Caroleh
04-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Where's Di been lately and how did she do for Deal or No Deal?

Jenn has been quiet also, so I'll just have to do a joke for her:

How do you fix a broken tomato?

offwego
04-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Pixie Dust:pixie::pixie: and a large:grouphug: for Ellen and Blythe as they go have proceedures tomorrow.?
:exactly:

Would that be with tomato paste perhaps?

(and folks when you live in a town with a giant tomato as the town tourist information booth your going to have heard any given tomato joke trust me)

So what's everyone up to more yard work? Rhonda are we all being inspired by you?

Tink&Goofy
04-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I've been hounding her and she replied that the trip to the Doctor went well with some tests scheduled for Thursday. She said she was busy doing yard work over the weekend. (I think she has been lurking, but with all the :blah: she hasn't posted.) Lets send her a :grouphug:

Here's a :hug: for you Blythe. I hope things are going well. If you want to chat, I'm just a "PM" away!

Yes mandatory attendance is required. So we'll see you December then? :mickey:

You're buying the tickets, right? Remember, there are 5 of us! :D

OK, I'll bite. How?

Still not up to full speed, but feeling just a smidgeon better than yesterday. I felt much better when I got home, and the Disney packages had arrived!! DD got a huge snowglobe of sorcerer Mickey looking into the globe. Very cool. I got wine glasses with Mickey ears etched on them. I only got 2 - I wish I had gotten more. Oh well, next trip! ;)

So whose up for some spring skiing? It is still snowing on the mountain, and they have a 234 inch base! :ski:

Caroleh
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM

:exactly:

Would that be with tomato paste perhaps?

(and folks when you live in a town with a giant tomato as the town tourist information booth your going to have heard any given tomato joke trust me)

Very good, Natalie!!! I had forgot about you living in the tomato capital of Ontario!! My DD text messaged me that one today. I thought she was being serious because she has asked me things like that before.

I really wish I had a yard, the way it sounds the builders are going to start working on the landscaping this summer. I'm not sure how much yard I'm going to end up with.

So, how was everyone's hump day?

offwego
04-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Carol, don't worry about forgeting. I had no clue that you could put that many tomatoes in one town till I moved here. It's mind boggling.

T & G nice to see you, wine glasses are on Dh's shopping list for next time as well.

So anyone else waiting for the deal or no deal update? Now you've got me thinking about it Carol and I'm really wondering...

Caroleh
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
T & G nice to see you, wine glasses are on Dh's shopping list for next time as well.

I think I'll need some too!! I was trying to convince Gilles to get them last time we were there but he kept saying they'd get broken on the trip home. I think I'll bring an old pattern(the tissue paper) with me to wrap the glasses in and put in my carry on. I know if we wrap them well, it should be okay since our movers didn't handle our box marked "china, frigile, handle with care." very well...they had it upside down.:mad: He's now asking for a giant Mickey coffee cup!!!

How much Disney stuff do you have in your homes? (I'm trying to convince Gilles our house doesn't have enough Disney stuff!!)

disneydeb
04-09-2008, 11:21 PM
80º tommorrow afternoon!

Whee doggies!

Ya'll sleep well, ya hear?

goodnight Pogo boy :D

pogo
04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
OK...... which one of you broke Intercot last night ???? :D

drummerboy
04-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I done tol' everybody that all this hot air on JQ was going to overheat the system, didn't I?

DisneyDudet
04-10-2008, 09:50 AM
Maybe our storm last night broke it?

Rhonda, did you survive? I heard Allen on the radio today, so I hope you guys are ok! What hit you formed right over us at the hosptal!! We lost power, but got back up generator immediately. On my way home, there were lots of trees down, some split in half, one large tree was down, roots and all. Some of the P.O.D.S storage things were thrown around, all sorts of fun! Luckily I ate breakfast after work to let the 820 problem disappear.

Hope everyone survived the storm last night... evidently Intercot didn't!

Beast_fanatic
04-10-2008, 10:15 AM

Rhonda, did you survive? I heard Allen on the radio today, so I hope you guys are ok! What hit you formed right over us at the hosptal!! We lost power, but got back up generator immediately. On my way home, there were lots of trees down, some split in half, one large tree was down, roots and all. Some of the P.O.D.S storage things were thrown around, all sorts of fun! Luckily I ate breakfast after work to let the 820 problem disappear.

I'm fine! Our neighorhood didn't seem to have much, if any, damage, but I saw quite a bit on my way to work including broken branches, stop signs and fences blown over, shingles off roofs, and even a chimney blown over. Glad to hear you're OK too, Morgan!

Did I miss anything yesterday? Boards went down last night before I got to JQ. I'll be out of touch today too, so hopefully I can catch up tonight!

pogo
04-10-2008, 10:39 AM

I'm fine! Our neighorhood didn't seem to have much, if any, damage, but I saw quite a bit on my way to work including broken branches, stop signs and fences blown over, shingles off roofs, and even a chimney blown over. Glad to hear you're OK too, Morgan!

Did I miss anything yesterday? Boards went down last night before I got to JQ. I'll be out of touch today too, so hopefully I can catch up tonight!

OK..... why do you live in an area with tornado's and such ???? :confused:

offwego
04-10-2008, 12:07 PM
Afternoon all, Carol to answer your question, we have some kitchen stuff (sugar bowls, spoon rest & a tea towel or two) Christmas stuff for sure and then depends on how you count pictures.

Do those count? Coffee anyone?

Mickey'sGirl
04-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Do those count? It all counts!

We have kitchen dishes for 12, silverware for 12, "outdoor" wineglasses, a mantle clock, statues of the 5 pals, a cookie jar ..... it's subtle, yet pervasive ... Except for Euan's room which is not subtle! We just received the last collection of animated shorts (post-war) -- and there was a card of the original Fantasia poster in it -- so we framed it in one of our many "just in case we need one" Mickey Mouse frames and put it on Euey's dresser..... Fantastic! I digress...

Hope you are all well -- What's for lunch out there? I'm having Mulligatawny soup and a V8.

Anyone hear how Di did at her try-out?:confused:

offwego
04-10-2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Mickey'sGirl;Hope you are all well -- What's for lunch out there? I'm having Mulligatawny soup and a V8. :[/QUOTE]

That sounds good, I'm having left over pizza. with cold coffee. Does that mean someones going to come smack me in the head?

sorarail
04-10-2008, 02:42 PM
:lurk: Anyone around this afternoon? Another crazy, busy day. I don't have much free time to play on JQ any more. :cry:

I'd offer to help you when you start again in a couple of weeks but we'll be too busy being on vacation ! I hope the azalea's will be in bloom when we visit Brookgreen Gardens on the 21st.

Any chance of that ??? :D

Some of our azaleas are already bloomed out. Our indicas are finished. Our natives are in full bloom right now. The satzukis are justing starting to bloom and gumpos will start blooming next month. In other words, it depends on what kind of azaleas are planted at Brookgreen.

I'm having left over pizza. with cold coffee. Does that mean someones going to come smack me in the head?

I like leftover pizza, but I prefer with a cold :beer: And I won't smack you in the head, because I think you're a nice person!:D

drummerboy
04-10-2008, 02:58 PM
That sounds good, I'm having left over pizza. with cold coffee. Does that mean someones going to come smack me in the head?
There's probably enough vegetable matter in the pizza that you can avoid the V-8 knock. Might be interesting to hear the 'ping' sound though, eh?

offwego
04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
There's probably enough vegetable matter in the pizza that you can avoid the V-8 knock. Might be interesting to hear the 'ping' sound though, eh?

Well it had red peppers, green peppers, olives, tomatoes and onion on it. Plus the sauce. No :beer: though. Could have used one. Anyone else get tired of work from time to time?

Jasper
04-10-2008, 03:10 PM
We don't have a riding lawn mower, so that plan wouldn't have worked for us. We have a relatively small yard, and the next door neighbor mows it for us. In return, his kids and wife use our pool in the summer.

Glad to hear that your toe is getting better. I don't know if it is because we walk on the injury or what but messed up toes seem to hurt so much worse and so much longer than other kinds of injuries.

Oh, and do you want some new neighbors? I have kids that can mow your lawn and am sure we can keep the pool clean as well!!

sorarail
04-10-2008, 03:21 PM
Well it had red peppers, green peppers, olives, tomatoes and onion on it. Plus the sauce. No :beer: though. Could have used one. Anyone else get tired of work from time to time?

Sounds yummy...I especially like leftover vegetable pizza.:thumbsup:

I am sick of work right now...I want to go outside and play. Anyone else suffering from severe spring fever?

MissStyles
04-10-2008, 03:22 PM
:lurk: Anyone around this afternoon?

I'm here but not for much longer. Did we all survive the boards' outtage again?

It all counts!

We have kitchen dishes for 12, silverware for 12, "outdoor" wineglasses, a mantle clock, statues of the 5 pals, a cookie jar ..... it's subtle, yet pervasive ... Except for Euan's room which is not subtle! We just received the last collection of animated shorts (post-war) -- and there was a card of the original Fantasia poster in it -- so we framed it in one of our many "just in case we need one" Mickey Mouse frames and put it on Euey's dresser..... Fantastic! I digress...

Hope you are all well -- What's for lunch out there? I'm having Mulligatawny soup and a V8.

Anyone hear how Di did at her try-out?:confused:

The kitchen stuff is the best. My favorite is the mickey hand pasta stirrer thingie. :thumbsup:

Maybe she made it to the show and they flew her out there immediately?!!?

Every Thursday and Friday I do. Mon-Wed I actually don't mind it as much, but by Thurs I'm done! ps. Nice pizza choice, you'll definitely avoid a wack with those toppings.

Beast_fanatic
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM

The [B]a[B] on ago was a left hand typo, probably due to a stroke a few years ago.. I try to clean up my posts before they are posted, but I miss a lot of them - sorry

You know I just like to kid you, right? :D

Well, sinc non of the reest of us mak typos... Part of the fun of this thread is catching the unintentional puns, etc. that come out of each others' typos.

Yeah, what he said. Only in English. ;)

OK..... why do you live in an area with tornado's and such ????

Because we live in Texas?

I have kids that can mow your lawn and am sure we can keep the pool clean as well!!

