PDA

View Full Version : Putt Putt

HairyBear
03-13-2008, 10:34 PM
We have not done any of the miniature golfing while in the WDW area. There are 2 at WDW but not sure which is better. How about outside WDW?

busterthebronco
03-13-2008, 11:05 PM
winter/sumerland is better.
best theme and easy enough for young 'uns.
the fairways course is tough if you are playing with adults or teenagers.we allways finish with a mickey bar! :bar:

JuicyMoose17
03-13-2008, 11:11 PM
I think Fantasia Gardens is waaaaaaaaay better. It has a music theme and some pretty neat obstacles. Its better to go in the evening btw. The lights make the coarse look extra good. plus its not that hot. :golf:

TexasPrincessAurora
03-13-2008, 11:53 PM
To me, the theming and landscaping of Winter Summerland is much better. It's so much fun, much more lighthearted and much more family friendly. Fantasia Gardens is definitely the harder of the 2 and is starting to show its age.

brewcrew26
03-14-2008, 12:09 AM
I've only tried Fantasia Gardens. I thought it was uber-tough (and I've been golfing since I was a little kid). But it was really fun. Definitely go at night otherwise it's too hot.

Outside of the parks, I like the Pirates Cove on I-Drive. I liked it more than the one at the Crossroads. There's also a place (or there was a place) on Irlo Bronson called Million Dollar Mulligans. It's more like a pitch 'n putt, but its challenging if you have older kids or want to work on your short game. Plus, if you get a hole-in-one on one of the holes, you win a million dollars (my brother missed it by an inch and I think the owner just about had a heart attack because you really need to know how to read greens).

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-14-2008, 10:24 PM
We do both Winter/Summerland and Fantasia Gardens all the time (If you or anyone in your party has an annual pass it is 50% off for 4 people--less than $6 to play!!!) and we really like them both equally. Fantasia is more Disneyish I guess--since it is themed off the movie. Winter/Summerland is fun for the sandcastle in the snow kinda thing it has goin on.

NJ Camper
03-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Why choose just do them on different nights and then you can say you've done them both then come back and give us a report

Followthatmouse
03-15-2008, 06:58 AM
We have only played Fantasia Gardens and we love it. It is so much fun to see the effects and hear the music when you score a hole in one. I concur with the suggestion to play at night or at the first 'tee-time' in the morning as the heat can be oppressive.

caryrae
03-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Winter/Summerland is really pretty easy courses, most of the time you will get a hole in one on a few holes but I like the themeing and the Xmas music.

I believe too if you play at one of the places you get 50% off at the other place with the reciept.

Pirates Cove is always a good place.