PDA

View Full Version : Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach

caubert
03-17-2008, 04:35 PM
Just looking for opinions for which water park to choose in May. We have three daughters 7, 8, and 10. They do like the slides but not extremely fast or scary ones. Thanks for any help.
caubert

IDreamofEeyore
03-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Good question! We took our son (7) last year. He is the same way...likes slides but nothing real fast. We only did one water park and he chose BB. There was plenty for him to enjoy there.

We got there at park opening so were able to do quite a bit before the lines started getting long. When it started to get crowded, we left and played mini-golf right next door at Winter Summerland!

bruin1344
03-21-2008, 01:12 PM
Typhoon Lagoon, nice mix of slides, wave pool, and lazy river

JMTStone
03-21-2008, 02:29 PM
I love BB. The kids play area there is really nice! There are all kinds of different slides, not just fast.

"Swim away" - Bruce from Nemo

WDWgoofy
03-22-2008, 09:14 AM
TL is the water park we prefer. The big waves are amazing!

BB is fun, but it is too white and seems to not offer sufficient shade. The kid area is really nice though.

lockedoutlogic
03-22-2008, 09:43 AM
They're both great....Blizzard is better....more things to do overall

KAT1811
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
We prefer BB. They have a great area for big kids with activities designed just for those inbetween kids. For instance they have floating "ice flats" that are anchored to the bottom of the pool but still move around quite a bit and the kids have to "walk" accross them while holding onto the net above. Fun things like that which are not too intense yet very entertaining. They also have a great lazy river and some tame slides the kids are sure to enjoy.

We are not too crazy about TL. We had a bad experience on Crushin' Gusher and DD#1 has been all set with TL ever since.

Meteora
03-26-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey,

So, I am a big scaredy-cat. I won't go down "speed slides," and I won't go down slides head-first. I like nice, feet first, twisty-bendy slides. When I went to BB, I found very little that I wanted to do. A couple of tube slides, the lazy river, and meltaway bay, and that was about it. Now, I obviously am too old for the kids' area, so maybe that makes a big difference. But as someone who isn't very into adventurous slides, TL is the place for me. I feel comfortable on both tube slides, the three storm slides, and crush and gusher as well as the lazy river and the lagoon. There's really only one slide I won't do. So for me, it's not even a comparison.