PDA

View Full Version : Tokelau at the Poly for us?

2Princesses4Us
03-14-2008, 11:34 PM
from my reading, it seems that Tokelau might be the best for our September trip... we are traveling with DDs, 6 and 3, and DS, 1, with a stroller...

Any advice/tips/experiences are greatly appreciated!

:mickey:

Jeff G
03-15-2008, 10:01 AM
We requested Tokelau and really liked it. At the time we had my DD who was 3 & my DS who was 1. Because we had such a small traveler we were in the room early at night and during the afternoon for naps a few times that trip. Having the small pool right outside our window allowed one of us parents to swim with the little one while the other watched from the room. My absolute favorite reason we liked this room is that we could walk to the end of the resort and stand on the 3rd floor stair platform and watch the fireworks from the MK along with the electric water parade. I let me DD stay up while my DS slept and we watched the night time entertainment many times, it was really awesome.

As for the building, it's convenient because it's not very far from the main building but it is removed enough that generally the visitors to the resort (and there are many with the luau and restaurants) didn't make it to or side as much so it was never crowded feeling. The pool right next to the building is nice to if your in the mood for a quick swim.

Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
03-15-2008, 12:22 PM
We stayed in that building in January 2007 and loved it. We didn't have one complaint except we didn't want to leave. It was close to everything and the room was gorgeous. Plus it had a nice balcony.:mickey:

2Princesses4Us
03-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Thanks you two... I called Disney and requested this building for our September trip!
:mickey:

IloveDisney71
03-17-2008, 08:50 PM
I didn't request a building but we ended up in Tokelau and loved it. Our little patio overlooked the pool but we never had time to use it. We loved the location. It was pretty close to the main building/monorail stop. The bus stop was right up the walk-way from our building and we were just a five minute walk to the TTC. You have requested a great building.
My tips:
- If you get a chance to watch Wishes and the Electric Water Pageant from the beach, you'll love it.
- Ohana is a great family restaurant with wonderful food!
-Try the tonga toast and a Pineapple Dole Whip from Capt. Kooks (I think that was the name of the little quick food place in the ceremonial house.)

SurferStitch
03-18-2008, 01:04 AM
DH and I stayed in Tokelau in December, and we loved it. Our room was huge, and we could see the castle from our room for the cost of a garden view room. It was off to the right, and looked gorgeous at night. Our room overlooked the quite pool, and was on the top floor.

One thing....the rooms in Tokelau only have one sink. I was kind of disappointed when we saw that, but otherwise, the room was perfect.

Have a great stay!!!