PDA

View Full Version : Failure to turn up for an ADR

Rodders
03-19-2008, 05:34 AM
This year I got the free DDP and have booked an ADR for every night. If we do change our mind about any then I will ensure that I phone to cancel as soon as we know. If something crops up and we don't make it without calling ahead then, apart from at the locations that required my credit card, are there any charges levied?

dizneeat
03-19-2008, 06:27 AM
If you cannot make it there are no charges. Only at the ones you had to put your Credit Card down - they will charge you 20$ (I think) per person for a no show.
If you cannot make it in time - like you would be late - try anyway. Happened to us a few times (got stuck on a ride, delayed traffic) and we always got in even later than we were booked.
But best thing to do is call ahead and cancel or tell them you are going to be late.

kakn7294
03-19-2008, 11:37 AM
They send bounty hunters to find you and haul you off to the jail in POTC.

No, you won't be charged if they don't require a credit card hold - but you will be taking a spot from someone else so even if you find out at the very last minute or a bit late that you won't make it, call and cancel. Maybe someone else can use your spot, especially during the popular free dining time.

#1donaldfan
03-19-2008, 12:47 PM
I totally agree with Kathy, and as you've stated......call as soon as you know, and if it's just seconds before your time of arrival, still call, because I'm sure someone will be in "standby" and would be ever so grateful you gave a call.......:mickey:

MMouse6937
03-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Disney will tell you if there's a charge for cancellation when you make your reservations. As said before, always try to call and cancel even if it's last minute, someone would really be pleased if they could get a table if you can't make it. :thumbsup:

Jared
03-19-2008, 01:04 PM
This year I got the free DDP and have booked an ADR for every night. If we do change our mind about any then I will ensure that I phone to cancel as soon as we know. If something crops up and we don't make it without calling ahead then, apart from at the locations that required my credit card, are there any charges levied?
As others have said, you will not be charged for canceling or simply not showing up for most dining reservations. The only exceptions are Cinderella's Royal Table, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, the dinner shows and the Fantasmic! Dinner Package.

If you can't make a meal, definitely cancel your spot, no matter how late. The restaurants are extremely busy and popular now, and you will make another family who couldn't get a reservation very happy. You can make or cancel Advance Dining Reservations on the phone, obviously, but also at the podium of any restaurant in Disney.

Rodders
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Can I see a consensus here? :mickey:

Thanks for the info, I would certainly make that call as I understand that scenario having struggled to get places at restaurants myself. I couldn't even think of just not turning up and leaving the ADR.

Natazu
03-20-2008, 03:14 AM
They send bounty hunters to find you and haul you off to the jail in POTC. :funny:

LudwigVonDrake
03-20-2008, 07:38 PM
I've been late for reservations and they were always nice and got us in as soon as possible. I've never no showed.

MsMin
03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
In O6 we lost grandpa right before we had to go to our ADR and I went to Guest relations who called the restaurant and then treated us to a taxi b/c it was the fastest way there(totally unexpected)...
So if you are near guest relations they can help too!