PDA

View Full Version : Our First WDW Trip!! Day 6 - (Pool, DTD, & PPP)

ljv1975
03-15-2008, 11:57 PM
We have just returned from our first trip to WDW! This is my attempt at a trip report. I hope everyone enjoys it! Our party consisted of:
Me - Amber (7 months pregnant)
DH - Levi
DD2 - Sophie

Day 6 - Thursday, March 6th

Today we had a more relaxed day planned. We slept in as much as you can with a 2 year old, but even after Sophie woke up I let her watch her favorite Disney channel shows for a bit. We had late breakfast reservations at Chef Mickey’s. The food selection was very good. I enjoyed the three cheese omelet and of course the Mickey waffles! Sophie ate a really good meal and we met with all of the characters.

After breakfast we headed back to CSR and decided to go to the pool as it had really warmed up. I was surprised at how busy the main pool area was. There were a lot of kids on spring break there. We all went in the pool and Levi even went down the water slide twice. Of course, Sophie ended up in the sand box again!! We let her play for awhile and then we went back to the room so that she could take a proper nap.

Just as we returned to the room, our mousekeeper knocked on the door. She had come by earlier that morning, before we went to breakfast, and she had come back to clean the room. Since Sophie was about to fall asleep, we told her we really only needed some towels. She gave us a stack of towels and she gave Sophie a whole bag full of the little soaps, shampoo and lotion that they leave in the room. I thought that was very nice of her.

I stayed in the room with Sophie while she napped and Levi went down to the quiet pool in the Cabanas for a little while. That night we were going to the Pirate and Princess Party at MK and I was pretty excited. The day before after riding PoTC, Sophie started saying that she liked Jack Sparrow and that he was cute. She said that she was going to marry him and when I asked why she said, “He has lots of treasure and lots of candy.” I don’t know where she gets this stuff!

Anyway, we went to Downtown Disney, and the skies were looking really dark and cloudy. We did some souvenir shopping, and it started to sprinkle. We bought the Cinderella castle play set for Sophie and had them ship it to us. We’re going to give it to her for her birthday. When we finished shopping, we went straight to MK for the Pirate and Princess Party.

Sophie dressed as a princess for the party, and Levi had bought a pirate bandana and planned to get his face painted like Captain Jack. I was just plain and boring. As we were getting ready to lock up the car, Sophie pointed to the umbrella and said, “We better bring this.” She must be psychic or something! Sophie and I went to ride the teacups and Pooh while Levi went to Toontown to get his face painted. When Sophie saw him, she couldn’t stop smiling! She must really like Captain Jack.

We got a quick dinner at the Terrace Noodle Station, and then we went to find treasure. We collected some jewels and necklaces and then we decided to watch the Dream Along with Mickey show in front of the castle. It was a cute show, but if I would have know that it would soon be pouring rain, I probably would have taken Sophie on Dumbo or some other rides instead.

After the show, it started to sprinkle. We headed into Frontierland, and we stopped to watch the parade. Immediately after the parade, we backtracked and Sophie met Abu and the Genie, Meeko and CAPTAIN JACK!! She was so excited to meet Captain Jack. She even told him that she thought he was cute! He was such a great sport and he gave her a gold coin from his own personal treasure. I don’t know if he does that with everyone, but she sure felt special!! She put it in her little bag with the rest of her treasures. When we left the Captain Jack meet and greet, it was POURING rain. I was very glad that Sophie had reminded us about the umbrella!

Sophie and I waited under cover while Levi went to the nearest shop and bought us all ponchos. We trudged through the rain and collected some more treasure, but at this point it was getting pretty miserable. The rain was coming down in buckets and there were huge pools of water just collecting everywhere. I didn’t think that they would show the fireworks, but they did and we managed to see most of them from under a little pavilion, even though we were behind a tree. We asked Sophie what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to collect more treasure, so being the loving parents we are, we trudged on. Five minutes later I looked down and she was asleep!! At this point, I decided we should just take our losses and go. I was disappointed that the night ended this way, especially because the morning and afternoon were so beautiful, but I guess that’s the Florida weather!

We got back to the resort and my fingers were still prunes, but after a hot shower I felt better and pretty much fell asleep right away! This was our last night at CSR. We had reservations at Pop Century for the next day because we decided to add on an extra night at the last minute.

pdrlkr
03-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

MauiMouse
03-16-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry that it rained during your party. What a bummer. We are going for the first time next month, I'm excited to see the fireworks. :mickey:

kaerbear178
03-17-2008, 01:10 PM
That's too bad about the rain but it sounds like you had a fun time anyway. Thanks again for the reports!

BluewaterBrad
03-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Despite the rain it still was a good day! I love having relaxing pool days!:mickey:

wilshade
03-18-2008, 03:08 PM
Loved the bit about your daughter and Captain Jack! I hope that stays with her a long time.

tinkerbell04
03-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Sounds like another great day. Thanks for sharing.

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Sorry about the rain. Sophie cracks me up:mickey: Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

January-2007
03-20-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for reporting.

ChipnDaleGal
03-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I am sorry that the rain cut your fun party short, but it still sounds like you had a great time. So cute that Sophie wants Captain Jack for his treasure and his candy!! It sounds like she is really embracing the whole WDW experience. Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

Young@Heart
03-20-2008, 10:55 AM
Sorry you got rained out at the P&PP, but it sounds like you still had a pretty wonderful day! :mickey: I'm looking forward to reading more.

faline
03-20-2008, 06:08 PM
The Pirate and Princess party is so much fun! It's such a disappointment that your party was rained on! The rest of your day sounded wonderful!

RedheadWriter
03-26-2008, 10:25 PM
:thumbsup:Thanks for writing about your trip! :cloud9: