PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic dinner

EmmMOM2
03-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Anyone done the fantasmic show dinner package so as not to wait in line for the show?
I'm thinking about booking.
How did it go?

scoot241
03-18-2008, 07:05 PM
We did Hollywood & Vine. It was a good meal, and the seats are decent. They're on the lower level on the right side of the stadium. All in all it was a good experience.

linedropper
03-18-2008, 07:14 PM
We have done it on both of our last trips. Both times we ate at Hollywood and vine and headed over to fantasmic. I have no complaints, I have heard some people complain that the seats they reserve are on the far right. But you walk right in and sit down, not a bad deal! Plus you sneak right out! Do It! Highly recommended!

Steve:mickey:

T-Belle
03-18-2008, 07:28 PM
I've done it several times...eating at Brown Derby and Hollywood & Vine. It really is nice not to have to wait for hours in that hot:crowd: crowd. The only complaint I have is the weather. Our last 2 Fantasmic pkgs. were called off because of lightning in the area.

EmmMOM2
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
we booked it!! So wish me luck!

You can sneak out the same entrance you came in?? I read a review where one guy was mad because they made everyone leave the main entrance.

IS that true?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2008, 10:12 PM
We've done the Fantasmic package twice, and have it booked again for our upcoming trip.

The first time, they made us leave through the main entrance, the second time we got to go out the "back" way that we'd come in...it might depend on crowds, or even if there are EMH that night.

For us, it is the way to go; there is no way I'm patient enough to wait 90 minutes for the show.

KylesMom
03-19-2008, 10:55 AM
You can sneak out the same entrance you came in?? I read a review where one guy was mad because they made everyone leave the main entrance.

:D I wouldn't call it sneaking because thousands of guests will be right with you. :D However, we've been doing the Fantasmic dinner package since 2001, and we've never been led out the "sneaky" entrance near Oscar's where you enter with the package deal. This could be because of the time we travel (summertime). I think Fantasmic has been SRO every time we've seen the show!

tinka
03-19-2008, 11:34 AM
We have booked it for our upcoming trip. Dinner at H&V at 3:50 pm...quite early for uys, but only time available. Any suggestions for what time to head into the "special access" area to get seated?

Taja
03-19-2008, 01:08 PM
We have booked it for our upcoming trip. Dinner at H&V at 3:50 pm...quite early for uys, but only time available. Any suggestions for what time to head into the "special access" area to get seated?

About 30 minutes or so prior to show time. I believe they release the seats to the general public about 10 minutes prior to the show.

Jared
03-19-2008, 01:11 PM
we booked it!! So wish me luck!

IS that true?
I'm pretty sure the back exit is opened to everyone after the show to help get everyone out of the theater faster. But your seats are close to that exit, so you still have a chance to make a fast getaway.

I would arrive no later than 30 minutes before the show. Although you do have seats reserved, if you arrive late, you will be sitting in the very last section of the theater. If it's a busy time of year, I'd probably arrive 40 minutes early.

:)

Figaro0826
03-19-2008, 01:21 PM
If the show get's canceled due to inclement weather , will they honor your tickets for another day, like do they stamp them or something ? or are you just our of the show portion.

Sorry I don't the patience to wait 90 for a show.
Can't imagaine making small children to endure that.

I hear the latter show is less crowded.

EmmMOM2
03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
No, if it is cancelled due to rain etc you DO NOT get a refund. Sorry..

But I'm just taking my chances

Narawen
03-20-2008, 09:06 AM
We did it at the Brown Derby, which was great because we probably wouldn't have gone there otherwise, but now it's a must-go for us. Since we used the package in october, we probably didn't "need" it- there were still alot of empty seats at Fantasmic but most were higher up than where we sat. The process was great though, after dinner we walked to the meeting spot and around the other side of the Fantasmic pavilion and got in our seats 10 mins before show time. If you're going in the busier months it's a must unless you want to wait 2 hours or more.