PDA

View Full Version : DDE vs. DDDP

Distrvlr
03-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Since the change of Disneys Dining plan this year to either Disney Dining Experience or Disney Deluxe Dining does anyone know how the free dining offer, if it were to happen, would effect those who have reservations in the same period of time as last years free dining offer . Would Disney only make the free dining offer on a Disney Dining plan or would they honor the Deluxe Dining request? Just curious.:confused::eat:

Figment!
03-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Welcome to INTERCOT :hi: Glad you're here :)

The Disney Dining Experience (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp) is wholly separate from the Disney Dining Plan and not effected by the "Free Dining Plan" Package Promotion.

I believe you are asking about what effect will the "Free Dining Plan" Package Promotion have on the Deluxe Disney Dining Plan if the promotion is offered again this year.

If so, It can't be said with certainty what Disney will do with future promotions, but they may provide an upgrade option judging by similar past situations.

An "upgrade" option was previously offered to Guests who were eligible to take advantage of a "Bounceback" Promotional Package (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=114685) that was essentially the same discount as the "Free Dining Plan" Promotional Package.

Guests were able to purchase the Promotional Package and then upgrade the package to include the Deluxe Plan at an additional cost of $32 per adult per night and $10 per child per per night.

Distrvlr
03-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Figment (Love the ride) Thank you for responding.

I am mistaken in using the term "Disney Dining Expierience". I was refering to the basic Disney Dining Plan and the newly created Deluxe Dining Plan. We are currently holding the Deluxe Dining Plan with our reservation for our September stay in lieu of the standard Disney Dining Plan. I was simply curious how Disney might handle the discount do to the fact that our Deluxe Dining plan was a little more expensive than the regular Dining Plan. We chose to upgrade to Deluxe so we could utilize a few of our meal credits at the signature restaurants and Dinner shows yet still have enough meal credits to have an evening sit down meal every night of our stay as well.

I was curious if the free dining promotion occured if Disney would ask us to except the standard dining plan and just pay the difference between the two plans to maintain the Deluxe plan or would they honor our existing reservation for the Deluxe Dining plan as a part of their promotion.
Again thank you to anyone who might have insight on this question.:mickey:

Figment!
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I was curious if the free dining promotion occured if Disney would ask us to except the standard dining plan and just pay the difference between the two plans to maintain the Deluxe plan or would they honor our existing reservation for the Deluxe Dining plan as a part of their promotion. More than likely, if the promotion is offered again, you would have the option to be discounted the cost of the Standard Dining Plan and pay only the difference between the two plans.

Keep in mind that Disney will not contact you if they offer the promotion and notify you of the option to change.

Beyond having a travel agent (like magical journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/)) who can apply a discount to an already booked eligible package for you, I am personally not aware of how one does it directly through Disney by themselves. Another INTERCOTee may have knowledge of this ....