PDA

View Full Version : Our First WDW Trip!! Day 2 - (DHS)

ljv1975
03-15-2008, 11:46 PM
We have just returned from our first trip to WDW! This is my attempt at a trip report. I hope everyone enjoys it! Our party consisted of:
Me - Amber (7 months pregnant)
DH - Levi
DD2 - Sophie

Day 2 - Sunday, March 2nd

We arrived at Coronado Springs at around 11:00 am. There was no line to check in and we had all of our information within minutes. Our room wasn’t ready yet, so we walked around the resort for a few minutes before getting ready to head to Hollywood Studios. (Our room ended up being in the Cabanas 9A. It was on the second floor and overlooked the quiet pool.)

We arrived at Hollywood Studios and got a quick lunch at the Backlot Express. The food here was nothing special. Next time we’ll try somewhere else. There were no lines for any of the rides or attractions. Everything was a 5 minute stand-by wait. I think it was because ESPN was still there and a lot of people were at the stage and not riding anything. (We did meet the Harlem Globetrotters!)

Levi rode Star Tours and after that the three of us headed over to the Playhouse Disney area. Sophie met all of the Little Einsteins and Handy Manny. Then we went to watch the Playhouse Disney show. Sophie absolutely loved it. She danced and clapped and had the biggest smile on her face the whole time!! After the show we went to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Sophie did not like Ursula at all!

Levi rode Tower of Terror (5 minute wait) and he would have done RnRc, but unlike everything else, it had about a 30 minute wait and fast passes were gone for the day. It was almost time for our ADR’s at Hollywood and Vine. Before we went for dinner, we went to Al’s Toy Barn and Sophie met Woody and Buzz Lightyear. Levi also got pictures with them.

Dinner at Hollywood and Vine was pretty good. They had a nice selection of food on the buffet. We were doing the Fantasmic package, so after we ate we walked around for a little while and looked in some of the shops. We decided that Sophie could pick out a stuffed animal or “friend” as she likes to call them. Today she chose the Minnie Mouse in the blue dress for The Year of a Million Dreams.

Fantasmic was such a great show! I was a little worried about how Sophie would react, but she did really well through the whole thing. I think the hardest part for her was the waiting before the show started! I think that the show was one of Levi’s favorite parts of our whole trip. When it was over, the park was closed so we headed for the exit and back to our car.

We got back to CSR and checked out our room. Then we took a walk around the lake and checked out the main pool area and the Dig Site. Sophie was thrilled about the sandbox, so we spent a little time playing in the sand and on the playground before heading back to the room and getting ready for the next day!

pdrlkr
03-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Jeff
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM
sounds like a good day.
Thanks for the report.:thumbsup:

MauiMouse
03-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Sounds like a good start to your Disney vacation. I'd like to stay at Coronado Springs at some point. :mickey:

castlelady36
03-17-2008, 10:25 AM
Sounds like a great start!! :mickey:

bleukarma
03-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Sounds like a good start to the trip!!!!

BluewaterBrad
03-17-2008, 04:07 PM
Sounds Great!!:mickey:

wilshade
03-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Nice start for your trip! I found that Backlot Express is, as you said, nothing real special for the food. But, if you time it right, you can get a table with a view of the stage for the Jedi Training Academy.

tinkerbell04
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
Thanks for sharing, sounds like a great day.

gauvin4
03-18-2008, 03:49 PM
Fantasmic is a great show!!! :thumbsup: Glad you enjoyed it.

ChipnDaleGal
03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
Your first Disney Day seems like a total success for all three of you. Thank you for reporting. :mickey:

faline
03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Coronado Springs is a lovely resort! Good choice on a place to stay!

For just arriving, you covered lots of ground at the studios!

mrsgaribaldi
03-19-2008, 05:52 PM
Sounds like Sophie is having a great time so far. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

January-2007
03-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Thanks for reporting.

RedheadWriter
03-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks for the report!:mickey: