Experiment626
03-16-2008, 07:10 PM
Hi Everyone

Heres my LONG TR from my 3 night Wonder cruise 3/6-3/9

Cruisers:
Me-Michael-8th Disney Cruise-4th on the Wonder
Partner-Josh-8th Disney Cruise-4th on the Wonder
Friend-Mary-1st Disney Cruise, 1st cruise on any cruise line

We were also joined by our friends Paul and Lisa who were on their 7th Disney Cruise and had done the 4 nighter prior to our 3 nighter for a nice back to back 7 nighter. They had sailed us on a 7 nighter last March.

This is going to be a long report....go grab some coffee and a doughnut and sit back and Ill try to make this as exciting as possible.

Day 1
The day had finally arrived, 3 months to the day of our last cruise Josh and I packed up the car and headed for the coast. First we picked up our friend Mary who was overjoyed as this was her first cruise. We headed to Port Canaveral and crested the bridge and their in the distance was the Wonder. Even though this was my 8th DCL voyage I never stop getting goosebumps at the first sight of that beautiful ship.

Dropped off the luggage and headed right up to check in and was greeted by emptiness. It was about 10:45am and the terminal was deserted. Fastest check in yet for us. Hung out for awhile, and heard Mickey was coming out so we went to get in line and the 3 of us got our picture with Captain Mickey. First time in all my voyages I managed to get a pic of Mickey in his Red Captain jacket and DCL hat. They started calling numbers and we had number 3 so we got right on the ship and were greeted by our friends Paul and Lisa who were doing a back to back cruise.

Ate at Parrot Cay and took Mary on a tour of the ship. Always makes me feel so wonderful seeing the look on someones face as they tour one of the DCL ships for the first time. Mary was like a wide eyed child. Went to our room when it was ready, Stateroom 6072 and Mary had 6074 so we had a connecting door which was great. This was also the first time we had splurged on a Verandah. I should add when I say splurged that all of us are Disney Cast Members so I honestly feel guilty sometimes thinking how much I'm paying compared to everyone else....but I digress
After the sailaway we headed to the show....Disneys Art of the show. Enjoyed it, miss Hercules BIG time, but also look forward to Toy Story.

Headed to dinner....we had PTA for our rotation, second seating 8:30pm. Met up with everyone and in we went and were greeted by our server Levi from Romania and Asst Server Pandy from India. Little did I know then but by the end of the 3 nights Levi would become the best server I have ever had onboard DCL.

Enjoyed a great dinner, went swimming in the pool and called it a night. Great to be back onboard such a magnificent ship.

Day 2-Nassau
Woke up about 630, which is late for someone who normally works at 530 in the morning. Ran up and got some hot tea from the drink station and back to the room and my verandah. Got some awesome shots of the sunrise as we headed into Nassau. Docked smoothly and time to get off. Josh stayed onboard with Lisa and Paul. Mary never having been wanted to explore Nassau a bit. We went for about an hour after whic Mary explained..she was done. So we went back to the ship and enjoyed a nice lunch at Beach Blanket. Castaway Clubhouse time rolled around. First time Josh and I had ever done it. Our friends Lisa and Paul went with us as well. Lisa had won one of the clocks on the 4 nighter they had just sailed on. Lo and behold as Rachel started calling names she called out my name for the second clock. I won a castaway club clock which is sitting on my desk next to my propellor clock.

Had a great time the Capt came down and told us some info on the new ships.....2 decks taller, 40 feet wider and 150 feet longer. And he said that both new ships would be in Port Canaveral and that the 2 older ships would then be sent elsewhere.
He also told us due to an approaching cold front we might not be able to dock at Castaway Cay the next day
Spent the rest of the day in the sun and the pool.
Went to see the Golden Mickeys and on to dinner at Tritons, Joshs favorite restaurant on either ship. Lisa and Paul had PALO for the night since it was Lisas birthday so it was just Josh, Mary and myself. Our server Levi after hearing Mary loved the shrimp appetizer produced 2 more for her, to her delight. He then took a plate and made a Mickey and Minnie with the Cocktail sauce, what a great server. Enjoyed Pirate night and we did our tradition which is to watch the fireworks from the Pool or Hot Tub in the Quiet Cove. Off to bed keeping our fingers crossed we will get to dock at CC tomorrow.

