PDA

View Full Version : pop warner week

nursetinkerbell04
03-16-2008, 03:05 PM
My family and I are planning a trip for December 6-13th, well I just looked and it is the week that pop warner will be there. How does this generally effect crowds at the parks and value resorts?

Johnno52
03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
In the parks not very much as many kids separate, however I was told by a cast member that they try and keep them contained in AS Sports and Music. They try and keep Movies for families although they do let them in there if there is an overflow.

I had noticed that when the Dancing teams came in Feb. they were well behaved and chaperoned very well. Maybe with the last incident with a Borg Warner team they have been warned. Still when going to the parks it could still be a bit noisy and crowded at times.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-16-2008, 07:26 PM
The times we were there at the same time as the Pop Warner groups it was a nightmare at ASMu.
Adult supervision was pretty much non-existent. Most of the groups we encountered seemed to be trying to impress each other with their foul mouths, trying to see how many 4 letter words (or combinations thereof) they could squeeze into a sentence.

This question comes up from time to time and I know there will be others that will say they have never had an issue with the Pop Warner groups. But, all I can say is we ran into this several years in a row. The lifeguards and other resort CMs just didn't seem to know how to cope with the situation.
Maybe they have gotten a better handle on things in the few years since we gave up on going at that time.

Bringonthemouse!
03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
We arrived on Thurs. of Pop Warner week last year. We stayed at Pop Century, back of 50's, 4th floor (extremely quiet rooms). I didn't hear/notice any teenage comotion at our resort, but I also think they stay mainly at the AllStars with overflow to POR (?) The only time I had issues with the group was when we went to DTD on Fri & Sat. evenings to do some holiday shopping. They were everywhere and very noticeable in their volume levels, language and behaviour.
The crowd levels in the Parks seemed unchanged during our stay (very enjoyable), I don't think the Pop groups had much impact.