PDA

View Full Version : We're BOOKED

JMTStone
03-15-2008, 06:06 PM
We did it! We're booked on Magic May 2009 for the Eastern Carribbean with Tortola. Its our first Disney Cruise. We've been on a Princess cruise and I wasn't very impressed, but being Disney freaks - we had to try again. I didn't think there was enough "family" or "kids" stuff on the Princess one.:sail:

We looked at pricing online, then called Magical Journeys (thanks Kathy). MJ saved us quite a lot of money but DVC points went even further for us once we borrowed. Now I have to go a year without the World but I think it will be worth it.:minnie:

I've watched the planning DVD... what else can I do to prepare? Hubby and I are renewing our vows while we are there and DD16 and DD7 will be with us. I've been reading the board for a few days but haven't found a checklist!!! I'm great with checklists!

90 days till WDW, over a year till the cruise:cloud9:

Sorry I'm babbling :blah:

Ed
03-15-2008, 07:12 PM
"Pure Disney.... Book 'em, Dano!" :cop:

First and foremost, make sure everyone in your party has a current passport! Processing time has been quite lengthy lately, and by the time of your cruise, it will be an absolute requirement. No passport, no cruise. :nono:

Consider getting guidebooks for the islands you will be visiting. You'll find lots of helpful hints from others who have experienced the islands.

I always recommend that the adults set aside one night aboard to have dinner at Palo. It is an experience not to be missed. Outstanding food, attentive but not suffocating service, and more than worth the small surcharge. That night, your DDs will be able to find more than enough activities to keep them busy, and your regular servers in the restaurants, I'm sure, will pamper them on their "girls' night out".

Definitely don't miss the "Pirates IN the Caribbean" nighttime party up on the 9th and 10th decks. It's a lot of fun, and one of the features is a DCL exclusive - - fireworks fired from the ship out over the ocean!

Since you have plenty of lead time, read as many of the trip reports in this forum as you can. You'll find lots of suggestions, opinions, and discussion of what others did and didn't like about their cruises.

Considering that you will be renewing your vows on this trip, make it something of a second (or third or fourth as the case may be) honeymoon. Splurge and treat yourselves to some pampering in the onboard spa or perhaps a soothing massage in one of the cabanas on Castaway Cay.

And above all else... take plenty of pictures! We make a point of shooting several hundred digital pictures, figuring that after we get home we'll probably delete about half of them. But in actual practice, we've found that nearly every picture brings back great memories, and we end up deleting probably less than 1% of them!

Congrats on making a great choice; you're gonna love it!

:mjump:

Turk82
03-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Oh, how excited.....just booked!!! No wonder you were babbling...who wouldn't!!! So many thoughts and tips I have picked up here...planning is definatlely a part of the FUN!! I just love reading everyone's comments and have enjoyed the Passporter book (it includes TONS of links for more information also). I was able to get a Passporter from the library. Have fun planning!:party:

BethieTink
03-17-2008, 08:48 AM
:congrats:

You must be so excited. I am hoping to be booked today for the 7 Night to St. Croix in October 2009. Sent my email to Karen at MJ already, so hopefully later today, I will be on :cloud9:.

I completely understand the babbling. DH and I have been doing it and aren't even officially booked yet.

Enjoy the planning!

Pixie Power
03-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Just wanted to say DH and I sailed w/ a different cruise line to Tortola and it is a lovely island. We did an excursion to the Baths on Virgin Gorda & it was fabulous. Just wish we could have spent more time there. I really think you could book that yourself and get more time there.

Just thought I'd pass that on.:thumbsup:

JMTStone
03-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Thank you for the tip!!! I'll make sure to look into self-excursions!

Hair_Razor
03-20-2008, 11:02 AM
I would suggest doing excursions through your ship. Timing is everything, you don't want to get out to someplace and not be able to get back to the ship before it sails away. If your ship booked excursion is a running late they will know and make arrangements. If you are by yourself you are just that. You should find Disney much more family friendly Princess is not really geared toward that. You night even find Carnival to be more for your family as well. Enjoy and congrats!! :thumbsup: