PDA

View Full Version : Lets "meet" our fellow anglers

Greenlawler
03-15-2008, 12:08 AM
Hey I just thought a good idea would be to have a thread where we told a little more about ourselves. Of course you do not have to post here but I think it would be neat to hear about you guys who I have been conversing with since last year.

I will start. My name is Todd and I am the father of three boys ages 5,2,and 1. My youngest son has "Downs syndrome". We became addicted to the characters when we saw my oldest son react to meeting Donald Duck the first time. I am a youth Minister by trade and have been working with teens for 15 years. I grew up in Nashville, TN and I enjoy running and watching games on TV. We go to the parks at least two times a year, and we pretty much go character angling although we do ride some rides. We have made some good friends at the parks and if I ever post any info its usually becuase they told me about it. Our favorite Disney flick is Robin Hood, but Donald and Huey, Dewey, and Louie are our favorite characters. My favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion with Coutry Bears being a close second.
Your turn

joanna71985
03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
My name is Joanna. I am 22 years and currently a student at Montclair State in NJ. I live with my parents and 7 siblings (6 younger). I was never a big character fan when I was younger, but I started getting interested in character-finding during my first CP back in 2005. I have done 3 CPs, and will be doing a 4th in May. My goal is to work FT at Disney when I graduate next May.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
03-15-2008, 12:46 AM
Ohh! This can be fun!

My name is Jessica, I'm about to turn 23 on March 31st and I attend the University of Central Florida's Rosen College of Hospitality Management (say that 5 times fast). I'm studying theme park management. I was born and raised in Florida, lived here my whole life in various parts of the state so I've literally seen it all. I started working for Disney in January of 2007, as a CP at Pop Century's food court. In August, I transfered to MK Emporium, which I love more than anything else.

I have an unhealthy obsession with anything involving Disney, including characters. I've always loved characters and getting to meet them, but only recently started looking into getting the autographs alongside them. My second biggest love in life is anime, and all things Japanese.

My goal is to continue working for the WDW Company in an executive level, possibly even attempting for Bob Iger's job. One dream of mine is to work for Tokyo Disneyland.

Goofeygal
03-15-2008, 08:49 AM
My name is Candy and I will be 50 soon (:secret:). I am a WDW addict. We go to the parks about 4 times a year. My fav ride is R&R coaster because I am a huge Aerosmith fan, I actually got to met Steven Tyler in Frontierland at WDW a couple years ago. Talk about a dream come true. I have 2 boys adopted from Korea they are 19 and almost 21 yrs old OMG how time flies.

Jozymouse
03-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi! My name is Josiane, i'm a 30 y/o Marketing Senior Manager and I was born and raise in Montreal Quebec in Canada. My parents started bringing me and my sister to Disney World in 1981 and we almost visisted a Disney theme park once a year since then (WDW 20 times / DCA 3 times). The first character I have ever met was Minnie and she is my favorite Disney Character ever! I make a point to always get my picture with her on every trip! We were always into characters meaning we would take a picture with all the characters we ran into. Back in the days where you just ran into then all the time!! I collected autographs uptil the early 2000s and then i lost the interest for it. But have never lost the interest in meeting new characters and/or regular characters wearing new outfits! Our next trip is in Dec 2008 to Disneyland California (after 14 years of absence!)! But since I found out that Lea Minnie, Vader Goofy and Storm Trooper Donald will be greeting at the Star Wars weekends this year I am already planning a June 2009 vacation so I can meet them!!! :blush:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 12:08 PM
My name is Kris. I've been married for 4 years. My husband and I had our honeymoon in WDW and try to celebrate our anniversary there every year. We had to miss the 1st 2 year because I had a kidney transplant.

I live in Nashville. I've been here almost 1/2 my life now. I hate country music but love rock. I play guitar in a funk rock band - Jonesworld. I put together concerts that raise money for the National Kidney Foundation. I also love hockey - Nashville Predators season ticket holder. This summer I put together a Save The Predators event that raised over $7000 that purchased tickets that were donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.

I love to travel. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Europe. WDW is one of my favorite places to travel to. My favorite rides are RNRC, TOT, POTC, HM and Splash Mt. I love Disney food and music. My husband and I enjoy character hunting. On a past couple of trips we have found some great ones to get photos with.

Hayden's Dad
03-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone,
My name is Kyle. My wife and I live in Greensboro, NC and we are both 31. We have been married for 10 years in October, but we were your typical high school sweethearts and have been a couple for almost 17 years.
My wife got me interested in Disney when we honeymooned at the Carribean Beach Resort in 1998 and we have been hooked ever since and tried to go at least once every 2 years.

I would also like to introduce probably our youngest Charcter Angler and that is my son Hayden. As most of you already know Hayden was diagnosed with Krabbe's Disease in February 2007, and we were given a timeline of 6-9 months so we made sure he got a chance to experience the magic of Disney and we were able to take him to WDW twice last year, and during our trip in Nov. we got a chance to meet some of my adopted Intercot family including the Captain herself. During that trip we made it a point to meet as many characters as possible for Hayden, we found 116 total with 56 being different. Hayden is now the ripe old age of 2yrs and 2 months and blowing the doctor's predictions out of the water. We will be going back to our favorite place in May 12-17 and attendeing the P&PP on the 16th and are planning on beating our last record.

We recieved some real Disney magic on Hayden's two year birthday in January with a book full of character signatures for Hayden some extremely rare ones too (all the way from the Blue Fairy to Captain Barbosa and many others as well). It was a wonderful present and it is now our goal to actually meet as many of the autographees as possible. ;)

So needless to say we are hooked. Whenever I see the threads for the hard ticket events and everyone saying how short the lines are for the rides I just shake my head and say why are you riding rides, once you have met everyone then you can ride rides.:D We are aslo booked for 11 of our 15 meals for our trip in May as character meals.:thumbsup:

Long live the magic!!!!:mickey:

joanna71985
03-15-2008, 02:47 PM
But since I found out that Lea Minnie, Vader Goofy and Storm Trooper Donald will be greeting at the Star Wars weekends this year I am already planning a June 2009 vacation so I can meet them!!! :blush:

They are?!

Greenlawler
03-15-2008, 11:07 PM
My name is Kris. I've been married for 4 years. My husband and I had our honeymoon in WDW and try to celebrate our anniversary there every year. We had to miss the 1st 2 year because I had a kidney transplant.

I live in Nashville. I've been here almost 1/2 my life now. I hate country music but love rock. I play guitar in a funk rock band - Jonesworld. I put together concerts that raise money for the National Kidney Foundation. I also love hockey - Nashville Predators season ticket holder. This summer I put together a Save The Predators event that raised over $7000 that purchased tickets that were donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.

I love to travel. I've been to Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Europe. WDW is one of my favorite places to travel to. My favorite rides are RNRC, TOT, POTC, HM and Splash Mt. I love Disney food and music. My husband and I enjoy character hunting. On a past couple of trips we have found some great ones to get photos with.

Hello fellow Nashvillian, we live in Columbia but I grew up there as I mentioned earlier. We love the Predators as well and my father in law was at that rally. Nice to "meet you".

Jozymouse
03-16-2008, 08:39 PM
They are?! From the site wdwinfo.com
2008 Star Wars Characters:

Jedi Mickey

Leia Minnie (New for 2008)

Vader Goofy (New for 2008)

Stormtrooper Donald (New for '08)

Queen Amidala

Aurra Sing

Boba Fett

Cantina Band

Chewbacca

Clonetroopers

Darth Maul
Darth Vader

Ewoks

Jango Fett Jawas

Princess Leia

Luke Skywalker

R2-D2

Shaak Ti

Stormtroopers

Tusken Raiders

Zam Wesell

:D

joanna71985
03-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Woohoo!! I can't wait to see Minnie, Goofy, and Donald in June!!:thumbsup:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello fellow Nashvillian, we live in Columbia but I grew up there as I mentioned earlier. We love the Predators as well and my father in law was at that rally. Nice to "meet you".

