PDA

View Full Version : Which 1 Character Meal?

Tinksmom
03-19-2008, 05:23 PM
I need some advice. I'm trying to swing a December trip for my family to the World, but the money is tight. (Like with everyone these days!) We've been the past 2 years and have done 3 character meals each time. I'd like to cut it down to just one so we can do the MVMCP. In the past we've done Cindy's, Chef Mickey's (2x), Norway(2x), Crystal Palace, and Liberty Tree Tavern. My DD is 5.
What should be our 1 character meal?

joanna71985
03-19-2008, 05:29 PM
You didn't say for what meal. But have you thought about 1900 Park Fare dinner? It has Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the Tremaines. It is supposed to be a lot of fun.

BethieTink
03-19-2008, 05:37 PM
If I could only do one character meal, I would do the breakfast at the Crystal Palace. That is mine and DH's favorite.

GrmGrninGost
03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
With a DD, I would go to 1900 PF for dinner! :mickey:

Jasper
03-19-2008, 05:51 PM
The other thing is to try to really listen for what your daughters favorite characters are, sometimes that can lead you down a certain path.

Disney Yankee
03-19-2008, 07:23 PM
We always have to go to Chef Mickey's!!!:mickey:

scootch713
03-20-2008, 07:52 AM
We didn't care as much for 1900 Park Fare.... my girls age 5 and 8 would pick Norway or Chef Mickey's hands down. Why not ask her opinion/?? That is what I am doing for our upcoming trip!

mrsgaribaldi
03-20-2008, 08:02 AM
I like Chef Mickey's too :thumbsup:

Narawen
03-20-2008, 09:08 AM
They're all so great. Unless they have strong character preferences for a different group, I'd do breakfast at Crystal Palace before the park opens.

KylesMom
03-20-2008, 09:44 AM
We love both Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace, but our favorite character meal is The Garden Grill with Mickey & Friends in The Land pavilion at Epcot. Lunch is very sensibly priced, the food is terrific, and we have always received the best character interaction there.:mickey:

DDuck66
03-20-2008, 09:49 AM
We love both Chef Mickey's & Crystal Palace, but our favorite character meal is The Garden Grill with Mickey & Friends in The Land pavilion at Epcot. Lunch is very sensibly priced, the food is terrific, and we have always received the best character interaction there.:mickey:

:ditto:
We love the GG!!! We are never rushed and often see each of the characters a couple of times. The food is always good and we have never had a bad experience in over ten trips to the Grill.

JPL
03-20-2008, 10:25 AM
I have heard some good things about Donald's Safari Breakfast at AK and the cool part about it is the Characters are dressed in their Safari garb :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
03-20-2008, 10:40 AM
It really depends on what charcters you are wanting to see. CRT, Norway, and 1900 are all good Princess meals: Chef Mickey's, Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House, and Liberty Tree Tavern are all more along the lines of the Fab 5, Crystal Palace is of course Winnie the Pooh and the gang.

I like all of them of the Princesses I am a fan of CRT breakfast, but it can be expensive, both Norway and 1900 are good substitutes although 1900 breakfast will have Winnie the Pooh, and Tigger as well. If you want more princesses then either CRT or Norway.

Of the Fab 5 I have to vote for Donald's Safari Breakfast as my favorite with Chef Mickey's a close second. Both have great interaction, but I felt like there was more room at Donald's, plus I like the safari outfits.

If you need a Winnie the Pooh fix there is no better than Crystal Palace, although if you wanted to mix them 1900 breakfast would give you Cinderella, and Winnie the Pooh along with Alice and the Mad Hatter and probably Mary Poppins as well.

Sorry I know this probably didn'[t help, but it really comes down to what character you want to spend the time with. Most of these charcters can probably be found in the parks as well with Alice, Mad Hatter, Piglet, and Daisy being the hardest to find, but if you look hard enough you will find them too.

Wherever you pick have a great time. :mickey:

TinkiTime1989
03-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Another vote for Garden Grill. The food has always been wonderful and the character interaction is some of the best we've had. We've got an ADR for there next week and I can't wait!

Charlee
03-20-2008, 12:04 PM
We love the Crystal Palace so much that we have to do it twice - once for breakfast with an early ADR before the park opens and then for dinner! But Pooh and friends are our favorite characters! :pooh:

moe513
03-20-2008, 12:05 PM
1900 park Fare is great. We love Cinderella,the mice and Prince Charming.

Hayden's Dad
03-20-2008, 12:24 PM
the mice

Actually the mice are no longer at the 1900 dinner it is now Lady Tremaine and the step sisters, Cinderella, and Prince Charming. (The stepsisters are hillarious and Lady Tremaine really gets in the act as well.)

I would throw my vote in for Garden Grille too they were wonderful!

#1donaldfan
03-20-2008, 12:33 PM
We LOVE Donald's Safari Breakfast !!!!!! Try it out then be one of the first to ride EE that day!!

King Triton
03-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I think if you're going to do only one, you've got to have the Mouse. I'd go with Chef Mickey's.

Taja
03-20-2008, 01:07 PM
I agree with listening to what your daughter really wants. I would rule out CRT this trip, but see which she would prefer of the other options. And factor in which meal all of you prefer!