PDA

View Full Version : Fnwf / Ddp

iceicebritney
03-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Hey everyone,

I haven't heard much talk on here about the Food and Wine Festival.

I'd like to know if its worth planning my next trip around? Do you have to pay to do a lot of the events extra? and my biggest question is about the dining plan... is it worth getting the disney dining plan if your going to be there over the food and wine festival? can you use your "snacks" for the samplers around world show case? can you use your wine credits at the festival?

Sorry for all the questions! Any answers and opinions are GREATLY appreciated!!!

wendy*darling
03-19-2008, 11:32 AM
If you do a search you will find many, many threads about the Food & Wine Festival.

I have been 3 times, and have a trip planned for this year's event as well.
I DO think it's worth planning a trip around.

There are lots of things you can do at the Fest.
Just walking around World Showcase- you will see all of the kiosks set up to sell "appetizer-sized" samples of foods from all over the world, as well as the wines from that country.

A huge part of F&W are the special dinners and events- they cost extra- and are fairly expensive. But you can enjoy it without ever attending one of these.

There are a few sessions open to the public, free of charge- just check the daily schedule for times and places.

As for the DDP- You can use snack credits for many of these food purchases (those under $4). But if you plan to spend a lot of time grazing around the world- and you only have 1 snack credit/day. I would probably opt NOT to do the DDP on that trip. If you want to visit the Fest once or twice and will do regular touring and dining the rest of the time- then it may still make sense for the DDP. It's all in how you plan your trip.

DVCWDWMEMBER
03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Our family has been to WDW during the food and Wine festival and my husband and I plan to go this year too. We love to go during that time because of the great food available throughout the World Showcase. We are not planning to do the dining plan because you can sample so many items for just over $1.00 to about $4.00. I hope you will go and enjoy.

Jared
03-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I totally agree with Linda. The Epcot International Food & Wine Festival is definitely worth planning a trip around, but I don't think it's necessarily a good idea to purchase the Disney Dining Plan.

You can use your snack credits at the kiosks around World Showcase, but you only get one per day, and you will want to sample much more. The best way to really experience the festival is to try some of the special events. They cost extra, but you're there for the food, anyway. On another day, I suggest walking around and trying a little something from all the booths. The samples are small, so there's no reason you couldn't make a meal or two out of lots of appetizers.

:tasty:

iceicebritney
03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks you guys! I was really starting to think that it's not going to be worth it to purchase the meal plan for this trip... then i felt like an idiot! But now i'm starting to feel better about my decision. I mean with all the extra stuff to purchase at the festival (food, beer, wine, more food..)

I'm sure we could just spend all day picking and then our "counter services" would go to waste. Has anyone done the F&W festival in previous years on the DDP and made it work? or felt it was a waste of money?