PDA

View Full Version : giselle dress??

playdead88
03-18-2008, 04:55 PM
my dd7 is all about some giselle - has anyone seen her dress for sale at the parks? we are going to the p&pp party in april and she would love wear giselle's dress - thanks :mickey:

aurorafan
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
I don't know about the parks, but I was at the Disney store a few days ago and it's got tons of Giselle stuff, including the white dress :).

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-18-2008, 06:37 PM
They still don't have the dress at the parks... :confused::confused::confused: I don't get it...

But The Disney Store has them right now, and online I think they have a style available. I really wish they would bring them into the parks. Anyone hear rumor of them bringing them in?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 02:37 AM
Actually....we've just about pulled all Giselle merchandise.

At Emporium, we don't sell anything anymore other than the DVD and a couple of pins.

We never had the dress or anything (and I think we should) but we don't have the dolls, or the books, or anything. And I get asked....A LOT.

I was at WOD last week and didn't see anything there either.

wilshade
03-19-2008, 07:26 AM
Was the pulling of the Giselle stuff due to slow sales or something else? Like, maybe, merchandising/contract problems?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I was told it had to do with Disney not wanting to be bound to the image of Amy Adams as Giselle, which if that was the case, the why not pulling all Jack Sparrow Merchandise since it has Johnny Depp's likeness on it?

So I really can't say, but I know I was there and we has this (rather small) section for Giselle and the next day, -poof!- it was gone.

playdead88
03-19-2008, 09:26 AM
maybe dd will go for the white cinderella dress this year - its kinda close to giselle's dress - im sure whatever the reason why the products were pulled it has to do with money and/or rights to money - funny how that stuff never has a happily ever after.....

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-19-2008, 01:13 PM
You'll have to search the Disney Stores for a white Cinderella dress. There isn't one at the parks.

Now, Giselle was meant to be a spoof of Ariel, so Ariel's white wedding dress is fairly close to Giselle's dress so you might have better luck with that one.

playdead88
03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
thanks! we'll check it out when we get there in 30 days!!!!!! :mickey: