PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the Hilton at DTD?

aurorafan
03-17-2008, 01:12 PM
We've pretty much decided (haven't booked the flight yet so it's not 100%) that we're going to piggyback on DH's Microsoft conference and take the kids for a quick "bonus" trip in June :woohoo:. One of the choices he has for where to stay for the conference is the Hilton at DTD which would be perfect :). I'm just wondering if anyone has stayed there, did you like it, how were the buses etc.?

On a side note, I can't believe that my previous trip to the world was in '89, and by the time we go back in Dec. I will have been 4 times in 13 months! :cloud9:
TIA!

Marilyn Michetti
03-17-2008, 01:54 PM
We stayed there years ago - I think in '89, and it's a NICE hotel. The bus trip was dreary because we were the last picked up, and the last dropped off. Now, that was 19 years ago, but the hotel is still beautiful.:thumbsup:

baby minnie's mommy
03-17-2008, 03:48 PM
We've stayed a couple times recently. Some nice things are:
-Clean rooms
-It sells Starbucks coffee in the counter service store
-Character Breakfast Sun. mornings (get there early, no reservations!)
-Walk to DTD
-Toddler pool has fountains
-It gives you the Extra Magic Hours at Disney parks (only DTD hotel that does, I think)
-The food at Hilton was good, but if you need cheaper you'll be close to Dennys, Shoneys, and a bunch of other places.

It has more of a business feel to it, though.

Didn't use the bus service.

When we had them carry our luggage for us, it took too long for them to get it to our room. And then they took too long to get to the room on departure day, too. It was a busy time of year, though. Still, you may want to lug your own luggage if you want to go to a park right away.

Just to warn you - the timeshare sales people are aggressive sellers there. If you make eye contact and smile, they'll start their sales pitch. :secret:

Nothing that would keep me from staying there again. :) We've enjoyed our stays there. It should be fun for you! :thumbsup:

gnomelady
03-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I have stayed at this hotel twice. The room are nicely decorated about average size. We enjoyed being able to walk to Downtown Disney in the evening. The biggest complaint we had was the bus service to the parks. The bus makes several stops in this area and didn't comeby very often maybe every 30 minutes. It may of been the time of year we were there September.
It isn't a Disney resort so you don't get that Disney feeling. It's a nice Hilton and I would stay there again.

auntfrannie
03-22-2008, 09:26 AM
It's your typical nicer business/conference hotel. Nice amenities, nice rooms. The only downside is that since so many business conferences are going it's not as laid back and casual as a vacation hotel is. For example, during the breaks at our conference, we would roam around the hotel so people at the pool would see a lot of business suits looking out at them.