PDA

View Full Version : Akl

MMouse6937
03-18-2008, 12:15 PM
I would like some information about the animal viewing areas at the AKL. Last year we ate dinner at Boma and I would have liked to have killed some time while we were waiting for our table checking out the animals, but it seemed very confusing to me about where to do that. Should we ask at the front desk? I know in the large lobby there was a staircase, windows, and some doors at the back that seemed like it might be the way to go but we weren't sure. Any info you can provide for this year's trip would be appreciated. Thanks! :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
03-18-2008, 12:55 PM
You have several viewing options for the animals, some indoors and some outdoors. I'm going to assume you are planning to do your viewing during daylight hours:

If you are at Boma, take the exit to the pool. If you go past the pool bar, there is a savannah where you will often see animals - sometimes this is the closest you will get to them. If you are not sure where the animals are, just ask a cast member.

If you are in the main lobby, go out the back exit from the main lobby - that will lead you to the main savannah. The main lobby is on the third floor of the resort, so you'll need to go down steps or an elevator to get out.

Also, an option if you are in the main lobby - head toward the back of the main building, stay indoors, and then head either to the right or left along the room hallways. There are balconies and open windows along those 'trails' where you can look out over the savannahs.

If you are there after dark, you can still go to the main viewing area (straight out the back of the main building). They usually have night-vision goggles available for your use.

If you are still not sure, then you should ask a cast member. It's a great experience and worth the effort! Have a great time. I hope this helps some.

chicklittlemom
03-18-2008, 05:37 PM
Ask a CM or at the Front Desk for a map of AKL. It lists all the Savannas. And there is a "paw print" symbol on the map that shows the various savanna outlooks.

As the PP said, make sure you go to Arusha Rock after dark and look through the night vision goggles. Have fun!