PDA

View Full Version : AKL club level for one night?

mudpuppysmom
03-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm looking for positives and minuses to this scenario.

What we want to do is go on the Sunrise Safari, so we would check into the hotel on 12/10 and stay in a club level room then on 12/11 go on the safari.

Now, my sister has a limited budget and I'm pretty sure if I stay in a club level room I cannot take everyone on the safari the next morning, but am I right? When this question is answered it could be the end right there, but.....

I would not mind checking out the room and its' amenities for one night, but am I nuts?

Is it advantageous to stay club level one night just to go on the safari? The cost is pretty significant since I have a pin code we're using and the cost of the room will be 152 per night vs. 376 for club level.....what exactly can we take advantage of for the extra 223$ for that day? I already know that immediately after the safari I'm going to have to run back to check out of that room and recheck into another room, so that is a hassle.

Can I hope for an AP discount?

Help me decide before I present to the DH (who will say "whatever dear" no matter what I say plus or minus about this).

I feel like I'm nuts for even considering it!

TammiMcMan
03-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Now, my sister has a limited budget and I'm pretty sure if I stay in a club level room I cannot take everyone on the safari the next morning, but am I right? When this question is answered it could be the end right there, but.....Sorry, but only guests registered on the club level can take advantage of the safari. In the past, when it was undersold, they could open it up to other guests, but those instances were few and far between.

.....what exactly can we take advantage of for the extra 223$ for that day? I already know that immediately after the safari I'm going to have to run back to check out of that room and recheck into another room, so that is a hassle.You may not have to physically change rooms, especially since now the club level rooms are scattered around the resort. Your room keys would need to be re-coded to give you lounge access for those 2 days. Even though you are only staying one night, typically pre-planning services would be extended to your entire stay. That means assistance with your ADR's and other reservations if you need it. The lounge and staff would be available to you from 7am on the 10th, until 10pm on the 11th. I'm not sure how comfortable you'd be spending your time in the lounge though, especially if your sister and her family could not be with you.

I feel like I'm nuts for even considering it!Actually, I know alot of people who have done this just for the chance to book the safari. You didn't mention how many people are in your group. If it's only you and DH and your sister and her DH, then it would actually work out perfectly. The standard club level rooms have an occupancy limit of 4. They can stay in their regular room and you can simply add their names to your reservation for that one night. It will cost you $50 ($25 x 2 additional adults), but then you can all have access to the club lounge and book the sunrise safari. Not sure if that works for you.

ThanxForNoticin
03-19-2008, 12:44 PM
What we want to do is go on the Sunrise Safari, so we would check into the hotel on 12/10 and stay in a club level room then on 12/11 go on the safari.
I feel like I'm nuts for even considering it!

Two quick but important items. First, I don't think you are crazy for considering the idea. It is a lot of money, but it is also an amazing experience. You can also take advantage of the food and drinks available in the club lounge during the day and evening.

Second, please check your dates before you do anything. The Sunrise Safari only goes out twice per week. It's been a couple years since we've done it last, but I think it used to be Sunday mornings and Thursday mornings. According to your note above, you'd want to stay Thursday night 12/10, and then do a safari Friday morning 12/11 - I don't think there will be a safari that morning.

The Sunrise Safari truly is one of our favorite things to do. I could see us staying club level for one night to do it the next morning! Hope you have a great time.

mouseketeer mom
03-19-2008, 12:46 PM
Why not? We found the sunrise safari worth every penny. We loved our inside view of the savannah, the safari, and the park too. It was a special time, learned lots, and had lots of fun. If you can do it, then don't question it, do it! It really is a special treat. If it will break the bank, then don't consider it, but as I said, if you CAN, then why not?

TammiMcMan
03-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Second, please check your dates before you do anything. The Sunrise Safari only goes out twice per week. It's been a couple years since we've done it last, but I think it used to be Sunday mornings and Thursday mornings. According to your note above, you'd want to stay Thursday night 12/10, and then do a safari Friday morning 12/11 - I don't think there will be a safari that morning.Excellent point. It is still being offered on Sundays and Thursdays.

mudpuppysmom
03-19-2008, 02:54 PM
12/10 is a Wednesday, so if we stayed that night we could do the Thursday morning.

As for who is in our party.....well, that is where it gets complicated. DH is not coming until Friday which leaves open his "slot" in the room. The big HOWEVER is that we have my DS (6), my two nieces (10 and 3) plus a baby (6 months) -- another question I posed to Melissa at MJ was can we even book an infant on the safari? If we can't take the baby than that just washes the whole thing.....also the only person who could not come on the safar would be my sisters DBF and I don't think that would be nice to leave him at the resort all by himself not would it! So he would be the only person we would have an "issue" getting on the safari (or one adult -- depends on how you look at it!).

Do you think Disney might allow just one "extra" in that instance? I know that the answer is no, but a little pixie dust could be sprinkled our way, you never know!

As for room location, what can you expect as far as placement for a club room? We would be booking a std club room. I understand the access coded on your key thing, just where might I expect to be placed?

TammiMcMan
03-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Do you think Disney might allow just one "extra" in that instance? I know that the answer is no, but a little pixie dust could be sprinkled our way, you never know!As far as I know, there is no age limit on the safari, so I think you'll be fine there. As to the "extra" person, I don't think there will be a problem. Technically, the room occupancy limit is 4, but you will all be staying in separate rooms. It's just on paper that you'll be adding your sisters name and the kids to your room reservation. I imagine if Melissa explains all that to AKL, it will probably be fine with them.

As for room location, what can you expect as far as placement for a club room? We would be booking a std club room. I understand the access coded on your key thing, just where might I expect to be placed?The club rooms have savannah views. I guess it might end up being up to you whether or not you want to go through the trouble of moving your room for 1 night, then moving back to the standard view category.

ThanxForNoticin
03-19-2008, 07:41 PM
12/10 is a Wednesday, so if we stayed that night we could do the Thursday morning.

Sorry, my intentions were good, but my calendar reading was bad. Glad the dates would work.