PDA

View Full Version : Best Kept Secret???

georger
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
What table service is the "best kept secret" at WDW? We have decided to add on one more day to our stay...that means I get to make one more ADR for a table service. I thought about trying The Wave- it should be open by our trip in September but I could easily be swayed...anyone have a suggestion:secret:

wendy*darling
03-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I think The Wave is a great choice- no one knows what to expect yet.

If you will be in the parks- I would say Marrakesh in Morocco. It's tucked in the back of the pavilion and you can often get a table as a walk-in. Great atmosphere- great food- and a belly dancer!

If you need a resort- besides The Wave- I would say Boma or Jiko at the AKL.

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
The Grand Floridian Cafe is our favorite that's not among the first-mentioned WDW restaurants.

MMouse6937
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
I second Boma, it's wonderful and not your usual restaurant fare.

goofyfan4466
03-17-2008, 06:12 PM
What And Where Is The Wave ? What Kind Of Food Do They Serve ? Thanks !!!

wendy*darling
03-17-2008, 06:57 PM
The Wave will be the new restaurant at the Contemporary. Concourse Steakhouse will close this spring, and sometime soon after (no date yet), The Wave will open on the lower level of the Contemporary - where the arcade and quick food place used to be.

I have heard that some of the Concourse Steakhouse selections will be available at the new restaurant, but other than that I am not sure what they will serve.

Duchess99
03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I would say Jiko...it's a great restaurant and the AKL is great to visit.

wilshade
03-17-2008, 07:51 PM
I would say Citricos is a "secret" as it seems it is somewhat overshadowed by Vistoria & Albert's (with which it shares a lobby) and Narcoosee's, which has a great view of the MK and fireworks.

I went there last November and loved it.

PixieMagic
03-17-2008, 09:49 PM
I second Morocco!!! Food is great, atmosphere is awesome, and the entertainment makes the night! If you aren't as adventurous, I'd go for Ohana @ the Poly

joanna71985
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I love the GF Cafe, that has the tea. It is really good, and really filling.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I would say Citricos is a "secret" as it seems it is somewhat overshadowed by Vistoria & Albert's (with which it shares a lobby) and Narcoosee's, which has a great view of the MK and fireworks.

I went there last November and loved it.

Both of those are ones I never really hear anyone talking about. I want to try both of them on our next trip.

I can't think of one for a table service. However for CS I'd say the Pepper Market. I love the PM. They have so many choices and everything is good.

Natazu
03-18-2008, 01:00 AM
I think Flying Fish is the best kept signature dining secret.
For sure, Olivia's is the best kept secret for regular restaurants.

playdead88
03-18-2008, 05:59 AM
we vote mama melroses at DHS and the plaza at MK :mickey:

Bri
03-18-2008, 12:31 PM
i would have to say teppen edo. i haven't been there since it changed from teppanyaki but i haven't heard anything bad about it. when it was teppanyaki it was very good and the hibachi atmosphere is always fun.

mac badger
03-18-2008, 03:42 PM
while i love boma, i would not call it a secret. it is consistently packed and even with reservations i always have to wait at least 30 minutes. i get the feeling you are looking for something not everyone goes to.
i would also say morocco, as you can get walk up seating, and it seems out of the way. i havent been to the plaza yet, but i plan to as it seems no one ever talks about it. that makes it appealing to me- i like secrets too

cgriff
03-18-2008, 04:08 PM
I totally agree with Natazu about Flying Fish at the Boardwalk. Fabulous food!

cgriff

moe513
03-18-2008, 04:18 PM
We like Ohanas and Mexico