PDA

View Full Version : 3 table service meals a day?

Deesdisney
03-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I am trying to set up our ADRs for Feb. We went in Feb this year and did 2 cs with 1ts a day. I was wondering if anyone has had 3 ts meals a day? If so, did you have any time left to see the parks? We will be spending 2 days in each park and I would love to go to other ts rest. at the resorts. Let me know what you think?

EvilQueen2006
03-15-2008, 04:46 PM
The most I have done is 2 TS a day, breakfast and dinner. even that seemed like a lot of time and a lot of food!

Deesdisney
03-15-2008, 04:54 PM
Thank you. Thats what I thought. Maybe I will have to wait until I visit DWD with just adults. That way we could take our time.

SBETigg
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I agree that three ts meals would be time-consuming and a lot of food. When we're always full, we have a harder time enjoying the parks because we just don't feel like moving around as much- so maybe that's just us, but I think it would definitely cut into park time and be too much for us. For us, it's one TS meal a day and even then we like to have at least one day of counter service only to free up some park time.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 05:07 PM
I would think 3 would be too much. We ate at 8:30 am at Crystal Palace and then at 9 pm at O'hana's. I couldn't imagine eating anymore than that in a day. It's a lot of food.

Next time we are thinking of trying the same DDP but using 2 to eat at a signature restaurant.

Jared
03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
The most I have done is 2 TS a day, breakfast and dinner. even that seemed like a lot of time and a lot of food!
It's not even about the time involved -- it's the amount of food. My family chooses not to use the regular Disney Dining Plan because it leads to overeating, and that's with just one table service and one counter service meal each day. Unless you plan to just pick and graze, I wouldn't schedule more than two table service restaurants in a day.

:tasty:

CAS
03-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Agreed. Plus if you have kids they'll get really tired of sitting for a long meal 3 times a day. My daughter is patient, but not that patient. ;)

One TS a day for us is just about perfect. :thumbsup:

BMan62
03-15-2008, 07:41 PM
The Deluxe Dining Plan is pretty much designed so that you could go to character meals/shows (HDD,MBYBBQ,SoA) every day and allow yourself a regular sit down meal at another time during the day.

I honestly don't think anyone could sit down for three single TS credit meals in one day.

wendy*darling
03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Way back in 1993, we did the Deluxe Package which included 3 TS meals a day. I still remember running from one restaurant to the next all week! And we were always full.:sick:
We had little kids then (3 & 6) and it was nice to sit down and relax, but that was WAY too much food.

This coming fall, and again in January 09, we will be doing the Deluxe Dining Plan. But our plan is for a number of Signature meals, and the rest either a TS or CS breakfast or lunch. I have no qualms with using the DxDDP for an occasional CS. I am not out to "get every penny's worth"- I just want to have a nice vacation!

If you have 3TS credits a day- just do a TS breakfast, then plan a nice Signature (2TS) dinner. Everyone will be happier and more comfortable.

Genie1953
03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
We did two counter services and one table service in one day and felt absolutely stuffed the entire day and were oh so uncomfortable that night. From then on we did one counter service and one table service with a small snack between and even that was almost too much food.

Natazu
03-15-2008, 10:30 PM
We've had some days like that. We made our breakfast light, certainly not something you'd use a TS credit for, then a lunch about 1:30 and a late dinner someplace nice where you aren't rushed like CG or Citricos. We did our park time between breakfast (pre-opening) and lunch, then went back to the resort for a rest and a dip, maybe some DTD shopping, that kind of thing. It doesn't allow for a huge amount of park time so if you're going for a week or less, keep that in mind.

I, of course, don't recommend eating that much all the time. I only do it in an effort to post reviews on as many places as possible for my family here on INTERCOT.