PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp...is it worth the money

momof3+twins
03-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Okay, I have figured out that it could be busy late in October. Is it still worth the money? And just how long am I going to have to wait to ride? We don't do the coasters often, so I am asking for more Fantasyland type stuff, Buzz, HM and pirates.
Thanks for your help.

Quasimodo
03-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Yes. Its worth the money. I recommend going on a night other than Friday or Saturday. Those nights are more crowded. If you can avoid those, the crowd should be small and you will have little to no wait on any ride.

Plus the fireworks and parade are awesome. And I am not a parade person.

WDWfanatic742
03-18-2008, 04:12 PM
We went the day before Halloween last year. Even though it is busier than most of the nights, it was low enough that any of the rides rarely had more than a 5 minute wait, including Space Mountain. It's very fun and all the candy you can collect in one night is well worth it. They give out enough to the point where you can get most of your money back with just the amount of candy that you collect alone.

medic9016
03-18-2008, 04:28 PM
We will be going for the 5th time this years. We like to go on a Wed or Thur. I'm sure as it becomes even more popular the number of tickets will increase.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
03-18-2008, 04:38 PM
All i have to say is that it was the best time my husband and I had on our 10 day honeymoon.

We had a GREAT time, the crowd were really low, there was vertually no wait in any line, we actually just stayed on some rides (such as Splash Mountain) and just looped through it again because there was no line. If you can stay until after the fireworks and parade are over it totally clears out of almost everyone.

It is just a VERY fun experience even for adults!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-18-2008, 04:58 PM
Also, keep in mind that if you enter as early as allowable with your party ticket at 4pm you get a full eight hours in the park. We did the party on a day we did not use our park passes (a pretty affordable way to spend a "day" at MK actually). Instead we swam, shopped and rested and we basically extended our park visits another day by not not using our passes that day.

Have fun.

tnpoohbear
03-18-2008, 05:55 PM
YES! We have been going to WDW usually twice a year for the past 13 years. This past October was the first time we went to MNSSHP and DD (who is 17) absolutely loved it! There was so much to see and do plus you get tons of candy and get to dress up if you like - DD did I did not dress up. The show at the castle was great, then there is the meet and greet, hallowishes - awesome and the parade was fantastic. Even with all of the people there we still did not have to wait for rides. Going back again in Oct and planning to attend and stay longer this time. :mickey:

Through the looking Glass
03-18-2008, 06:09 PM
I think it is a must if you are going in October. We actually went on Halloween night. Lines for rides were very short. I think most people are not there for the rides, there is too much else to see. Lines for charactors were a little long (we had to forget Jack Sparrow). We came home with about 8 pounds of candy. Fireworks and parades were outstanding and the best I'd ever seen at Disney. Go early! Stay late!

GrmGrninGost
03-18-2008, 07:17 PM
NNSSHP is the coolest thing going on at WDW! I love it!! :mpumpkin: We've been several times, and I am so excited we may get to go this year! We hardly ever go one rides though! There is so much other stuff going on we often don't have time for the rides! It is one exciting night! Go and enjoy! :mickey:

starrmomof2
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
We went in '06. I, too, debated the extra cost on top of everything else, but a friend convinced us to give it a shot. It was fabulous and will be a part of our trip for sure if we get back down in September and it is happening when we are there. The different parade and fireworks shows were really cool. The only change we plan on making this time is to go earlier in our stay instead of the last night before having to get up early and drive home!!

TFrauts
03-18-2008, 08:03 PM
do they give you trick or treat bags, or should we bring our own??

trennedy
03-18-2008, 08:39 PM
We love MNSSHP!! We will be back this Halloween. They give you a bag and have special candy areas to go thru to FILL the bags. Last time we went, my DS got huge rolls of candy...It was difficult to get it all packed and back home. We think it is very worth it and are excited to return on Halloween this year.

trennedy
03-18-2008, 08:40 PM
We love MNSSHP!! We will be back this Halloween. They give you a bag and have special candy areas to go thru to FILL the bags. Last time we went, my DS got huge rolls of candy...It was difficult to get it all packed and back home. We think it is very worth it and are excited to return on Halloween this year.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-18-2008, 11:19 PM
We went to MNSSHP this past September for the first time, twice. It was absolutely worth it!! Our kids loved every minute of it. My husband and I thought the parade and fireworks were the best we have ever seen in WDW. :thumbsup:

The lines for rides seemed short most of the night. But to be honest with you, we skipped the rides to see all the special events and decorations for the night. We did hit Splash Mountain, BTMRR and Space Mountain all at 11pm until the park closed at midnight. No wait what so ever.

Our kids are a little bummed we are going to WDW in December this year. They really wanted to go back at MNSSHP time!

Highly recommend it!

grumpyguy
03-19-2008, 07:29 AM
obviously you can see by the other opinions that others think it's worth it and i agree.
it gives the whole park just a different atmosphere for the whole day then knowing that when people without tickets have to leave you get to stay:thumbsup:if you go make sure you get a spot you can see the headless horseman starting the parade,worth the price alone!!we watched from liberty square,it was really cool.

russk42
03-19-2008, 10:41 AM
We went last year during the first week of October, and it was VERY crowded---on Thursday!. The lines and crowds by the time of the first fireworks were unbearable--especialy with younger kids, so we left during the first fireworks.
Maybe it was a school break week somewhere? Or maybe we goofed by staying near fantasyland?

EDIT: we went on thursday immediately preceeding columbus day weekend, that may explain the crowds

We had been previously in 2003, and MNSSHP was very pleasant--we ended up going twice during that week,and it was definitely worth the $$.

I recall that were were able to enter the MK as early as 4pm using our MNSSHP ticket, despite the official time of 7pm.

Jeff G
03-19-2008, 11:24 AM
We went last year during the first week of October, and it was VERY crowded---on Thursday!. The lines and crowds by the time of the first fireworks were unbearable--especially with younger kids, so we left during the first fireworks.
Maybe it was a school break week somewhere? Or maybe we goofed by staying near fantasyland?

We've done MNSSHP three times. Th fist time in '04 it was awesome, small crowds and virtually no waits for any rides. In '05 we did it again, it was quite a bit busier than the year before with longer lines for the special Halloween events rides while the rides were generally not bad.

In '06 we went on Friday, September 29th and it was packed with packed being an understatement(I've been to WDW 11 times covering all seasons including the July peak and have never once witnessed anything close to this). To give you an idea, when the fireworks came on it was shoulder to shoulder people throughout fantasyland. Lines for characters were well over an hour and the trick or treat lines were 15-20 minutes. It was impossible to get any enjoyment out of the experience. We left by 10:00 just to get away. The sad thing is CM's were telling guests that they had oversold and that we could get a ticket to another night(Not a refund) because they realized it was a mob scene. Unfortunately we left Sunday and another night wasn't an option.

I have friends who were at WDW in '05 who hit the same mobs while we experienced minimal lines that year.

Last year we skipped MNSSHP because of the experience in '06 & we'll be skipping it again this coming trip. To us it wasn't worth the cost per ticket to take a chance on whether it would be crowded or not.

JPL
03-19-2008, 11:43 AM
It's definately worth the extra money if you take advantage of the special event only offerings. The Villains Mix & Mingle show, the Boo To You parade, and Hallowishes are all must sees. And don't forget to get your Trick or Treating in and leave with some great candy :tasty: I was eating candy from MNSSHP until December :D

momof3+twins
03-19-2008, 12:03 PM
I know that the first week in October where I live is Fall break for the whole school district and my BIL is a teacher so goes then. He said it was busy last year at that time. So, I am pretty sure the large crowds have something to do with fall breaks in schools.
Anyone have any idea what the Tuesday before Halloween will be like, guessing at best?
It sounds awesome, but I don't think 15-20 minute waits for candy sounds good at all!
Thanks for your help!!

sneezyone
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
question....we do not have kids, but I love halloween, will it be something I'd enjoy? can adults trick or treat too?

WriteDisney
03-19-2008, 12:23 PM
question....we do not have kids, but I love halloween, will it be something I'd enjoy? can adults trick or treat too?

I was going to ask the same question but I wasn't sure :blush:... I'm going in September without kids and was thinking about doing it anyway with DBF... Do you HAVE to get dressed up (don't know if I could convince DBF to do this)? Do adults dress up too? We're going from end of Sept/early Oct, a major reason for doing it would be I heard OP mention less crowds... do you think we'd encounter this at that time?

Much thanks!

Off to Never Land
03-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I was going to ask the same question but I wasn't sure :blush:... I'm going in September without kids and was thinking about doing it anyway with DBF... Do you HAVE to get dressed up (don't know if I could convince DBF to do this)? Do adults dress up too? We're going from end of Sept/early Oct, a major reason for doing it would be I heard OP mention less crowds... do you think we'd encounter this at that time?
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/images/smilies/smile3.gif
:)
Much thanks!

It is definitely fun for adults too. My husband and I went on our honeymoon (early October) and had a blast. The lines were very short especially towards the end of the night.
Adult do not have to dress up. Some of the adults looked a little creepy (not in the fun Halloween way) if they are dressed up in my opinion. But you can definitely dress up...just keep it simple. You want to be comfortable.
Adult can definitely trick-or-treat...we did.
Enjoy it...it is Halloween!

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Usually we can walk right onto rides that have long lines in the daytime. I think it's worth it. The parade is good and the fireworks awesome:mickey:

Stich8818
03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
It is worth every penny. Not just for Hallowishes and the parade..but then there is the Villians stage show(if you like them). But then the ride lines are small and the most if not all the characters are out I know I got Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs...It was a great night. And not to mention...CANDY!!!

joanna71985
03-20-2008, 07:50 PM
MNSSHP is a lot of fun. I love the parade, the fireworks, and the castle show. Plus it's fun going to all the candy stations, and meeting the characters.

pook@wdw
03-21-2008, 07:56 PM
YES! :yay: YES!:thumbsup: YES!:number1:

carley
03-21-2008, 08:28 PM
my family must be the oddball out...we went last year and found it more crowded during the party then we did during the other two days we spent at magic kingdom.... we wont be doing it again this year when we go

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-22-2008, 01:18 PM
We are going in early september. September 5 is the first night and it is on the night of joy and is a Friday. Do you think it will be really busy on this day?
We have 3 girls ages (just turned at the time) 2,3 and 4. Will they enjoy it as well?:mickey:

dumbo ears
03-22-2008, 05:36 PM
Ive heard its great and you can ride a lot of rides during the party. also the parade is supposed to be fantastic