PDA

View Full Version : Bounceback Offer Questions

jbrentf
03-16-2008, 02:18 PM
We are there March 30-April 3. Is this offer always available if you book before you leave?
What booking dates is it available for?
Are there penalties for changing/cancel?
Can you still retain the discount if you change your dates later?
I have heard 20-30% discounts on values/mods. Any deluxe discounts?
any help would be greatly appreciated!
thanks so much

BMan62
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
The bounceback offer is not always available. We were there at the end of November and it was not being offered at that time. I believe it was just during the August/September "Free Dining" period last summer.

aurorafan
03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
At POR both last Oct. and this Feb. it was offered. It may depend on the hotel and time of year, but Sept. is not the only time it's offered ;). On the offer in our rooms it was 20% for values, 30% for mods and 40% for deluxe. They do have time limits--I don't remember the limit in Oct., but in Feb. my friend called and it was only good through the end of Sept. (with certain dates blocked out).

I can't answer about penalties for canceling or changing dates, but you could call them when you're there if you get an offer and ask :).

TheRustyScupper
03-17-2008, 12:09 PM
1) The "Bounceback Offer" has no bounce left.
2) You could only bounce for Aug-Sep dates.
3) These are traditionally low room-booking months.
. . . back to school
. . . vacation season has ended
. . . Florida heat and humidity
. . . Florida hurricane season
4) However, they might offer a Free-DDP for those months.
5) If so, you pay rack rate, but get Free-DDP. *
6) This offer seems to come out in April, after bookings are known.

* For Value resorts, Free-DDP is a no-brainer. For Moderate and Deluxe resorts, you have to do the math, as the Free-DDP could cost more than taking a room discount and paying for DP.

disneyjo-91
03-18-2008, 08:50 AM
I called disney about this program because I will be there April 13-19. I was told that the bouncback program is being offered until 4/21 but there are certain dates of return. (Aug was included in that date) I spoke with a manager who confirmed it for me. She also gave me her name and number if I have problems booking it when I get down there! She told me the offer was free dining.

Lets hope she is right!

Crow
03-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I have the paper that was in my room on this last trip at POP. I stayed there a few wks ago. its for 20% off value, 30% off Mods & Wilderness cabins. diff dates
3/30-4/12 & 8/10-9/27 are the ones still available. i booked a wk in Sept (giving Magical Journeys the credit of course since i booked this recent trip w them) I booked Pop again but i almost went w a mod. If a better AP rate comes along I might change. & its a 100% certainty that I will go. but I have time to cancel if I have to

onjbj
03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but people keep talking about rack rate vs free dining- last year when I booked, free dining hadn't been offered yet. When the offer came out and we rebooked, the price went down by the exact price of the DDP per day. (37.99 per pp x # of nights). So were the room prices already jacked up to rack rate when I booked initially? I don't get it.

gardenia
03-19-2008, 09:40 AM
There's so much confusion because there are two types of bounceback this year. The current bounceback offer is NOT the same as the Free Dining Bounceback that was offered last year. It has nothing to do with free dining - it's just discounted room rates for a very specific set of dates. Yes, it was offered in November, because during our November trip I booked two bounceback trips. I got the Poly first week of April for $279/night and the Beach Club in August for $227/night. The dates run through December 2008 and pretty much correspond to the "Value weeks" that are Disney's website at http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/wonderful/index?id=ValueWeeksLandingPage. You can't change the dates outside of the limited dates mentioned in the promotion. You can cancel if you call earlier than 6 days prior. There's no penalty. If the flyer for this bounceback promotion is not in your room when you arrive, ask about it at the front desk.

disneyjo-91
03-20-2008, 10:13 AM
OK.. So I am confused as to why I spoke to a Manager.. she gave me her name/number and extension .. and told me the bounceback offer is free dining?
I always get a different answer when I call there.. it is so frustrating!:confused:

i guess I will find out for sure in a few weeks when I am there! I will take a discount too.. better than nothing right?

gardenia
03-20-2008, 07:45 PM
Okay, who KNOWS how many bounceback offers they currently have going on...! But I can show you the flyer we had for bounceback in our room at Caribbean Beach in November:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/gardenia_dew/disney001.jpg

disneyjo-91
03-20-2008, 09:01 PM
Okay, who KNOWS how many bounceback offers they currently have going on...! But I can show you the flyer we had for bounceback in our room at Caribbean Beach in November:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x274/gardenia_dew/disney001.jpg

Wow! Thanks so much for posting that! I hope I can get some kind of discount when I get there.. If not.. I will be calling that supervisor!! LOL!

Squeaky Mouse
03-22-2008, 09:42 AM
We were offered a Bounceback Discount during our December stay. I just pulled the sheet out to doublecheck that there was no "book by" deadline other than "in 2008" on ours. However, the discounts offered were only 20% (Value) and 30% (Moderate & Deluxe). Since we almost always get a better AP rate, we didn't take advantage of this. Wish I had, since AP rates aren't available for the first couple of days of our Spring Break Stay. Still, this wouldn't have been much different from the good AAA rate we found for those dates.

offwego
03-22-2008, 09:48 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but people keep talking about rack rate vs free dining- last year when I booked, free dining hadn't been offered yet. When the offer came out and we rebooked, the price went down by the exact price of the DDP per day. (37.99 per pp x # of nights). So were the room prices already jacked up to rack rate when I booked initially? I don't get it.

When you booked you were paying "rack rate" (which unlike the posted max. often seen in a hotel is what Disney normally has it's rooms at per season). Then when free dining was announced you applied that discount to your package and thus saved the amounts equal to the dining plan.

Free dining is always equal to the amount of the dining plan..other discounts are offered at other times of the year (such as a promotion for waterparks and more or a straight room discount).