Nice to meet you too! Columbia's close. I too was at the rally - helped out with the silent auction.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Hayden is now the ripe old age of 2yrs and 2 months and blowing the doctor's predictions out of the water. We will be going back to our favorite place in May 12-17 and attendeing the P&PP on the 16th and are planning on beating our last record.

Just proof that the doctors don't always get it right. :):thumbsup:

I hope Hayden has a great time at the P&PP party.

like2workout
03-17-2008, 09:02 AM
hey folks, my name is mark and i'm from memphis, tn. i first went to dw in 96 and have loved it since. and i just bought my first annual pass!! i'll be going 3/27 to use it for the first time. i'm always on the lookout for new characters, and usually come back with several from each trip. between the various different parties, the new movies coming out, and finding a rare one here and there, there always seem to be some new ones that i've never met before. i'm also trying to stay at every single disney resort. i look forward to meeting some of you there!

DisneyFreak1313
03-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Hi, my name is Crystal and I am 25 years....I am an absolute Disney nut......My DH and I usually make a trip twice a year to Disney (we live in Canada).....We have been to most of the different parties and different holidays in Disney......We have met a ton of different characters (around 200 mark) not only with Disney but with other companies too. Everything in my life revolves around Disney right down to my cutlery to my tv to my car (vinyl decals of characters on the sides). We currently have no children, but one day will. Next trip is in June of this year for SWW and I am very excited to hear about the new characters appearing this year!

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 10:33 AM
My name is Bo and my DW and I love everything about Disney. In the past year, we moved from Destin, Fl to Tarpon Springs (Tampa Bay). With the parks only being an hour and a half away, we usually go at least every other month. It is great to be able to see a lot of the special events that we never were able to see. It has made a big difference, in that now we can lesurely take our time instead of rushing to get everything in. You never have to hurry if you can always come back the next day, or weekend. Of course my favorite character is Donald, and I aim to get a new autograph/photo book this year with nothing but different pictures of Donald and his various family members.

Jozymouse
03-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Woohoo!! I can't wait to see Minnie, Goofy, and Donald in June!!:thumbsup: Joanna, make sure to take lots of pictures for me!!!!! :thumbsup:
They are going to be SOOOO cute!!!!

Jozymouse
03-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Disneyfreak: Which Canadian province are you from?

DisneyFreak1313
03-17-2008, 12:20 PM
I am from Ontario (near Toronto) ;) I see you are from Montreal....good to hear of other Canadians supporting the Mouse!

joanna71985
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Joanna, make sure to take lots of pictures for me!!!!! :thumbsup:
They are going to be SOOOO cute!!!!

Oh don't worry, I will! Plus I will be adding them to my character website.:)

Amy_Callaghan
03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Hey I just thought a good idea would be to have a thread where we told a little more about ourselves. Of course you do not have to post here but I think it would be neat to hear about you guys who I have been conversing with since last year.

I will start. My name is Todd and I am the father of three boys ages 5,2,and 1. My youngest son has "Downs syndrome". We became addicted to the characters when we saw my oldest son react to meeting Donald Duck the first time. I am a youth Minister by trade and have been working with teens for 15 years. I grew up in Nashville, TN and I enjoy running and watching games on TV. We go to the parks at least two times a year, and we pretty much go character angling although we do ride some rides. We have made some good friends at the parks and if I ever post any info its usually becuase they told me about it. Our favorite Disney flick is Robin Hood, but Donald and Huey, Dewey, and Louie are our favorite characters. My favorite attraction is the Haunted Mansion with Coutry Bears being a close second.
Your turn