Cleaning the pool would be a nice bonus. My neighbor actually offered if I'd show her how, but I think getting the yard taken care of is plenty (they wouldn't even have to do that, but I think the husband likes doing it).

Jasper
04-10-2008, 03:55 PM
So are any of you planning on flying in the next month or two? I was just reading an article that said that the inspection problems at American Airlines is going to spread to basically all the other U.S. airlines and that the number of canceled flights so far is just a drop in the bucket compared to what is going to end up happening!

offwego
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
Nope Jasper, it looks crazy thought doesn't it?

And who knows how far it will go, however clearly it's a good thing. And since I always fly out of the states I'd far rather know the planes are safe.

So what's for dinner folks? We are having roast beef, roast potatoes and carrots and brocolli. Gotta love a hubby who can cook. And DS made the rub!

dlpmikki
04-10-2008, 05:01 PM
So are any of you planning on flying in the next month or two? I was just reading an article that said that the inspection problems at American Airlines is going to spread to basically all the other U.S. airlines and that the number of canceled flights so far is just a drop in the bucket compared to what is going to end up happening!

I'm flying in about 12 days time - not on an American plane though. But I don't think it matters who you fly with at the moment. Did you know Virgin are having delays of around 6 hours at the moment? I'm not looking forward to all that hanging around airports!

Jasper
04-10-2008, 05:14 PM
So what's for dinner folks? We are having roast beef, roast potatoes and carrots and brocolli. Gotta love a hubby who can cook. And DS made the rub!

So what time is dinner? I'll see if I can get there in time because yours sounds so much better than the hot dogs or Banquet Pot Pies that I am looking at this evening!

I'm flying in about 12 days time - not on an American plane though. But I don't think it matters who you fly with at the moment. Did you know Virgin are having delays of around 6 hours at the moment? I'm not looking forward to all that hanging around airports!

Yeah, from what I have seen I think the airline industry around the entire world is in pretty bad shape. You know what I don't understand is that the airline industry seems to constantly be in trouble in various ways. How can an entire industry go on in such bad shape decade after decade? You would think that sooner or later they would either figure out how to make it work efficiently or it would just collapse under its own weight.

Of course an industry like this is so important that the governments around the world will continue to keep it limping along because this beats the heck out of not having any airlines at all.

offwego
04-10-2008, 05:14 PM
Well just remember not to behave like a supermodel ok? We don't want Figaro reporting from behind bars.

Jasper
04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Well just remember not to behave like a supermodel ok? We don't want Figaro reporting from behind bars.

:funny::funny::funny: Oh, I wish I had thought of that one!!

So is Ms. Campbell free or is she still behind bars?

offwego
04-10-2008, 07:26 PM
:funny::funny::funny: Oh, I wish I had thought of that one!!

I think she's out but she's unhappy as BA doesn't want her business anymore. Why not I wonder?

Tink&Goofy
04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Usually the first one to speak up is the guilty party! :D

Why do you live in an area that gets so much snow, when you don't like it?? :confused:

How much Disney stuff do you have in your homes? (I'm trying to convince Gilles our house doesn't have enough Disney stuff!!)
Actually, not too much - unless you count the video shelves, or DD16's bedroom - now THATS overload! I love the wine glasses! I also got the the Mickey glove oven mitt.

Sounds yummy...I especially like leftover vegetable pizza.:thumbsup:

Veggie pizza is my favorite!

So are any of you planning on flying in the next month or two?
Actually, yes. I'll be heading to South Carolina within the month. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of airline, since I have to stick to a "contract carrier" (which is Delta in this case). The only good part is its not on my dime, so if there is a delay and I get stuck, I'm covered, AND I'll still get paid...

Where are Blythe and Diane???

Caroleh
04-10-2008, 08:04 PM

Ummmmmm, Buddym I think it was you and Alex swinging those golf clubs.

So what's for dinner folks?

Your dinner sounds great, Nat!! I had eggs, toast and hash browns.

Why I asked about what you have of Disney in your house, is that I have Tink decals in my studios and I wanted a few more small things around the house. Gilles thought I was being silly, but I'm changing his mind!!

Did everyone have a great day today? Has anyone seen Blythe or Di? I'm really getting worried about them.

drummerboy
04-10-2008, 08:08 PM

I think we'll have to have a family chat with cousin Naomi.

Actually, yes. I'll be heading to South Carolina within the month. Where are Blythe and Diane???
Did you ever say what part of SC you're going to?

And I'm wondering where Blythe and Diane are too. We may have to get the phone committee together.

Tink&Goofy
04-10-2008, 08:11 PM
IDid you ever say what part of SC you're going to?

And I'm wondering where Blythe and Diane are too. We may have to get the phone committee together.
Columbia to start - but maybe more, I don't know yet.

I think Pogo has phone numbers for both - maybe we can have him check in?

Natazu
04-10-2008, 09:38 PM
How about it? Pat Head Summit rocks!
I saw her last night! There was a big party at Thompson-Boling 'til like midnight. Pretty cool, huh? Check this out... They gave the assistant coaches and Jenny (trainer) each a "loaner" Mercedes. A good time was had by all.

Go Vols!

pogo
04-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Because we live in Texas?
OK.... that explains it ! :confused:

Ken's wife is in jail ????? :faint:

Why do you live in an area that gets so much snow, when you don't like it??
Because I like snow better than tornadoes, silly ! :D

Ummmmmm, Buddym I think it was you and Alex swinging those golf clubs.
:shake: Have you been taking typo lessons from my Lil Sis ??? :D

I think Pogo has phone numbers for both - maybe we can have him check in?
Blythe is fine..... as far as I know....... and Diane has vanished off the face of the earth ! I've sent her three emails and she hasn't returned any. The last word from her was she wanted to audition for Deal or No Deal, but some problems crept up that might have kept her from doing it.

If we don't hear from them before 5:00 PM tomorrow, I'll call them..... OK ? :D

Caroleh
04-10-2008, 09:52 PM

:shake: Have you been taking typo lessons from my Lil Sis ??? :D

I used to get both...snow and tornadoes when I lived in Iowa. Do you know that tornadoes have very pretty clouds before hit? They are big and fluffy, at least the one that took a big chunk out of the town I use to live in.

I think your lil sis is a great typing teacher, aren't you Deb?

Thanks, Buddy. I'm really concerned about those two.:(

disneydeb
04-10-2008, 10:16 PM
OK.... that explains it ! :confused:

Ken's wife is in jail ????? :faint:

:shake: Have you been taking typo lessons from my Lil Sis ???

The last word from her was she wanted to audition for Deal or No Deal, but some problems crept up that might have kept her from doing it.

What might have come up? I just thought they wisked her away to TV land. CALL NOW! please!

I think your lil sis is a great typing teacher, aren't you Deb?

Thanks, Buddy. I'm really concerned about those two.:(

I teach reading not typoing!:D But thanks for thinking I'm great at something.

How is my birthday twin, Ellen doing? Anyone hear from her?

My oldest DD has a new boyfriend....with the last name of Campbell. Should I worry?

Caroleh
04-10-2008, 10:27 PM
My oldest DD has a new boyfriend....with the last name of Campbell. Should I worry?

I think you should worry a little, if the last name was Henry, really worry, don't you think?

ElenitaB
04-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Just zooping in and didn't have time to read through everything I've missed. Sorry. I'm going to be scarce the next week or so. Lots and lots of work right now.

Some of our azaleas are already bloomed out. Our indicas are finished. Our natives are in full bloom right now. The satzukis are justing starting to bloom and gumpos will start blooming next month.
Wait... do you live in Oz?

Anyone else suffering from severe spring fever?
Spring??? Outside??? What are these things you're talking about? :blush:

Uh, Pogo... you don't have to live there to get tornados. Remember we were looking for Toto last summer here?

We're flying Delta early next month. I've already had my fill of cancelled flights this year, thank you very much. I think anyone who is planning on flying would be wise to get them some travel insurance.

Hope it's better by the time you fly. Here's some journey :pixie:

So what time is dinner? I'll see if I can get there in time because yours sounds so much better than the hot dogs or Banquet Pot Pies that I am looking at this evening!
I love Banquet pot pies... could you send me a turkey one, please? :eat:

I'll be heading to South Carolina within the month. Unfortunately, I don't have a choice of airline, since I have to stick to a "contract carrier" (which is Delta in this case). The only good part is its not on my dime, so if there is a delay and I get stuck, I'm covered, AND I'll still get paid...
Can you say "kaching"? Somehow airport delays hurt less when I was getting OT while dealing with them.

When Di and family getting Deb's test results back?

Well, play nicely, boys and girls. I'll be around as soon as I can.

Beast_fanatic
04-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Does anyone know what tomorrow is?

Tink&Goofy
04-10-2008, 10:46 PM

We don't get much of either one! :fresh:

Can you say "kaching"? Somehow airport delays hurt less when I was getting OT while dealing with them.

:yes: Maybe I could volunteer to give up my seat, and get another ticket? :D

Does anyone know what tomorrow is?
:woohoo: Its Friday, its Friday!!! :D

grego77
04-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been on the past couple days. It's definitely "crunch time" now, with presentations and multiple papers, all required for me to be able to graduate next month! It doesn't end either, until the end of the month...at least I have Disneyland May 1-5 to look forward to.

The past two days have been AMAZING outside...nice warm weather...now I'm driving down to NYC for a RAINY weekend! :( Oh well. Think the forecasters could be wrong??? I can only hope! :thumbsup:

I probably won't be on much if at all until next Tuesday (Weds if I make a callback!) due to my Disney audition on Monday! I'm so excited! *crosses fingers* :mickey: I'll miss you all...I promise!

Have a great weekend everyone...!:mickey:

drummerboy
04-10-2008, 11:21 PM
Columbia to start - but maybe more, I don't know yet.

If you find yourself heading further eastward, let me know.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Everybody ready for beddie byes? I know I am and that also gave me a question. Night night.

Jasper
04-11-2008, 12:33 AM
They gave the assistant coaches and Jenny (trainer) each a "loaner" Mercedes. A good time was had by all.

UH, Yeah, I think a good time could easily be had by someone who is being given a "loaner" Mercedes. How does one go about landing a job with those kind of perks?

