PDA

View Full Version : ADRs...How late is too late

*NikkiJ*
03-19-2008, 12:27 PM
I have been reading tons of posts from people who make there ADRs very very very early...

We are planning a trip for the end of August and we are waiting for something to be released about free dining before we book everything...I know historically free dining isn't released until April...Am I cutting it close on making my ADRs??

I am a newbie--be kind

offwego
03-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Welcome to Intercot!

With the "idea" of free dining many people are already making adr's with that in mind so if you are aware of where you'd like to eat I would do so now.

With few exceptions (Cindy's royal table and some of the shows like hoop de doo) there are no credit card deposits and you can call back and cancel them.

In particular it's a good idea if you have a large group, less so if you have a smaller one.

While free dining doesn't change the numer of visitors in a crazy way it does impact the restauarnts (in particular the popular ones such as LeCellier etc) so it's a good thing to plan ahead.

Hope you enjoy your trip.:mickey:

MMouse6937
03-19-2008, 12:51 PM
I agree with Natalie, free dining will make things a little busier at the restaurants. You might want to make some ADRs before the free dining is announced, that way you already have your plans made, you can always cancel later if you decide it's not going to work for you. Take care!

Jared
03-19-2008, 12:59 PM
I also agree with Natalie. One of the most controversial points of the Advance Dining Reservation program is that you do not need to confirm your reservations with a credit card, except at Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall and the dinner shows. Therefore, there is no reason not to book now in case Disney does offer the free dining promotion again this summer.

If not, or your plans somehow change, it's easy to cancel or change your dining arrangements without penalty, and if you do use the free dining, you will already have all your meals planned.

So I recommend assuming you will eventually have the Disney Dining Plan and make reservations accordingly.

vicster
03-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Ditto on making ADRs ASAP. I've already made ours for September. Whether there's free dining or not we still eat at the restaurants.

NJGIRL
03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Fantasmic ADR's also require a credit card deposit and have a penalty if canceled.

SurferStitch
03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Fantasmic ADR's also require a credit card deposit and have a penalty if canceled.

Just wanted to add....the California Grill also requires a credit card to hold the ressie, and you are penalized $20 per person if you cancel with less than 24 hours notice.

Don't take chances....make some ADR's now for your favorite places.

busterthebronco
03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
book early and book often.
its very possible to book even after arrival but you end up taking whatever you can get.
i would just pick a few places and call about them.
if they have an openning and its at a time you can live with book 'em dan-o!

Seasonscraps
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
You should make them as soon as you know when you will be there, especially if you need specific times or popular restaurants. But to help ease your mind, I have made ADRs as late as 2 weeks in advance and except for one meal I got reservations for my first dining choice including trips during the free dining promotion.

LudwigVonDrake
03-21-2008, 12:19 PM
I have booked ADRs the morning of a reservation. I would suggest to book as many as you can before your trip.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree with eveyone else. Book them now if you already have the dates you are going to be there. You can always call back and change a lot of them around. Except the really popular ones and even then you might still get lucky and be able to change. You just have to be flexible on the times you want to eat. Plus the park hours are already out so you can plan around those too.
I just made ADRs for my boss at the store I work at for 5 days before he left. I couldn't get Le Cellier but I got him into Coral Reef and a few others without a real problem.