PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions... Springing Toward Summer (Ete)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

BronxTigger
03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I too love the idea of JQU!

Pink and brown, the colors of tube tops and chocolate chips and coffee! Go Possums!

What could be our fight song?

How about Frere Jaques?

It's French, full of questions, and it's about trying to wake up! (I think? :confused:)

Wait...it doesn't have much "fight" in it. :secret:

pogo
03-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Jym... love the idea of JQU! Go, Fighting Possums! What should our school colors be?

well I'd think we'd need hot pink for sure don't you think? And maybe brown. (you know the colour of coffee)

Pink and brown, the colors of tube tops and chocolate chips and coffee! Go Possums!

What could be our fight song?You guys are all silly ! Haven't you ever seen a possum before ??? :confused:

Our colors will be silver and black.

The front will have 2"x 1" letters "JQU" with your "JQ" nickname underneath.

The back will have "Home of the fighting Possums" in an arc with a picture of a growling possum underneath. :thumbsup: I'll talk to Shari about this. :D

Caroleh
03-24-2008, 10:36 PM
So how does one get started scrapbooking? Is there a book or something?

You come to Milton to see Carol's scrapbooking studio....but if I remember right, didn't you say you aren't very crafty? But I know this Carol is VERY talented and she might be able to help you.

I think I like the hot pink and brown for our colors, that way Alex should feel right at home. I think our possum should be a little unique and have a duck's face that says Pogo instead of AFLAC...:D

drummerboy
03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Tentative plans for the Drummerboy crowd would be arrival on the 8th or 9th, and departure on the 16th.

We may have the middle two grandchildren with us, so we can't make too elaborate plans. Maybe we can have a few informal gatherings on different days to get as many people together as we can? Ghirardelli's would be nice.

Sounds like the JQU plans are taking on a life of their own. I wear a 2XL by the way. :thumbsup:

Hmmm--Fighting Possums fight song...

We got the teeth,
We got the stinks,
You can't beat us,
'Cause we gave you the jinx.
Gooooooo possums!

Or maybe not.

pogo
03-24-2008, 11:25 PM
I think I like the hot pink and brown for our colors, that way Alex should feel right at home. I think our possum should be a little unique and have a duck's face that says Pogo instead of AFLAC.
Have you been drinking ??? :confused: You are not making sense. :shot:

Tentative plans for the Drummerboy crowd would be arrival on the 8th or 9th, and departure on the 16th.

We may have the middle two grandchildren with us, so we can't make too elaborate plans. Maybe we can have a few informal gatherings on different days to get as many people together as we can? Ghirardelli's would be nice.
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

Sounds like the JQU plans are taking on a life of their own. I wear a 2XL by the way.
That's the spirit ! :D

Natazu
03-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Jym... love the idea of JQU! Go, Fighting Possums! :cheer: What should our school colors be?INTERCOT Blue and Possum Silver

What could be our fight song?Anything but Rocky Top.

Possum Kingdom by the Toadies? Actually no, that's not a very happy song.

Is there a Drummerboy's Discount Songwriters?
We got the teeth,
We got the stinks,
You can't beat us,
'Cause we gave you the jinx.
Gooooooo possums!
Apparently not.

trackbarroness
03-25-2008, 03:13 AM
What about "When you wish upon a star"? :D
Or Wishes? Lolol
The orange blossems are really really starting to smell around here, and have my sinuses going crazy.

pogo
03-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Good morning all........ I suppose some of you have had a hard time falling asleep whilst trying to think of a JQU fight song or Tee shirt design.

I drifted off in bliss :cloud9: just thinking of how much fun we'll have in December when we get together.

So far as I can figure our primary days to get together are Friday 12/12 and Saturday 12/13, right ?

I'm not sure we'll do the MVMCP. I hate to fuel Disney's idea of charging more once you pay for your stay. :shake:

Have a great day and we'll see you all a little later. :D

PS.... did I tell you we are planning a little trip in three weeks to Myrtle Beach ? :confused: Nothing big... just driving down for a four night stay, take in a show or two, visit Brook Green Gardens in Georgetown.... maybe have lunch or dinner with Drummerboy and DW. :D

offwego
03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
But Pogo they give you free cookies. You can't eat 48 dollars worth of cookies?

We've never gotten anything from Ghiralldi's if you can believe that so we would likely be in to that. Have a good morning all..I'm sure I'll zoop in later. (black and silver sound kinda dark though don't you all think? And at the risk of being totally clueless who is Shari?)

Caroleh
03-25-2008, 07:58 AM
Have you been drinking ??? :confused: You are not making sense. :shot:

That is what happens to you when you can't sleep for several days, the Sunday night was the worse. I have a feeling I'm not going to get much sleep until I get this house put together. Can someone send the sandman over to visit me?

I like the idea of mini meets, getting together at Ghiralldi's or the Adventurers Club. Gilles wasn't keen on the idea of going to another MVMCP.

Alex, how did your dr. appt. go yesterday? Do you go back to work soon?

alpro2
03-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Alex, how did your dr. appt. go yesterday? Do you go back to work soon?
Everything is great, thanks for asking Carol. Hooray for me. :mad: Officially went back to work yesterday. :mad: Is it Friday yet?

Caroleh
03-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Everything is great, thanks for asking Carol. Hooray for me. :mad: Officially went back to work yesterday. :mad: Is it Friday yet?

:nono: Dear, Alex, remember we don't wish our time away because life is too short. Did I do good, Pogo?

offwego
03-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Carol I forgot to respond to your offer to help me learn..your right not very crafty. Does that make it better or worse?

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
:funny:

A couple of opinions:
JQU should be hot pink and silver.
Our fight song should be "C is for Cookie and Cookie is for me" by Cookie Monster.

Anyone like Indo-Chinese food? I have a hankering for some shrimp pakora ... and no, I'm not expecting a baby. :nono:

Caroleh
03-25-2008, 08:45 AM
Carol I forgot to respond to your offer to help me learn..your right not very crafty. Does that make it better or worse?

Being crafty helps, but it really depends on how fancy you want to go. There's also digital scrapbooking, I don't do that because I need to feel and see the textures, the paper, etc.....

Do you think I should get ready for work? I needed a question.

ElenitaB
03-25-2008, 09:08 AM
well I'd think we'd need hot pink for sure don't you think? And maybe brown. (you know the colour of coffee)

I second (or third :confused:) that motion.

I think I like the hot pink and brown for our colors, that way Alex should feel right at home. I think our possum should be a little unique and have a duck's face that says Pogo instead of AFLAC...:D
Personally, I think our possum should say "cookies".

The orange blossems are really really starting to smell around here, and have my sinuses going crazy.
Stink good or stink bad?

Our fight song should be "C is for Cookie and Cookie is for me" by Cookie Monster.

Anyone like Indo-Chinese food? I have a hankering for some shrimp pakora ... and no, I'm not expecting a baby. :nono:
Good choice for song! Okay... I'll bite (pun intended?), what's Indo-Chinese food? Malaysian??

You don't have to, unless you want to sing Ken's song at work ("we go the teeth, we got the stink"). Hey, you can even put the jinx on your favorite co-worker! ;)

Okay... off to work for me! Later! (Does anyone have some coffee?)

pogo
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
But Pogo they give you free cookies. You can't eat 48 dollars worth of cookies?

And at the risk of being totally clueless who is Shari?)
Nope.... I don't eat cookies.... remember ?

Shari is also known as Murphy1 and she has been tormenting Jym about the possum incident ever sence my dining review came out. :D

That is what happens to you when you can't sleep for several days, the Sunday night was the worse. I have a feeling I'm not going to get much sleep until I get this house put together. Can someone send the sandman over to visit me?

Sure.... how many truck loads will it take ?

Everything is great, thanks for asking Carol. Hooray for me. Officially went back to work yesterday. Is it Friday yet?

:shake:

Your as bad as Diane ! :D

:nono: Dear, Alex, remember we don't wish our time away because life is too short. Did I do good, Pogo?

:thumbsup:

Anyone like Indo-Chinese food? I have a hankering for some shrimp pakora ... and no, I'm not expecting a baby.
Are you sure ? :confused:

:yes:

drummerboy
03-25-2008, 09:43 AM
We got the cookies,
We got the sleeps,
Our sharp-tooth grin
Will give you the creeps.
Goooooo Possums.

(Or would the plural be possi?)

What's the first bid to make me stop? :thedolls:

Pogo, what weekend would that be? Brookgreen will really be nice this time of year. I've got some pictures of DW and me sitting on a wall at Brookgreen and my hair was all black then. That was a loooong time ago.

Alex, straighten up or we'll send Pogo out to lecture you. :nono: Actually, you should be straighter now anyway. DW's back surgery sure straightened her.

Dsnygirl
03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
Hey all...how's Monday night behaving?

There's a discount? Besides the advance purchase thing? Wow I really need to spend more time on the actual web site don't I?

Blythe do you have a house closing countdown yet? And if you want to PM me your email address I can hook you up with alerts on housing starts and any other aspects of the housing industry you'd like (free no worries I have a large monthly supcription list to that stuff I maintain for all kinds of clients, coi's etc..more the merrier!)
Monday night ended up treating me just fine -- I didn't have to go in to work!! :thumbsup: The extra $$ would've been nice, but sitting here today with a day to myself is twice as nice, I think! :cloud9:

Our closing is slated for May 1st.... haven't heard anything to the contrary (yet). I'll PM you with that e-mail -- I did Google the info yesterday and found conflicting information (what a shocker) and it's hard to correlate it with our area, as we seem to be in our own little real estate market. Our home prices have actually gone up over the past few years, not much of a market correction as our market has been low for awhile. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out this year....

As far as extra discounts for the party tickets, there aren't any except the advance sale or AP/DVC rates... you didn't miss anything! :)

Blythe, that's exactly why I'm so reticent about getting VOIP. I hate when my internet goes down but I'd be really annoyed if it were internet AND the phone too.

It was doubly frustrating, b/c (long story - but my cell phone was stolen last week) so I was w/o any phone at all!! So, here I was with no contact with the outside world whatsoever, unsure if there was another mix-up with our account I had to deal with, or if there was a line problem. So - the girls and I made an unplanned visit to Verizon at the mall and I got myself a new cell phone (hadn't been planning on it quite yet) just so I could figure out what was going on, and have some form of way to be contacted!! That's how I found out there was an outage here -- and I could see them working on the lines on our way home. Funny thing - whatever was going wrong must have been "in progress" for awhile, because ever since we've been up and running again, our RoadRunner is working a lot faster! In the end, it worked out well - just a pain when it first happened!!

So how does one get started scrapbooking? Is there a book or something?
There's a ton of info out there - you can check out a bunch of ideas online. If you'd like, check out my website, too - PM me if you'd like it. (Don't want to post it just in case it's not allowed) You don't have to buy anything - it'd just give you ideas and you'd have info about what's "out there" from a more formal company. (We have traditional scrapbooking, modified scrapbooking albums for folks who don't want to do as much intricate page work and digital - there's all kinds of ways to do it.) Check out your local crafts stores for info, too! (And yes, there are tons of books out there on it, too, and magazines... you name it!) You can do it to whatever level you'd like, and no, you don't have to be crafty - some of the friends I scrap with claimed to be totally "un-crafty" when they started, and they're doing great and having a blast!! It just takes knowing what your limits are, and having the right tools to make it easy (and enjoyable!)

Our colors will be silver and black.

The front will have 2"x 1" letters "JQU" with your "JQ" nickname underneath.

The back will have "Home of the fighting Possums" in an arc with a picture of a growling possum underneath. I'll talk to Shari about this.
Sounds fun!! I think we should have more colors, though.... or maybe different colors for girls & guys??

It'd be so great if you guys came!! We're all for Ghirardelli's... had a JQ meet there in October, and it was quite fun. All the "tourists" who came by had quite the time watching.... :blush:

Sigh.... I'm sorry your sinuses aren't enjoying them, but I'd love to be able to smell them myself....

So far as I can figure our primary days to get together are Friday 12/12 and Saturday 12/13, right ?

Sounds about right!

Lucky you, to get to see D'boy and his DW....

We've never gotten anything from Ghiralldi's if you can believe that so we would likely be in to that.
:faint: The number one thing on Dan's list when we went in October was their brownie sundae thing... and boy oh boy was it good.... not thinking it'd take much arm-twisting for a return trip!!

Is it Friday yet?
Ummm... nope.... bet everyday felt like Friday for you, didn't it?? Sorry... but it's only Tuesday.... how's your back??

A couple of opinions:
JQU should be hot pink and silver.

Like the color!! Perfect song, too... there have been some cookie fights around here for sure!

We got the cookies,
We got the sleeps,
Our sharp-tooth grin
Goooooo Possums.

:rotfl:

So - how's Tuesday so far? I have to stop playing and go get some real work done.... anybody seen my motivation? I think I had it when I got up....

disneydeb
03-25-2008, 11:23 AM
I vote Ken for Head Cheerleader, since he comes up with all those fancy chants -- Does everybody agree with me?:D

dlpmikki
03-25-2008, 11:42 AM
I vote Ken for Head Cheerleader, since he comes up with all those fancy chants -- Does everybody agree with me?:D

Does he get to wear a suitable short skirt as part of the outfit? :D

disneydeb
03-25-2008, 11:45 AM

Why not!??:D

drummerboy
03-25-2008, 12:00 PM
Allllleeeeex, can I borrow your cheerleader outfit?

MissStyles
03-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Good afternoon kids!

Sounds perfect to me. I think it'd be fun to do dinner with as many of us as possible. What's the largest group amount that can be made for an ADR? I think we should try for it!

I'm not familiar:confused:...can you elaborate on the cuisine?

We got the cookies,
We got the sleeps,
Our sharp-tooth grin
Goooooo Possums.

(Or would the plural be possi?)

:cheer: Go Ken Go!

So - how's Tuesday so far?

Not bad - I've gotten my "work" accomplished although my fiance and I decided last night where we are having our wedding (here in FL instead of somewhere else) Now my mind is just RACING!!!!! :crazy:

Oh yes, most definitely also since he comes up with the titles of the posts!

pogo
03-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Pogo, what weekend would that be? Brookgreen will really be nice this time of year. I've got some pictures of DW and me sitting on a wall at Brookgreen and my hair was all black then. That was a loooong time ago.

I've emailed our itenerary to see how we fit.

It'd be so great if you guys came!! We're all for Ghirardelli's... had a JQ meet there in October, and it was quite fun. All the "tourists" who came by had quite the time watching....

The number one thing on Dan's list when we went in October was their brownie sundae thing... and boy oh boy was it good.... not thinking it'd take much arm-twisting for a return trip!!
That sounds good to me ! :D

Does he get to wear a suitable short skirt as part of the outfit?

Mickey'sGirl
03-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm not familiar:confused:...can you elaborate on the cuisine?!
Actually -- I should probably call it Hakka Chinese food (my Indian and Pakistani friends would) .... but to me it is a cross between indian and chinese food. Chow meins and egg rolls and rice and stuff -- but some really tasty spicy meat dishes -- Like crispy ginger beef or the previously mentionned Shrimp Pakora (which is kind of like a Shrimp dumpling with spices and herbs and stuff). Why doesn't everyone come up to TO and we can go out for some? I'll put you up as long as you don't mind sleeping on a doggie bed .... :D .

When are you getting married Emily? Congratulations!!

Beast_fanatic
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
I've emailed our itenerary to see how we fit.

That sounds good to me ! :D

Are you just testing me? :nono:

dlpmikki
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Poor Rhonda! Are all the old regulars taking it in turns to test her?

How about a competition to find the best place for Figaro to have his picture taken? Beanie Figaro could be passed around the group :D

drummerboy
03-25-2008, 02:27 PM
We just got iffy again. The only thing available in FW is tent/pop-up spaces. Hope something comes up in the meantime.

Should I join everybody else in giving Rhonda a chance to :nono: ?

Dsnygirl
03-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Not bad - I've gotten my "work" accomplished although my fiance and I decided last night where we are having our wedding (here in FL instead of somewhere else) Now my mind is just RACING!!!!! :crazy:
Congrats!! I didn't realize you were getting married -- where and when?? :cloud9:

Actually -- I should probably call it Hakka Chinese food (my Indian and Pakistani friends would) .... but to me it is a cross between indian and chinese food. Chow meins and egg rolls and rice and stuff -- but some really tasty spicy meat dishes -- Like crispy ginger beef or the previously mentionned Shrimp Pakora (which is kind of like a Shrimp dumpling with spices and herbs and stuff). Why doesn't everyone come up to TO and we can go out for some? I'll put you up as long as you don't mind sleeping on a doggie bed .... :D .

That all sounds so good, I wouldn't care where you put me to sleep!! Now to try to find something that sounds even close for lunch....

We just got iffy again. The only thing available in FW is tent/pop-up spaces. Hope something comes up in the meantime.

Poor Ken.... you just might have to "rough it" in a hotel room!! C'mon.... it's worth it to see all of us, right??? :D

pogo
03-25-2008, 02:52 PM
You are good ! :D

What do you have.... a little "ding thing" that goes off when we screw up ?? :confused:

Should I join everybody else in giving Rhonda a chance to :nono: ?

Cute, Ken....... cute ! :D

sorarail
03-25-2008, 03:24 PM
WOW! You've been a chatty bunch since I last checked in...too many posts to quote.

I like "Fightin' Possums" - one thing, though....does our mascot uniform need to have tire tracks down it's back?
And does it get to play dead during the half-time show?

Jym, I agree, NO ROCKY TOP! I like Ken's cheer, possibly it could be put to music. Are there any JQer's good at writing music scores?:whistle:

Pogo - you and your DW have chosen the perfect time to go to Brookgreen - the gardens should be in full bloom. I went last fall and really enjoyed it.:pick:

Carol - you know I have to ask, how's Mittens? :cat:

Nat - How are you? Is your household back to good health?

Mikki - Sorry to hear about your FiL. My prayers are with you and your DH.

Emily - Congrats! When's the date?

Whew - to everyone else, hello, and how are ya'll doing this fine afternoon?:grouphug:

drummerboy
03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I just realized that I've been posting on this site for five years now. My join date shows as March '03. I only had two grandchildren then. :D

Pogo, I didn't receive the email yet. Did you address it to the office? Like your new JQU signature.

disneydeb
03-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I like the idea of tire tracks down the back of a fighting possum! Amy spent half the night on Intercot looking up videos of rides....
Do you think she is a tired puppy at school?

pogo
03-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Pogo - you and your DW have chosen the perfect time to go to Brookgreen - the gardens should be in full bloom. I went last fall and really enjoyed it.
We are looking forward to it. :D

Pogo, I didn't receive the email yet. Did you address it to the office? Like your new JQU signature.I think we should all have it ! Don't you ??? :confused:

I have re-sent it to your office. :D

Dsnygirl
03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I like the idea of tire tracks down the back of a fighting possum!
:funny: Me too!!! :thumbsup:

I just realized that I've been posting on this site for five years now. My join date shows as March '03. I only had two grandchildren then.

Congrats!!! :party: Doesn't time fly???

Speaking of time flying.... I realized when I read Ken's post that although I'm not to my I'cot anniversary date, it's been 1 year since I joined JQ!!! :party2: :party2: It was just prior to Easter last year that I found you guys -- I remember all the Easter Bunny jokes, and trying to figure you all out and what all the questions were about... who Frankie was and why you guys kept flying off to different places and losing your luggage.... and the cookies!! Goodness, I almost forgot to bring cookies, but quickly remedied it.... and then Alex ate them all.... ;) Ahhhh.... such fond memories!! :D

Needless to say -- I'm so glad I found you guys -- I just love this thread and my extended family on it!! :cloud9:

Nascfan
03-25-2008, 04:30 PM
When did I join?

Nascfan
03-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh look, there it is. Wow! I'm coming up on five years too! Can it be?

Time really does fly, much like Peter Pan.

Jasper
03-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Just checking in to see what is going on. My 11 year old son and I spent most of today doing 30 loads of laundry for my wife's costume store. What I don't understand is that I wasn't the one who rented all these costumes out to the customers so why am I the one who has to do all the laundry? Shouldn't my wife be doing it?

offwego
03-25-2008, 05:20 PM
Scott that was funny..Did anyone notice that Di had a posting milestone a while back?

Anyone else feel like an old timer on this site sometimes?

Jasper
03-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh look, there it is. Wow! I'm coming up on five years too! Can it be?

It sure can be, I will have nine years on Intercot come this November. If I remember correctly, I think I was a member of this website before "Just Questions" became a regular feature. Ken, can you tell me if I am remembering correctly?

drummerboy
03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
What I don't understand is that I wasn't the one who rented all these costumes out to the customers so why am I the one who has to do all the laundry? Shouldn't my wife be doing it?
Did you fall asleep during that class day in Husbandry 101?

I just realized that as join dates go, you're the old man here. Wow--1999. Was there even an internet back then?

offwego
03-25-2008, 05:26 PM

I just realized that as join dates go, you're the old man here. Wow--1999. Was there even an internet back then?

Ken if it helps..I wasn't even in my 30's then. Wait I think that only helps me.

And Page you asked if the family was all better and now DS has that silly flu again! Is lysol on sale anywhere?

Jasper
03-25-2008, 05:36 PM

I think I slept through a lot of the Husbandry 101 classes. At least my wife tells me I did. Is there someplace I can go for a refresher course? Or maybe Reader's Digest has the condensed version. You know condensed like my husbandry skills!

As for my join date, our version of the internet in 99 involved using a chisel to tap out a message on our rock keyboards and then we would have a local Indian who "downloaded" our message into smoke signals!

Do you think we can get John Y to provide an all expenses paid trip to WDW to each Intercot member when they reach the 10 year mark? For those of you who know him well this would be a great time to start working on this idea with him!

offwego
03-25-2008, 05:43 PM
I think I slept through a lot of the Husbandry 101 classes. At least my wife tells me I did. Is there someplace I can go for a refresher course? Or maybe Reader's Digest has the condensed version. You know condensed like my husbandry skills!

Condensed version of Husbandry 101..Correct answer is always "Yes, Dear"

Long version "see above"

Jasper any questions on that or is it all clear now?

Jasper
03-25-2008, 05:57 PM

Long version "see above"

Jasper any questions on that or is it all clear now?

I'm a man, can it ever be all clear?

(Don't worry men, I am lulling the women into a false sense of security and then we will unleash the full might of our possum army!!!)

pogo
03-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Needless to say -- I'm so glad I found you guys -- I just love this thread and my extended family on it!!
Me too ! Can we have a :grouphug: ??

Yyou'll do anything NOT to be the old man here, won't you Ken ???? :D

Caroleh
03-25-2008, 06:27 PM
We got the cookies,
We got the sleeps,
Our sharp-tooth grin
Goooooo Possums.

I love your fight song, Ken!!!

Does this mean we get to see if Ken's leg are as good looking as Alex's?

Rhonda, maybe we could forgive him since is SO old. You know they do say the memory is the first thing to go!!!:D

I like "Fightin' Possums" - one thing, though....does our mascot uniform need to have tire tracks down it's back?

Carol - you know I have to ask, how's Mittens? :cat:

I love the idea of the tire tracks down the back, but doesn't need to be the tire tracks of a red mustang?

Mittens is completely back to normal...maybe even better. I can put his water and food next to each other now!!! It's SO funny watching him go up and down the stairs. Some of them he takes one stair at a time and other ones he runs, but it's always the same stairs!!!

(Don't worry men, I am lulling the women into a false sense of security and then we will unleash the full might of our possum army!!!)

Jasper, do you think women will ever believe that? We know better. Gilles has learned to say "Wife is wise, wife is all knowing, wife is always right."

I know spring is officially here, but when will the spring weather arrive? It's snowing again.

offwego
03-25-2008, 07:56 PM
(Don't worry men, I am lulling the women into a false sense of security and then we will unleash the full might of our possum army!!!) I'm not normally lulled by large type just as an FYI.

Jasper, do you think women will ever believe that? We know better. Gilles has learned to say "Wife is wise, wife is all knowing, wife is always right."
When you get them to believe it is even better.

So do we have coffee at night or is it tea? Or just cheese?

mouseaddict
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM
So, about these uniforms...will they be spandex???
Everyone is sure in a loving mood today.must be spring fever!
Does anyone want some sweet tart jelly beans? They are addictive!

Nascfan
03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Scott that was funny..Did anyone notice that Di had a posting milestone a while back?

She did? What did she hit? I'll have to scroll back and see.

Hey Blythe, got any cookies? ;)

I'll take some jelly beans! Heck, I'll take just about any food.

ElenitaB
03-25-2008, 10:40 PM
Where IS Di??? Pogo, did you hit her with one of those arrows?

Not bad - I've gotten my "work" accomplished although my fiance and I decided last night where we are having our wedding (here in FL instead of somewhere else) Now my mind is just RACING!!!!!
How about at WDW the weekend of Dec 12??? We have flower girls, ring bearers and the cost of catering will be low since you only have to worry about cookies.

Amy spent half the night on Intercot looking up videos of rides....
Do you think she is a tired puppy at school?
Do you think the Disney obsession is genetic, by any chance? Nature or nurture??

Needless to say -- I'm so glad I found you guys -- I just love this thread and my extended family on it!! :cloud9:
Back atcha! :hug:

Do you think we can get John Y to provide an all expenses paid trip to WDW to each Intercot member when they reach the 10 year mark? For those of you who know him well this would be a great time to start working on this idea with him!

Carol, I think you've gotten the letter and the spirit of Husbandry 101 down pat! :thumbsup:

Oh no.... now I'm going to have nightmares! :help:

pogo
03-25-2008, 10:52 PM

NO !

I wouldn't do that to Diane. :nope:

I think she might be suffering from iwannagotowddwindecemberbutcantswingititist ! Know what I mean ?? Let's send her a :grouphug: and maybe she'll be better. :D

Piglet822
03-26-2008, 12:30 AM
It's been awhile since I've been in this particular thread - did y'all miss me? :D

ElenitaB
03-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Hi, Jeanne! Now the party is really going to get started! :D

Did you bring cookies? It's become a requirement around here. I could, however, been bought with a Dole Whip. :secret:

disneydeb
03-26-2008, 03:55 AM
I woke up and came down to see how my peeps were doing. Glad to see Amy is not on the computer....
Ellen, are your meds keeping you awake?
Jeanne , good to see you! Come around more often, will ya!

sorarail
03-26-2008, 07:49 AM
Good morning all! How is everyone doing on this beautiful day?

And Page you asked if the family was all better and now DS has that silly flu again! Is lysol on sale anywhere?

:( Here's some more :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:. Hope it helps.

:funny: The next line in our house is "Whatever you say, Dear." Ain't married life grand?

Mittens is completely back to normal...maybe even better. I can put his water and food next to each other now!!! It's SO funny watching him go up and down the stairs. Some of them he takes one stair at a time and other ones he runs, but it's always the same stairs!!!

I'm glad Mittens has adjusted...how are you doing? Is the unpacking coming along?

I have a pot of tea ready. Does anyone have any scones to share?

offwego
03-26-2008, 07:51 AM
Morning all! Looks like some of you were having an odd night as well. DH had to go in early today (like get up at 4am early) so I have some mostly cold coffee if anyone is interested?

Also our doggie was not impressed with this and so wanted to be near me so I've been up since like 4:30ish off and on and then DS got sick and we needed to clean his room up..yuck.

So Pogo I know we shouldn't wish our day away but are we allowed do-overs? And it's DH's birthday. Going to be a weird day I can just tell.

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
Carol, I think you've gotten the letter and the spirit of Husbandry 101 down pat! :thumbsup:

I think I trained him very well!!! Ellen, did you know that I can take him to a quilt shop and he'll be picking out fabric for me? I watch husbands with their wives at the store and it like "let's get out of here now". I've had different sales associates comment on him, thinking it's really neat.

NO !

I wouldn't do that to Diane. :nope:

I think she might be suffering from iwannagotowddwindecemberbutcantswingititist ! Know what I mean ?? Let's send her a :grouphug: and maybe she'll be better. :D

Buddy, do you have a problem with spandex? :D

Di, :hug: how's your neck doing? If it's still giving you problems, :pixie::pixie: to make it better!!

Hi, Jeanne!!! Are you coming back here to help us pick on Pogo and Alex?

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm glad Mittens has adjusted...how are you doing? Is the unpacking coming along?

Thanks for asking, Page. I'm doing okay, still can't sleep because I can't handle these boxes all over the place. I was talking to my supervisor yesterday and we decided that the reason I can't handle things in boxes is because of the job. You see a box, it needs to be emptied and put away. I was hoping to get a little done before I go to work today, but I have someone coming in to hook up the dishwasher. I'm hoping he'll be here early and get out of here early!!

Does anyone want unfinished quilts and wallhangings? It's a way to unpack, right?

Where's Pogo this morning?

trackbarroness
03-26-2008, 08:20 AM
Diffently have missed you miss Jeanne. So when are we going to meet and perhaps have some Disney fun? :D You know I'm no longer at Space, but at Stinky's place? :D lolol
And TTA, and AO. I have 2 more months to keep my nose clean and to behave myself and then, I take over the world? :D j/k dudes

disneydrmr
03-26-2008, 08:37 AM

I'm here, I'm here... I managed to lurk a bit yesterday, but wow! You guys are sure talkative.. I really need a Reader's Digest update... from what I gathered someone (Pogo maybe?) is gonna wear a Possum suit at Disney in December, Ken's become a cheerleader at a local college, Alex has rejoined the working class, Jym is planning to leave his newborn baby alone at home while he and his dw go to Disney in December, Carol's mittens are settling into her new home (though I would think all you have to do to mittens is put them in a drawer :D) Jasper has volunteered to do everyone's laundry and we are suppossed to be taking turns forgetting our questions to keep Rhonda on her toes? Did I get that all right?

I think she might be suffering from iwannagotowddwindecemberbutcantswingititist ! Know what I mean ?? Let's send her a :grouphug: and maybe she'll be better.

I'd be even more better if you sent me a loan so I could go to Disney in December :D...
Actually I was too busy over the weekend to pop in, I was off on Monday and didn't touch the computer. Then yesterday I was suffering from 'dicedmixedfruitrecalledduetosalmonellasoIhavetoca llallourcustomerstotellthemaboutititis'.. Whew! That's a mouthful!

It's been awhile since I've been in this particular thread - did y'all miss me?

Welcome! Are you here to volunteer to wear the possum suit?

Di, :hug: how's your neck doing? If it's still giving you problems, :pixie::pixie: to make it better!!

Thanks for the hug Carol. Neck's doing better. Been using a contoured pillow and that has seemed to help alot. It's now down to mostly a dull ache.

MissStyles
03-26-2008, 08:53 AM
When are you getting married Emily? Congratulations!!

Congrats!! I didn't realize you were getting married -- where and when?? :cloud9:

Emily - Congrats! When's the date?

Thank you girls ;) We are aiming for June of 2009. There are SO many options down here, we're leaning towards St. Augustine. I've got so much to research, I'm excited. I've already got my dress though :funny: I hope you don't mind as you might be hearing details as they come about over the next year. A tidbit you might appreciate, Bob planned the whole engagement last Labor Day Weekend when I was in Disney World!!! Then when I was at the INTERCOT meet in October he planned the last minute details (it happened the weekend after). When I got home from the meet he said, I made reservations for The Ritz Carlton for dinner on Friday night. I was suspicious but still very surprised. I think the Disney magic definitely added to it!!!! :cloud9:

How about at WDW the weekend of Dec 12??? We have flower girls, ring bearers and the cost of catering will be low since you only have to worry about cookies.

Don't TEMPT me!!!!!!!!

:funny: The next line in our house is "Whatever you say, Dear." Ain't married life grand?

Is this what I have to look forward to? :blush:

alpro2
03-26-2008, 09:25 AM
Allllleeeeex, can I borrow your cheerleader outfit?
I knew you had it in you Ken! It was somewhere deep, but it was in there! :D

Poor Rhonda! Are all the old regulars taking it in turns to test her?

I don't want to brag, but I never get the :nono: from Rhonda (unless I do it on purpose). Ain't that right, Rhonda?

Speaking of time flying.... I realized when I read Ken's post that although I'm not to my I'cot anniversary date, it's been 1 year since I joined JQ!!! It was just prior to Easter last year that I found you guys -- I remember all the Easter Bunny jokes, and trying to figure you all out and what all the questions were about... who Frankie was and why you guys kept flying off to different places and losing your luggage.... and the cookies!! Goodness, I almost forgot to bring cookies, but quickly remedied it.... and then Alex ate them all.... Ahhhh.... such fond memories!!

Yeah, that's great Blythe. :shake: :D

Speaking of which, I think Banker Babe and I joined the JQ thread around the same time. Then motormouth, I mean, Diane joined. :D

Me too ! Can we have a :grouphug: ??

Easy there, big fella. :hide2:

It's been awhile since I've been in this particular thread - did y'all miss me?
Like a toothache. :D Just kidding Jeanne!

pogo
03-26-2008, 09:36 AM
So Pogo I know we shouldn't wish our day away but are we allowed do-overs? And it's DH's birthday. Going to be a weird day I can just tell.
You mean.... like in groundhogs day ???? :confused: Sure why not.

Buddy, do you have a problem with spandex?
Yes I do ! All men and 99.5% women should NEVER wear it !