J
I love Banquet pot pies... could you send me a turkey one, please?

Sure we have turkey! I keep one of every kind I can find in my freezer. Now we are just going to have to contract with Drummerboys discount hot food delivery service to get it to you while it is still piping hot. Do you think he can help us out?

By the way, if you ever hear me complaining about Indiana being left out of presidential politics ever again please feel free to reach through the computer wires and slap me.

Because Indiana is always one of the latest primaries we don't see the presidential candidates in the spring and then Indiana is so Republican that they don't come through for the general election either, they just assume the republicans will win the state. Since the Democrats are having such a battle this time though we have had Hillary and Chelsea come through and make stops in nearby towns in the last two weeks and today Bill Clinton actually stopped and did a rally here in town at the Middle School.

Needless to say that with all the security and reporters that have been in the area the last several weeks it has been very difficult to get around town. And you also have to keep in mind that ours is a rural small town with a population of only about 14,000 people so large crowds like that are a challenge. And now we are hearing that Barack may come to town next week! I will be glad when we get through all this.

Anyway, I need to get to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow to have my thyroid yanked. Please say a prayer for me tomorrow and I will be back on the boards sometime next week.

trackbarroness
04-11-2008, 05:45 AM
Good Luck Greg on your audition, or is that suppose to "break a leg?
Even though today is Friday it's my Monday go figure eh? :D
Have a magical day

disneydeb
04-11-2008, 06:28 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry I haven't been on the past couple days. It's definitely "crunch time" now, with presentations and multiple papers, all required for me to be able to graduate next month! It doesn't end either, until the end of the month...at least I have Disneyland May 1-5 to look forward to.

The past two days have been AMAZING outside...nice warm weather...now I'm driving down to NYC for a RAINY weekend! :( Oh well. Think the forecasters could be wrong??? I can only hope! :thumbsup:

I probably won't be on much if at all until next Tuesday (Weds if I make a callback!) due to my Disney audition on Monday! I'm so excited! *crosses fingers* :mickey: I'll miss you all...I promise!

Greg,good luck with everything! Let us know how things go. Will ya?:mickey:

Anyway, I need to get to bed because I have to get up early tomorrow to have my thyroid yanked. Please say a prayer for me tomorrow and I will be back on the boards sometime next week.

Goood luck and I sayng a prayer just as I sign out here.:pixie::pixie:

pogo
04-11-2008, 07:06 AM
Update on Diane !

Just read this email from Diane this morning that was sent yesterday afternoon.

been sick since Monday afternoon... off work all week. Runny nose, sore throat, coughing, throwing up, etc... too tired to sit at the computer long...

I will call Blythe later today.

Is he a drummer ??? :D

Uh, Pogo... you don't have to live there to get tornados. Remember we were looking for Toto last summer here?
Yeah.... I know you did, but I can't remember one here.... ever..... and they get the warnings like once a week don't they ???

I probably won't be on much if at all until next Tuesday (Weds if I make a callback!) due to my Disney audition on Monday! I'm so excited! *crosses fingers* I'll miss you all...I promise!
Break a leg....... heck, break two of them. :D

Prayers are on the way. Good luck. :D

offwego
04-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Morning all, Coffee is on for anyone who'd like some. Sorry you've been unwell Di feel better soon. Jasper we will all be thining of you and praying for a speedy and full recovery for you.

Ellen, don't push yourself too too hard ok? Work is imporant but so is your health!

Caroleh
04-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Happy Friday, Everyone!!!!

:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: toJasper, Di and everyone that needs it.

Natalie...I think I want to go to Windsor. I heard they are going to be warm today. We have strong winds and rain. I wouldn't mind the rain, but my yard is mud and so is my driveway. :(

So what is everyone up to this weekend? I'm working.:(

sorarail
04-11-2008, 08:18 AM
I saw her last night! There was a big party at Thompson-Boling 'til like midnight. Pretty cool, huh? Check this out... They gave the assistant coaches and Jenny (trainer) each a "loaner" Mercedes. A good time was had by all.

Go Vols!

That's the tradition - I soon as I told DH the Lady Vols had won again, he said "I guess that means Pat gets another Mercedes." Life is rough, no?

Wait... do you live in Oz?

Spring??? Outside??? What are these things you're talking about? :blush:

As a matter of fact, I do live in Oz. :D Everything is greener than the Emerald City right now. I do love the new greens of spring growth. It makes me giddy! Be patient, spring is coming to your home, soon.

I am so excited for you! Knock 'em dead! Keep us posted, okay?

Hope ya'll have a grand Friday!

drummerboy
04-11-2008, 08:31 AM
Sure we have turkey! I keep one of every kind I can find in my freezer. Now we are just going to have to contract with Drummerboys discount hot food delivery service to get it to you while it is still piping hot. Do you think he can help us out?

We can handle it. We have special jets outfitted for pot-pie deliveries. By the way, does anybody else wonder what the origin of "piping" in piping hot is?

Good luck on the thyroid, Jasper.

Di, get better very quickly.

Greg, break a leg. (Such exquisite poetry. :D)

Mickey'sGirl
04-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Mornin' everyone! :hi:

:pixie: for Blythe and Di and an extra dose of :pixie: for Cousin Jasper.

Good luck and break a leg Greg!

We are having crazy rain here today.... my brand new first time using it umbrella didn't just blow inside out.... it full out snapped in 3 places! I think some good latte is in order..... Anyone care for some?

pogo
04-11-2008, 10:59 AM
As a matter of fact, I do live in Oz. :D Everything is greener than the Emerald City right now. I do love the new greens of spring growth. It makes me giddy! Be patient, spring is coming to your home, soon.

I can't wait to see it in person ! Will you ask your weather man to order good weather for the end of next week for me ???? :confused:

Mornin' everyone!

We are having crazy rain here today.... my brand new first time using it umbrella didn't just blow inside out.... it full out snapped in 3 places! I think some good latte is in order..... Anyone care for some?
We are having rain, but no wind..... it must because of Caroleh ! :D

disneydrmr
04-11-2008, 12:27 PM
ouch... the white on the computer screen is killing my eyes.. quick zoop...
Thanks to all for your concern and well wishes.. been very sick all week.. going back to doct. today... my eyes are KILLING me.. they look yellowish and also red.. with red 'bruises' on the lids... not sure what's causing it.. but I have my lights off and again.. the white of the computer is making them ache... still sick also.. runny nose, nausea, very weak/tired, coughing, sore throat...two co-workers said I look like death... everyone has said I sound terrible...I shouldn't have come in to work today.. but I didn't wanna use up all 5 of my paid sick days this early in the year...
I did not make it to Deal or No Deal.... home issues prevented it.. plus news was saying that people were camping out there.. and you had to park quite a ways off site and either walk there or be bussed... huge mess so did'nt go.
No energy left to ask a question.. can someone please ask one for me?

BriarRose0708
04-11-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry Deal or No Deal didn't happen for you Diane. Will there be other chances for an audition? I hope you get some most needed rest and are able to join us healthy again!

How's everyone's afternoon so far?

Dsnygirl
04-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Hi guys... quick zoop just to check in, sorry I haven't been around!! It's been a nutty week, and not much time to myself.

First off -- pixie dust to Jasper for his surgery today -- I hope all goes well!!

And more pixie dust to Diane -- Di, I hope you feel better soon!!

Good luck pixie dust to Greg for your audition next week -- how cool would it be if you got in!!

As far as me & my tests, I actually just had them this morning, so I'll let you know if I hear anything next week. Can still taste that barium.... yuck!!

As far as the craziness -- my mom had surgery (total knee replacement) on Monday, so I was her "wheels" to the hospital and stayed around with her beforehand. Then I worked Monday and Tuesday nights and was able to be there to check on her, which turned out to be a good thing, as she didn't respond too well to all the meds they put her on afterwards. She was pretty loopy and out of it Tuesday and Wednesday morning, and I had to go in and be with her Wednesday night, as she was getting increasingly disoriented and combative. (My mom's 78 and the most lucid person I know -- very independent and "together"... so this was REALLY odd for her. She actually whacked one of the nurses!!! :blush:) So - she was better yesterday, the meds were finally getting out of her system, and she was able to be transferred to the rehab facility this morning. She's all settled in there and doing well.... I'm hoping the worst of it is over!! I'm sure it'll continue to be busy for us, esp. once she gets home and needs help with some stuff.... but as long as she's getting better, that's okay!

So!! That's been my week - a little crazy, and I'm about to go try and catch up with stuff around here. Anybody want to come help with laundry and vacuuming?? ;) Tonight, we'll hopefully just crash and relax... I think we're going to rent "The Bourne Ultimatum". I have to work Sat/Sun nights, but then I'm off 'til Friday... next week is my girls' Spring Break week!! Can't believe it's time for that already...

And last but not least - I believe Carol asked about Disney stuff in people's houses??? Yikes... it's probably embarassing to take stock... (I won't even go into clothing and stuffed animals...) Let's see... we've got a framed lithograph, some snowglobes, multiple fridge magnets, a few figurines and picture frames.... a Mickey ears erase-board in the playroom.... some kitchen items....maybe that's it, I'm not sure. There's really not a lot more I want to get, except for two other lithos, a few holiday Jim Shore items, a few more kitchen items and some garden things... :blush:

Okay... gotta run.... just wanted to let you all know I'm okay, just busy and trying to ignore how I'm feeling physically until they figure it out. (And I know how you all are with your detective skills....) Thanks everyone for checking in with me.... it means a lot to know that you all are out there for me!! :hug:

pogo
04-11-2008, 02:32 PM
OK all ???? I got both Blythe :hug: and Diane :fresh: to check in ! :thumbsup:

:drama: Is there anything else for this "super human Head Possumator" to do ? :captain: If not..... then I'll be on my way ! :D

Beast_fanatic
04-11-2008, 02:40 PM
:pixie: to Jasper for your surgery! :pixie:

:pixie: to Diane for your illness! :pixie:

Break a leg to Grego!

:pixie: to Blythe's mom for her knee!

And, a special :nono: for Blythe for her regular zoop without a question! ;)

Did I miss anything?

drummerboy
04-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Hey Blythe, good to hear from you! Diane, good to hear from you too, even if we have to wear surgical masks while we read. Hope they find whatever it is very quickly and get you on the mend.

I haven't even tried to inventory the WDW stuff in the house, but just looking at the shelf behind me in the office, there's a wooden Mickey on a steam train, a plastic Mickey on a steam train, a little plastic Mickey in lederhosen and a little plasitc Pooh holding up a honey pot, as well as an AK figurine with Mickey, Pluto and Goofey doing some archeoligical research around a dinosaur head. There's also a Pooh antenna topper on my car. :blush:

Is everybody ready for the weekend?

MissStyles
04-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi Guys and Gals - what's up???

I probably won't be on much if at all until next Tuesday (Weds if I make a callback!) due to my Disney audition on Monday! I'm so excited! *crosses fingers* promise!

Greg - You better ROCK that audition. What song are you singing??? :sing:

We'll be waiting :) Really, I hope everything went well for you and that you're recovering nicely.

You poor thing, I always feel bad when I see people who's umbrellas have gone inside and out. Hopefully it's calmed down a bit for ya up there!!!

Thanks for checking in....rest up this weekend and feel better!

Okay... gotta run.... just wanted to let you all know I'm okay, just busy and trying to ignore how I'm feeling physically until they figure it out. (And I know how you all are with your detective skills....) Thanks everyone for checking in with me.... it means a lot to know that you all are out there for me!! :hug:

You've been a busy bee huh??? I hope you're feeling better soon...and it's nice you'll be off work next week to enjoy some time with your girls. :cloud9:

:drama: Is there anything else for this "super human Head Possumator" to do ? :captain: If not..... then I'll be on my way ! :D

Your work here is done. You are a fine Head Possumator indeed. :flag:

Yes indeed! Are YOU?

offwego
04-11-2008, 03:44 PM
A pooh one Ken? I have an Easter Stich still on the car does that count.

Blythe nice to hear from you. Hope your Mom's recovery smooths out and you get some "crash" time soon.

Nascfan
04-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Is anyone else counting down until the new Samantha Brown Disney special on Travel Channel tonight? Is it pathetic that I am? I can't believe it, we get something like 4 straight weeks of new Disney specials before our trip.....which is in only 63 more days!

Much pixie dust to Di, Blythe and her mom, Jasper, and any of our JQers that need it.

Beast_fanatic
04-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't say that I'm counting down, but I am looking forward to the new specials. :thumbsup:

Who's going out for dinner tonight? We're planning on Abuelo's. :tasty:

Dsnygirl
04-11-2008, 04:57 PM
And, a special :nono: for Blythe for her regular zoop without a question!

:blush: Wouldn't feel like home w/o getting one of those.... I guess I better stop just zooping, eh?? (See?? I got my question in there early this time!! :D)

OK all ???? I got both Blythe :hug: and Diane :fresh: to check in !

You rock, Pogo.... thanks for the :hug: and the check-in!! :)

Hey Blythe, good to hear from you!

There's also a Pooh antenna topper on my car.

Thanks!

My car doesn't have an antenna.... so my antenna topper is on the top of one of our lamps!! (It's a black, wrought iron floor lamp and the topper is the black Mickey head... it looks like it was made together!!)

Yup.... glad it's already started!!

Is anyone else counting down until the new Samantha Brown Disney special on Travel Channel tonight?
Didn't know about it, but I'm thinking we'll have to check it out. Nothing better to put a :D on your face....

Okay, gotta run again and go pick up Julia... I'll catch you guys later...

BriarRose0708
04-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm baking cookies tonight! Anyone want to help?

Our school is hosting Relay for Life tomorrow night, so I was in charge of bringing some snacks, so I thought Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and good old fashioned choco choco chippers would be perfect. Pogo, we should have made a JQ team!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

disneydeb
04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks to all for your concern and well wishes.. been very sick all week.. going back to doct. today... my eyes are KILLING me.. they look yellowish and also red.. with red 'bruises' on the lids... not sure what's causing it.. but I have my lights off and again.. the white of the computer is making them ache... still sick also.. runny nose, nausea, very weak/tired, coughing, sore throat...two co-workers said I look like death... everyone has said I sound terrible...I shouldn't have come in to work today.. but I didn't wanna use up all 5 of my paid sick days this early in the year...
I did not make it to Deal or No Deal.... home issues prevented it.. plus news was saying that people were camping out there.. and you had to park quite a ways off site and either walk there or be bussed... huge mess so did'nt go.

OOOHH! I am so sorry you are so sick. Feel better pixie dust for you!:pixie::pixie:

Hi guys... quick zoop just to check in, sorry I haven't been around!! It's been a nutty week, and not much time to myself.

First off -- pixie dust to Jasper for his surgery today -- I hope all goes well!!

And more pixie dust to Diane -- Di, I hope you feel better soon!!

Good luck pixie dust to Greg for your audition next week -- how cool would it be if you got in!!

As far as me & my tests, I actually just had them this morning, so I'll let you know if I hear anything next week. Can still taste that barium.... yuck!!

As far as the craziness -- my mom had surgery (total knee replacement) on Monday, so I was her "wheels" to the hospital and stayed around with her beforehand. Then I worked Monday and Tuesday nights and was able to be there to check on her, which turned out to be a good thing, as she didn't respond too well to all the meds they put her on afterwards. She was pretty loopy and out of it Tuesday and Wednesday morning, and I had to go in and be with her Wednesday night, as she was getting increasingly disoriented and combative. (My mom's 78 and the most lucid person I know -- very independent and "together"... so this was REALLY odd for her. She actually whacked one of the nurses!!! So - she was better yesterday, the meds were finally getting out of her system, and she was able to be transferred to the rehab facility this morning. She's all settled in there and doing well.... I'm hoping the worst of it is over!! I'm sure it'll continue to be busy for us, esp. once she gets home and needs help with some stuff.... but as long as she's getting better, that's okay!

So!! That's been my week - a little crazy, and I'm about to go try and catch up with stuff around here. Anybody want to come help with laundry and vacuuming?? ;) Tonight, we'll hopefully just crash and relax... I think we're going to rent "The Bourne Ultimatum". I have to work Sat/Sun nights, but then I'm off 'til Friday... next week is my girls' Spring Break week!! Can't believe it's time for that already...

And last but not least - I believe Carol asked about Disney stuff in people's houses??? Yikes... it's probably embarassing to take stock... (I won't even go into clothing and stuffed animals...) Let's see... we've got a framed lithograph, some snowglobes, multiple fridge magnets, a few figurines and picture frames.... a Mickey ears erase-board in the playroom.... some kitchen items....maybe that's it, I'm not sure. There's really not a lot more I want to get, except for two other lithos, a few holiday Jim Shore items, a few more kitchen items and some garden things...

Love you too! Pixie dust for your hectic life and your health!

OK all ???? I got both Blythe :hug: and Diane to check in ! :thumbsup:

:drama: Is there anything else for this "super human Head Possumator" to do ? If not..... then I'll be on my way !

You did good! Where do you want me to send the reward money?:D

Beast_fanatic
04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I guess I better stop just zooping, eh?? (See?? I got my question in there early this time!!

See, that wasn't so hard, right? ;)

I'm baking cookies tonight! Anyone want to help?

Can we eat some of the dough?

Caroleh
04-11-2008, 07:19 PM
We are having rain, but no wind..... it must because of Caroleh !

But I'm not the one full of hot air, Buddy!!! I think that was you!!!:D

:pixie::pixie: for you to get better soon, Diane.

And last but not least - I believe Carol asked about Disney stuff in people's houses??? Yikes... it's probably embarassing to take stock... (I won't even go into clothing and stuffed animals...) Let's see... we've got a framed lithograph, some snowglobes, multiple fridge magnets, a few figurines and picture frames.... a Mickey ears erase-board in the playroom.... some kitchen items....maybe that's it, I'm not sure. There's really not a lot more I want to get, except for two other lithos, a few holiday Jim Shore items, a few more kitchen items and some garden things...

Glad verything is okay with you and you'll be getting your results soon. :pixie::pixie: for you and your mother.

Can I get you to talk to Gilles to let him know I need MUCH more Disney stuff around here? :D

OK all ????
Is there anything else for this "super human Head Possumator" to do ? not.....

You done good, Buddy!! Thank you!!!:hug:

Can we eat some of the dough?

Ohhhhhh, cookie dough!!! I'll help you eat it Rhonda!!!!

Tink&Goofy
04-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks to all for your concern and well wishes.. been very sick all week.
Sorry you've been sick!! Here's some sterilized healing :pixie::pixie: !!

Welcome back Blythe! I hope things settle down for you soon! Here's some :pixie::pixie: for you AND for your mom! My MIL is having her second knee replacement at the end of the month. The first few weeks after her first one she said "never again". But within a month or so, she was amazed. Hope your Mom does well!

OK all ???? I got both Blythe :hug: and Diane :fresh: to check in !

Good job Pogo, I knew we could rely on you! :)

My car doesn't have an antenna....
Neither does mine. Maybe I need a new one? This one is apparently defective! :D

So FINALLY friday - and a beautiful one at that! Tomorrow is supposed to be 75 degrees! Anyone have any great plans for tomorrow?

pogo
04-11-2008, 09:11 PM
And, a special :nono: for Blythe for her regular zoop without a question!

Did I miss anything?
Did you forget your question ??? Is that why you had to do an edit ???? Inquiring minds want to know ! :D

Very much so, but I'm really, really, really looking forward to next weekend.

Your work here is done. You are a fine Head Possumator indeed. :flag:
Thank you..... It's a dirty job..... but somebody has to do it !

You rock, Pogo.... thanks for the :hug: and the check-in!!

Thanks ! You owe me a real hug !

Our school is hosting Relay for Life tomorrow night, so I was in charge of bringing some snacks, so I thought Oatmeal Chocolate Chip and good old fashioned choco choco chippers would be perfect. Pogo, we should have made a JQ team!
Only if I could have used my car !

You did good! Where do you want me to send the reward money?
No money needed..... you owe me a hug in December !

You done good, Buddy!! Thank you!!!:hug:

All in a days work !

Good job Pogo, I knew we could rely on you!

Awe shucks.... it tweren't nothing ! :D