PDA

View Full Version : I survived the DISBoards!

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
After my most recent bannination from the DISBoards I decided enough is enough. I got banned by an overzealous moderator back in the day and I recently stated that I was banned by an overzealous moderator back in the day resulting in my being banned by another overzealous moderator. Yeah, it doesn't make sense to me either.

I've heard from some very nice people that this place is considerably more friendly and that the moderators here know how to run a board. I look forward to sharing my stories and shootin' the breeze with everybody here.

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM
:welcome:

YAY!

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
WELCOME, GRAHAM!!!

It's awesome to have you and Jill here now. Sorry about your recent bannination (what a word). The mods here ARE awesome. Every time i've screwed up and posted something I shouldn't have... they've kindly PM'd me and let me know what was going on. Not that that happens often... maybe twice. I don't cause trouble... I swear!! :)

okay... more smilies!!!

:artist:

:rocks:

:dishes:

:sulley:

:archer:

:bowl:

ibrowse17
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Welcome to true nature of the Disney spirit, and to the family:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
03-14-2008, 07:41 PM
I look forward to sharing my stories and shootin' the breeze with everybody here.

Wait a minute..... hang on....... we cant have no Shootin around here...........

What?????? Huh??????

Oh you meant talking....... oh....... NEVERMIND.........

I now return you to your regularly scheduled post.........

Oh and Welcome to INTERCOT

:cop: :tigger:

T-Belle
03-14-2008, 07:57 PM
:hands: WELCOME!!!
Your gonna love it here!!!

Flower
03-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Wait a minute..... hang on....... we cant have no Shootin around here...........

What?????? Huh??????

Easy Brett, put your service gun away, they're not really armed!!!

Welcome Quest! :welcome:

poeticeclipse
03-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh yeah!! I love your avatar choice, Graham. Classic!

pink
03-14-2008, 08:38 PM
Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. :mickey:

Jeff G
03-14-2008, 09:58 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!

NotaGeek
03-14-2008, 10:45 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

Just kidding ...

:welcome: to INTERCOT. :mickey:

Mrs. Bee
03-14-2008, 11:02 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

Just kidding ...

yikes! i saw the red letters and i thought "oh no! not again!" and "we can't mention other sites or something??" you scared me! good one! haha.

i think i already like the mods here a lot :)
yay! :yay:

Quest4fun
03-14-2008, 11:04 PM
MODERATOR ALERT

Just kidding ...

I love you guys.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Welcome to Intercot. You'll enjoy it.

alpro2
03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Welcome to Intercot!

MsMin
03-15-2008, 10:58 AM
:welcome: glad you joined us!

Kairi_7378
03-15-2008, 11:17 AM
Welcome! I can't imagine what prompted anyone to ban you from a Disney site! The discussion here can occasionally get heated but everyone is treated with respect here. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories.

RedSoxFan
03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
:welcome:to Intercot.

Mrs. Bee
03-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Welcome! I can't imagine what prompted anyone to ban you from a Disney site! The discussion here can occasionally get heated but everyone is treated with respect here. Looking forward to hearing some of your stories.

i have a story! it's about being banned...haha.
well..first he stuck up for his wife who was getting attacked by board members that think it's okay to leave children unattended in cars. his wife...does not think it's okay and was very vocal about it (which lead to a major "infraction" for her.) when his wife said something about the infraction in a thread, the mods considered it an "attack" and banned her forever. then he went into a thread to tell people his wife had been banned. he said the mods seem to play favorites. what did that get him...banned! pretty lame.

oh yeah...i'm the wife...haha. :) i'm not exactly sure why i was banned. i can only guess it's because i mentioned the infraction. they didn't really tell me what i said that was an "attack" on a mod so i'll never know...haha.

i'm much happier here :mickey:

Mousefever
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
well..first he stuck up for his wife who was getting attacked by board members that think it's okay to leave children unattended in cars. his wife...does not think it's okay and was very vocal about it (which lead to a major "infraction" for her.) when his wife said something about the infraction in a thread, the mods considered it an "attack" and banned her forever. then he went into a thread to tell people his wife had been banned. he said the mods seem to play favorites. what did that get him...banned! pretty lame.

oh yeah...i'm the wife...haha. :) i'm not exactly sure why i was banned. i can only guess it's because i mentioned the infraction. they didn't really tell me what i said that was an "attack" on a mod so i'll never know...haha.

