PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Captain Jack

Hayden's Dad
03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Okay, we are going to our favorite place in May and attending the P&PP on the 16th. Right now we have reservations at LTT for 4:05. I figured after that we would make our way down to the Adventurland Veranda (Is that where he meets?) and go ahead and get in line while we change Hayden into the scourge of the seven seas.
My question is this am I being silly lining up this early? I have heard that his line gets really long and stays that way all night. Would it be better to come back later in the evening? Thanks for the advice. :D

Also how long do the characters stay out at the parties for meet and greets?

Any other tips would be great and anyone else you would recommed not to miss. Where are Pirate Mickey, Donlad, and Goofy in Toontown?

joanna71985
03-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Okay, we are going to our favorite place in May and attending the P&PP on the 16th. Right now we have reservations at LTT for 4:05. I figured after that we would make our way down to the Adventurland Veranda (Is that where he meets?) and go ahead and get in line while we change Hayden into the scourge of the seven seas.
My question is this am I being silly lining up this early? I have heard that his line gets really long and stays that way all night. Would it be better to come back later in the evening? Thanks for the advice. :D

Also how long do the characters stay out at the parties for meet and greets?

Any other tips would be great and anyone else you would recommed not to miss. Where are Pirate Mickey, Donlad, and Goofy in Toontown?

It's not silly to line up that early. Captain Jack's line can get LONG.

It depends on the character, and where they are meeting. The majority will be out until 11:30 or so (leaving every so often for a snack). Characters like Pocahontas and John Smith will be out longer, but will leave more often.

The last time I went, they were near CoP (I believe). They have a big backdrop, so you can't miss them.

Hayden's Dad
03-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks Joanna, Do any charcters meet actually in Ariel's grotto during the party?

joanna71985
03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks Joanna, Do any charcters meet actually in Ariel's grotto during the party?

Besides the Dance Party ones, Ariel and Eric were there during the first set (Jan-March 2007), I didn't go there during the second set (Aug 2007), but I heard that it was just Ariel. I believe if anyone is there now, it would be just Ariel.

kakn7294
03-19-2008, 12:24 AM
In August, we lined up early for Captain Jack and were surprised that the line was actually moving - we got to see him well before 7pm. As far as Ariel's Grotto, it was only Ariel in the actual grotto. At the Dance Party, you could see Flounder, Sebastian, and the Blackfish, but not get individual pics or autographs.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 02:21 AM
Last year when they had two parades, I went to see Jack during the second one and waited less than 10 minutes. I heard many Guests say it was roughly 70 minutes, but I know the set-up is the same as the Judge's Tent so I don't see how it can possibly be that long.

I would aim for later in the evening if you can make it that long or even getting there extra early like you've planned. Tell him his wife says hi! Ahhh, it's fun working at the place of dreams....

Hayden's Dad
03-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Am I right is he at the Adventureland Veranda where TImon and Rafiki usually are during the day? Is it the same princesses in the Judge's Tent as usual or are they with their princes. Thanks guys I know I sound...what's the word...obsessive :D but I know you all understand.

ljv1975
03-19-2008, 10:32 AM
He is right next door to where you meet Timon and Rafiki during the day. It was great for us because it was pouring rain during our party and the line is indoors. Just like the judges tent, they take back a certain number of people at a time.

We watched the parade, and as soon as the last float came by, I turned around and basically ran back to get in line for him. On the way we stopped and met Abu and the Genie, and then Meeko. We got in line for Captain Jack and waited maybe 10-15 minutes. I was really glad we got in line when we did. A few minutes after we lined up, the line got very, very long!!

My 2 year old daugter is in love with Captain Jack, so this was so great for her. She even told him that he was cute and he gave her a gold coin from his "personal treasure". It was really nice and we got some great pics. The ones from photopass all have the "I met Captain Jack" border on them.

I would try to go during or immediately after the parade! Good luck!!!

joanna71985
03-19-2008, 01:53 PM
The only problem is that now they are only doing 1 parade during P&P.