PDA

View Full Version : Free Dining Question

wilcat
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Has the free dining offer been made in the past for any other times besides the Aug-Sept timeframe that has been offered the last few years? I was curious with the economy being what it is today if Disney would offer free dining at other times just to get more people in the parks? I know some people who have already canceled vacations because of fuel costs and job worries.

tennantsrwe
03-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Hi.
I asked a similar question a few months ago and most of the responses to an additional free dining time were 'probably not.' Free dining in Aug-Sept is offered b/c it is peak hurricane season and typically ressies are down. It would be nice if they did offer some great discounts to help offset the higher gas, etc but I wouldn't count on it.

CleveSJM
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I think UK guests may have had a Sept-Dec window one year, but that's just my fuzzy memory speaking.

I would think not. The parks are at good attendance levels now. They need some quieter times to do rehabs. Giving money away, via free food, doesn't seem like a good marketing plan at other times of the years.

I guess it's more of a possibility since they weakened the Dining Plan. Eventually, they will have a base plan that gives you a marshmallow treat and a soda every day for $5. They will call that free dining and give it away more. (I may exaggerate a bit but the concept is in there.)

Rodders
03-19-2008, 10:53 AM
I think UK guests may have had a Sept-Dec window one year, but that's just my fuzzy memory speaking.

I would think not. The parks are at good attendance levels now. They need some quieter times to do rehabs. Giving money away, via free food, doesn't seem like a good marketing plan at other times of the years.

I guess it's more of a possibility since they weakened the Dining Plan. Eventually, they will have a base plan that gives you a marshmallow treat and a soda every day for $5. They will call that free dining and give it away more. (I may exaggerate a bit but the concept is in there.)

I know what you mean. When the "free" dining option for Sep 08 was made available to UK residents I had to think before I booked it. The excluded the value resorts and made the changes that we all know about. Add that to the "rack rate" issue it wasn't as cheap as I may have hoped.

SBETigg
03-19-2008, 11:03 AM
There are other promotions that run at other times of the year, though, some of them equal to or better in savings than the free dining. Disney hasn't exactly been hurting for guests, either. I believe attendance during the Year of a Million Dreams promotion has been way up. It's hard to find a "quiet" time of year anymore.

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-19-2008, 01:38 PM
If not offered at the value resorts, then will the moderates be super crowded??

TBY2225
03-20-2008, 09:18 AM
When we booked the bounceback free dining for this September we were able to get any resort we wanted. We always stay at Pop Century so that is where we booked for this year. Maybe the Value's not being included was just for the UK promotion.