Well welcome to both of you! No one would ever be banned here for expressing a different opinion as long as the differing opinion is expressed respectfully. You can differ in opinion without personally attacking the other poster. Personal attacks are not permitted here, so I'm sure you'll be much happier at Intercot.

In this spirit I would like to share something I just read:

Remember, two people can look at the same thing and see it differently.

Amy

WDWfanatic742
03-15-2008, 05:01 PM
:welcome: to Intercot :number1:

Dakota Rose
03-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Welcome to the greatest Disney boards ever!

kaerbear178
03-15-2008, 08:51 PM
:welcome: to Intercot! I know you'll love it here as much as we all do!

MMouse6937
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Welcome guys!!

I sure love Intercot, the people here are nice and I think the boards are easy to navigate. Some of those other places get me so confused as to where I am and where I've posted (I confuse easily :blush:)

Hope you like it here!! :thumbsup:

Here we go again...
03-16-2008, 12:16 AM
First, to both of you....
:welcome: To Intercot!!

Now, about this guy:

What?????? Huh??????

He gets a little annoying and likes to play cops and robbers.... we just humor him....
:trio:

Terra
03-16-2008, 08:37 AM

:haha: goodness sounds like some other boards I've been on! And I would have been right there "banned" with you! I'm very passionate and have the same view on the subject as well!

Welcome to both of you!!!!!!!!!! This board truly is great!! And as many have said, there have been several "hot" topics and everyone explains themselves and remains respectful!!

Kairi_7378
03-16-2008, 09:07 AM

That's absurd! Glad you've found a happier home here. And I'm glad that you like to share pics, I love to see pictures of fellow Disney fans enjoying our "Happy Place."

Tink's Mom
03-16-2008, 11:24 AM
:welcome:

disneydeb
03-16-2008, 11:29 AM
:mickey:Welcome to both of you!:mickey:

Hair_Razor
03-16-2008, 12:15 PM
WELCOME!! :tiphat:

Now just remember we will not take any of your shenanigans and we are very adamant about allowing our children to stay in cars alone so don't try and persuade us otherwise! :humph:
:rotfl: :D

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 01:26 PM
That's absurd! Glad you've found a happier home here. And I'm glad that you like to share pics, I love to see pictures of fellow Disney fans enjoying our "Happy Place."

Oh I have thousands and thousands of pictures from Disneyland! Literally thousands. And on our recent WDW trip we look about 1000 photos. I'll probably start up a few threads with photos in them this week sometime.

WELCOME!! :tiphat:

Now just remember we will not take any of your shenanigans and we are very adamant about allowing our children to stay in cars alone so don't try and persuade us otherwise! :humph:
:rotfl: :D

Okay...I'll keep that in mind. Haha. :crazy:

murphy1
03-16-2008, 02:40 PM
You'll only get banished here if you hate MK ( you are allowed to not like certain parks here LOL.) Welcome!!

I love you, Bret, you're too funny!:mickey: Oh, you have to send any possum roadkill to Natazu or Pogo (provided it is found over in the Reedy Creek District especially)

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 06:40 PM
You'll only get banished here if you hate MK ( you are allowed to not like certain parks here LOL.) Welcome!!

I love you, Bret, you're too funny!:mickey: Oh, you have to send any possum roadkill to Natazu or Pogo (provided it is found over in the Reedy Creek District especially)

I like the Magic Kingdom. But it's not my favorite Disney park. Here's how I rank them...

1. Disneyland
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Epcot
4. Magic Kingdom
5. California Adventure
6. MGM/DHS

Oh...and can you get in trouble for being sarcastic here?? (Not the mean/rude kind directed at others just for the sake of being mean. But the funny, joking, sarcasm?)

poeticeclipse
03-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Oh...and can you get in trouble for being sarcastic here?? (Not the mean/rude kind directed at others just for the sake of being mean. But the funny, joking, sarcasm?)

I'm not very good at sarcasm via the internet. No one gets it. I wish there was some sort of slang so people would know I'm not saying things in a literal way. I often try and use caps to express my sarcasm... it just makes it sound like i'm yelling.

McGoofy
03-16-2008, 07:07 PM

Yes, some discussions can occasionally get heated, but just don't ask about re-using refillable mugs on different trips and you will be fine. (Those who have been around here for a while are rolling their eyes at the mention of the words "refillable mugs!";))

Welcome!! Intercot is awesome. I always look forward to reading posts here. I have made some good friends here.:thumbsup:

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, some discussions can occasionally get heated, but just don't ask about re-using refillable mugs on different trips and you will be fine. (Those who have been around here for a while are rolling their eyes at the mention of the words "refillable mugs!";))

Welcome!! Intercot is awesome. I always look forward to reading posts here. I have made some good friends here.:thumbsup:

Haha...the other *cough*evil*cough disney board I used to be on had a similiar heated thread about the mugs. I just step back and think, "wow...what a silly thing for adults to get worked up about" haha.

I tend to only get really heated about issues like leaving your toddler alone and unattended in a car. But apparently that's just me...haha. :)

Mrs. Bee
03-16-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm not very good at sarcasm via the internet. No one gets it. I wish there was some sort of slang so people would know I'm not saying things in a literal way. I often try and use caps to express my sarcasm... it just makes it sound like i'm yelling.

hopefully everyone here will get to know me (and graham) well enough to understand that we can be super sarcastic and whatnot. it's all in good fun.

Oh...and in case anyone is bored...I started a couple threads over in the disneyland section of the board. A mystery photos thread and just a plain old photos thread. Check them out and contribute if you want! :)

murphy1
03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
You two sound like good people. I love Midwesterners, y'all are salt of the earth:thumbsup:

disneydrmr
03-17-2008, 09:06 AM
:welcome: WELCOME to Intercot!

That's what the smilies are for: ;) :laughing: :rolleyes: :hug: use them wisely and they can help you stay out of trouble! :D

Tinkerfreak
03-17-2008, 11:04 AM
First of all :welcome: and second of all WHAT A CUTE COUPLE!!!!
I think you will love it here. Everyone is usally pretty respectful and we have great moderators who help keeps things under control. You won't find a more down to earth and enthusiastic group of people on any other site. They all have the best info and we are all truly happy for each other and share in our joys as well as help each other through the rough times.
Like was stated earlier, you will truly become addicted and after a while you will want to check in all the time just to see how "the Disney family" is doing.

prprincess
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Welcome!! :D

I used to hang out at the boards you mentioned, as well as two others that will remain nameless. And honestly, I just keep coming back here over and over again. I find the best information here, as well as the friendliest and most respectful posters. So enjoy!!

Quest4fun
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
First of all :welcome: and second of all WHAT A CUTE COUPLE!!!!
I think you will love it here. Everyone is usally pretty respectful and we have great moderators who help keeps things under control. You won't find a more down to earth and enthusiastic group of people on any other site. They all have the best info and we are all truly happy for each other and share in our joys as well as help each other through the rough times.
Like was stated earlier, you will truly become addicted and after a while you will want to check in all the time just to see how "the Disney family" is doing.

We're already addicted. We used to visit one of those "other" boards where everybody is cranky and the mods think they're gods. This one is sooooo much better.

Quest4fun
03-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I look a little strange in that picture. That Mickey was touching my back in a strange way. I may have known her. She usually says something though unless other people are around and I think there was a family waiting to get their photo taken.

Everybody should visit your Disneyland threads.

murphy1
03-17-2008, 05:40 PM
You two are cute! Great picture!

bleukarma
03-18-2008, 02:50 PM
Welcome to Intercot!!!! :party: You guys are going to love it!!! This is one of the best sites I have found. The people here are really great people!!! :mickey: