PDA

View Full Version : Do you pack a hairdryer?

DisneyDog
03-14-2008, 12:06 PM
I usually bring a hair dryer when I go on vacation, but I haven't flown to stay in a hotel for a very long time. When we pack our car, I don't worry too much about what I bring. We will be flying to WDW next month. I am debating whether to bring a hairdryer or not. I've often had bad luck with the hairdryers in hotel rooms (too powerful or not powerful enough). I have very fussy hair.

So, do you bring your own or chance using the one in the hotel room?

AuntDJ
03-14-2008, 12:10 PM
I don't normally bring a hair dryer with me. However, I have recently cut my hair kinda short, so I think I will on my next trip.

The reason? I also have naturally curly hair and a diffusor will not fit on the hair dryer at hotels. And if I don't diffuse my hair, it is super frizzy.

I have never had issues with the hairdryers at DW but if you think you have picky hair it is probably better to be safe than miserable on your trip.

Have fun!
DJ

Kidsmom
03-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Same as previous poster.....I bring a difusser for my curly hair, it doesn't fit on hotel dryer.

DVCWDWMEMBER
03-14-2008, 12:30 PM
I have not brought a hair dryer with me to WDW in a long time and have found the hair dryers to be really great at the resorts. Have not had a problem with them at all.

Taja
03-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I bring my own travel dryer because I have very thick shoulder-length hair that takes forever to dry. Since most of the WDW hotel dryers (possibly all by now) are attached to the vanity area wall, there is no place to sit during the drying process.

At one time, some of the WDW resorts had the wimpy hair dryers with hoses that couldn't even begin to dry my hair (Yacht Club in 2003 comes to mind). They may have been replaced by newer models now.

tennantsrwe
03-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I always take my own hair dryer on vacations. I have very thick hair, as does my DD, and the smaller ones in the hotels take waaaaayyy too long to dry. Plus ours has the attachments we need...diffuser, etc. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
I always pack a hairdryer when I travel. I have very long hair and the ones at hotels have a lower wattage than mine. It would take 20-30 mins if I used theirs.

gauvin4
03-14-2008, 12:53 PM
I always use the one at the resort. I don't want to carry anything that I don't have to. My hair can get frizzy sometimes, but I have never had a problem using there hairdryers.

IloveDisney71
03-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I always bring my own hair dryer. Disney does have them in the resort rooms but like previous posters have said - people with thick hair need a more powerful hair dryer. I need lots of power to dry my really, really thick hair.

disneymom15
03-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I use the one in the room. I try to fit all my things in my carry on and the hair dryer takes up valuable space.

wendy*darling
03-14-2008, 07:21 PM
I use the dryers in the resorts.
I also have very thick hair- but have no problem with the dryer there.
I generally air dry (even at home) for about 20 minutes before I attempt to use a hair dryer. Then it only takes about 5-10 minutes. I do not need a diffuser- just a good round brush and the dryer.

kakn7294
03-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I don't bring a dryer but we don't really use one much either. My DD's don't ever dry their hair and I only dry my bangs and put the rest in a ponytail while it's wet. The resort dryers are sufficient for us.

laughingplace<3
03-14-2008, 11:27 PM
I have relatively straight hair, so no, I don't pack a hairdryer. I straighten my hair, so I bring my hair straightener. However when I'm in a rush I'll just run out the door. :thumbsup: