PDA

View Full Version : Nurses discount at Dolphin

moe513
03-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I have a question to all who have used this discount. What documentation do you need to show and when? Can I show my nursing license?

kdsjjb
03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I certainly don't mean to hijack your thread, but can you (or someone) PLEASE tell me more about this discount?

DW is an ER nurse, and we would love to investigate this further.

Thanks!

sainter
03-14-2008, 05:59 PM
I am sure someone will be along to tell you for sure. At one time I thought I read a license or pay stub with position on it was sufficient. Or maybe it was both?
If you are interested in seeing if a nurses discount is available at the Swan or Dolphin at the time you are going, it is easiest to just call their reservations number and ask. The discount amount varies, but people have posted that they have gotten a room in the past for as little as $159- $179/night!

MOJoe
03-14-2008, 06:08 PM
You do not need documentation when you make your reservation, but you do need a pay stub or license when you check in at the front desk. Also, the reservation must be in your name. I am curious if they offer the same rate for Intercot as the nurse/teacher discount. Like to hear some feedback on this.

TheMartellFamily
03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Ok is it for all nursing or is it for just RN and if you bring in a pay stub. I am an MA and will that work.

wendy*darling
03-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Ok is it for all nursing or is it for just RN and if you bring in a pay stub. I am an MA and will that work.
I believe it does.

They have traditionally had discounts for Government workers, Nurses (allied health care staff) and teachers.

You do not need to prove it at booking, but you do need to show a current pay stub, license, ID, etc. at check-in or you will revert to rack rate. Get specific details when you book your reservation.

garymacd
03-16-2008, 11:42 AM
Off topic.

It's too bad they don't open up SOG to police, fire and paramedics.

pcoleman
03-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Remember, SOG is a military installation run by the rec center for the military. They do not have the ability to open up for any other situation. It would be nice if all the hotels could offer special discounts for everyone. The police, fire and paramedics are not military.

MsMin
03-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Don't we get a discount @ the Dolphin /Swan b/c they are an intercot sponsor? I know you can get 1/2 off if you join the recipe a month club through the Dolphin. There is a discount out there for everyone....

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-16-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm guessing this would be a no, but I am a substitute teacher and am wondering if the teacher discount would apply for me? Anyone asked and received word on this? My paystub doesn't actually clarify position, it just says that it is from the District School Board of Pasco County.