PDA

View Full Version : I need help figuring flights and airlines???

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-18-2008, 09:09 AM
I have booked rooms and reservations for sept 2-12. Now I need to figure out about flying.:thumbsup:

Does anyone know when southwest will post flights for september.

I want to leave from Buffalo early morning to arrive around noon. When coming home i would like to leave after 4pm.

We are travelling with 6 adults and 3 children ages (just turned) 2,3 and 4.

I have found delta going down is good, but coming back is a 3 hour wait over.

Jet blue does not leave very early...wont arrive in mco until 230 and we have 5pm res at chef mickey.

i am so :confused:confused...prices/times/layover....kids!!!

please any suggestions would be great. have never flown with kids before!

scootch713
03-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Found this on southwest

On April 17, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through October 30, 2008. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

I would wait for Southwest as their fares are unbeatable!

Donald's Girl
03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I can definitely help you with this since we fly out of Buffalo too!
Southwest is the only way to go! You take the non-stop that leaves around 7 AM (varies by about 20; sometimes earlier, sometimes later). You are in Orlando before 10! Even when we wait for luggage and rent a car we never get to WDW later than 11:30!
Coming home, there is a non-stop around 7:30 PM (same variance applies as with AM). Usually home about 10:30-11 PM.
This schedule is absolutely amazing and even if it wasn't cheapest I would probably use it since you actually get 2 full days on your trip!
Sign up for their emails too and if a sale comes up you can adjust your reservation and they hold difference on account for one year for you.
Have a wonderful time! We'll be taking these flights in December!

BMan62
03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Ditto on Southwest. AND get Ding! on your computer too! Don't book immediately, but wait for specials through Ding! I've seen some flights as low as $54 each way between BWI (Baltimore) to MCO (Orlando.)

Donald's Girl
03-18-2008, 11:55 AM
I get the Ding! updates too as mentioned but having watched them, probably would never use from Buffalo to Orlando. The only offers I ever see have required flying out of Buffalo in the evening and leaving Orlando in the morning. The non-stops and good times never seem to show up there.
As I mentioned in my other post, if you know you will probably be flying somewhere Southwest goes within a 12 month period, I recommend booking as soon as the calendar permits to make sure you get the flights you want. In the past I have adjusted all fares a couple times and used money held on account for my next trip.
In addition to Ding!, make sure you get signed up for the Rewards and receive emails from them. That's where I usually found out about sales.
(JetBlue message is interesting. If they flew direct from Buffalo I would probably consider but hate having to fly to JFK and transfer.)

aurora, ariel, and bell
03-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the help. I think waiting for southwest is my best bet, but what is ding?:blush:

I'm just worried that if i leave it too long, the prices will go up as gas prices are supposed to be very high this summer.

Also with southwest can we get the credit for another flight as we are from niagara falls canada.

scootch713
03-25-2008, 01:07 PM
DING is a download from southwest. They run sales for say 6-12 hours. You sign up and then put in the airports you want notified about and when a Ding special comes up, then you willl hear a tone, click on it and see the sale. If you already purchase thru southwest and then a ding fare comes up, you can call them, and they will cancel the first fare, you purchase online via ding and the difference is a credit you can use on later flights.