Where's Pogo this morning?
DSL was down. :(

I'm here, I'm here... I managed to lurk a bit yesterday, but wow! You guys are sure talkative.. I really need a Reader's Digest update... from what I gathered someone (Pogo maybe?) is gonna wear a Possum suit at Disney in December, Ken's become a cheerleader at a local college, Alex has rejoined the working class, Jym is planning to leave his newborn baby alone at home while he and his dw go to Disney in December, Carol's mittens are settling into her new home (though I would think all you have to do to mittens is put them in a drawer :D) Jasper has volunteered to do everyone's laundry and we are suppossed to be taking turns forgetting our questions to keep Rhonda on her toes? Did I get that all right?

You better go back and read.... You are mostly wrong ! :fresh:

I'd be even more better if you sent me a loan so I could go to Disney in December.

How much do you need and when can I expect to be repaid ???? :confused:

We are aiming for June of 2009. There are SO many options down here, we're leaning towards St. Augustine. I've got so much to research, I'm excited. I've already got my dress though :funny: I hope you don't mind as you might be hearing details as they come about over the next year. A tidbit you might appreciate, Bob planned the whole engagement last Labor Day Weekend when I was in Disney World!!! Then when I was at the INTERCOT meet in October he planned the last minute details (it happened the weekend after). When I got home from the meet he said, I made reservations for The Ritz Carlton for dinner on Friday night. I was suspicious but still very surprised. I think the Disney magic definitely added to it!!!!
If you had your wedding in December, we even have a couple of :old: guys to walk you down the isle if needed ! :D

ElenitaB
03-26-2008, 09:56 AM
Di, excellent job on the RD summary! :thumbsup: I think we've found a new line of work for you!

Page, we've got to coordinate better! I just made a nice pot of Earl Gray, but no scones! But that's a great idea for later. Maybe I'll make them over lunch and we can have a light afternoon tea. Who'd like to join us?

First of all,

Happy birthday, Matt! :party:

So William's home from school today. Will you let him near the 'puter? He and Ben can play VMK together.

Then yesterday I was suffering from 'dicedmixedfruitrecalledduetosalmonellasoIhavetoca llallourcustomerstotellthemaboutititis'.. Whew! That's a mouthful!

Thanks for the hug Carol. Neck's doing better. Been using a contoured pillow and that has seemed to help alot. It's now down to mostly a dull ache.
That's very thorough of your company. The rest of us consumers just get a mention on the news not to eat something.

Hey, Emily, one of our senior statesmen even might be able to marry you!

ONLY if you train him well!

Okay, I guess it's time to go to work. What do you guys think? ;)

pogo
03-26-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey, Emily, one of our senior statesmen even might be able to marry you!
Wait a minute, silly. I'm married and so is Ken, isn't he ??? How could we marry Emily ?? :D

disneydeb
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
You have all been chatty this AM!
Ken, do you have a license to marry people in Florida? If not - get one I think Emily willl call on you to officiate at the wedding and Pogo to "give her away". :D

Emilly, throw your bouquet to Amy as I'm trying to get her to marry her current boyfriend! He is a nice guy. - and has an appreciation for Disney and the finer things of life - home and family .

pogo
03-26-2008, 10:30 AM
You have all been chatty this AM!
Ken, do you have a license to marry people in Florida? If not - get one I think Emily willl call on you to officiate at the wedding and Pogo to "give her away". :D

Emilly, throw your bouquet to Amy as I'm trying to get her to marry her current boyfriend! He is a nice guy. - and has an appreciation for Disney and the finer things of life - home and family .
But..... does he have a love for Disney as well as Bass Fishing ?????

OMG....... You just made me snort with your new signature line. :funny:

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 10:36 AM

Possums and ducks snort? I just learned something new!!!:D

disneydrmr
03-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Speaking of which, I think Banker Babe and I joined the JQ thread around the same time. Then motormouth, I mean, Diane joined.

HEY! I resemble that remark! :D

How much do you need and when can I expect to be repaid ????

Let's see, a week at the Poly, first class air fare down, all the meals there, money to buy all the Stitch stuff they have... I'd say a good $6,000 would cover it. I could pay you back $25 per month until it's paid off. Do you need to know who to make the check out to? :D

Di, excellent job on the RD summary! :thumbsup: I think we've found a new line of work for you!

That's very thorough of your company. The rest of us consumers just get a mention on the news not to eat something.

Okay, I guess it's time to go to work. What do you guys think? ;)

Thanks! I thought I caught the jist of the recent conversations.. Pogo seems to think I was way off though... don't they say something though about old men and their memories?

Yeah.. every single recall we have to call everyone who has ordered the product. This time around though the product in question had an expiration date of 3/23 anyway.. so the customer had better have used it already. It was an issue of cantalope.. so if anyone out there has any cantalope that came from Chili.. well... you might wanna toss it.

I think you should skip work today and do something fun! Go see a movie! Go shopping! Go out to lunch!

disneydeb
03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
But..... does he have a love for Disney as well as Bass Fishing ?????

He knows how to fish and hunt. He is planning a trip to Disney in the next year - December, actually....;)

Do you know why?;)

offwego
03-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Ellen, William's not normally allowed on without us around but if you'll be around that would be ok..just let me know.

Crazy day as I thought..anyone have any fun things to talk about? Besides Di and her recalls? Does anyone else get afraid to eat with all the stuff she has to get back?

disneydrmr
03-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Crazy day as I thought..anyone have any fun things to talk about? Besides Di and her recalls? Does anyone else get afraid to eat with all the stuff she has to get back?

Seriously.. it is very scary out there in the food world. You just never know...even scarier.. they had set some of this product out for the office to eat... my supervisor and co-worker both ate some of it (I didn't cause I wasn't in a 'fruit' mood that day).. both of them ended up with some tummy issues... this obviously before we knew about the recall and salmonella.

Sooooooo... who wants to go to a 12pm lunch meeting in my place?

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 11:30 AM

It may not be a fun thing to talk about, but I just did something that I'm really happy about!!! I got my computer hutch into my scrapbooking studio that the movers couldn't get in. There were three men that couldn't get it in and one Carol that got it in all by herself!!! Of course I took off the top, but I got it in with no help!!! This computer hutch thing was really bothering me. Now I know I can get the studio put back together and it shouldn't take me long to now get the house together.

Can I use !!! instead of questions?

disneydeb
03-26-2008, 11:31 AM

Didn't we just have lunch at Columbia Harbour House? :confused:

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 11:32 AM
Seriously.. it is very scary out there in the food world. You just never know...even scarier.. they had set some of this product out for the office to eat... my supervisor and co-worker both ate some of it (I didn't cause I wasn't in a 'fruit' mood that day).. both of them ended up with some tummy issues... this obviously before we knew about the recall and salmonella.

Is it okay if I pass? I have to get ready to go to work about that time.

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 11:33 AM

Oh, that sounds like a good idea. Is Pogo treating us?

pogo
03-26-2008, 12:01 PM
Let's see, a week at the Poly, first class air fare down, all the meals there, money to buy all the Stitch stuff they have... I'd say a good $6,000 would cover it. I could pay you back $25 per month until it's paid off. Do you need to know who to make the check out to?
I'd make the check out to a real dreamer with those terms. Do you think I'm that easy ??? :shake:

He knows how to fish and hunt. He is planning a trip to Disney in the next year - December, actually....;)

Do you know why?
So he can meet the "JQ" crew ?? :D

drummerboy
03-26-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh my gosh Di, I didn't realize you were a JQU Roads Scholar! That one made me snort too (although it could have been my allergies kicking up).

I'm supposed to bring a guest to the Rotary social tonight. Who wants to come with me? There'll be a spectacular waterfront view.

pogo
03-26-2008, 01:14 PM
I'm supposed to bring a guest to the Rotary social tonight. Who wants to come with me? There'll be a spectacular waterfront view.

Does your wife know you are soliciting in JQ for a date tonight ??? :D

disneydeb
03-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Oh my gosh Di, I didn't realize you were a JQU Roads Scholar! That one made me snort too (although it could have been my allergies kicking up).

Di is a scholar ;)

Will there be fireworks?

sorarail
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
Thanks for asking, Page. I'm doing okay, still can't sleep because I can't handle these boxes all over the place. I was talking to my supervisor yesterday and we decided that the reason I can't handle things in boxes is because of the job. You see a box, it needs to be emptied and put away. I was hoping to get a little done before I go to work today, but I have someone coming in to hook up the dishwasher. I'm hoping he'll be here early and get out of here early!!

Does anyone want unfinished quilts and wallhangings? It's a way to unpack, right?

Carol, just think to yourself "One box at a time, one box at a time." Don't look at all of them or they will overwhelm you. And set an empty box aside for Mittens to play in. Does he like to play in empty boxes?

DH and I are heading toward our 25th anniversary....we been using the "Yes, Dear - Whatever you say..." almost the entire time. And, in our house, the words go both ways - sometimes I say "Yes, Dear," sometimes he does. We're best friends - can't get much better than that, can you?

Page, we've got to coordinate better! I just made a nice pot of Earl Gray, but no scones! But that's a great idea for later. Maybe I'll make them over lunch and we can have a light afternoon tea. Who'd like to join us?

Let me know what I may bring to afternoon tea. I do have some nice almond biscuits. Do you think they would go well with Earl Grey?

Wait a minute, silly. I'm married and so is Ken, isn't he ??? How could we marry Emily ?? :D

I could perform the ceremony if Emily wants to get married in SC. I'm a notary and notaries in SC are allowed to sign the marriage license.
Hey, Emily, would you like to get married in SC?

Yeah.. every single recall we have to call everyone who has ordered the product. This time around though the product in question had an expiration date of 3/23 anyway.. so the customer had better have used it already. It was an issue of cantalope.. so if anyone out there has any cantalope that came from Chili.. well... you might wanna toss it.

I think you should skip work today and do something fun! Go see a movie! Go shopping! Go out to lunch!

I had some kind of melon that came from Guatemala for b'fast on Sunday. It was quite tasty and no repercussions. Getting scary out there, isn't it? Salmonella in a water supply....eek!

I'm already at work, too late to skip. Oh well...

Boss is back from lunch, I need to get back to it!

offwego
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Wow chatty bunch today. No melon with tea thanks.

Ken that sounds nice what time does it start?

So did we deciede on colours? I need to buy shoes.

disneydrmr
03-26-2008, 02:52 PM

Yes, we did and it was very good! But you know I gotta keep up my energy if we are gonna make it all day in the World!

Is it okay if I pass? I have to get ready to go to work about that time.

Sure.. go ahead.. pass up the opportunity at a free lunch...

Isn't Pogo always treating us? (like chopped liver..)

I'd make the check out to a real dreamer with those terms. Do you think I'm that easy ??? :shake:

Ummmmm.... do we think you are easy?... this IS a family friendly site you know...:fresh:

Ummm... I didn't realize I was a JQU Roads Scholar either? :confused: Where'd you come up with that?

Soooo... your wife has been back from her trip for how long? And she's already sick of being in your company and refusing to go out in public with you? :D

Does your wife know you are soliciting in JQ for a date tonight ??? :D

Pogo - I think he's hoping Alex will be his escort. With those great legs of his I'm sure Alex will look good in a cocktail dress (hot pink of course)...

Di is a scholar ;)

Thank you Deb... I do have my moments...

So did we deciede on colours? I need to buy shoes.

Buy shoes? Why buy shoes? From the way it sounds I think you need to go scrape some roadkill off the pavement (perferably possum) and make some shoes out of it's hide...

offwego
03-26-2008, 03:25 PM
Buy shoes? Why buy shoes? From the way it sounds I think you need to go scrape some roadkill off the pavement (perferably possum) and make some shoes out of it's hide...

I always need new shoes..and I've never made them. Should I be?

ElenitaB
03-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Emily, Amy has a BF already. Throw the bouquet MY way and there's a lifetime supply of Dole Whips and cookies in it for you.

Deb, WHY are they going to WDW in December? I seem to remember the mention of something sparkly. Oh, oh! Maybe we could have a double wedding!

Nat, not to change the subject, but how is William feeling?

Okay... back to the grind! :D (I'm immensely enjoying the work I'm doing today... am I blessed, or what?)

offwego
03-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Emily, Amy has a BF already. Throw the bouquet MY way and there's a lifetime supply of Dole Whips and cookies in it for you.

Deb, WHY are they going to WDW in December? I seem to remember the mention of something sparkly. Oh, oh! Maybe we could have a double wedding!

Nat, not to change the subject, but how is William feeling?

Okay... back to the grind! :D (I'm immensely enjoying the work I'm doing today... am I blessed, or what?)

That's funny Ellen about the dole whips. William is still feeling pretty sicky.

I'm glad your having a good day I'm having a rotten one so that must be where my good ran away too. You can keep it for a while longer but I would like some back sooner or later. Please tell me we have coffee. Please?

drummerboy
03-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Ummm... I didn't realize I was a JQU Roads Scholar either? :confused: Where'd you come up with that?

Oops, wrong sister. :blush:

Soooo... your wife has been back from her trip for how long? And she's already sick of being in your company and refusing to go out in public with you? :D
Well, she's out of town seeing the grandyoung'uns right now, but it isn't really a member/spouse function anyway. We're supposed to be bringing potential members. I haven't had time to think of anybody to bring.

How's hump day been treating everybody?

offwego
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=drummerboy;1586194]Well, she's out of town seeing the grandyoung'uns right now, but it isn't really a member/spouse function anyway. We're supposed to be bringing potential members. /QUOTE]

To be honest with you I seem to just miss Rotary with every move. Just as I can't think of any more reasons to avoid it I move. Does that count as a technique? Seriously..just call random bankers. If they are anything like me they are supposed to go to those kinda things.

Dsnygirl
03-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Hey Blythe, got any cookies?

I'll take some jelly beans! Heck, I'll take just about any food.
No cookies, but plenty of chocolate, Peeps and jelly beans!! Where should I send them??

Do you think the Disney obsession is genetic, by any chance? Nature or nurture??

Genetic, maybe - wouldn't know, as I'm adopted. But definitely not just nurture - I grew up in a an "anti-Disney" atmosphere, and look at me now!! Still makes my mom shake her head and wonder what the heck happened... :D Lucky for my girls, they've got it both going for them... they never stood a chance!! :cloud9:

I woke up and came down to see how my peeps were doing.
Sorry I wasn't around to say hi -- I believe I was in the recovery room with patients about that time. :( As far as your peeps -- are they stale yet?? Ours are, except the ones my mom sent in a Cool Whip container.... ;)

:funny: -- I like your new signature line!!

I wish!! That's Ellen's specialty -- I really need to get some made!!

:party: Di - congrats on 6K - sorry I missed it!! :party:

So - how's everyone this late afternoon? I'm about to head off to the showers... turns out when I got to work last night, I wasn't on the schedule -- I'm on Friday, instead. So - they were so busy I stayed and did 12hrs OT -- it'll be a nice paycheck, but as I've still got to work tonight and then F,Sat,Sun, I don't see myself doing much this weekend! :( Anybody have any fun plans??

offwego
03-26-2008, 04:59 PM
So - how's everyone this late afternoon? I'm about to head off to the showers... turns out when I got to work last night, I wasn't on the schedule -- I'm on Friday, instead. So - they were so busy I stayed and did 12hrs OT -- it'll be a nice paycheck, but as I've still got to work tonight and then F,Sat,Sun, I don't see myself doing much this weekend! :( Anybody have any fun plans?? Does recouping from a performance review count? Me thinks not.

Sorry about the schedule mix up that can't be fun.

Nascfan
03-26-2008, 07:38 PM
No cookies, but plenty of chocolate, Peeps and jelly beans!! Where should I send them??

Oooo, you can send it all right here, to Toleeeedo! :D

Di hit 6k? I meant to go back and check, but forgot. Congrats Lady Di! :thumbsup:

Hey, guess what? We're under 80 days! 79, to be exact. Isn't that exciting?

drummerboy
03-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Drimmerboy Discount Receivables will help you offload those items. :D

Genetic, maybe - wouldn't know, as I'm adopted.
My mother was adopted, so we still don't know half our heritage. We once thought maybe French, but now we're thinking maybe Danish. Either way, it makes for great pastries.

Speaking of French, has everybody been finding their way around Paris all right?

Dsnygirl
03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Does recouping from a performance review count? Me thinks not.

Sorry about the schedule mix up that can't be fun.
I bet your review will be fine, and you won't have to recoup at all!! Silly..... :)

As far as the sched. mixup, I've done it before and you're right, it's usually not fun -- but last night worked out well on the $$$ end of things... just not looking forward to working a 3-night weekend! But hey - it'll go by fast, and when it's all over, it'll almost be April!! :D

Oooo, you can send it all right here, to Toleeeedo! :D

Hey, guess what? We're under 80 days! 79, to be exact. Isn't that exciting?
On it's way.... enjoy!!

79 days.... wow!! I listenend to my Hallowishes/Magic Kingdom party CD on the way in to work tonight before I gave it to a friend to borrow -- boy oh boy did that make me anxious to get back!! We won't be back for Halloween 'til next year, but it didn't matter -- just hearing the music and the Fairy Godmother and some of the familiar MK music made me ache to get there!!! :cloud9:

My mother was adopted, so we still don't know half our heritage. We once thought maybe French, but now we're thinking maybe Danish. Either way, it makes for great pastries.

:laughing: I know my heritage, on the most basic level - English, Dutch, German - but I don't know who carried what. That, and a description of what my parents looked like... but that's about all they did "way back when". ;)

And yes, thank you, we're enjoying Paris very much!! Just need to make time for a latte at some little coffee shop....

pogo
03-26-2008, 08:15 PM
How's hump day been treating everybody?
Didn't get a chance to figure it out. Too many things going on. Did you ever get that email ?? :confused:

Genetic, maybe - wouldn't know, as I'm adopted.

So..... you did get the papers last Friday ! :D

mouseaddict
03-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Emily, have you looked into the San Sebastian winery? I have a friend that had her reception there and loved it. I looked at St Augustine but settled on JAX beach for my wedding. There is also a nice place in Orange Park called the Hill top that is beautiful!
anyone up for strawberries and cream?

Nascfan
03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey Michelle, do you get to St. Augustine and/or St. Augustine Beach much? I love that area! I want to retire there. Heck, I want to live there while I'm still working!

drummerboy
03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Did you ever get that email ?? :confused:
Got the PM. Got one on the way.

Why didn't somebody tell me I almost forgot my question?

offwego
03-26-2008, 08:49 PM

How was Rotary? Did everyone have a nice dinner? I made DH one of his favorite weekday things so he's happy.

Now if only tea would make itself. Anyone else for some white tea?

pogo
03-26-2008, 09:17 PM

Got yours and sent you another !

Hey Ken..... you almost forgot your question !

Did that help ??? :D

Dsnygirl
03-26-2008, 09:53 PM
So..... you did get the papers last Friday ! :D
:)

Yes!! It'd go perfect with my coffee....

So- how's everyone's night? I'm having serious "iwannagotodisneyworldrightnowitis".... it'll pass, but boy oh boy does listening to some good 'ole Disney music put you in the mood to be there RIGHT NOW!!! I guess I'll have to ban it from the car for awhile.... I know once the nice weather gets here and we get busy, it'll go away for awhile.... boy, it better warm up soon!! :blush:

So - got here and had a baby.... a little girl one, to be exact, named Eliza. How cute is that???

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Carol, just think to yourself "One box at a time, one box at a time." Don't look at all of them or they will overwhelm you. And set an empty box aside for Mittens to play in. Does he like to play in empty boxes?

He loves boxes, but he's actually been leaving them alone. Do you think it's because right now he's associating the box with the move? He also loves bags. Since a lot of places up here are going green and doing away with plastic bags, they sell reusable bags. I have 2 of them from work, which he loves to crawl into.

I think today when I got the computer hutch into the scrapbooking studio it took a lot of the pressure off. I kept seeing it sitting in the enrty way and was totally bugging me that it was still sitting out there and I couldn't get things done in that room. Gilles set up the desktop tonight and still has to put the stuff into the hutch, but at least he's helping, so I'm happy. As the saying goes "if mamma isn't happy then nobody's happy!!":D

Isn't Pogo always treating us? (like chopped liver..)

That is so true....he could treat us better like chopped steak.:D

Caroleh
03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
So - got here and had a baby.... a little girl one, to be exact, named Eliza. How cute is that???

You had a baby and you're already posting? Boy you're really good!!! :D

Beast_fanatic
03-26-2008, 10:40 PM
We won't be back for Halloween 'til next year, but it didn't matter -- just hearing the music and the Fairy Godmother and some of the familiar MK music made me ache to get there!!!

Are you actually going on Halloween next year, or earlier? We're planning to go for Robert's 50th birthday (11/5/2009), so we'll likely be there over Halloween next year.

I would have told you. After the fact, of course. ;)

pogo
03-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Aw...... you have the greatest job ! :thumbsup:

Isn't every day a birthday ?? :D

That is so true....he could treat us better like chopped steak.
:soapbox:How could I possibly treat you and Diane any better ????
I give you all the :shot: you can handle and Diane gets more than enough :fresh: to keep her happy.

:drama: What more can one guy do....... WHAT MORE CAN I DO ????? :D

Natazu
03-26-2008, 10:57 PM
So- how's everyone's night? I'm having serious "iwannagotodisneyworldrightnowitis".... Wouldn't that be iwannagotodisneyworldrightnowosis? Some nurse. ;)

That is so true....he could treat us better like chopped steak.:DI like chopped steak, maybe a little teriyaki glaze.

drummerboy
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
How was Rotary? Did everyone have a nice dinner? I made DH one of his favorite weekday things so he's happy.
Actually, we had Quizno's subs with chips and COOKIES. It was very informal.

We also had guests. Rotary sponsors Group Study Exchange teams where a group of business people from one country will spend several weeks in another country studying their business practices, government, etc. We have a team from India in our district and they spent dinner with us. One male plastic surgeon headed the team of five females--a dentistry student, a CPA (equivalent) and some other business-types. We had a nice time hearing from them and talking with them during dinner.

At one point, while they were introducing themselves, DD (she's in Rotary too) found herself standing in the middle of them. I was going to say I didn't know she'd moved to India, but she moved away from them just in time. Drat, what fun is it if I can't embarass my own DD? :thedolls: (No comments about my very presence being embarassing enough.)

ElenitaB
03-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Just zooping in to say hi!

I'd love to explore Paris. Hey, Jym... want to find a good restaurant for us? What about Le Cracker Barrel or La Maison du Waffle? ;)

Natazu
03-27-2008, 01:44 AM

I'd love to explore Paris. Hey, Jym... want to find a good restaurant for us? What about Le Cracker Barrel or La Maison du Waffle? ;)
Tell the truth, you just zooped in to make fun of me and Cracker Barrel didn't you?

disneydeb
03-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Either one sound pretty good to me right now Bring on the breakfast.:eat:

Ellen , I hope all goes well for you today! Cellular ninja fighting pixie dust coming your way!:pixie::pixie:

Who wants bisquit and gravy?

pogo
03-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Good morning all.... boy is it quiet during the night without T&G around or what ??? I hope she is having a wonderful time ! I'm sure she is. :D

Tell the truth, you just zooped in to make fun of me and Cracker Barrel didn't you?
And it worked ! :D

Either one sound pretty good to me right now Bring on the breakfast.:eat:

Ahhhhhh.... biscuit and gravy.......:cloud9:.... I haven't had that since my USAF days. Can I have an order of grits to go with it ???? :D

offwego
03-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Can I get the biscuits without the gravy? The grits are ok though.

Morning all a quick zoop as I have a long meeting day so won't be around. Have a good one all.

(and yes Ellen William is still a sicko..poor kid! Hope your doing ok today..We will be thinking of you!)

disneydeb
03-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Good morning all....

Ahhhhhh.... biscuit and gravy.......:cloud9:.... I haven't had that since my USAF days. Can I have an order of grits to go with it ???? :D

Well DUH ....of course, grits is something you don't have to order down here it just magically appears on the plate.:D
Now country ham, bacon or sausage, and how do you want those eggs?

Caroleh
03-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Good morning, everyone!!! How is everyone this great Thursday morning?

Jym, I love your location!!!

I'll pass on the biscuits and gravy. I'm not much of a breakfast eater.

Hey Pogo.....:hug:

Hey Alex.....:fresh:

Have I thrown everyone off this morning?

MissStyles
03-27-2008, 08:22 AM

Sorry Deb - I can not pass this offer up. Ellen I'm aiming straight for you ;) I'm glad everyone has planned my wedding for me so I don't have to. I'd love to have Page and/or Drummerboy officiate and Pogo give me away :D

Emily, have you looked into the San Sebastian winery? I have a friend that had her reception there and loved it. I looked at St Augustine but settled on JAX beach for my wedding. There is also a nice place in Orange Park called the Hill top that is beautiful!

I looked into it. I'm not sure what we want to do. We don't want it to be typical at all and I don't want to spend a ton of $$$. I have a feeling St. Augustine might be out of our price range :( I'm looking into Jax Beach as well. Where did you have yours? I'll take some strawberries if you have any left. :tasty:

Hey Michelle, do you get to St. Augustine and/or St. Augustine Beach much? I love that area! I want to retire there. Heck, I want to live there while I'm still working!

I love it there too!!! I'm going down next weekend to take a tour of the lighthouse at night. :ghost:

Congratulations on a job well done!! That name is definitely so cute.

Good morning, everyone!!! How is everyone this great Thursday morning?

Bonjour! Not bad the sun's out and I'm healthy so I have no right to complain. How are you?

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I know my heritage, on the most basic level - English, Dutch, German - but I don't know who carried what. That, and a description of what my parents looked like... but that's about all they did "way back when".
My second brother was adopted. All he knows is that his parents were French Canadian and very very young. We're thankful for their decision....He likes to tell us he's the only one my parents chose. :D

So - got here and had a baby.... a little girl one, to be exact, named Eliza. How cute is that???Does Eliza do little? :funny:

I'd love to explore Paris. Hey, Jym... want to find a good restaurant for us? What about Le Cracker Barrel or La Maison du Waffle? ;)Hey Ellen! I'll be thinking of you today! :pixie: We ate at a Waffle House once down in Georgia or Tennessee. Can you say never ever again??? I was afeared! I will take some biscuits and gravy though Deb! Thanks for asking!

Good morning, everyone!!! How is everyone this great Thursday morning? My life continues to be good Carol! How goes the unpacking? I'll bet you are done, aren't you?

Hey Howdy Hey to the rest of you! Keep well today! :mickey:

disneydeb
03-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Sorry Deb - I can not pass this offer up. Ellen I'm aiming straight for you ;) I'm glad everyone has planned my wedding for me so I don't have to. I'd love to have Page and/or Drummerboy officiate and Pogo give me away :

Ellen and Emily, be careful! Amy is trained as a post in basketball, she knows how to box out and use her hips!
I sat next to some people in Memphis when Amy was playing in a B'ball tourney, the lady kept saying "Man that girl is too short to play post, but she's got good skills!" :D

So is Alex going to be your Matron of Honor? :D

Sorry Alex, I needed a question.:thedolls:

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 09:02 AM
Mornin' all! How's the bestest friends that the internet can find doing today?

:soapbox:How could I possibly treat you and Diane any better ????
I give you all the you can handle and Diane gets more than enough :fresh: to keep her happy.

:drama: What more can one guy do....... WHAT MORE CAN I DO ?????

Wow.. a bit melodramatic aren't we? And are you SURE you want to ask us what more you can do to make us happy? :D

I'd love to explore Paris. Hey, Jym... want to find a good restaurant for us? What about Le Cracker Barrel or La Maison du Waffle?

What's wrong with Cracker Barrel? Don't be dissin' my favorite table service place to eat! Bring on the Hashbrown Casserole!!!!!

Ellen - good luck today! I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!

Either one sound pretty good to me right now Bring on the breakfast.

Ahhhhhh.... biscuit and gravy........... I haven't had that since my USAF days. Can I have an order of grits to go with it ????

Now my tummy is growling! I'll take some biscuits and gravy.. and the grits! With lots of butter and sugar mixed in with them!!! mmmmm....

Well DUH ....of course, grits is something you don't have to order down here it just magically appears on the plate.

May I please have a samplin' of all three meats? And I would love my eggs over medium please! And please don't forget the fried apples!!!!

I love it there too!!! I'm going down next weekend to take a tour of the lighthouse at night. :ghost:

OOOOhhhhhh... Please tell us all about it! I watched that episode of Ghost Hunters.. some really scary stuff.. that apparition looking over the railing/stairs at them... gave me the shivers! Be careful!

Does Eliza do little? :funny:

:funny: You know... you really quack me up sometimes!!! Thanks for the chuckle this morning!

alpro2
03-27-2008, 11:07 AM

Am I in Bizzaro World?

Does Eliza do little? :funny:

Only you can get away with that one. :D

Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl
We ate at a Waffle House once down in Georgia or Tennessee. Can you say never ever again??? I was afeared!
You ate at Waffle House? oooof! Oh, well, I guess everybody has to experience Waffle House at least once in their lifetime. Do me a favor....next time - ask first!

Sorry Alex, I needed a question.:thedolls:
That's OK Deb, anytime for you! Not for that Carol, though! :thedolls:

Mickey'sGirl
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
You ate at Waffle House? oooof! Oh, well, I guess everybody has to experience Waffle House at least once in their lifetime. Do me a favor....next time - ask first! Now that I have your cell number, I will! :thumbsup:

Hey Di -- I was just reading your DLR trip reports.....I could only find Days 1 and 2 ... did you have others? I am interested in your take on things seeing as you are a JQ scholar too......

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 12:21 PM
You ate at Waffle House? oooof! Oh, well, I guess everybody has to experience Waffle House at least once in their lifetime. Do me a favor....next time - ask first!

Yeah.. make sure you ask.. cause I have a coupon I would have GLADLY given you...buy a regular breakfast get a free waffle! Yep.. you could have had it with no problem! Anyone else want it? Though it is only good at Waffle Houses in the Cincinnati area...

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey Di -- I was just reading your DLR trip reports.....I could only find Days 1 and 2 ... did you have others? I am interested in your take on things seeing as you are a JQ scholar too......

Yeah.. I should've had 3 and 4.. but I never got around to typing them up.. and now it's been so long ago I probably wouldn't remember...

My take on it is I LOVED Disneyland! it's a whole different feel than WDW... the magic is sooo there! Everything is in walking distance so there's no waiting on busses, you can hop from park to park with NO troubles... I would go back in a heartbeat! OH! Make sure you listen at the windows near the lockers...

Why can't I come up with a question?

Nascfan
03-27-2008, 01:22 PM

What fun! We took one of the ghost tours of the city a few years ago. Fascinating. And not just the ghost stories either, but some of the random facts, like, when soldiers attacking the Castillo were killed, many times they were just buried where they fell. Kind of eww, creepy, but fascinating.

Nat, William's still sick? Give that boy some extra feel better :pixie: from me, will ya?

pogo
03-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Well DUH ....of course, grits is something you don't have to order down here it just magically appears on the plate.
I'm a thinkin' more liiiike a little venison sausage..... and the eggs.... sunny side up to go with them !

You do have venison sausage, don't you ???

Have I thrown everyone off this morning?
OK.... who are you and what have you done with the real Caroleh ???? :confused:

I'd love to have Page and/or Drummerboy officiate and Pogo give me away
Aw shucks.... what an honor ! But... I was gonna sell you, not give you away ! :D

Does Eliza do little?
Nope.... Eliza does a lot ! :D

What's wrong with Cracker Barrel? Don't be dissin' my favorite place to eat! Bring on the Hashbrown Casserole!!!!!
What happened to Popeyes ?? :confused:

Now that I have your cell number, I will!
I thought you had your own cell number ?? :confused:

Yeah.. I should've had 3 and 4.. but I never got around to typing them up.. and now it's been so long ago I probably wouldn't remember...
Old age setting in ! :D

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 02:32 PM
What happened to Popeyes ?? :confused:

Old age setting in ! :D

Popeyes is one of my favorite 'COUNTER' service places.. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite "TABLE' service places. Got it?

And just remember - YOU are older than I am :fresh:

pogo
03-27-2008, 03:14 PM
What's wrong with Cracker Barrel? Don't be dissin' my favorite place to eat! Bring on the Hashbrown Casserole!!!!!

Popeyes is one of my favorite 'COUNTER' service places.. Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite "TABLE' service places. Got it?
Where in that post does it say "table service" or "counter service" ????? :fresh:

Say what you mean.... and mean what you say ! :D

And just remember - YOU are older than I am :fresh:
And smarter ! :fresh:

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Where in that post does it say "table service" or "counter service" ????? :fresh:

Say what you mean.... and mean what you say ! :D

And smarter ! :fresh:

Smarter? Hmmm.. don't know about that.. go back and reread my post 'old man'... it does say table service... I think your 'old eyes' are playing tricks on you. :D :fresh:

Say what I mean and mean what I say eh? Ok... Pogo.. you are by far one of the nicest people I know! (looks up into the sky for a lightening bolt to strike).. hmmm... whew! I really did mean that! :fresh:

Jasper
03-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Hi all, I know it is late in the day and many of our friends have gone home for the day but I thought I would check in and say howdy since I was off the boards completely yesterday so here goes . . . .HOWDY!!

OK, I just have to weigh in on the whole grits conversation. At the risk of being shot and carved up as venison steak I just have to ask if I am the only person on the planet who doesn't like grits? To me grits taste a whole lot like sand with some sugar thrown on top!

By the way, I think we may finally be getting caught up on the laundry at my wife's costume store. We have finally finished laundering all the returns from the schools and only have the Easter Bunnies and Easter Chickens to do yet.

