PDA

View Full Version : Storms?

wizardmickey
03-18-2008, 03:42 PM
A HUGE weather system is sweeping across us from Texas in a line going waaaaaaaaaay up North... Looks like when it finally hits, they're talking about anywhere from 3-10 inches of rain in the worst areas (doesn't mean we'll get that rain; sky is still sunny, but they are predicting major flooding along the line like in Mississippi, Missouri, Arkansas and not sure where else yet) but we ARE under a Severe Tornado Watch until 7 pm. with a Lake Wind Advisory and current wind gusts ranging up to 45 miles per hour! The wind here is VERY bad right now; The covered swing outside in our back yard has blown over twice (I finally turned it sideways so the wind would stop catching it), the bamboo cutains by the jacuzzi were all twisted up and all over the place (have straightened them out and tied them back), 1 large tree limb fell by an old bench near our fence and lots of little branches are all over the yard, the plastic sheeting stuff that covers our driveway is flapping around in sections like somebody with a bad combover, and some tar-paper/shingles blew off the roof and out into the front yard.
I've got it on the weather channel right now trying to see what's what for our area... the power even blew out a while ago! They're saying major hail later tonight (of course, while I'm supposed to be at practice) so I'm sitting tight and listening to every thump and bump and running to windows to see what else might be swirling around the yard.
I know a few others on here are in the line of all this and will probably getting the heavy flooding... my thoughts will be of y'all until this blows over!

Jeremy
03-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Hey ice Brother.
Yes bad weather going around our area.
Just saw the news and DFW airport is shut down
So that means Flights Delayed.
Plus flooding like you said.
The sky here was has been dark gray all day, with wind and heavy rain, but more is coming this way.
I hope you are ok and all the people in the areas.

Strmchsr
03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
You guys are under a PDS (particularly dangerous situation) which means long-track tornadoes (the big ones) are possible, so stay safe and keep your eyes and ears glued to a good local source of weather. Weather Channel is a little slow in getting warnings out, so check out the local folks if you can.

wizardmickey
03-18-2008, 05:38 PM
Reporting from IPhone (thank God for this device!)
Got really dark suddenly and then wind picked up and got very loud. Power flickered off & on then died. Still sounds bad outside, a section of the gutter on front and back of house was ripped off by the wind during that last blast.
Local stations here not as accurate as weather channel oddly enough. Since no power its a moot point right now anyway. Can hear sirens in the distance now, must be either an accident or ...??
Will update how this rides out. Band practice was just postponed as I was typing this as well.

Chescat
03-18-2008, 06:12 PM
Keep safe Ice and Pirate, and anybody else that this affects. :(

Patricia
03-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Stay safe!

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Hope you all get through it okay! Best wishes to everyone :)