PDA

View Full Version : Fantasia 2000

BrookeA6100
03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
My friend has been looking for this movie for a couple weeks and I was just wondering if it's in the vault or if you can still buy it on DVD in one of the resorts? I'll be in Disneyland in June and was just wondering if I could pick it up for him.

MMouse6937
03-19-2008, 04:28 PM
I don't think you can buy it in the stores anymore. I just checked my Disney Movie Club website and it's not on there. You might have to go with Ebay. Good luck!

PirateLover
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
try Amazon:thumbsup:

BMan62
03-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I got a copy off eBay last fall. There is a whole bunch of them up right now!

mac badger
03-20-2008, 12:26 PM
also, if you wanted to just watch, not buy, my local blockbuster has copies, im sure other stores do as well

Crow
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
yep in the vault.
i bought the set of both Fantasias a few yrs ago. hopefully the will hit Blu-ray someday. at least Sleeping Beauty is coming this fall to BR

BrookeA6100
03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! I bought my copy on ebay for my friend, although he won't be able to watch it for the next two years. Oh well, I'll watch it in the meantime.

Jasper
03-21-2008, 02:20 PM
yep in the vault.
i bought the set of both Fantasias a few yrs ago. hopefully the will hit Blu-ray someday. at least Sleeping Beauty is coming this fall to BR

So for those of us who are not tech savvy, just what is Blu-Ray and is it really any better than what we have now. Also, does this require a whole new system to play it on?

DizneyRox
03-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Blu-Ray is an attempt at getting a higer defintion video out to consumers. Personally, I don't see much use in going to HD for movies, etc. I'm pretty happy with my current DVD format.

But, the movie studios need to make more money by selling you a new version of what you already bought, so they will.

Yes, you need new hardware to view them, a PS3 will play them and they are stand alone players that cost in excess of $400 (for an entry level players) if you wanted to go that route.

I won't go into the restrictions they can also impose on consumers and their ability to view what they have purchased, you can search for that if you're really interested.