PDA

View Full Version : Help w/Recipe for Cheese French Toast @ CRT

SplashFan01
03-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Has anyone made this before? It's one of my favorite Disney recipes, and I printed it out, but I do not know which cheese to use in it. Does anyone know either what Disney uses or a suitable comparable brand? Thanks for your help!

TheRustyScupper
03-14-2008, 11:52 AM
1) Disney does not use "cheese", per se.
2) The recipe is

Cheese French Toast
from Cinderella's Royal Table, Magic Kingdom
Yield: 8 servings

3 eggs
2 cups milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
4 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 quart frying oil
6 cheese Danish, cut into quarters
Cinnamon-sugar mixture for dusting fried toasts

1. Mix eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.

2. Sift baking powder, sugar and flour together, add to the egg mixture. Allow to stand for 10 minutes.

3. Heat oil to 350 F. Dip quartered Danish in egg batter and place coated pieces into fryer. Fry until golden on one side. Turn Danish over to brown on the other side. Roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture and serve.

SplashFan01
03-14-2008, 11:58 AM
yes that is the recipe i have but i do not know what kind of Danish cheese to use or where to get it from, so that's my question

DisneyJaime
03-14-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm not completely positive, but I think Danish is a pastry (like a croissant of sorts.) You can buy flavored danishes and for this recipes you should use the cheese FLAVORED danish. Hope this helps!

Disneymom4ever
03-14-2008, 05:27 PM
A Danish is a round pastry, with a circular filling in the middle- usually apple, cherry, or a cream cheese type. I've gotten them at Costco in a pack of 6 or 8 (or Sam's Club, depending where you live) before, you might find them even in a grocery store bakery section. Yum, this recipe sounds really good, I just might have to try it! Thanks! :mickey: