PDA

View Full Version : WCC or Ohanas?

mrshams
03-14-2008, 07:12 PM
I've planned out my ADRs for our October trip with the exception of one night. I'm tossed between Whispering Canyon Cafe and Ohanas. My DDs (9 & 4) would love the playfulness of both restaurants and I can't decide which to choose? Please help.

SgtTigger
03-14-2008, 07:19 PM
What kind of food do you like best....

BBQ at Whispering Canyon....

Or

Meat Turkey and Shrimp and a Polynesian felling....

we like both so it could be a toss up.......

:cop: :tigger:

DVC2004
03-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Both are fun, but the food and atmosphere are better at Ohana. My kids love the coconut races and the hula hoop contests, and we all love the food and the view of MK!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-15-2008, 12:23 PM
I love O'hana's....it's one of our favorites. I don't have any kids but whenever we are there the kids seem to have a lot of fun. The restaurant really gets them involved in dancing.

mickeytravel
03-15-2008, 02:11 PM
i would choose Ohanas for sure. We make it a point to go there each visit. Better food and fun. :mickey:

Natazu
03-16-2008, 12:17 AM
I definitely like the food better at 'Ohana. No contest.

Mickey 101
03-16-2008, 12:26 AM
My kids are teens, but their favorite TS restaurant is 'Ohana. Both the food and the atmosphere are amazing!

CaptSmee
03-16-2008, 01:27 AM
You can't go wrong with either one. Don't plan on either one being a quiet meal though. They both can get a little noisy!:mickey:

Belle_0717
03-16-2008, 10:13 AM
My DH and I love Ohana's. The kids that were eating there when we were there seemed to have a lot of fun. The coconut races and Hula lessons are hysterical.

moe513
03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
We only been to wc once but go to Ohanas every trip.

princessjojo
03-16-2008, 11:42 AM
I had the same problem deciding between the two, so I just decided to do both. Fixed my problem altogether.

Decisions, decisions:scratch:

GoofyScooter
03-16-2008, 01:00 PM
We have eaten at both WCC and Ohana's and we make it a point to go back to Ohana's when we go back to WDW. We enjoyed the food better at Ohana's.

Shugoondola
03-16-2008, 01:05 PM
I've never been to WCC, but 'Ohana is on my must-do list every year. It's one of my all-time favorites. :number1:

:mickey:

DDuck66
03-17-2008, 11:01 AM
I had the same problem deciding between the two, so I just decided to do both. Fixed my problem altogether.

Decisions, decisions:scratch:
I believe that the poster above has the right idea. Why limit yourself???Two is always better than one. We have never had dinner at Ohana's but we love dinner at WCC.

Tygger7
03-17-2008, 11:12 AM
I was actually going to book Ohana's for my upcoming trip in May, and a lady I work with (who is also a Disney-addict...and her son is a cast member) steered me away from it. She said that is has progressively gone down hill the past 3-5 years, and after her last experience in Spring 07 she refuses to go there any more because the quality of the food was so bad. I really respect her opinion because it has to be pretty bad for her to not recommend it, and the fact that she have given it multiple chances the past few years.

Now, I will say that every time we've done WCC it's been excellent...great service and I love the BBQ. Especially since you're planning this meal for kids, take a look at the menus for both and let them decide. Some people may not care for the "style" of the food if you have picky eaters.

And if you go to Ohanas be sure to post a dining review!! :mickey:

SBETigg
03-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I would choose 'Ohana. I prefer the atmosphere and food.