PDA

View Full Version : ALL moderate pools closed 4/15 and on???

DunkinNut
03-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Oh come ON can that be true? We will be in Orlando 4/15-4/24 - more specifically IN the Diz from 4/17-4/24 (first two nights at the Gaylord/conference). When I went to make reservations we were met with:
Caribbean? Oh, that pool is closed.
French Qtr? Oh, that pool is closed.
Coronado? Oh, that pool is closed.
I could go on. Well, we wound up making reservations at Riverside - apparently THEIR pool is one of the only mods NOT being refurbed during that time period. I just wondered if any of you had any more DETAILED info about this. I was hoping perhaps that they have to SAY that the pools are being refurbed from this date to that to be on the safe side - but perhaps there was a more specific calendar??? I'm grasping at straws I'm sure. We are BUMMED. The Dolphin was booked. Wilderness - booked. GRRRRR. I don't WANT to stay at Riverside - and I'm not even sure why!!! Someone tell me some GOOD reasons to stay at Riverside! Please! TIA DN

PetefromRI
03-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Allright,take a deep breathe now and count to 10 slowly.The CBR pool is being completely rebuilt and will be ready Sept.15th but all the quiet pools are still open.I personally won't go there until the pools done because we really enjoy the main pool area and ambiance.The POFQ is down for rehab but you can walk to POR and use that pool,kind of a long walk if you ask me.The CSR is only the waterslide thats being repaired,the pool is still operational.So now you really have 2 choices unless the slide is a must.POR is really a nice resort,CBR is our favorite but POR is still really nice.I'd stay there if I were you,at least give it a try,you may end up loving it.

brewcrew26
03-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Riverside is really nice! The quiet pools while they don't have any theming were nice and relaxing in the evening after coming back from the parks.

We'll be staying the first time at CBR, and from what we're told, that's such a large resort. Riverside isn't as spread out as CBR, but it's still large. The mansions are a nice retreat and if you really like seclusion the bayou style buildings are nice, too.

The food court and restaurant are excellent. We never had a bad experience in our two times there. French Quarter was also very nice, but it only had the one pool.

goofy for pluto
03-15-2008, 05:01 PM
I thought the French Quarter pool was scheduled to re-open March 15th,
and as mentioned above it is only the pool slide that is closed at the main pool of Coronado.
So Riverside pool should be open,
Coronado pool should be open and
French Quarter pool should be open.
As far as the Moderate resorts go,
It is only the CBR main pool that is listed to be closed during April.

buzz2001
03-16-2008, 08:06 AM
NEWS - Beginning March 31, 2008, the Jaguar slide will be closed to CSR guests so we may begin a refinishing effort. They expect the work to be completed by the end of April 2008. The Lost City of Cibola pool will remain open during this time.

McGoofy
03-16-2008, 07:28 PM
The POFQ is down for rehab but you can walk to POR and use that pool,kind of a long walk if you ask me.

Yes, you are allowed to share the pools between the 2 resorts. However, you don't have to walk. There is a riverboat that runs between the POFQ and POR. (You can also take these boats to Downtown Disney from both of the resorts.) My son and I used this boat last summer when we stayed at POFQ to check out the pool at POR.

Personally, I love POR. We have reservations to stay there again in November. The mansion style rooms are really pretty. I think you would enjoy the pool and hot tub area. The lounge has a great entertainer named Bob Jackson several nights a week. There is also the Boatwrights restaurant on property. If you like sweet potatoes, you will love the sweet potato pancakes! POR has lots of great qualities!:thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
03-16-2008, 08:11 PM
POR is my favorite moderate. It's so peaceful and really feels like a little town to me. :)

minnie1956
03-16-2008, 10:56 PM
We LOVE the Riverside. It is a beautiful resort we try to get a waterview. The pools are great, the food courts are fine too. Bus service was very reliable. We've stayed 3 times and hope to again. The rooms are nice as well, fridges in them and I LOVE the privacy curtains. Trust us,
it will be great!!! :thumbsup: