PDA

View Full Version : Pull out beds?

fanofdisney
03-17-2008, 05:38 PM
How are the pull out beds? We may have another couple with us when we go and I am wondering if it is comfortable enough for adults to sleep on for a week? Are they pretty much the same at all the DVC resorts?

peemagg
03-17-2008, 06:03 PM
I spent a week on one. They weren't horrible, but I would definitely ask housekeeping for a egg crate mattress to use on the bed. Better yet just be sure you get two beds. The pull-outs are kind of short for anyone around 6' tall.

Terk24
03-18-2008, 06:40 AM
I thought they were comfortable. My wife and I slept on one for 9 nights. I have a very bad back and had no problems. We were at BW. We would stay on it again with no problem.

sillyolbear
03-18-2008, 08:13 AM
I've found them to be pretty good. Much better than traditional pull outs which I can't stand.

AHOTE
03-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Better yet just be sure you get two beds. The pull-outs are kind of short for anyone around 6' tall.

We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom at SSR in November. It has a king bed and a queen pullout. Do I understant that we can request a bed rather than the pullout? Let me know please.

jakeybake
03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
I think I would like a pull-out bed. They look so comfortable. :sheep:

Maleficent's Dad
03-19-2008, 07:57 AM
We'll be staying in a 1 bedroom at SSR in November. It has a king bed and a queen pullout. Do I understant that we can request a bed rather than the pullout? Let me know please.
No, there are no second beds in 1BR's. It's a pullout for the second bed.

doodleboy
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I have slept on a pullout for many a ten day trip. If you are as exhausted as I was after 14 hour days at the parks, pools, and whatever else, you will not care what you sleep on. It was not the most comfortable experience, but I did not experience a back ache or anything like that.

AHOTE
03-19-2008, 11:09 AM
No, there are no second beds in 1BR's. It's a pullout for the second bed.

Thanks Frank. I thought that was the case, just wanted confirmation.

Goofy Dad 13
03-19-2008, 03:49 PM
I would definitely ask housekeeping for a egg crate mattress to use on the bed.

Is this available at all DVC locations? Is it a standard thing to request? Did not know this was available, and would probably help if the 2 DDs are sleeping on it. (oh, and can it stay on the pull out when you close it up each day?)

Thanks!

peemagg
03-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I believe they are available at all resorts. As far as folding it up in it I am not sure for we never tried. Maybe someone else will come by and know more about this.

Maleficent's Dad
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
For what it's worth...

Last August, in a 1BR at VWL, we had the "pull-down" type of bed with the couch - a much better mattress.

I just got back yesterday from VWL, and we stayed in a studio. This had the "old-fashion" type where you remove the cushions and pull the bed "up." In other words, the paper-thin mattress. I was told by housekeeping that no egg crates were available - not sure if this means that they don't have them or not, but they didn't have one when I asked.