PDA

View Full Version : Rate & Review LeCellier

Jeff G
03-15-2008, 12:27 PM
I really enjoyed the ratings and reviews for the Hoop de Doo and the Polynesian Luau. I found them very helpful in planning so I thought I'd do the restaurants. My plan is to do 1-2 per week so I don't clutter up the boards. I'm going to keep an average score.

My poll is to see what everyone who has tried LeCellier really thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options & points awarded are:
4 - Excellent - A don't miss.
3 - Very Good
2 - Average
1 - Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Currently the results are:

Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue - 3.62
Spirit of Aloha Polynesian Luau - 2.39

Thanks!

offwego
03-15-2008, 12:59 PM
We have had two good and one excellent so I have indicated a very good.

Our most recent was the excellent (in september in free dining no less). We had a very late adr (I'm thinking 8:40 ish? but can't recall off hand) and had no sense of being rushed or anything. Our server was great! Funny, good to recommend both food & wine. (even topped up our glasses since it was the end of the night on the house!). Kidded with us without being overally intruisve and the food was also prepared as everyone wanted and was both tasty and well presented. We thought the portions were very good as well. (but we do tend to prefer quality over quantity and with the old plan including app's you didn't need to worry about that much).

The server even ran after us (I mean out into the park after us) when DS forgot his glow cube! And they found a CM from the town were we live to talk to us.

Our prev two good ones had good food, the service both times was fine. One we had a bad seat (seemed to be in the way of everything and just akward some how) and the other time we seemed to wait a little long to verge into "very good" but I still (clearly) would go back.

EvilQueen2006
03-15-2008, 01:13 PM
I may be in a minority, but I found it only average. Maybe because I don't eat steak or maybe its all the good hype I heard before hand that set me up for disapointment. I had the salmon salad which was good, and the cheese soup, which was very good. The service was good and there was nothing wrong with the overall experience, but with so many other good dining experiences in WDW, nothing really stood out as making this experience superior.

SBETigg
03-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I think Le Cellier is overrated, but I still had to say it was very good. It ranked above average, though no where near excellent and very good is a stretch. I would say that it ranks a solid "good" but that's not an option. While not the best in Disney (because it pales in comparison to most signature dining), the food is delicious and creatively presented. The service can be spotty but most people report good experiences there. It's definitely one of the better choices in its price range.

GrmGrninGost
03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I gave it a very good. Up until our last outing there, it would have gotten an excellent. Our waitress that evening wasn't quite what we would have wanted, and the food was not quite as memorable as before. I still highly recommend it though. :mickey:

pogo
03-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I hope to be able to answer this in December ! :D

Mommy2boys
03-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Excellent!

moe513
03-16-2008, 11:17 AM
We had a great cm.I makes all the difference inhow much we enjoy the meal. Wecould only get lunch adrs which was disappointing. Also,I dont eat beef so I missed out on there signature dishes.

GoofyScooter
03-16-2008, 01:02 PM
We have had very good food and service at Le Cellier. We have booked our ADR for June.

dizneeat
03-16-2008, 01:13 PM
We have been to Le Cellier a few times now and always had fantastic food and very good and fun service! One of our favorites!! :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
03-16-2008, 03:07 PM
I rated it excellent. I give it a gold plate award.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

tinksmom02
03-16-2008, 08:55 PM
We had an excellent experience there last January (our first time), and a pretty good experience in September...although the food didn't seem to be nearly as good as it was the first time. I rated it a very good experience. The cheese soup, the breadsticks, and the creme brulee are fabulous, and DD loved the chocolate "moose"!

Shugoondola
03-16-2008, 09:22 PM
I gave it an excellent. I've always had a great meal at LeCellier.

:mickey:

KineGirl
03-16-2008, 09:29 PM
We havent ate there in 2 years but its an amazing kind of "steak house" with a fish twist. Would def recommend

terri110874
03-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Had lunch here on Feb 28, it was great the best steak we had in a long time. And dessert was good too. Tried to book again for later on in the trip but all booked up and long waits for walk up.

DisneyorBust
03-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Our experiences there have been good to very good consistantly. The only drawback that I have noted is that the restauraunt could eliminate a few tables, it always seems to be a tightly packed restaurant.

poeticeclipse
03-17-2008, 10:30 AM
I loved my experience at Le Cellier this past May.

The service was the best we had our entire trip. The food was the best as well. My husband would give it a 3 out of 4 as he prefers Sci-Fi to anything. Does that tell you about how he likes to eat? haha.

The salmon was amazing and my husband loved the creme brulee.

I'm really glad I got that ressie.

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I have had both lunch and dinner here in the past. The food was always great and the service was above average. I loved the different breads that come with the meals. The last time we were there, the CM took the time to explain the stories behind each of the different breads.

Tinkerfreak
03-17-2008, 11:19 AM
After having to drag my kids here in Nov. they ended up liking it more than any other ts we did. They have begged me to go back again in November of this year and want me to book something on our first night and again at the end of our stay. They loved the food, ecspecially the desserts and still talk about it. They loved our waiter, he was so good to them and very friendly. Our overall experience has been excellent. DH and I ate here for the first time last April and loved it so much we knew the girls would too.

WriteDisney
03-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I rated it Excellent! I was there last February, great service and great food! Our waiter was very friendly and explained a little about where he was from and what the origin of each different type of bread was (fantastic)! I actually thought Le Cellier was better than Yachtman's in terms of food (although there both great) even though Yachtman's counts as 2 meals on DDP.:thumbsup:

KylesMom
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
We schedule two dinner ADRs each trip at LeCellier, and have always found the food and service excellent. Between the appetizers, cuts of beef, sides, bread and wine, it is one of our favorite dining establishments in all of The World. In fact, DS is begging me to try and find the recipe for Pretzel Bread, as he thinks he can't live a whole year without it! :mickey:

RAIDER
03-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I put very good but its not what i would class as excellent :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
this is an excellent resturant from the service to the excellent food. in the begining it was really tough getting into Le Cellier, as we used to learn the hardway(before we became WDW dining experts :mickey:) now when it's time to make our ADR's it's 1 of the first TS resturants that we try to get. i remember 1 year we didn't have any reservations and we were on our way from Seaworld and wanted to try to get a TS at Epcot, so when dw walked up to the podium they had told us that they were booked until Sep, and we were there in June, i kid you not, anyhow im rambling Le Cellier is an excellent dining experince all around.

Victor

Crow
03-17-2008, 09:14 PM
well the food was good.
but the ambiance doesnt overwhelm me.
If i dont eat there again I wont be upset. I do like it but it is a tad overrated I think.
I just ate there a few wks ago
I couldnt get an ADR intially, but met an area mgr at Flying Fish who got me 1.
the spicy chicken & chipotle sausage app was suprisingly spice for Disney. the steak burger was good.
but Im not going to stress for an ADR on future trips. Theres a lot of good places. I passed it by last yr to try other places.

em-n-mia's-mommy
03-20-2008, 12:38 AM
excellent..best meal i had the entire trip! The $13 glass of chardonnay I had was very tasty too.

TBY2225
03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Le Cellier is my DH and my favorite WDW resturant. We love the filets and desserts!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
03-20-2008, 11:28 AM
We have been numerous times and have never had anything but very good to excellent. The meal is always great and the service is great as well.

Mickey91
03-24-2008, 12:30 AM
First time was awesome! Last time we had a mouthy waitress and the food was not as good either. Have ressies for our trip in Sept though, hoping it will be awesome again!!!

DisneyGiant
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
I think these polls can be a very valuable tool in selecting the restaurants to spend our hard earned money!!!

I voted "very good" because while I love the Food at Le Cellier - the past few times we've been there the service has been on the slow side - like we don't seem to matter. In fact, we are skipping it on our next adventure.

animalkingdomguy
03-26-2008, 09:03 AM
LeCellier is truely a great resturant. Since we discovered it we make an ADR for each trip. It would be a unthinkable to not eat at LeCellier at least once during a visit to WDW.

MARY POPS' MOM
03-26-2008, 09:13 AM
HUbby & I have dined there 3 different times. The last was during free dining in Sept so how could we go wrong? DH was looking forward to a nice steak, he enjoyed the tomato salad more! I had the chicken & did not like it at all. We left disappointed & in no hurry to go back again. The cheese soup is awesome along with dessert as always. DH brags about the steak he had at Tonys' restaurant in MK during that trip! We wish they would bring the Rueben Sandwich back to the lunch menu. Now that was excellent.

LandFan
03-26-2008, 11:54 AM
We LOVE le Cellier. Especially the PEI mussels and the filet with wild mushroom risotto!

mudpuppysmom
03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I rated it average......compared to all the other wonderful places there are to eat at WDW. When we have eaten there it's not been anything spectacular, but not terribe either, so just average........the pretzel bread and cheese soup are good though, but you can get the pretzel bread at Biergarten too, just smaller rolls, not the longer breadsticks like they have at LeCellier.