Day 3-Castaway Cay...hopefully

Woke up to windy windy windy outside. We had arrived at CC but were not docked, it looked like they Capt was waiting for the right moment that the wind would die down just enough and sure enough he seized the moment and we were able to dock. But due to the approaching front and the winds we were told that we were going to have our visit cut short. We would be leaving at 3:30 instead of 5. Which was OK since I heard from a CM that the previous day the Magic was never able to dock at CC and had to skip the island.
Due to the heavy winds almost every shore excursion was cancelled and with the waves the snorkel lagoon looked a bit much for me so we headed down to the family beach and soaked up sun all day, even though the water was 76 degrees it felt too cold for me so I just layed on a chaise all day....tough life hehe.

After lunch at Cookies the sky started getting dark so Josh and Mary and I headed back to the ship. Went to the pool for awhile when suddenly it downpoured. Only lasted maybe 15 minutes but it was funny to look down and see this huge amount of people running down the pier at CC trying to get back on the ship. Since it had passed the Capt informed us we would stay until 4pm. So in the end we only lost 1 hour at Castaway.

Sailed away and back to Florida all too soon. Enjoyed a nice dinner at Animators and a birthday cake we all got to share for Lisa. Had drinks at the Cadillac Lounge like we did everynight after dinner. Tanya a drink server from Canada was superb as was the entertainment on piano.

After packing and filling things out we went to the till we meet again show and just caught the end of it as Mickey was going up the stairs. After walking around a bit it was off to bed and back to reality.

Day 4-Port Canaveral

Woke up and looked out the verandah door, and what did I see...Florida....
Opened the door and felt the effects of the cold front that had interupted our CC day. It was cold outside. Shut the door real fast. Said goodbye to our room steward Ana and headed up to take some last minute pictures and then down to Animators for Breakfast. Ate slowly trying to drain every last minute we could out of out trip. But finally it was time to say goodbye and we walked through the lobby for the last time and out to our luggage, out to the car and back home to Kissimmee Florida.

Wrap-Up
Was a fantastic trip, as usual. The ship looked great as always. Service this time seemed even a step above the usual fantastic service we have always received. Don't think I can remember any CM who didn't say Hi to us or wish us a good day as we walked by. Wish our service in the parks could match or even come close to the level of service that DCL provides. Levi was fantastic, the best Dining room server we have ever had. He was funny, always there to provide choices and always bringing out more food. One night he heard we all love Creme Brulee and instead of 1 for each of us we had 2 for each of us. Following the night Mary had 3 plates of shrimp. In Animators the next night we show up and he greets her with 2 plates of shrimp he had gotten for her from Tritons...thats Disney Magic for you.
I think the trip can be best summed up by Marys reaction on the way home....when I asked her if she had a good time she said..." I want to go again, and next time an even longer cruise.":mickey:

December will be our 9th DCL cruise...can't wait

SgtTigger
03-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the report......... We will be going June 1 on Wonder and I cant wait........

I am so glad you had a great time and it makes me want to go NOW........

75 days to go..............

:cop: :tigger:

ElenitaB
03-16-2008, 09:34 PM
This is going to be a long report....go grab some coffee and a doughnut and sit back and Ill try to make this as exciting as possible.
Michael, a report about DCL too long? Never!

I don't have any donuts around here... any chance we can call Room Service instead??

Thanks for sharing!

sorarail
03-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the report Michael!
DH and I are booked on Wonder for the 11/9/09 cruise - maybe you'll be onboard? If so, we would love to meet you, and any other IC's on board.
Are there any pictures forthcoming?

JerseyDad
03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
....great trip report! It got me anxious to see if my wife books us for a cruise this coming November. We did the 4-Day on the Wonder last Nov., and I just fell in love with the whole cruise experience. Now I need to "work" on my mom & dad, and see if they'll be interested in coming with us.....I sure hope so!