PDA

View Full Version : Disney's Magical Express Concern

poeticeclipse
03-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I've used DME twice now but in a different way. The first time I used it I didn't fly with a participating airline so I needed to haul my luggage back with me on the DME bus to the airpot. The second time, I flew with Air Tran (a participating airline) but they were having problems with the Air Tran check in the morning of our departing flight so we didn't get to use it like we had planned.

This time, we'll be flying with Air Tran again and will most likely get to use the early check-in at the resort. I'm actually not sure if I should even participate in the early check-in or not. I'm kind of confused about it actually. I'm not sure when we need to bring our bags to the check in station to check them in. I'm curious as to what the difference will be for us. Will it require us to report to the lobby earlier?

Has anyone used the resort check in and not been satisfied with the service?

Any help will be much appreciated!

faline
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
This information might help:

How does return transportation to the airport work?
Complimentary transportation from the Disney Resort to the Orlando International Airport is available to all Disney Resort Guests.

A secondary benefit of the return trip to the Orlando International Airport – Resort Airline Check-In – offers remote check-in for select Guests, allowing them to check their luggage and receive their airline boarding passes at their Disney Resort. At this time, this remote check-in service is only available for Guests flying domestically on the following airlines: American, Continental, JetBlue, Alaska Air, Delta, Northwest and United/Ted..

With this service, Guests with late flight departures no longer have to worry about their luggage after they check-out of their Resort; they can simply check their luggage at the Resort Airline Check-in Desk and then enjoy their last day of their stay.

How will Guests know what time the motor coach leaves from their Resort to the airport?
The Guest will receive a departure notice the day prior to check-out advising of the motor coach pick-up time based on the provided flight information. The general rule of thumb is 3 hours prior to the flight departure.

Where are the Resort Airline Check-in Desks located?
Each Resort will have a dedicated check-in Desk located in or near the lobby or outside at the entrance to the Resort. The Desks will be located in prominent locations with easy access.

Are gratuities included for the luggage delivery to the Resort room by Bell Services?
Yes, but for the inbound service only. Gratuities are not included if the Guest elects to utilize Bell Services for assistance with their luggage from their room to the motor coach pick-up area upon departure.

Is the Resort Airline Check-in service operated by Walt Disney World?
No. It is operated by a Transportation Safety Administration -approved third party company on behalf of the participating airlines.

When is the earliest a Guest using the remote check-in can check-in for their airline?
12 hours prior to their flight departure time.

When is the latest a Guest using the remote check-in can check-in for their airline?
2¾ hours prior to their flight departure time.

What does the Guest need to provide at the time of the airline check-in?
Government issued ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport) and their Key to the World card to verify that they are a Walt Disney World Resort Guest.

yjgirl715
03-17-2008, 11:07 AM
We used the express check-in at our hotel (which happened to be CBR) and we liked it because we didn't have to worry about our bags and less hassle at the airport. It did take a long time at the check-in, but we hadn't planned on doing anything except swimming at the resort and getting lunch. Hope this helps! Hope you have a great trip!

disneylovinmom
03-17-2008, 12:40 PM
We used airline check-in at OKW on 12/22 for Air Tran and didn't have one problem. It only took a minute to do it and we didn't have to worry about our bags until we got back to Indianapolis. We took our bags down earlier in the morning and then went back to our room to wait the rest of the time before DME picked us up. Of course, we were being picked up at 11:00 a.m. so we could do that. If you have a later pick up time, that probably wouldn't work. It was great for us!!:thumbsup:

MOJoe
03-17-2008, 01:03 PM
The last time we used the "Reverse Magical
Express" service, it was great. We packed our bags first thing in the morning, and took them to the service desk. There we got our luggage checked and received our boarding passes. We checked out of our room and spent the rest of the day at MK. We got back to the resort just before the Magical Express bus arrived to take us to the airport. No worries! It really helps make the most out of your last few hours at WDW! :mickey: