PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks from POFQ?

PixieChick
03-13-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi,
Last year we stayed at CBR and really enjoyed watching Epcots fireworks from the beach and was just wondering if anybody knows if you can catch a glimpse of them from either POFQ or POR?
Thanks

MauiMouse
03-13-2008, 02:43 PM
We stayed in Building #3 @ POFQ with a view of the parking lot looking toward Epcot. We were also on the 3rd floor and you could see some but not a lot of the fireworks over at Epcot.

WriteDisney
03-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Staying there this fall, great question! Another little tidbit I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been on intercot :thumbsup:

ibrowse17
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
You will be able to catch a glimpse, but that would about all. We stood at the bus stop one evening and saw some, but mainly it was just flashes in the sky.

MOJoe
03-13-2008, 02:49 PM
I don't remember being able to see anything from POFQ. This resort feels remote to me. Nice, if you want to relax after a day at the parks. But too quiet if you want to be in the middle of everything. As a matter of fact, i don't remember even being able to hear fireworks while i was at POFQ.

simpleyred
03-13-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't recall seeing any fireworks from POFQ but we could hear them. We did see them on the boatride back from DTD twice.

Last trip - POFQ Jan.31-Feb. 6, 2008

aurorafan
03-13-2008, 03:24 PM
When we were at POR in Feb. my friend and I saw some fireworks through the trees when we were walking back to our room. We were in front of the bell services area (where they hold your bags) and could see a nice shot of them but weren't sure if they were from Epcot or not. You couldn't really hear them, but it was cool and the next time I take the family there I'll try to catch them to show my boys :thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-13-2008, 03:34 PM
The first time we were at POR I remember being in the pool one night and hearing what I thought was approaching thunder...then I realized that it was the Epcot fireworks :blush:

I don't remember being able to see them though...

kakn7294
03-13-2008, 03:48 PM
When we stayed at POFQ in Dec 2006, we could see limited fireworks from Epcot through the trees. There's not a lot you can see and there's no music to go with it.

CleveRocks
03-13-2008, 09:33 PM
This might help. Look at the map at this link: http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/maps/images/pofq07.JPG

There are 3 criteria for being able to see many of the IllumiNations fireworks, and you must have all 3:

3rd floor room
room that faces south (towards the bottom of the map -- if you can see drawings of windows, those windows face south)
an unobstructed view, meaning that your room isn't too close to another building.

For example, look at Building 2. I could see them from my room at the far wing of that building, the part towards the river that juts out the the right. But now look at the map and look at the rooms directly under (down from) the numeral "2." Those rooms wouldn't offer a view of the fireworks because they are too close to Building 3. It doesn't look all that close on the map, but that's how pleasantly compact POFQ is.

WriteDisney
03-14-2008, 01:07 PM
Wow great post CleveRocks! I'm taking note of this for our trip! Thanks! :thumbsup:

PixieChick
03-19-2008, 08:46 PM
Cleve Rocks, you truly do rock!
Thanks for the map. I'll definately try to find the perfect spot. I guess missing the fireworks is worth staying at a more "compact" hotel. Especially in August.