PDA

View Full Version : The "We're Going to Disney World" Song

joeyGibson
03-18-2008, 01:07 PM
We have always driven to WDW, since we live in Atlanta. Back in the 90's, once you got within about 100 miles of Orlando, you could pick up a low-power station that played park info, park music, promos and other fun stuff that really got you excited. One of the things they played was the "We're Going to Disney World" song. I know it's been played other places, too, but that's where I remember it the most. It went "We're going to Disney World! We're going to Disney Wo-o-orld" Remember it? Does anyone have a copy of that song? I'd love to have it.

TinkiTime1989
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
I live in Atlanta too, when I'm not in school, so we always drive to WDW too. That song is one of the best memories I have from early trips in the 90s. I drove my parents CRAZY singing it. I would love to have too. Hopefully someone will have more info.

brewcrew26
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
It's on one of the older planning VHS tapes that we had. It was in a yellow box and we got it somewhere between '92 and '94. When my Dad sold our house two years ago, I have no idea where that tape went. But, if someone else has it, you probably could use one of those new-fangled VHS to DVD converters to extract the song.

I totally remember that song, tho! I've been singing it to DH for the past month and he thinks I'm nuts!

momof3+twins
03-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Does anyone know if a radio station exists like this anymore. It was so much fun listening to it.
My kids don't understand why we make reservations and my husband and I start singing"Im going to Disney World". And then we get in the are and sing it, sing it on and off during our 18 hour drive, and then sing it as we are driving into Florida, into Orlando, into Disney...you get the idea. We are crazy! But it is so much fun!!!!

magicofdisney
03-18-2008, 05:01 PM
You're in luck. Mouseworld Radio on live365 plays park music. It's my favorite station but there are tons more. I've not heard that song on there, but Mouseworld Radio will definitely get you in the mood for Disney. I'm listening to Splash Mountain right now! :mickey: BTW, live365 is on the internet.

Jenemmy
03-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Too funny -- My hubby and I sing that to the kids every time we decide to book a trip :mickey: I remember it being on a commercial for WDW around that same time.

joeyGibson
03-19-2008, 12:18 AM
Too funny -- My hubby and I sing that to the kids every time we decide to book a trip :mickey: I remember it being on a commercial for WDW around that same time.

I remember it from a commercial, too. I also sing it to my son (who is 9) when I announce an upcoming trip. I started singing it to him a few days ago to let him know about our Apr. 29 trip.

--
Time until WDW: 41.28 days or 990.71 hours or 3566566 seconds

Red Randal
03-19-2008, 01:39 PM
It's on one of the older planning VHS tapes that we had. It was in a yellow box and we got it somewhere between '92 and '94.

I own a copy of that tape (that I had to BUY from the Disney Store in 1994) and I love watching it to this day...it's definiately the best of the planning videos since it actually focuses on every aspect of the park (like promoting EVERY RIDE in a land instead of just the newest thing and pretending everything else doesn't exist.)

I totally remember the song and always loved it.

I'm also really interested in the radio station mentioned in the original post. Does this still exist? I would LOVE to find an aircheck of it if there are any out there.

WDWFREAK101
03-19-2008, 05:24 PM
ARE YOU SERIOUS!??!!?! :mickey::thumbsup: That is SO cool! I wish they STILL did that but about 10 miles from the actual Disney World. That would be so cool! I forgot about that. I don't think i have even listened to it before. That is interesting! :jaw:

sleepingbooty
03-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't think I've heard that one, unless you're talking about the song "I'm going to Disneyland," by Dada. Very cool band and good song. But definitely check out Live365, and search "disney parks." You will find several stations that play great park music. I like Radio Buena Vista and DisRadio.