PDA

View Full Version : Funniest Book

danimator
03-15-2008, 07:27 PM
What is the funniest book you ever read (and/or funniest author)?

Personally I can't get enough of P.G. Wodehouse, especially "Leave it to Psmith" (love the flower pot throwing scene) and "Code of The Woosters." He cracks me up every time :funny:

Dakota Rose
03-15-2008, 08:21 PM
It wasn't slapstick funny, or really even comedic, but I found Waking Walt by Larry Pontius to be pretty humorous. Especially when Walt sees Disney World.

thejens
03-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Vonnegut. I am usually not a laugh out loud kind of person while reading or watching TV, but Slauterhouse Five and pretty much any Vonnegut has me laughing to tears. Not sure how to spell that Vonnegutt?

garymacd
03-16-2008, 11:31 AM
Funniest books I ever read were written by Douglas Adams. They were the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. A Trilogy told in five parts. You really have to be in the mood for it and you really have to enjoy satirical comedy and let go of your sense of reality.

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 11:49 AM
I'm a fan of Janet Evonovich. She did a series of mystery books about a female bounty hunter, named Stephanie Plum, that gets herself into all kinds of mischief. They are quite funny.

Tink2002
03-16-2008, 07:08 PM
Operating Instructions by Anne Lamott made me laugh out loud more than once... I had to read it for a class at school, and anyone who is a parent would thoroughly enjoy it!!!!

tinksmom02
03-16-2008, 10:01 PM
The Shroud of the Thwacker, by Chris Elliott (from There's something about mary, get a life, etc), is hysterical. Just so out there it has to be funny.

I'm not really a fan of Elliott as an actor, but I like his writing.

RenDuran
03-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I just got done with "Enslaved by Ducks" by Bob Tarte. It was a complete fluke that I even picked the book up, but I loved it! I would be laughing so hard, I'd cry.

alphamommy
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
"Hitchhiker's Guide series is great. I also LOVE Dave Barry - most of his books are compilations of his columns, but they're still uproarious.

Tammy