Hello, my name is Amy I'm 33. I have two children Tristan 6 Shea 4 (but will be 5 on the 24th of this month) We love to character hunt, and have found many characters, we started in 2005 and have been addicted to finding as many as we could ever since. The three of us have attended all three parties at the Magic Kingdom in 2007 in search of new or rare characters. We even have our own website dedicated to all of the characters we've found over the years.
We live in the central florida area, and enjoy going to Disney as often as we can. In fact we are going on the 22nd of this month to celebrate Shea's birthday. We plan on meeting Mr. & Mrs. Easter Bunny, and Bert from Mary Poppins this time around. Shea's favorite rides are The Tea Cups, and Journey Into Imagination, Tristan likes Mission Space and Space Mountain, as well as the Tower Of Terror. While I love to go on the rides, I'm just happy to walk around the parks, and find characters with my kids.

rjmdds
03-18-2008, 10:59 AM
I love this thread. My name is Robert and I am 37 years old. I live in Westfield, NJ with my wife, Jean, my daughter, Sophia (5), and my son Cooper (2 1/2). I am a dentist, as is my wife. :D We don't practice together but enjoy sharing stories about "CRAZY" patients. I first went to WDW in 1975 with my family and stayed at the Contemporary. I remember how in awe I was at the structure. I loved the characters then and still love them today. I still have my autograph book from that trip! Our daughter's first trip was in 2005 and we met TONS of characters. We'll be heading down 4/23-5/2 and hope to see lots more. I have taken lots of notes from some of you pro anglers, especially joanna, Hayden'sDad, Greenlawler and Jozymouse to name a few. So thank you.
I am a HUGE Yankee fan and can't wait to be there for the last Opening Day in the old ballpark in 2 weeks. I am also a huge Springsteen fan too. BTW Joanna, I grew up in Bloomfield and have been to Montclair State MANY times. When a lot of my friends went there, it was still Montclair State College. I know Clove Road all too well!!:party::beer:

joanna71985
03-18-2008, 01:13 PM
I have taken lots of notes from some of you pro anglers, especially joanna, Hayden'sDad, Greenlawler and Jozymouse to name a few. So thank you.
I am a HUGE Yankee fan and can't wait to be there for the last Opening Day in the old ballpark in 2 weeks. I am also a huge Springsteen fan too. BTW Joanna, I grew up in Bloomfield and have been to Montclair State MANY times. When a lot of my friends went there, it was still Montclair State College. I know Clove Road all too well!!:party::beer:

Awsome!! And you are welcome.:)

Jozymouse
03-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Oh don't worry, I will! Plus I will be adding them to my character website.:) Yeah for Joanna and her great character website!!!!!:joy:

MMouse6937
03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
This is fun!

My name is Sarah and I'm 34. I live in Albuquerque (way too far away) with my DH Mike who is 42. I had visited WDW a few times as a child but didn't become hooked until about 2000, now we go every year. DH is not as big a Disney nut, but he appreciates the magic and loves to see me happy. I am a medical office manager/assistant and DH is the service manager at a motorcycle dealership. We have no children, but seven rescue animals that are my life. If it's not Disney, animals are my second passion, they mean the world to me.

My favorite character is Mickey, my vacation cannot officially start until I get to see him and get an autograph. We have recently gotten into autographs and have fun seeing how many different signatures we can get. Last year was funny at Chef Mickey's, Minnie forgot how to spell her name and had to start over on another page!

I look forward to this year's trip and more autographs in my book!

joanna71985
03-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah for Joanna and her great character website!!!!!:joy:

You're too kind. :blush:

Greenlawler
03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=rjmdds;1577909] I have taken lots of notes from some of you pro anglers, especially joanna, Hayden'sDad, Greenlawler and Jozymouse to name a few. So thank you.

Thanks I enjoy helping others find characters as much as finding them myself.