We have a lot of things going on the next few days - including hosting my wife's entire family on Sunday for their annual Easter get together. We normally do that on Palm Sunday but since DW and I were in Las Vegas on that Sunday this year we held off until the Sunday after easter this year.

I tried to lay a real guilt trip on my wife about her family. Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed because my back hurt so bad. I tried to convince DW that my back was hurting because of all the extra cleaning I have been doing in preparation for her family. Like usual though DW didn't buy it. In fact, she told me to take two aspirin and get over it!! Then again, she told me the same thing about 10 years ago and the next day I was in the operating room having my first back surgery!

Huh, OK, does anyone know if I had a question in all that mess or not?

pogo
03-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Say what I mean and mean what I say eh? Ok... Pogo.. you are by far one of the nicest people I know! (looks up into the sky for a lightening bolt to strike).. hmmm... whew! I really did mean that! :fresh:
You are learning ! :hug: Don't you feel better now ??? :D

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 03:53 PM
OK, I just have to weigh in on the whole grits conversation. At the risk of being shot and carved up as venison steak I just have to ask if I am the only person on the planet who doesn't like grits? To me grits taste a whole lot like sand with some sugar thrown on top!

I tried to lay a real guilt trip on my wife about her family. Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed because my back hurt so bad. I tried to convince DW that my back was hurting because of all the extra cleaning I have been doing in preparation for her family. Like usual though DW didn't buy it. In fact, she told me to take two aspirin and get over it!! Then again, she told me the same thing about 10 years ago and the next day I was in the operating room having my first back surgery!

You are not the only person who doesn't like grits... I've heard of a few others. I like them with lots of butter and sugar mixed in. I want them as sweet as the ice tea I drink with them! ha ha..

Well well well.. you have just given me the proof I need for knowing that my dh is just trying to work me when he tells me his back is too sore to do this or that.. you just said that you do it because you want out of cleaning/etc.. yep! I knew it! All you men are the same! :D (I do hope your back feels better soon!)

You are learning ! :hug: Don't you feel better now ??? :D

Nope.. I don't feel better.. I actually feel afraid.. very very afraid... I'm thinking I'm turning soft... :D I'm losing my edge... what can I do?

pogo
03-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Nope.. I don't feel better.. I actually feel afraid.. very very afraid... I'm thinking I'm turning soft... :D I'm losing my edge... what can I do?
Exercise ????????????????? :D

disneydrmr
03-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Exercise ????????????????? :D

:fresh:

Need I say more?

Jasper
03-27-2008, 04:20 PM
yep! I knew it! All you men are the same! :D (I do hope your back feels better soon!)

Actually most men are not like me. Most men are smart, good looking, and do exactly what their spouse/significant other wants them to do without fuss!

(OK Pogo, does that get me back in good graces with all you men on here?)

pogo
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Actually most men are not like me. Most men are smart, good looking, and do exactly what their spouse/significant other wants them to do without fuss!

(OK Pogo, does that get me back in good graces with all you men on here?)

What ?? :confused: Why did you think you were not ? :D

Dsnygirl
03-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Wow!! Chatty, chatty, chatty!! Don't any of you guys work??? :D

Are you actually going on Halloween next year, or earlier? We're planning to go for Robert's 50th birthday (11/5/2009), so we'll likely be there over Halloween next year.

We just may be there the same time!! We really wanted to go back this year b/c we loved it so much, but we'd already promised the girls Christmas and it made more sense to get AP's for this trip and try to get Christmas and Halloween on the same AP! So, here's to hoping we can pull it off!!

Wouldn't that be iwannagotodisneyworldrightnowosis? Some nurse.

No.... definitely "iwannagotodisneyworlditis", as it's an unhealthy inflammation of my heart muscles, and it hurts... ;) The whole "osis" thing is another story....

Good morning all.... boy is it quiet during the night without T&G around or what ??? I hope she is having a wonderful time ! I'm sure she is.

:( It sure is.... but I'm looking forward to hearing about all her adventures when she gets back!! That ought to be some fun late night conversations....

Now, that is MY kind of place!! I love grits.... salty w/ lots of butter, or sweet with lots of brown sugar on top.... even with syrup, on occasion. However they're served, I love 'em!! And now, seeing as I just got up an hour or so ago.... that bacon, sausage and eggs sounds perfect!! Any left??? :cloud9:

My second brother was adopted. All he knows is that his parents were French Canadian and very very young. We're thankful for their decision....He likes to tell us he's the only one my parents chose. :D

Funny... that's how my mom says she explained it all to me. Then, of course, she had to make all my little friends feel better when they discovered they weren't "chosen".... :blush:

Funny -- I didn't think you'd already met my DH!! :funny: (Too bad he hasn't been on here in ages... that would've definitely have earned me some brownie points!!)

So - what's everyone up to? I'm about to go start dinner... nothing fancy, as Julia's school is having an Open House tonight, so that's where we're headed for the evening. She did a crystal-growing project for it and it is on display - she is SO excited!! :)

Hope you've all had a good day so far - I'll catch up with you later!

drummerboy
03-27-2008, 05:30 PM

I love grits.... salty w/ lots of butter, or sweet with lots of brown sugar on top.... even with syrup, on occasion. However they're served, I love 'em!!
Okay, I think I see the problem here. Somebody's been ruining the grits with all that sweet stuff. Red-eye gravy is what you put on grits, or maybe some butter and salt. Next thing you know, you'll be pouring syrup over your venison sausage. :sick:

Oh, I don't eat grits myself, but DW is an expert on them. :D

So, are we all ready to glide into Friday?

Jasper
03-27-2008, 05:41 PM
What ?? :confused: Why did you think you were not ? :D

Well, weren't you the one who call me costume boy the other day?:D:D

Actually I was just being silly and stretching as hard as I could for a question! It's been a slow day for questions so I had to make something up. You never have that problem do you?

disneydeb
03-27-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm a thinkin' more liiiike a little venison sausage..... and the eggs.... sunny side up to go with them !

You do have venison sausage, don't you ???

Fresh out! That doesn't last too long around here! Did your i get stuck? (liiiike)

offwego
03-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Grists with sugar? I've only ever seen them with cheese or butter. Hmm.

And Di the best part of Cracker Barrell is the games and stuff. The food isn't always my cuppa tea but it's normally pretty good for breakfast in particular!

So any more good jokes there Jenn? And good luck with the Crystal project Julia!

Deb does Amy still play? And what is country ham? And while we are at it..what's red gravy? Is that the gravy made with coffee?

Caroleh
03-27-2008, 06:53 PM
My life continues to be good Carol! How goes the unpacking? I'll bet you are done, aren't you?

Not yet, Jenn...but I skipped belly dance class tonight to get some done. I wonder if I can get it all done within the next 2 weeks!!:D

Wow.. a bit melodramatic aren't we? And are you SURE you want to ask us what more you can do to make us happy? :D

Di, do you think he could pay for the 2 of us to go to WDW? I know that would make me really happy!!!

That's OK Deb, anytime for you! Not for that Carol, though! :thedolls:

And what's wrong with me? :(

OK.... who are you and what have you done with the real Caroleh ???? :confused:

Do you want me to pick on you?:confused:

Fresh out! That doesn't last too long around here! Did your i get stuck? (liiiike)

HE's stuttering!!!

trackbarroness
03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
Does walking TTA track count as exercise? :D
Probably not huh? :D lolol
Did you miss me?

offwego
03-27-2008, 07:29 PM
Did you miss me?

Course we missed you..we are still all waiting on those castle pics!

Is the crowd still as heavy as last week?

Dsnygirl
03-27-2008, 08:24 PM
And good luck with the Crystal project Julia!

She said thanks!! We just got back and we had a good time... Julia's project was really nice, but she's more concerned with the fact that her current crush cut his hair really short... ;)

Did you miss me?
Of course it does!! I consider each and every day walking at WDW to be excercise -- it's part of my excuse that we need to go!! WDW is part of a heart-healthy excercise routine!! :blush:

So - one child off to bed, the other reading... I'm uploading all my pics since Christmas and considering a glass of wine and my jammies... what's everyone else up to??

drummerboy
03-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Red-eye gravyFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaRed-eye gravy is a thin sauce often seen in the cuisine of the Southern United States and associated with the country ham of that region. Other names for this sauce include poor man's gravy, bird-eye gravy and red ham gravy. The gravy is made from the drippings of pan-fried country ham that has been mixed with water or black coffee. The same drippings, when mixed with flour, make the flavoring for a white gravy. Red-eye gravy is often served over ham, cornbread, grits, or biscuits.A common practice is to dip the inner sides of a split biscuit into the gravy in order to add flavor and keep the biscuit from being too dry when a piece of country ham is added between the two halves: the Southern "ham biscuit." Another popular way to serve red-eye gravy, especially in parts of Alabama, is with mustard or ketchup mixed in with the gravy. Biscuits are then "sopped" in the gravy.

Now, want some grits with that?

pogo
03-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Sure ! Especially Diane !

Well, weren't you the one who call me costume boy the other day?

Actually I was just being silly and stretching as hard as I could for a question! It's been a slow day for questions so I had to make something up. You never have that problem do you?
I was only pulling your leg, costume boy ! oops.... :blush: sorry.

I never have a problem coming up with a question..... except when I want some attention from Rhonda ! ;)

That was my attempt at a southern drawl ! :D

Didn't work huh ??

And what's wrong with me?
:rub: I can't answer that.... it wouldn't be right...... help me Lord.... help me be strong... please don't let me answer this question......:zipped:

Did you miss me?
Who are you and why would I miss you ? :D

So - one child off to bed, the other reading... I'm uploading all my pics since Christmas and considering a glass of wine and my jammies... what's everyone else up to??
Patti is watching the Y&R from today and I'm surfing. :D

offwego
03-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Jammies yes, wine not so much. Everyone else here is already in bed! (even the dog is sleeping)

So I guess I'll be surfing for a little while at least. So any cool plans for the weekend?

MissStyles
03-27-2008, 09:36 PM
Okay, I think I see the problem here. Somebody's been ruining the grits with all that sweet stuff. Red-eye gravy is what you put on grits, or maybe some butter and salt. Next thing you know, you'll be pouring syrup over your venison sausage. :sick:

Oh, I don't eat grits myself, but DW is an expert on them.

Bob had shrimp and grits tonight. We were discussing them and we can not figure out what they actually are. I told him I was asking you all, so please don't let me down! What is the difference between grits and polenta???? I don't like either of 'em though :sick:

Not yet, Jenn...but I skipped belly dance class tonight to get some done. I wonder if I can get it all done within the next 2 weeks!!:D

Carol you take bellydance? ME TOO!!! *shimmies*

She said thanks!! We just got back and we had a good time... Julia's project was really nice, but she's more concerned with the fact that her current crush cut his hair really short... ;)

That's adorable, aren't you glad she shared that with you???

Jammies yes, wine not so much. Everyone else here is already in bed! (even the dog is sleeping)

Jammies here too Nat - and now I'm off to the cookie jar literally....

pogo
03-27-2008, 10:07 PM
So any cool plans for the weekend?
We do ! Patti and I are getting together with BriarRose??? (Nikki), Greggo and Jared for drinks and dinner, tomorrow night ! How cool is that ??? :thumbsup:

Hey Alex...... we've got a Caroleh Jr. here ! :D

Caroleh
03-27-2008, 10:09 PM
:rub: I can't answer that.... it wouldn't be right...... help me Lord.... help me be strong... please don't let me answer this question......:zipped:

hhhhmmmmm, I guess I can stop being nice to you and start picking on you again, can't I? :boxing:

I've been bellydancing for a little over a year. Last year I did a recital where we had dress up in our costumes. It was really fun. This session I missed so many classes because of the move, that I won't be doing the recital, that and the fact that the day of it I want to have my housewarming party!! :D We need a bellydance smilie!!!

I'm SO excited...I finished the scrapbook studio today...at least my part. Gilles has to finish putting everything back into the computer hutch, and I'm going to be on his case to get it done!!! Next is the sewing studio...I'm going to start that tomorrow night!!!

mouseaddict
03-27-2008, 10:12 PM
I love St Augustine. Sadly my husband is not a big fan, so we don't get down there that often. My mom usually stays there for a few months in the winter. It is such a quiet little town...so pretty.

I have a feeling St. Augustine might be out of our price range :( I'm looking into Jax Beach as well. Where did you have yours? I'll take some strawberries if you have any left. :tasty:
We got married at the Holiday Inn in Jax beach. I think it has been sold to another chain. It was beautiful, you could see the ocean and people could wander onto the beah. It was not that expensive.
Have you looked at the Sea Turtle? And what about something on the river? I was so against spending a fortune on the wedding..and it was HARD!!!
No big plans for the weekend here..resting after a busy week at work..I love the new job but boy is it hard to wear a lead apron for 10 hours a day!!!

drummerboy
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Bob had shrimp and grits tonight. We were discussing them and we can not figure out what they actually are. I told him I was asking you all, so please don't let me down! What is the difference between grits and polenta???? I don't like either of 'em though :sick:
(From ochef.com) What the Heck Are Grits? And Why? **grits is what Southerners have while the Italians are fixin’ to eat polenta. Now, a better question would be, what the heck is hominy?, because that’s what grits are made of and if you’re going to try to speak our language, you might as well get your facts straight. Hominy is the dried kernel of corn, after the hull and germ have been removed. Hominy is a native American food dating back at least 5,000 years, and was one of the first foods the Indians gave to the European colonists. (The Italians, by the way, only got their corn meal for polenta by way of the Indians, so grits has at least a 4,500-year head start on polenta.) To make grits, the dried hominy is ground — generally to one of three grinds, fine, medium or coarse — and simmered with water or milk until fairly thick. Quick grits (a very fine grind that has been pre-steamed) are available in supermarkets, but any good Southerner will tell you that old-fashioned stone-ground are the only real grits (doesn’t mean they don’t buy and make quick grits, just that they know what tradition is all about).

Hungry?

ElenitaB
03-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Honestly, no... but I couldn't resist. Sorry! :blush:

Well, weren't you the one who call me costume boy the other day?:D:D

Actually I was just being silly and stretching as hard as I could for a question!
Isn't stretching good for your back? Not sure about being silly though, though i can't see that it would hurt.

We do ! Patti and I are getting together with BriarRose??? (Nikki), Greggo and Jared for drinks and dinner, tomorrow night ! How cool is that ???
Have fun!

Sandy, you have the coolest job! :thumbsup:

Well, I have tough homework for work tonight... I'm going to watch The Matrix and then tomorrow night I'm going to watch I am Legend. Rough, huh?

Here's a seemingly random question: does anyone do dollmaking?

Beast_fanatic
03-27-2008, 11:40 PM
(From ochef.com) What the Heck Are Grits? And Why? **grits is what Southerners have while the Italians are fixin’ to eat polenta. Now, a better question would be, what the heck is hominy?, because that’s what grits are made of and if you’re going to try to speak our language, you might as well get your facts straight. Hominy is the dried kernel of corn, after the hull and germ have been removed. Hominy is a native American food dating back at least 5,000 years, and was one of the first foods the Indians gave to the European colonists. (The Italians, by the way, only got their corn meal for polenta by way of the Indians, so grits has at least a 4,500-year head start on polenta.) To make grits, the dried hominy is ground — generally to one of three grinds, fine, medium or coarse — and simmered with water or milk until fairly thick. Quick grits (a very fine grind that has been pre-steamed) are available in supermarkets, but any good Southerner will tell you that old-fashioned stone-ground are the only real grits (doesn’t mean they don’t buy and make quick grits, just that they know what tradition is all about).

Hungry?

Yuck. I don't like grits or hominy. Or, red-eye gravy for that matter.

Do you mean like the scary creatures from It's a Small World? :eek: Where's Frankie? Ellen needs a new anti-doll chip implanted! ;)

disneydeb
03-27-2008, 11:47 PM
GRITS is an acronym for Girls Raised in the South.-also- A corn product served usually with butter, and/or cheese, sugar and salt.

Country ham is a salt cured ham.

Red eye gravy is made with ham drippings and black coffee. I have never acquired a taste for this type gravy myself. I prefer sawmill gravy,AKA sausage gravy made with pan drippings, flour and milk.

Amy does not play b'ball anymore.:( She suffered a torn ACL her freshman year of high school and continued to play on it until she had surgery after the season was over. This was not smart! Damage to her knee was too great and even after surgery she never fully recovered the dexterity her knee once had.
In middle school, she started as post. Her game high in eighth grade, was when she scored 21 points against a cross county rival. She was a natural at drawing fouls and had a great foul shot percentage. In Tennessee, basketball is a great sport for girls. Amy went to Pat Summitt's camp a few times. Can you tell I am one proud momma?

Natazu
03-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Actually most men are not like me. Most men are smart, good looking, and do exactly what their spouse/significant other wants them to do without fuss! I think we should hunt them down and let the air out of their tires.

Well, I have tough homework for work tonight... I'm going to watch The Matrix and then tomorrow night I'm going to watch I am Legend. Rough, huh?room for one more?

On grits: anything you have to add that much stuff to once it hits the table isn't food. :twocents:

offwego
03-28-2008, 06:37 AM
I am Legend for homework? Remind me not to take that class.

A quick zoop lots of meetings today again. See you all later. Coffee is on though!

pogo
03-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Good morning all...... we got snow ! About four inches. And I thought we might have seen the last of it. Bummer ! :(

GRITS is an acronym for Girls Raised in the South.
So that's what it means ?? I've always wondered ! :D

A quick zoop lots of meetings today again. See you all later. Coffee is on though!
Thanks for the coffee......... hope the meetings aren't too boring. :(

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 08:17 AM
What's on everybody's plate today? :mickey:

alpro2
03-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Yuck. I don't like grits or hominy. Or, red-eye gravy for that matter.

What about polenta?

GRITS is an acronym for Girls Raised in the South.-also- A corn product served usually with butter, and/or cheese, sugar and salt.

Country ham is a salt cured ham.

Red eye gravy is made with ham drippings and black coffee. I have never acquired a taste for this type gravy myself. I prefer sawmill gravy,AKA sausage gravy made with pan drippings, flour and milk.

Can I just call you "mom"? :D

I think we should hunt them down and let the air out of their tires.

On grits: anything you have to add that much stuff to once it hits the table isn't food.
Just reading this whole post reminds me that you can take the kid out of Brooklyn, but you can't take Brooklyn out of the kid! :thumbsup:

With all this talk about grits, bisuits and gravy, we will be rolling into Friday.

And what's wrong with me?

whoaoaoaoa nelly! That is a loaded questions, ain't it Pogo? :D

I can't answer that.... it wouldn't be right...... help me Lord.... help me be strong... please don't let me answer this question......

:D

Hey Alex...... we've got a Caroleh Jr. here !

MissStyles
03-28-2008, 08:36 AM
We do ! Patti and I are getting together with BriarRose??? (Nikki), Greggo and Jared for drinks and dinner, tomorrow night ! How cool is that ??? :thumbsup:

Hey Alex...... we've got a Caroleh Jr. here ! :D

I'll take that as a compliment :D

That is tres cool. Have fun and tell them I said hello! I had the pleasure of meeting those kids in October. You should convince them to come in December if they weren't already planning it ie. Nikki and Greg.

I've been bellydancing for a little over a year. Last year I did a recital where we had dress up in our costumes. It was really fun. This session I missed so many classes because of the move, that I won't be doing the recital, that and the fact that the day of it I want to have my housewarming party!! :D We need a bellydance smilie!!!

I agree!!! I'm always tempted to join the lady on stage during Mo-Rockin', but I'm too shy :blush:

We got married at the Holiday Inn in Jax beach. I think it has been sold to another chain. It was beautiful, you could see the ocean and people could wander onto the beah. It was not that expensive.
Have you looked at the Sea Turtle? And what about something on the river? I was so against spending a fortune on the wedding..and it was HARD!!!
Thank you for the suggestions. I will look into them this weekend. The Sea Turtle is whacked out right now with construction. I'm just glad there are so many options around here.

Hungry?

Thanks! I will show him tonight. For some reason he thought they were made with another type of grain. I figured otherwise. All I can say is...:sick:

Literally and figuratively = nothing!

Everybody ready for a fun Friday?

disneydrmr
03-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Mornin'. Hope everyone has good days today. Mine is a rough starter so hope it improves as it moves along. Soooooo tired... bad storm rolled thru last night so I was up with my scaredy doggies... can barely keep my eyes open...Can someone give me a nudge every now and then to make sure I'm awake?

Good morning all...... we got snow ! About four inches. And I thought we might have seen the last of it. Bummer ! :(

We got a good two inches of rain since yesterday morning.. IF it had been snow we would have been at 2 feet! Ick! Please keep that snow and your cold weather to yourself! I do hope it all melts fast for you and you don't see it again...

I haven't decided what's on my plate. My tummy is queasy today so nothing sounds very good. I brought some apples for lunch.. but I don't know what I'll end up eating...

Caroleh
03-28-2008, 08:39 AM

Ummmm....I've made a few dolls in a previous life. What kind of dolls were you looking at? I use to make cloth dolls when Andrea was little and I have done a porcelain doll. I know, I know, what don't I do?

Hey, Pogo....:archer::boxing:

Hey, Alex....:hug::fresh:

Dsnygirl
03-28-2008, 08:44 AM
That's adorable, aren't you glad she shared that with you???
I am.... but it's just so weird to see her blush and get goofy about a boy.... not sure I want to head down this road!! :blush:

So any cool plans for the weekend?
Unfortunately not... Dan and I were supposed to have a date night, but as I'm now working, that's not happening. :( We're trying to re-schedule for next weekend, though!! So - for us, it's work for me and being "mr. mom" for Dan all weekend!

Hungry?
Yummm!! I am now!!

Well, I have tough homework for work tonight... I'm going to watch The Matrix and then tomorrow night I'm going to watch I am Legend. Rough, huh?

Wish I had the same homework.... I really liked the Matrix movies. Haven't seen I am Legend yet... not sure yet whether I will. Probably, one of these days! Are you writing about them??

We did, too, Neighbor... as much as I enjoy the stuff, I'm ready for it to be gone and over with. Didn't I say it was spring like 8 days ago??? Sigh... at least we know this can't last long....

What's on everybody's plate today?
Unfortunately, not grits.... ;)

Seeing as my day doesn't truly start 'til my girls are out the door, I've got 45 minutes 'til I hit the starting line... maybe I'll surf 'til then!! Actually, it's a laundry/groceries/visit a friend/clean the house kind-of day... nothing too special.

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 08:56 AM
That is tres cool. Have fun and tell them I said hello! I had the pleasure of meeting those kids in October. You should convince them to come in December if they weren't already planning it ie. Nikki and Greg. Please forgive me Emily -- Did we meet in October? I was down with my family.... and I am sure everyone noticed my boys.... they are such demure little things... :thedolls:

Well, I have tough homework for work tonight... I'm going to watch The Matrix and then tomorrow night I'm going to watch I am Legend. Rough, huh?Harry wants to see I am Legend, but we keep telling him it's a horror flick. Is it? Let me know if you think he can handle it (he can handle everything but smooching these days.....)

I will pass on the grits, country ham and red gravy .... though thanks for offering! I had a multigrain bagel (I find them incredibly satisfying).....

Harry is in a hockey tournament this week. His first game was on Tuesday night (and he scored the winning goal!!), he has another this morning, so Brian has taken the day off (he is the team trainer). He will need to pick Harry up before morning recess, then he will take him back to school after lunch...only 2 periods missed. They have another game tomorrow morning. I hope they win at least one more, so that they go into the playoffs on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. My parents are coming over on Saturday night, so they could come to a playoff game if all goes well..... Anyone else want to come see some really good hockey? We can get some of the Indo-Chinese food to share for dinner...?

Nascfan
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
We got snow too, around 4 inches. And unlike Blythe, I don't enjoy it anytime, at all. When can it truly be spring? At this rate they'll be de-icing our plane in June! THAT will make my wife happy.....NOT!

Pot of coffee is on for Natalie, I've got tea. Who's got the cookies? Or donuts? Or anything?

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Who's got the cookies? Or donuts? Or anything?:hi: Hey Scott! :hi:

I have some bagel crumbs...or wait ... I have a box of cinnamon mini wheats in my credenza.... can I pour you a bowl?

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Harry is in a hockey tournament this week. His first game was on Tuesday night (and he scored the winning goal!!), he has another this morning, so Brian has taken the day off (he is the team trainer). He will need to pick Harry up before morning recess, then he will take him back to school after lunch...only 2 periods missed. They have another game tomorrow morning. I hope they win at least one more, so that they go into the playoffs on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. My parents are coming over on Saturday night, so they could come to a playoff game if all goes well..... Anyone else want to come see some really good hockey? We can get some of the Indo-Chinese food to share for dinner...?

Congrats and continued good luck to Harry and his team!!:hockey: Will you give us daily updates?

disneydrmr
03-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Good luck to Harry! Let us know what happens! Wish I could come.. but that whole 'needing a passport to cross the border' thingy kinda has me stuck... hmmm.. do you need a passport if you fed ex yourself across the border?

We got snow too, around 4 inches. And unlike Blythe, I don't enjoy it anytime, at all. When can it truly be spring? At this rate they'll be de-icing our plane in June! THAT will make my wife happy.....NOT!

Pot of coffee is on for Natalie, I've got tea. Who's got the cookies? Or donuts? Or anything?

Oooohhhhh... your wife would NEVER stay on the plane if it needed de-icing... they had to de-ice our plane when we went to Disney in Dec. 06... I was a nervous wreck.. they de-iced it several times even...make sure your wifey does not sit by a window.. put headphones on her...and keep her distracted!

I have some apple cinnamon graham crackers in my desk drawer.. want a pack or two?

pogo
03-28-2008, 10:22 AM
:hi: All........ a quick zoop in and out to tell you I love all the signature lines that we've added ! :thumbsup:

Don't you love them, Jym ???? :D

See you all later. :sadwave:

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 11:40 AM
BREAKING NEWS

They won Game #2 -- and Harry scored the tying goal! Go Pino Pizza!!!!

Are you sure you wont come up for the Finals???:D

Nascfan
03-28-2008, 12:09 PM
... I have a box of cinnamon mini wheats in my credenza.... can I pour you a bowl?

Thank you my dear, would love some. Now, who's got lunch? ;)

Way to go Harry!

Oh Di, you don't need a passport to cross the border, unless you're flying. I'm pretty sure they moved that back for land transportation until summer 2009. That's what I think I heard a couple weeks ago anyway.

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Thank you my dear, would love some. Now, who's got lunch? ;)

Way to go Harry!

Oh Di, you don't need a passport to cross the border, unless you're flying. I'm pretty sure they moved that back for land transportation until summer 2009. That's what I think I heard a couple weeks ago anyway.
My friend Guy and I just had Cajun chicken (not even remotely spicy) and broccoli .... wanna share? :eat:

I'm pretty sure you are right about driving over the border too.... government issued photo id is all that is needed currently ... in both directions .... We travel with passports just because it is easier! So can I count you in for tomorrow evening's game????????? :hockey:

pogo
03-28-2008, 12:17 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Tell him pogo and Patti are VERY PROUD of him ! I wish we could be there for the finals !

Will you let us know the outcome ?? :D

offwego
03-28-2008, 12:25 PM
First way to go Harry!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the coffee......... hope the meetings aren't too boring. :(
Depends on how you define them...it was my performancfe review and I've been having some stuff to work through which impacted that so it was ok. Better then I expceted really.

What's on everybody's plate today? :mickey: Recovering from the meetings?

Harry wants to see I am Legend, but we keep telling him it's a horror flick. Is it? Let me know if you think he can handle it (he can handle everything but smooching these days.....)QUOTE]
Well it doesn't have smooching..but it scared William (very close to the point of leave the theatre now scared) and he wouldn't watch big chunks of it when Matt rented it. How does Harry do with thoughts of zombie's canabalizing things? And Zombie dogs too?
[QUOTE=Nascfan;1587939]Pot of coffee is on for Natalie, I've got tea. Who's got the cookies? Or donuts? Or anything?

Bless you Scott!

Nascfan
03-28-2008, 12:27 PM
My friend Guy and I just had Cajun chicken (not even remotely spicy) and broccoli .... wanna share? :eat:

I'm pretty sure you are right about driving over the border too.... government issued photo id is all that is needed currently ... in both directions .... We travel with passports just because it is easier! So can I count you in for tomorrow evening's game????????? :hockey:

Sounds yummy!

If we didn't have a birthday party and could swing the drive around the lake, I'd so be there! And I don't even like hockey. I know, that's blasphemy to you Canadians.

What did we do with all the spare questions? Didn't we put them on the top shelf? Who packed the rv last time?

pogo
03-28-2008, 12:34 PM
..it was my performancfe review and I've been having some stuff to work through which impacted that so it was ok. Better then I expceted really.

I told you before, you would not have a problem with your review ! You are awesome at your job ! :thumbsup:

What did we do with all the spare questions? Didn't we put them on the top shelf? Who packed the rv last time?
Why did you have to use three questions ??? :confused:

I wanted to use one of them ! :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Well it doesn't have smooching..but it scared William (very close to the point of leave the theatre now scared) and he wouldn't watch big chunks of it when Matt rented it. How does Harry do with thoughts of zombie's canabalizing things? And Zombie dogs too?
Well that does it for Brian and I any way..... I will tell him the William found it disturbing and explain about the zombie canibals.... I think avoidance will not be an issue.. :D

I'm so glad your review was better than you feared. I give you an "Exceeds Expectations" rating. :thumbsup: Wouldn't you love to work for me?

offwego
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
Well that does it for Brian and I any way..... I will tell him the William found it disturbing and explain about the zombie canibals.... I think avoidance will not be an issue.. :D

I'm so glad your review was better than you feared. I give you an "Exceeds Expectations" rating. :thumbsup: Wouldn't you love to work for me?

Of course I would...and if it helps..the zombie dogs eat humans too. I have no idea what the term for that is except GROSS! The ending (in the theatres) made little sense but the not used one on the dvd was much better. (I won't go in to that for Ellen the whole zombie bit was pretty covered in the trailers and reviews though)

And a thank you to you as well Pogo..to be honest with you both the issues were as much my own fault as anyone elses. And it's something of good feeling to just get it over with and dealt with. Now if you could have seen his face when I told him I was interviewing elsewhere! (that was pretty funny)

Now the questions were on the lower shelfs again. Or is Jasper still washing all of them?

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 12:43 PM
BREAKING NEWS

YAY! PINA PIZZA! YAY Harry!

Does he know he has people from all over the US and Canada Cheering him on?:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Jasper
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
My friend Guy and I just had Cajun chicken (not even remotely spicy) and broccoli .... wanna share?

Sorry to hear that your chicken wasn't to your liking but as one who always has a problem being surprised by how spicy food is it is nice to hear that the opposite happens occasionally! I have never particularly cared for spicy foods but some of the medications I am taking cause me to be even more sensitive to heavy spices. I just wish that restaurants would offer things in hot-n-spicy and plain!

Now the questions were on the lower shelfs again. Or is Jasper still washing all of them?

I do still have a few more questions to go. I am planning on throwing the rest of the questions in with the Easter Bunnies when I launder them next Monday.

Would any of you like to help me with the ironing and mending of the things I laundered earlier this week? You know, if you help I can get to those questions a little faster. Who knows, I may even find a few cookies at the bottom of the laundry hamper - that is if I ever see the bottom of the laundry hamper again.

Just so everyone is up to speed on the laundry count, through last night we have officially washed 68 loads of laundry this week!

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 01:17 PM
Now if you could have seen his face when I told him I was interviewing elsewhere! (that was pretty funny)In Ajax? :clappy:

YAY! PINA PIZZA! YAY Harry!

Does he know he has people from all over the US and Canada Cheering him on?:cheer::cheer::cheer:He'll love it Deb! I'll tell him that the FairyGodmother was cheering for him and the team. He'll likely look at me as if I have lost my mind ... but it will make him smile for sure! :thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Just so everyone is up to speed on the laundry count, through last night we have officially washed 68 loads of laundry this week!Do you fluff and fold? :D Man! I sure hope you have some heavy duty equipment! I will offer you the use of our super capacity front loaders if it will help.....

Jasper
03-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Do you fluff and fold? :D Man! I sure hope you have some heavy duty equipment! I will offer you the use of our super capacity front loaders if it will help.....

Thanks for the offer, but we do most of our laundry at a laundry-mat on the north side town that is only about two years old. Being that new they are very well equipped with large capacity washers and dryers. In fact, some of their front loading washers claim to hold as much as six normal front loading machines.

I am not sure what you mean when you ask if we fluff and fold but we do dry everything and almost everything goes on a hanger. By taking things out of the dryer when they are still slightly damp we actually avoid ironing on a lot of the costumes. Of course, when you have that much laundry you can always count on having a lot of things to mend which we also do ourselves.

The people at the laundry-mat have us on their speed dial and will call us when they know we have a lot of laundry so we can come out when they are slow so that we don't tie up so many of their machines at one time.

Bet you didn't know there was so much to know about laundry did you?

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 02:23 PM
Could some of my buddies reccomend a good red wine?

I think I will start drinking one galss a day for my health ...

Jasper
03-28-2008, 02:37 PM

Do you have any good local wineries in your area? We have found that often times the small local ones provide just as good of a wine as the mass merchandisers do and often at a lower price. If you do want a mass merchandiser any of the Corbet Canyon wines are good for the price.

So you will have one glass a day for your health, what are you going to have all the other glasses a day for?

Nascfan
03-28-2008, 02:48 PM
He'll likely look at me as if I have lost my mind ... but it will make him smile for sure! :thumbsup:

Haven't you? ;)

offwego
03-28-2008, 02:53 PM
In Ajax? :clappy:

Not yet..but apparently they will try to find me something else here too..I have no idea what that means.

Would any of you like to help me with the ironing and mending of the things I laundered earlier this week? You know, if you help I can get to those questions a little faster. Who knows, I may even find a few cookies at the bottom of the laundry hamper - that is if I ever see the bottom of the laundry hamper again.
I can't sew Jasper, and I'm not much at ironing either. Does anyone remember "crinkle cotton"? My grandma once ironed the crinkles right out of a guess shirt I had as a teenager. I swear the thing was so frightened it never wrinkled again!

Do you like dry or off dry? I'm a big Zin (red not pink) and shiraz fan but I do find it's the variety vs the producer that people will like. Have fun finding the right one.

pogo
03-28-2008, 03:04 PM

I can highly recommend Reunite Lambrussco ! :wine:

Not to sweet... not to dry.... just right for the person that doesn't drink wine a lot ! And it is great with Pasta and sauce ! :cloud9:

You do eat spaghetti, don't you ?? :D

Mickey'sGirl
03-28-2008, 03:05 PM
What kind of wine does one drink with Possum? :)

Jasper
03-28-2008, 03:15 PM
I can't sew Jasper, and I'm not much at ironing either. Does anyone remember "crinkle cotton"? My grandma once ironed the crinkles right out of a guess shirt I had as a teenager. I swear the thing was so frightened it never wrinkled again!

Do I have the perfect job for you! How about coming down here and sorting the shoes and accessories and getting them matched up to the costume they belong with. And since we are really just a dress up toy box on steroids you can even try on some of the shoes while you are working.

If you are really good at it and have the legs to attract potential customers I could even talk to my wife about making you a shoe model! Would you quit your job in the great white north and come down here for that kind of job?

I know what you mean about "crinkle cotton" but I am wondering if that was its real name? I don't remember what we called it but I don't think it was "crinkle cotton." Could it have gone by some other name?

drummerboy
03-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Quick zoop.

Big news here--our sheriff has been suspended and is under indictment. He has taken a long dive downward in the last couple of years, the kind of thing you really hate to see. At one time he was the youngest sheriff in the country, I think, and I'm afraid it may be a case of too much too soon.

Think we can get Sgt Tigger up here real quick?

Jasper
03-28-2008, 03:20 PM
What kind of wine does one drink with Possum? :)

You drink Hairy Buffalo with Possum. Y'all do know what a Hairy Buffalo is don't you? And no, I am not talking about the animal, I am talking about an alcoholic drink!

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 03:23 PM
What kind of wine does one drink with Possum? :):truck::mouse:

Why don't we have a possum smilie? Oh well, use your imagination!;)

:wine::haha:

offwego
03-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Whoa Ken that sounds like a big deal. Course when you can see Detroit from where you live it would hard to beat that mess don't you think. (Unless we count governors)

is there something about being elected that causes people to lose their minds?

pogo
03-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Quick zoop.

Big news here--our sheriff has been suspended and is under indictment. He has taken a long dive downward in the last couple of years, the kind of thing you really hate to see. At one time he was the youngest sheriff in the country, I think, and I'm afraid it may be a case of too much too soon.

I hope so.... I don't want to come down into a lawless town. :D

:truck::mouse:

Why don't we have a possum smilie? Oh well, use your imagination!;)

:wine::haha:

Be careful Sis.... you'll get picked up for DWI !

Do you know any good attorneys ??? :D

MauiMouse
03-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, just walked in the door. Well about 1/2 hour ago and had to see what everyone has been doing this past week. I'm back to the cold snowy weather. Had an awesome time. I meet up with Tink&Goofy & her family on Monday for about 2 hours or so. Very very nice family. Also got to meet up with Jeanne (Piglet822) a couple times. Bad news I got a pretty nasty cold on Tuesday and it's still hanging in there. When we landed in Detroit my left ear is still plugged up.

So what's been happening? Anymore news on the December meet? :D

My photos will be up by evening I would think, if I get on the stick. :photo:

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Wow, just walked in the door. Well about 1/2 hour ago and had to see what everyone has been doing this past week. I'm back to the cold snowy weather. Had an awesome time. I meet up with Tink&Goofy & her family on Monday for about 2 hours or so. Very very nice family. Also got to meet up with Jeanne (Piglet822) a couple times. Bad news I got a pretty nasty cold on Tuesday and it's still hanging in there. When we landed in Detroit my left ear is still plugged up.

So what's been happening? Anymore news on the December meet? :D

You ae back!! Did you think of us?

disneydrmr
03-28-2008, 04:28 PM
BREAKING NEWS

:cheer: Yah Harry! Way to go! I think JQU should offer him a full ride scholarship! He can play for the Fightin' Possums Hockey team!

Hmmm.. no passport needed? Now I might have to rethink my November Anniversary travel plans... anyone know what Niagara Falls might be like in early November?

You do eat spaghetti, don't you ??

Doesn't EVERYBODY eat spaghetti? Especially Chili Spaghetti.. topped with lots and lots of shredded cheddar cheese!

What kind of wine does one drink with Possum?

Whatever kind said Possum is willing to splurge on? :D

I'm sure you could.. seeing as how he's not going to WDW anytime soon...:D

Do you know any good attorneys ???

Hmmm... good attorneys.. good attorneys.. is there such a thing? :D

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your cold. Hope you get better quick.

What help is getting on a stick gonna do in getting your pictures up? Wouldn't it be better to get on the computer to do that? :D

drummerboy
03-28-2008, 04:53 PM
:truck::mouse::
Now that's creative smiley-ing there. :thumbsup:

Whoa Ken that sounds like a big deal. Course when you can see Detroit from where you live it would hard to beat that mess don't you think. (Unless we count governors)

I've often wondered that. Seems like once they get in the fishbowl, all they can see is their own reflections and they don't think anybody's looking in.

Hmmm... good attorneys.. good attorneys.. is there such a thing? :D
:nono:

So who's coming to the play tonight?

alpro2
03-28-2008, 06:03 PM

Does Opie and Aunt Bea know?

Dsnygirl
03-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Quick zoop....

BREAKING NEWS

Way to go, Harry!! That's awesome!! Dan'll be cheering for him for sure!!!

Depends on how you define them...it was my performancfe review and I've been having some stuff to work through which impacted that so it was ok. Better then I expceted really.

Told you it'd go okay!!! :thumbsup:

Just so everyone is up to speed on the laundry count, through last night we have officially washed 68 loads of laundry this week!
Wow.... and I thought I did a lot of laundry....

Apparently so.... did you guys hear about our Governor??? :thedolls:

Welcome home!! Glad to hear you had a wonderful time, sorry to hear you got sick and still are. I hope this weekend helps!! I'm jealous you got to see T&G... she and her DD's really are lovely.

Okay - gotta run -- off to work.

I'll try to zoop in again later!!

Caroleh
03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
BREAKING NEWS

WAY TO GO, HARRY!!!! Give him a big high five from Gilles and I!! Let us know how he does!!!

Tell him pogo and Patti are VERY PROUD of him ! I wish we could be there for the finals !

Will you let us know the outcome ?? :D

You know, Pogo, Rochester isn't that far from Canada.

Whatever kind said Possum is willing to splurge on?

:thumbsup: on you review, Natalie!!!

My supervisor and I are going over the staffs on Tuesday. I've only had one since I've started working for the company and not a one since I became a manager. I keep getting raises, so I'm not complaining.

So how was everyone's Friday and the more important question...Are we ready for the weekend?

Natazu
03-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Good morning all...... we got snow ! About four inches. And I thought we might have seen the last of it. Bummer ! :(It's 70 here.

What's on everybody's plate today? :mickey:Chicken Teriyaki with Israeli couscous and sauteed vegetables.

Just reading this whole post reminds me that you can take the kid out of Brooklyn, but you can't take Brooklyn out of the kid! :thumbsup:
If I was thinking Brooklyn, Id've said steal the tires then wait for them to come out and sell them back to 'em for $50.

Harry wants to see I am Legend, but we keep telling him it's a horror flick. Is it? Let me know if you think he can handle it (he can handle everything but smooching these days.....)
It's a little graphic for the younguns, I think. How do you feel about vampires and zombie dogs?

:hi: All........ a quick zoop in and out to tell you I love all the signature lines that we've added ! :thumbsup:

Don't you love them, Jym ???? I'm working on a school charter and mission statement as we speak

BREAKING NEWS
Awesome

What kind of wine does one drink with Possum? :)I'd go with something light and fruity like Ostertag Fronholz Pinot Gris 2003, the same type of wine you'd have with rabbit.

pogo
03-28-2008, 10:56 PM
:hug: Glad to have you home safe and sound... er.... almost sound.

Hmmm... good attorneys.. good attorneys.. is there such a thing?

Does Opie and Aunt Bea know?

So how was everyone's Friday and the more important question...Are we ready for the weekend?

:goodbad:

First the good !
Well.....we had our dinner tonight with Jared, Nikki and Greggo and it was wonderful. Three very nice young people. We had a blast ! :D

I turned my back and Greggo is hitting on Patti trying to make a date with her for dinner in December at WDW during the "JQ" meet.

And the Bad !

We had our bank accounts cleaned out completely on Wednesday by some skunk.

They withdrew about $1,700 from our checking and savings account.

We went to the bank this afternoon when we realized what had happened. We closed out the ATM cards and JP Morgan Chase Bank said the money would be back in there on Monday. :thumbsup:

Warning.... do not use a drive through ATM machine ! The skunk apparently used a device attached to our ATM's card reader to scan our ATM card.

Another interesting note..... the withdrawls took place in Florida. :mad:

I'm working on a school charter and mission statement as we speak.

Hey..... I love your signature ! :thumbsup:

disneydeb
03-28-2008, 11:19 PM
And the Bad !

We went to the bank this afternoon when we realized what had happened. We closed out the ATM cards and JP Morgan Chase Bank said the money would be back in there on Monday. :thumbsup:

Warning.... do not use a drive through ATM machine ! The skunk apparently used a device attached to our ATM's card reader to scan our ATM card.

Hey..... I love your signature ! :thumbsup:

A skunk - in Florida. Glad to know it wasn't a possum!
I hope things are there for you and Patti by Monday.

Our signatures are getting funner, aren't they?:D

BriarRose0708
03-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Hi Friends!

Where have I been lately? Well, working! But, things are beginning to slow down and get back to normal, so I plan on being around much more now. I hope you all are well and healthy, and I'm looking forward to trading questions with you all again!:mickey:

Here's a picture (http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2730/img1157xs2.jpg) from our delicious dinner at Roadhouse earlier tonight.

See you all tomorrow! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
03-28-2008, 11:42 PM
It's 70 here.

I'd go with something light and fruity like Ostertag Fronholz Pinot Gris 2003, the same type of wine you'd have with rabbit.
First - :fresh:

Second - :sick: :ack:!!!

First the good !
Well.....we had our dinner tonight with Jared, Nikki and Greggo and it was wonderful. Three very nice young people. We had a blast ! :D

And the Bad !

Pogo, I'm so glad to hear your dinner was such fun - you & Patti deserved it!! I'm SO sorry to hear about what happened to you guys, though -- that's awful -- it's just one of the worst feelings. I'm glad to hear your bank is being so good about it!! This stuff certainly seems to be on the rise -- very, very sad. :(

Nikki - thanks for the photo!! Good to "see" you guys again... sorry we couldn't make it out!! I'm glad you had such a fun time, though...

How is everyone this fine Friday night? I'm at work, and as usual, we're pretty busy - but it's okay... hopefully the night will go by quickly, and it'll be time to climb into my bed before I know it.

I'll bet most of you are in bed or headed off that way - where is T&G when you need her?? Oh that's right... she's in Disneyworld. Lucky girl.... :cloud9:

drummerboy
03-29-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm still here, but not for long. Still winding down from tonight's show. It went very well and they got a standing ovation, so everyone was very happy. Our 4 yr old grandson stayed with the band through the whole performance and was very good.

Pogo, sorry to hear about the bank troubles--hope everything gets straightened out before you head south.

Who's buying breakfast in the morning?

Natazu
03-29-2008, 12:06 AM
:hug: Glad to have you home safe and sound... er.... almost sound.

Hey, sorry to hear about that. I'm glad Chase is going to take care of it.

Here's a picture (http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/2730/img1157xs2.jpg) from our delicious dinner at Roadhouse earlier tonight.
Hey Nikki. Good to hear from you. You guys look like you're having fun. It's good to see Pogo is still getting around ok. Notice Patti looks like 15 years younger than him?

Beast_fanatic
03-29-2008, 12:07 AM
What about polenta?

I don't know that I've ever tried polenta, but since it's so similar to grits, I'm thinking no.

And, I complain when I have to do more than 3 or 4 loads! :blush:

Wow, just walked in the door... Bad news I got a pretty nasty cold on Tuesday and it's still hanging in there. When we landed in Detroit my left ear is still plugged up.

Welcome home, Mary! :pixie: for your cold! Isn't it miserable to fly with a cold?

Glad you had fun at your dinner! Sorry to hear about your bank account!

ElenitaB
03-29-2008, 02:19 AM
Hi, Blythe! I'm still up if you want company (but not for long... I guess I should go to sleep whether I'm tired or not). Didn't get out today so I didn't watch any potentially scary movies. That would REALLY have me awake! :eek:

Nat, you didn't mention how William is feeling. Did he pass his bug to Di?

Congrats to Harry! And congrats, Ken, on the standing ovation! :thumbsup:

Heard it was a nice dinner, Pogo. Did y'all have possum fritters for appetizers? I accompanied Jared on his ride back to Syracuse. :D (Sorry about the bank problems. All of my money seems to disappear in Florida too, but I think it may just be Disney magic at work. ;))

Who's buying breakfast in the morning?
I have a potato and egg hero for breakfast that I'm willing to share, but it's from BROOKLYN so I don't know if any of you would like it. :humph:

G'night, everyone! Any chance someone could get me a chai latte in the AM?

offwego
03-29-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey Ellen hope you got some sleep. William is about 70%..he napped yesterday and is still out cold this morning. (normally he's up by 7:30 at the latest) Don't think he saw Di but who knows.

Di Niagra Falls is pretty nice in November. It can be chilly but the crowds will be thinner. You can order some guide books etc via the net I think. Jenn may know moreas I think they've been a few more times then us. You have the falls but also a butterfly consevetory, lots of "touristy" stuff. Niagra-on-the-lake is also really cute if you've driven to Niagra it's only a little bit away and is all cute little village type stuff. Really fun for window shopping etc.

How's Harry's team doing today Jenn?

Pogo sorry to hear about that. To be honest the device issue isn't just drive thru's it can be anywhere. You should always look at the machine to see if it looks "normal" before inserting your card. We have to swap ours out about every 2 years (the reader portions) to make sure they are "tamper proof" as the skunks work as fast as our techies do I swear.

Caroleh
03-29-2008, 08:32 AM
And the Bad !

Sorry to hear about what happened to you. :hug: Glad to hear the bank is going to take care of it for you. You hear more and more of this all the time.

I have my downpayment put onto the trip in Dec!!!! Now it feels really great that I know I'm really going!!!

So what is everyone up to this great Saturday? We're finishing up the apartment then coming back to the house where I'm painting my sewing studio. Then I get to put it all together, anyone want to join me?

pogo
03-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Our signatures are getting funner, aren't they?
I'm loving it !

Hi Friends!

Where have I been lately? Well, working! But, things are beginning to slow down and get back to normal, so I plan on being around much more now. I hope you all are well and healthy, and I'm looking forward to trading questions with you all again!

See you all tomorrow!
It was so much fun meeting you last night.... :hug:

Jared and Greg laugh so much.

Pogo, I'm so glad to hear your dinner was such fun - you & Patti deserved it!!

Nikki - thanks for the photo!! Good to "see" you guys again... sorry we couldn't make it out!! I'm glad you had such a fun time, though...
Thanks Neighbor... It was really fun and I told the gang that you really wanted to be with us but had to work. :D

Pogo, sorry to hear about the bank troubles--hope everything gets straightened out before you head south.

Who's buying breakfast in the morning? I can't buy breakfast until Monday.

Our Bank assured us the money would be back in there by Monday ! Funny thing about this, there were two savings accounts linked to the ATM card. The one that wasn't touched and had about 4 times the amount of the others. :confused:

Notice Patti looks like 15 years younger than him?
Greg noticed ! He kept hitting on her.
He asked her to have dinner with him in December at WDW ! :shake:

Ask Nikki and Jared.

Glad you had fun at your dinner! Sorry to hear about your bank account!
Thanks Rhonda.

Heard it was a nice dinner, Pogo. Did y'all have possum fritters for appetizers? I accompanied Jared on his ride back to Syracuse. (Sorry about the bank problems. All of my money seems to disappear in Florida too, but I think it may just be Disney magic at work. )
Great dinner ! That's funny.... I didn't see you in his car when he left.
Were you in the trunk ? :D

Pogo sorry to hear about that. To be honest the device issue isn't just drive thru's it can be anywhere. You should always look at the machine to see if it looks "normal" before inserting your card. We have to swap ours out about every 2 years (the reader portions) to make sure they are "tamper proof" as the skunks work as fast as our techies do I swear.
Thanks Natalie.... The machine did not appear any different. Todays paper said there were hundreds of people affected by this. If anyone is interested in reading about it, google search for Rochester Democrat and Chronicle and you can read about it.

I have my downpayment put onto the trip in Dec!!!! Now it feels really great that I know I'm really going!!!

So what is everyone up to this great Saturday? We're finishing up the apartment then coming back to the house where I'm painting my sewing studio. Then I get to put it all together, anyone want to join me?

Good for you on your down payment. :thumbsup:

We are going back to our bank today to ask a few more questions. Our second favorite Banker Babe was off yesterday. :D

Jared
03-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Good morning! Who's jealous he couldn't come to our thrilling meet last night? We really did have a wonderful time.

Greg brought me delicious Pop Rocks chocolate from Israel, and Nikki just brought herself and wonderful smile, which is certainly enough.

Pogo and Patti were great, and it was so ice to finally meet them.

Is it December yet? Let's just all go now.

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Good Morning! Great to see the pictures from last night! Did you all make plans for December?....I know Patti and Greg did, but anyone else?

pogo
03-29-2008, 10:50 AM
Good morning! Who's jealous he couldn't come to our thrilling meet last night? We really did have a wonderful time.

Greg brought me delicious Pop Rocks chocolate from Israel, and Nikki just brought herself and wonderful smile, which is certainly enough.

It was fun, wasn't it ! :thumbsup:

Patti and I really enjoyed being with you and we are really looking forward to December ! :mickey:

Good news... I can buy breakfast ! :yay:

Chase has returned the balences to normal ! Are they great or what ??????? :D

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 10:56 AM

Great! Can we go to BOMA?

BriarRose0708
03-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Good Morning! Great to see the pictures from last night! Did you all make plans for December?....I know Patti and Greg did, but anyone else?

Hi Deb! How are you? It's up in the air for me about December. I can't make any plans right now, but it might be possible for me to come for 2 to 3 days over the weekend.

Where's the coffee?

alpro2
03-29-2008, 11:01 AM

Look who the cat dragged in. Welcome back Jared!

Originally Posted by pogo
Good news... I can buy breakfast !

No....let me. I just "found" $1,700 yesterday. :D Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Do I crack you up or what? :D

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi Deb! How are you? It's up in the air for me about December. I can't make any plans right now, but it might be possible for me to come for 2 to 3 days over the weekend.

Where's the coffee?

Hi Nikki! I'm still debating on whether or not we should try to go too. I hope to see you there!
and
I have coffee...
How do you like your's?

Jared
03-29-2008, 11:22 AM

Great news! Eat up! :tasty:

Any room at the table for me?

You'll be there. You know it.

Look who the cat dragged in. Welcome back Jared!
What cat?

That's what we'll be saying about you if you ever make it to a New York meet again! How does this summer sound?

:tasty:

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 11:26 AM

There's always room at the table for you! Are you on Spring Break?

Jared
03-29-2008, 12:02 PM
There's always room at the table for you! Are you on Spring Break?
I already had my break! Do you believe that? I'm posting from my bed in my dorm room in lovely Syracuse, N.Y. My roommate is still asleep, so you guys are keeping me compay.

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I already had my break! Do you believe that? I'm posting from my bed in my dorm room in lovely Syracuse, N.Y. My roommate is still asleep, so you guys are keeping me compay.

Mt break is over now too.:( Do you think I got half the things on my "TO DO" list finished??

pogo
03-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Sure ! Why not. Got any money ?? :D

No....let me. I just "found" $1,700 yesterday. Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Do I crack you up or what?
Yes you crack me up ! :funny:

By the way... I forwarded this to Chase Bank Investigations. Let's see if they think you are funny ! :D

Hi Nikki! I'm still debating on whether or not we should try to go too. I hope to see you there!
and
I have coffee...
How do you like your's?
I bet she'd like hers in a cup ! :D

My roommate is still asleep, so you guys are keeping me compay.
Hey Jared.... do you know how to do the shaving cream and feather trick ??? :D

pogo
03-29-2008, 12:29 PM
POGO & PATTI (December 11-17)POFQ
ELLEN & BEN & Jared (Dec 11 to 15) - WL or OKW
BETHANY (December 11 (late) to 14) - All Star Sports or OKW (with Ellen)
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14) CBR (we hope)
CAROL & GILLES (Dec. 10-15) POFQ
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-14th)
RHONDA & ROBERT (December 6-16)
MIKKI & ANDREW (November 19 - December 15)
MARY & Friends (December 10-13)
MICHELLE
MissStyles and MamaStyles (December 12-14)

I thought we should bump this up so everyone will add updates. I had to go all the way back to page ten !

Did I do good ???? :D

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Sure ! Why not. Got any money ?? :D

You said you were buying! Didn't you?:)

EVERYONE wants a cup, let's be adventurous.:D

I thought we should bump this up so everyone will add updates. I had to go all the way back to page ten !

Did I do good ???? :D

Cut and paste, bro.:shake:

BETHANY
BLYTHE & DAN, Julia & Emma (December 4-14)
NATALIE & MATT & WILLIAM (dec 6-13th)
MICHELLE
Miss Styles and Momma Styles (December12-14)

ElenitaB
03-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Wow, I know Pogo said it had snowed in Rochester but I didn't think it was that cold!

Jenn, how's Harry's team doing today?

Glad to hear that William is feeling better.

I better get a move on. Forms to fill out, faxes to send, garage to find to get my car inspected before Tuesday. Anyone want to come help me today? It's not as exciting as painting and pulling together a beautiful new house, but I can offer you afternoon tea with hot fresh scones.

pogo
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
You said you were buying! Didn't you?:)

EVERYONE wants a cup, let's be adventurous.:D

BETHANY
MICHELLE

You are such a pain ! Should I cut and paste you off from being my Lil Sis ????????? :D

Wow, I know Pogo said it had snowed in Rochester but I didn't think it was that cold!

It really wasn't that cold by the time Jared got there. I wonder where he saw the ice ??? :D

MauiMouse
03-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Welcome home, Mary! :pixie: for your cold! Isn't it miserable to fly with a cold?

Yes, it was, my ear wasn't right until late last night. But I'm starting to feel better. Nothing like being sick at WDW.

Glad that you are back to normal! :D I always thought that you were a little off! :secret:

Any room for me? I've never been to a Boma for breakfast.

I just might to have to add an extra to my visit. So I can stay the entire weekend. We shall see.

MissStyles
03-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Phew....its hard to catch up on here sometimes with this chatty bunch!

Please forgive me Emily -- Did we meet in October? I was down with my family.... and I am sure everyone noticed my boys.... they are such demure little things... :thedolls:

Sadly....no :( It was so hard to talk to even 10% of the people there. I think Jym said it best at the end of Illuminations..something along the lines of....Hi everyone I didn't get to talk to!! Maybe next time??? Let us know how the tourney's going today.

Wow, just walked in the door. Well about 1/2 hour ago and had to see what everyone has been doing this past week. I'm back to the cold snowy weather. Had an awesome time.

Welcome home. Where's the photos?!

First the good !

I turned my back and Greggo is hitting on Patti trying to make a date with her for dinner in December at WDW during the "JQ" meet.

Glad you guys had a nice dinner...and also very glad the bank account situation was resolved. They're cool like that, huh? The bank, that is.

:wave: Thanks for the pic!!!

So what is everyone up to this great Saturday?

Just chillin' here with food tv on in the background. The weekly grocery trip and laundry = done! Cleaned out my closet too. Going to see 21 @ 4:05 then out for Thai food. :tasty:

BETHANY
MICHELLE

I'm editing it to add in our real names, so here's the new "master" copy - drumroll please ken....

BETHANY
MICHELLE
EMILY AND MARCIE (December12-14)

I better get a move on. Forms to fill out, faxes to send, garage to find to get my car inspected before Tuesday. Anyone want to come help me today? It's not as exciting as painting and pulling together a beautiful new house, but I can offer you afternoon tea with hot fresh scones.

Scones like the ones from the GF tea???? :tasty:

I hope you are all out enjoying your day and having tons o' fun. Stay cool :cool:

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 02:51 PM

Sounds like a job for Super Fairy Godmother!
Be right there to help. OK?
:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
03-29-2008, 03:41 PM
BETHANY (Dec 11-14) ASSp (or WL or OKW)
MICHELLE

I updated my information. I KNOW I saw my info on a previous list, but somehow with all the copying and pasting it got lost.

So today I saw what looked like a leprechaun. I saw a little man (PC "little person") with a big long beard and a cane and he was in the park and he was wearing all green. Better late than never, right? :old:

..24 more days to Disneyland!...
:trampo:

Caroleh
03-29-2008, 03:45 PM
It's not as exciting as painting and pulling together a beautiful new house, but I can offer you afternoon tea with hot fresh scones.

I wish the house would be put together, but the good news is...I'm done going to the apartment. Gilles will be handing over the keys tomorrow. I'm totally exhausted right now, so I think I'll take a nap and then head off to paint!!!

I wonder where he saw the ice ??? :D

Was there ice on Lake Ontario? and did he see Lake Ontario?

BronxTigger
03-29-2008, 03:49 PM

I didn't see this until now. If I left now it'd be awfully late by the time I got there. The 2 is running local and in 2 sections. It's not running from Chambers to Atlantic, but something else is. Not the 3. The 4 is running on the 3. The 2 is running on the 5. But I don't know what the 5 is doing. Does the MTA know what they are doing? What is the point of not running a train on it's track so they can do track work, yet they run a DIFFERENT train on the SAME stretch of track? How can they do work on that track? There is still a TRAIN on the tracks! Regardless of if it is a 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 A B C D E F G J L M N Q R S V W or Z!

drummerboy
03-29-2008, 03:57 PM
I didn't see this until now. If I left now it'd be awfully late by the time I got there. The 2 is running local and in 2 sections. It's not running from Chambers to Atlantic, but something else is. Not the 3. The 4 is running on the 3. The 2 is running on the 5. But I don't know what the 5 is doing. Does the MTA know what they are doing? What is the point of not running a train on it's track so they can do track work, yet they run a DIFFERENT train on the SAME stretch of track? How can they do work on that track? There is still a TRAIN on the tracks! Regardless of if it is a 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 A B C D E F G J L M N Q R S V W or Z!
All right, I think there's a hidden code in there somewhere. Frankie, can you come over with your decoder ring?

Jared
03-29-2008, 04:00 PM
MICHELLE
EMILY AND MARCIE (December12-14)[/CENTER]
Why is my name in lowercase letters? Am I not important enough to warrant top billing?

:(

BronxTigger
03-29-2008, 04:05 PM
ELLEN & BEN & JARED (Dec 11 to 15) - WL or OKW
MICHELLE

Jared...is this better for you?

Jared
03-29-2008, 04:06 PM
You're such a good friend, Bethany. How did you know I love being the center of attention? ;)

I need to refrain from posting for a while. I'm covering the Syracuse-Loyola men's lacrosse game for Inside Lacrosse now, and it's about to start. I'll check in at halftime.

disneydeb
03-29-2008, 05:03 PM
You are such a pain ! Should I cut and paste you off from being my Lil Sis ????????? :D
You just wait!.......
Oh Mom.......

:nudge: I'm not touching you.... I'm not touching you....I'm no touching you

Can you hear me?

offwego
03-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Pogo that's good news about your acounts.

Bethany I have no idea if that was good or bad news..

What's for dinner folks? We are having fresh perch on a bun for dinner. Does anyone else think I might have gone to see clients on Friday afternoon? I said there was only three of us and I have about 5lbs worth. Who's in?

Matt made trifle for dessert if that's a better deal for you all.

MauiMouse
03-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Welcome home. Where's the photos?!

The photos are located here. (http://community.webshots.com/user/mauimouse) I'm still uploading more, have to add the SeaWorld folder and some photos of the Renaissance SeaWorld Resort where we stayed our last night.

What's for dinner folks? We are having fresh perch on a bun for dinner. Does anyone else think I might have gone to see clients on Friday afternoon? I said there was only three of us and I have about 5lbs worth. Who's in?

Sounds good. We had steak, french fries and a salad. But after the way we ate last week this is nothing.

Now where is that question? I can't seem to get one in sometimes. :blush:

pogo
03-29-2008, 06:24 PM
I just might to have to add an extra to my visit. So I can stay the entire weekend. We shall see.
I think you should ! Why not stay 4 nights, from the 10th until the 14th ???? :D

I'm editing it to add in our real names, so here's the new "master" copy - drumroll please ken....

BETHANY
MICHELLE

Does Marcy have any idea what she's getting in to ?? :D

MICHELLE

I updated my information. I KNOW I saw my info on a previous list, but somehow with all the copying and pasting it got lost.

So today I saw what looked like a leprechaun. I saw a little man (PC "little person") with a big long beard and a cane and he was in the park and he was wearing all green. Better late than never, right? :old:

..24 more days to Disneyland!...
:trampo:
So did you catch him and get his pot O' Gold ?? :confused:

Was there ice on Lake Ontario? and did he see Lake Ontario?
The only ice Jared saw was in his glass. :D

No thanks..... were doing burgers on the grill ! It's cold out, but sunny so it's time to fire the grill ! :D

BronxTigger
03-29-2008, 06:38 PM
So did you catch him and get his pot O' Gold ?? :confused:

No, he didn't have a pot of gold with him. It probably got panhandled from him. I got asked for money THREE times in about a 20 foot stretch of sidewalk. "Do you have 65 cents? I need it for batteries...." :confused: BATTERIES? For what? And where can one find batteries for only 65 cents? :confused:

We had burgers for lunch. I'm not sure what to do about dinner. Any ideas?

BriarRose0708
03-29-2008, 07:27 PM

Actually I'd prefer a refillable mug! Anyone have one I can borrow?

Natazu
03-30-2008, 01:11 AM
Attn: JQ Parents

So, we're preparing for babyproofing. I've looked at a couple of books, downloads, & pamphlets. It seems like there's a lot of, um, "out there" ideas and some things that I'm not sure of. For instance, one book talks about a pool alarm that goes off when the water is disturbed. At first I though, "what a great idea". As it turns out, it seems to be best for telling you when it's started to rain... or if the wind is blowing.

Well, what do you need Jym?

That's a good question, thanks for asking. I need lists from parents I respect of what to bother baby proofing and what to leave alone. Oh, and some tips on doing it without putting another $1700 on Pogo's ATM card.

Dsnygirl
03-30-2008, 02:06 AM
:confused: What?????

Attn: JQ Parents

So, we're preparing for babyproofing. I've looked at a couple of books, downloads, & pamphlets. It seems like there's a lot of, um, "out there" ideas and some things that I'm not sure of. For instance, one book talks about a pool alarm that goes off when the water is disturbed. At first I though, "what a great idea". As it turns out, it seems to be best for telling you when it's started to rain... or if the wind is blowing.

Well, what do you need Jym?

That's a good question, thanks for asking. I need lists from parents I respect of what to bother baby proofing and what to leave alone. Oh, and some tips on doing it without putting another $1700 on Pogo's ATM card.
:rotfl: :funny:

Jym, you crack me up!! (And I love your new signature line, too!! :D)

As far as baby proofing, I found the most important thing (once the little guy is actually up & moving) was outlet covers and power-strip covers. Oh, and baby gates, of course... we loved the baby gates. Let's see -- and once they're tall enough for reaching door handles, the covers that spin wildly and barely allow parents to be able to get the door open themselves are helpful, too. ;) (Get the ones that squeeze - they're the easiest for parents to use) I'll have to think on this a little, as it's been awhile -- right now, we're into the "Daddy needs to buy a big, scarey rifle and post it above the front door" phase of our child-protecting... just preparing for those wonderful young boys that'll be showing up in a few years.... :D

So! How's everyone?? Sleeping, I'm sure... hope you all had a great Saturday, mine was quick as I spent most of it working or sleeping. Had a few nice hours with the girls and Dan and his mom... then it was back here, to the babyboom factory. Not a bad night so far, though!

I'll catch you all tomorrow... I hope you're all having a GREAT weekend!!

trackbarroness
03-30-2008, 03:56 AM
Good Morning JQ'ers, I met someone the other day and I forget the name she gave me.
I know there were a few JQ'ers here during this past crazy busy week. So who could it have been?
Well anyway it's back to normal opening times for us here. No more 8am opening with 7am EMH.
Have a magical day