PDA

View Full Version : Really dumb question #1

BMan62
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
We want to book Spirit of Aloha, but do not yet have our finalized reservation for our trip. The dates are set, we are just waiting for discounts coming out for mid-September before finalizing everything.

Do we need to have a finalized reservation, with DDP, to get an ADR for SoA without having to pay in advance? I have a feeling that, without a reservation number that they can check to see that we have purchased the DDP, we will need to pay up front.

TIA

honeebee86
03-13-2008, 09:29 AM
from my understanding, they do not actually charge your credit card until you either do not show up to the show or do show up and tell them you would like to pay differently. I made a reservation for the Hoop-Dee-Do Review on our last trip and they did ask if we were going to be on the dining plan (we were) and they still made me give them a credit card to secure my spot. I was worried about them charging my card 3 months before we were going and was told they only charge it if you don't show up. And if you change your mind about dining here, as long as you call 48 hours before your ressie, they will not charge your card.

BMan62
03-13-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks! That takes a load off my mind.

vorchik
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
If you don't yet have your package reservation with DDP you'll need to pay the full amount at time of ADR. After you have you package reservation with DDP you need to call them back, give you number and they will refund the total amount. Don't forget, that using DDP credits you can book only 2nd and 3d category seatings!

wendy*darling
03-13-2008, 10:27 PM
I made a reservation for the Hoop-Dee-Do Review on our last trip and they did ask if we were going to be on the dining plan (we were) and they still made me give them a credit card to secure my spot. I was worried about them charging my card 3 months before we were going and was told they only charge it if you don't show up.
Your credit card was not charged because you were on the DDP.

If you don't yet have your package reservation with DDP you'll need to pay the full amount at time of ADR. After you have you package reservation with DDP you need to call them back, give you number and they will refund the total amount. Don't forget, that using DDP credits you can book only 2nd and 3d category seatings!
That is correct.
If you do not yet have your reservation- you will be charged.

honeebee86
03-15-2008, 02:15 PM
well actually we hadn't even reserved a package yet, we jsut knew we would be staying on property and would be on the DP, they never asked for a confirmation # for our package, and I was just told that the Credit card is only to prevent people from making a reservation for a dinner show and not showing up or not cancelling 48 hours before. I even had disney make me a birthday cake which totalled $250 and they made me give them a credit card but only for security, when we received the cake we just told them we would pay differently.

Jared
03-15-2008, 06:52 PM
If you do not yet have your reservation- you will be charged.
If later you do add the Disney Dining Plan, what happens? Is the charge reversed?

wendy*darling
03-15-2008, 09:00 PM
If later you do add the Disney Dining Plan, what happens? Is the charge reversed?
I think so Jared. I haven't tried this myself, but I believe they will credit your card.