PDA

View Full Version : Slow loading?

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm new to this message board. But it seems like the pages load really slowly. And sometimes they just die on me and I lose the post I typed up. Sometimes I'm lucky and it's still there when I hit the back button. Other times it's gone.

Is this a normal occurance on this website? Or is there some issue lately?

things have been slow and dying on me the last couple days.

John
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
It's an issue lately and I'm working to resolve it. May be like this for a few more days though. It's not a quick fix thing.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
thank goodness I am not the only one! I thought my computer was having issues again...

glad it's been addressed though!

Thanks Intercot IT guys!

Mrs. Bee
03-17-2008, 10:12 PM
okay. Thanks! I'll be happy once it's all worked out.

I wasn't sure if it was normal or not. It's just extra slow for us because our connection kind of stinks too. Bleh.

thanks for the info.

Carol
03-18-2008, 09:04 AM
Hi Mrs. Bee :hi:

I noticed you post a lot of links to photos. That causes the boards to run slower also. Perhaps you can put your photo web site in your profile as your homepage?? That's what most people do and it helps to keep the boards running smoother and looking neat. :)

Mrs. Bee
03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi Mrs. Bee :hi:

I noticed you post a lot of links to photos. That causes the boards to run slower also. Perhaps you can put your photo web site in your profile as your homepage?? That's what most people do and it helps to keep the boards running smoother and looking neat. :)

Well, I don't have a public photos site. And the photos are usually a part of the post I'm writing. I guess I'll just stop posting photos or something. I didn't realize links made the board slower. I thought having actual photos in a thread made the board slower and that's why we can't do that. But I guess I can stop posting links too.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-18-2008, 09:55 PM
Well, I don't have a public photos site. And the photos are usually a part of the post I'm writing. I guess I'll just stop posting photos or something. I didn't realize links made the board slower. I thought having actual photos in a thread made the board slower and that's why we can't do that. But I guess I can stop posting links too.

there are numerous public photo sites that are free and are really great for storage and sharing. flickr and photobucket are 2 of my favorites. they are really easy to use and flickr has a great share feature! that is how we share our trip photos here and photos with our friends and family around the world. :thumbsup: